Jow Forums told me that I'll look big once I get to 1/2/3/4

>Jow Forums told me that I'll look big once I get to 1/2/3/4
Meanwhile:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yllt9fvAB-A

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-08-27 06-21-57.png (595x513, 301K)

Lifting heavy weight a hypertrophy are different things.

it has already been established that 2/3/4/5 is the real test of strength

what is this?

> that guy behind you while dl
Lol what’s he doing

He didn’t do 1x5 deadlifts. Did he do 5x5 2pl8 bench? Doubtful as he has a spotter for 2pl8. You need volume for entropy to build muscles. I hit 1/2/3/4 and go for high reps, who cares about the weight after that.

I am really impressed by how dyel he looks
How to not look like this while lifting 1/2/3/4 ? People ar my gym look waaay better while lifting less

imagine training for strength over aesthetics, just look at this meme

>alternate grip
enjoy your torn bicep

i think you should work on your form a bit.

your squat looks quite unstable, maybe its just the angle, but it looks like the bar swings back and forth quite a bit.

Also in your bench, it looks like your arms almost go to 90 degrees, you push your arms out quite a bit, try keeping them a bit closer to your body.

Dead looks decent. Also try go for 1-2-3-4 without belt.

Attached: 1554329199482.png (400x273, 88K)

mind muscle connection babyyyy

>t. 2pl8 deadlift

Long-term grip isolation training is required to DOH a 4pl8 DL for reps

Isolations and hypertrophy

OP that's what you get when you train for strength why do you think gymrats do brosplits 24/7

>t. girlhands

>volume for entropy to build muscles
lmao

Attached: 1494970006076.png (156x169, 67K)

>why do you think gymrats do brosplits 24/7
Because they're retarded and don't know what they're doing and then assume they need to roid

2 plates OHP
3 plates bench
4 plates squat
5 plates deadlift

Imagine being outlifted by a guy who doesn't look like he lifts at all. Just look at the bodybuilding meme

OP here. I'm not the guy in the video. I think his form is to be expected from someone challenging themselves enough to get stronger. But I'm also weak as shit, so wtf do I know.

Yeah they’re tiny bro

Attached: FA7938B4-135E-4381-B4DA-8AB726DC5A93.jpg (4032x3024, 2.55M)

>Jow Forums told me that I'll look big once I get to 1/2/3/4
Bullshit. Everyone here tells you that those are babby's first lifts they achieved in a week of and a half of training.

>Lifting heavy weight a hypertrophy are different things.
>Larger muscles won't lift more weight
>Lifting more weight won't make muscles grow
Based retard user further shitting up the board!

true but do gymrats look DYEL?

Until they start roiding they do, yeah

Andre, is that you?

Attached: André_the_Giant_in_the_late_'80s.jpg (1600x2094, 350K)

>fatass
Lmao kys

Bigger hands than you
Bigger frame than you
Lift more than you
Make more money than you
Taller than you
Bigger dick

I can go on

Then post body, fatty

clean nails/10

I already posted my hands, post yours dyel

>hand is body
Confirmed fat as fatass

Grats on the 1/2/3/4 dude

Confirmed dyel twink

Controversial opinion: aesthetics take a certain amount of time to build, regardless off strength
The guy DLing 3pl8 after 2 years will look better than the guy DLing 4pl8 after 6 months, though the second guy will look way better than the first guy after his 2 or even less years of training

Post body

Thumb reminds me of the guy with the mad max dvd
The one who lived in the basement of someone

Well that dude is somewhat tall
t. manlet
Honestly aesthetics is all about fat% and its harder for lanklets to look big.
If op was leaner he'd look bigger but still strength mogging>fagsthetics mog. Only whores care more about how you look than your value compared to other people and you can find cheap whores anyware.
That's why 10/10 women fuck and marry ugly, fat, dyels as long as they're rich or famous.

Attached: IMG_20190819_164449.jpg (712x882, 68K)

post body

t. dyel
strength=/=size, every advanced lifter knows that
do your volume OP

Good work.
On deadlift, your hips is lifting/too high before the pull.

Generally speaking a stronger muscle will be a bigger one assuming it’s fed a diet to support that size. When demand is repeatedly placed on the muscles that causes them to overcompensate they will generally get bigger. There will be CNS changes as well of course but also hypertrophy but again you need to eat enough to grow. If you arnt taking in enough calories to put on mass you can’t possible expect to gain muscle.

