Somatotypes

>Are they a real thing? What do you guys think?

Personally, I don't buy it. If somatotypes are real and you can't change yours, no matter what you do (ectomorphs will always struggle to gain weight, mesomorphs will always stay lean and muscular and endomorphs will always struggle not to get fat, or to loose weight) then how do you explain what is in, my opinion, the killer of this theory: the obesity epidemic? As I understand it, according to this theory, the composition of the world's population, when it comes to the distribution of each body type, shold not change and should stay constant. Did humanity as a whole suddenly somehow shift towards the endomorph type? Are ectomorphs and mesomorphs dying off?

The whole thing, as I understand it, is shaky at best: did I miss something? What don't I understand? Is there any actual science underlying this theory and even if it's all true, to what degree does it really matter?

Red pill me on body types, I guess.

Attached: The-Three-Different-Body-Types-and-How-They-Affect-Your-Training.jpg (1024x622, 47K)

I guess they are somewhat true, but when it comes to eccessively eating everything you can because muh genetics it stops

There's always going to be skinny fags, cut fags, and big sons a bitches.

It's just skeletal frame. That's it.

Not really. People do have different skeletal frames, but that doesn't really have much to do with your muscle mass or body fat %.

I think they're fine terms to describe someone's body shape, but to act like it's completely genetic or something that cannot be altered with diet and exercise is objectively wrong.

Somatypes are ancient pseudoscience bullshit, and anyone that brings them up should be ridiculed and disregarded. Anything useful you can say about different body-types can be said without bringing up that stupid shit.

I'm gonna go with marry, fuck, kill.

Somatotypes are real
Noone is purely one of the 3 presented
You're not set in your current somatotype

They're not real. People have different skeletal frame, but that doesn't predispose them to being skinny, musuclar or fat.

no

so what's the fucking point then?

Same question as
#

The guy who defined them was a psychologist and claimed that your type influences your character. He was laughed at by his peers and his crack-head theories never went anywhere.

Today the types are still considered by some, but it's never full-on one type. It's supposed to be some percentage of each. Today the point is the same as telling the future from the palm of your hand. It's on the same level as a horoscope.

Idk if those categories represent a real tri-modal distribution in the human population, but there are differences in human frame sizes that significantly impact your ability to put on muscle mass and cut fat. So even if they are memes they still describe something with some basis in reality

Yes it does, bigger bones decide how much muscle can be packed on. Wrist and ankles circumference are strongly related to this and no amount of time in the gym, plates of barbeque or frauding will change that

It's just a system that gained popularity without any scientific basis. You could draw up an alternative in 5 minutes, 1 person with wide shoulders, 1 person with long legs, and the other with a huge dick or something and it would be just as valid. It's vague, unscientific and pointless, because there's no clearcut guideliness for clasification.

kek

>Somatotypes are real.
in the same way a dragon is yes

It's about as real as race. Which is based on helpfulness toward categorization.

My dad was a skeleton in his youth, got Jow Forums via police force for 20 years, and is now retired big as shit but strong as shit bear mode. I’d say throughout his life he went through all three “somatotypes”.
God willing I am trying follow in those footsteps, minus being a cop. No they do not exist.

>Want to get bigger: eat more
>Want to get smaller: eat less
Simple as

This.

Tbh they're correct in a really stupid backwards kind of way, in the sense that someone who has a wide skeletal frame and is short will gain weight and mass in a different way that someone who has a thin frame and is tall. Lanklets have difficulty putting on weight because they're bigger and their body requires more calories to get heavy, not because they're a certain subclass of human or because they have some metabolic difference. We all metabolize at roughly the same rate. It's probably best just to tell people the actual reason they're gaining too much/not enough as opposed to giving them some weird pseudoscience bullshit that's kinda correct if you look at it from the right angle.

The actual, more important question:
>do genes have an effect on your metabolism and if so, to what extent?

Most normies here think genes do not (CICOOOO!!!! CICOOO), but that is retarded. That’s as Jewish as saying there is only one human race.

Attached: 9A7C6ED0-754D-4964-891F-5AFE7A14988B.png (680x714, 329K)

The relative difference in metabolic efficiency is only on the order of ~±200 cals and has far more to do with gut biome and diet related hypo/hyperthyroid than genes

Today's best information is subject to change. Ancestral morphology has more influence.

That's different thing. Having big bones doesn't automatically make you muscular.

Cops exist, I saw one the other day.

>Being thickset does not allow more gains than being narrow

Well, I definitely agree that the gut brain axis probably has a huge effect on your hormonal and thus metabolic situation, but the differences in metabolic activity between different people definitely can be more than 200 kcal. Research is being done on variation in Basal Metabolic Rate. Also, look up research on cardarine and other chemicals.

I'm a dickomorph baby.

>Broad/Narrow shoulders
>Wide/Small waist
>Longer/shorter legs
These things and a few more exist and affect how aesthetic you can look. You might be able to fix some negative parts by focusing on it but thats only to a certain extent. Males with broad shoulders and narrow waist will look more aesthetic and broad hips and tiny waist is a good look for females. People who have longer legs have better proportions and look taller even if they arent actually tall. These things are important to take into consideration when planning your workout like if you have narrow shoulders its better to focus on upper body etc.

Attached: 1503073486504.jpg (374x452, 18K)

The best thing i can do is not get fat, the more are lay in bed and eat a lot the more i get skinny wtf

hormone levels.
low t low e
high t low/med e
high e high t or both medium

Attached: 1316204395580.jpg (1500x667, 89K)

plus or minus 200 calories meaning that the difference is on average up to 400. of course there are outliers beyond that range.

Doesn't get any clearer

Even disregarding somatypes we have no idea how much this guy had to eat to gain as much fat as he did. He may have had to eat more than the average fatty to get there

he was clearly bulking so he would of course have to eat more than a sedentary/average fatso

Somatypes as descriptive only. They aren’t genetic nor static. An endomorph can become an ectomorph etc