How to switch to freeweight squats...

How to switch to freeweight squats? I started 2 months ago with 5x5 icecream and I've been doing all the exercises with freeweights apart from squatting in the smith machine. My gym has no power/squat rack, just a weight stand where you can pick up the weights around shoulder height, walk back and squat but that scares me shitless. I've tried it with low weights but putting actual weights for progression scares me shitless. If I fail a rep I'm stuck there, if I lose balance I'll probably die/kill someone. What do?

Attached: squat.jpg (480x270, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=423Ew_DQC40.
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Start with just the bar you can’t be that weak.

>icecream fitness
My god you actually fell for it

>icecream
oh no
oh nonono

do drop squats with a DB

Post body

Attached: IMG_20190827_000928.jpg (636x726, 152K)

Does anyone remember the exact amounts of test Blahinho was on? I remember them being stupidly high.
All for this utterly shitty body that DYELs wouldn't trade for with him. What a fucking embarrasment.

People can insult his body all they want but the real problem is in his head. Blaha is quite literally a 12yo kid in the body of a 40yo. He makes blatant lies about his past about how he was a CIA hitman and killed like 100 people and when people expose him for lying by contacting his father who told them he's on disability money for a made up condition and has only ever worked in a warehouse he threatens to kill people and doubles down on his lies by making a bullshit video of his supposed "battle buddy" who turned out was his friend who was lying. The man is a pathological liar, lives on disability money and looks like dogshit after 10 years of lifting and frauding. If you follow his fitness advice you should strongly reconsider your actions

Yeah, I heard those stories. But you know, if he looked like prime Arnold, I would take his advice even if he was a grade A psycho, results speak for themselves.

And yet he isn't, he looks like a 20lbs of dogshit inside a 10lb bag after 10 fucking years of lifting. He quite literally roided for this and people still take his advice. Fucking baffling. Luckily his icecream fitness is quite literally SS + accessories so it's not that bad

>scares me shitless
get over it, I squat that way at home since my basement has low ceilings and I can't fit a proper rack in there, or change gyms

Stop acting like a coward and get under the bar. I only weigh 150 lbs. and I do 215 for 3x5

Check out youtube.com/watch?v=423Ew_DQC40. I don't think you can safely squat low bar alone without pins/rack. Don't let anyone tell you to just not care, you will eventually miss a rep and be stuck there.

lower the weight/progress only as fast as you feel comfortable. once you get used to squats you get to know your limits and what that feels like. also, learn to fail out of a squat properly so you dont die if you do fail. no shame in it.
other than that, just dont afraid of it

I thought the problem was that he doesn't actually take his own advice and eats like shit? I mean the ICF program itself is just basically a rip-off of every "3x week, full-body, heavy compounds + some accessories" noob program like SS, GSLP, SL, etc..

Do medium weight for sets of 10 or 12 instead of high weight.

I don't know or give a fuck what his program is. Why would I?

Zerchers my guy

Attached: zercherlife.jpg (488x486, 161K)

So you could avoid being anything like him I suppose?

been home gymming this way for about a year, but I certainly wouldn't attempt a max, same with benching. also there's vids on how to bail from a back squat.