Dude if you're a natty, you need to get strong

>strength=/=size,
>do your volume OP
>t. Been on Jow Forums for almost two months

What is it do you think powerlifters largely do in between competition? Hint: It's volume, you soupbrain. They even call them "volume blocks" or the like.

Now post body/lifts or shut the fuck up and go to the gym.

stronger over time, i.e. adding more volume, yes. But reaching a certain number on X lift won't make you big, and there's different ways to reaching it. You can get to a decent strength level with low volume work and look like a DYEL doing so. Of course it'll be harder to not implement volume days towards advanced/elite strength levels (unless you have really good leverages, in which case that point is postponed), but it IS definitely possible to get to advanced strength levels without filling out bc you only did low volume stuff. CNS also plays a big role

>lowbar

You don't lift

getting strong on low reps doesn't necessarily result in growth whereas getting strong for multiple sets of 10 or something like that definitely does result in growth (or at least is an indicator that growth has happened, whereas if your 1RM goes up that could be due to CNS, neural efficiency, technique improvement etc)

>almost two months
9 years. Just shut your shit up dyel manlet
see , the proficient powerlifters that do their volume blocks will fill out nice enough, but OP doesn't do so. Strength=/=size retarded manlet nigger

this is what happens when you do SS/SL instead of PPL or Upper/Lower

1/2/3/4 is what manlets need to get thicc and joocy to reach.
For guys your height, it's more like 1.5/2.5/4/5

Attached: kzdsp52nkc501.jpg (1548x1030, 241K)

nope, that's retarded. There's manlets that reach over proficient+ strength levels and look like shit because they have good leverages and did only do low rep strength training

based and redpilled
cringe and bluepilled
Any reputable strength coach (no, not rip) will approve of this btw. Proper volume programming is what matters most, not some arbitrary numbers. You can get big on poverty lifts while natty

You need big lifts and volume if you want to look good. Guy in op is prolly a victim of texas method

this. frog does lifting from /plg/ has unbelievably strong lifts but literally looks untrained.

Now this is based as fuck.
I'm already planning on reaching 1/2/3/4 raw but 2/3/4/5 sounds even more exciting

It's not about the amount of reps, it's about going to failure. That's the only finding about how you should train that science actually supports.
People don't like failing with 200kg on their back or hovering above their face, so strength training usually equals nogains.

Fak. I'm sad. This guy looks DYEL and outlifts more than me (more than one rep too). Maybe it's due to his height? I'm 6' but if I'll look like that I think I'll just go on roids when I can afford it.

I'm at 1/1.8/3/3.8 for one rep for reference.

Attached: 38y89n.jpg (590x462, 83K)

are you unironically suggesting that you have to go to failure to see size gains? if so you have misunderstood the "science" you read

a certain proximity to failure is necessary (0-4 reps in reserve) but it's far from the whole story bro

nice autistic decimal points there bro

why the fuck are you bothering with ORM? waste of a workout

Okay muscle ‘tone’. Basically hit 1/2/3/4 and go for reps from then on. Or if you can do 6 reps it’s too heavy do something else.

Attached: 456EAD92-C7AC-4E36-98ED-3BB9C21894E5.jpg (808x455, 66K)

>9 years

Then surely you'd have some slick body pics (no homo). You aren't a LARPing scrub, are you?

>the proficient powerlifters that do their volume blocks will fill out nice enough, but OP doesn't do so.

There is no evidence that OP doesn't do any volume, and also no evidence that he has been lifting for more than 8 months. He is new. Trying to use him as an example of how strong=/=size is flawed because he isn't strong either.

>Strength=/=size retarded manlet nigger

Then why do powerlifters do volume/hypertrophy stuff? It's to get stronger. Because what makes you stronger also makes you bigger, you absolute, unlifting spud.

le decimal points le autistic le bro
fuck off

In my experience and based on what training books say it's probably volume - high volume sets and going to failure pretty much goes hand in hand. Pushing to the max at low reps is barely possible without visiting snap city (been there done that).
yeah he looks like shit and is dyel, literally dwarfed by 12 month brosplitters at my gym. Some PL-ers get caught up in too much specialization, unironically the approach that AlphaDestiny has is better for hypertrophy. Gotta do some bro workouts here and then

I think a big part in avoiding the SS-victim no gains physique is implementing high-volume days on a regular basis (not just PL-tier high volume, but real brolifter shit)

>Because what makes you stronger also makes you bigger, you absolute, unlifting spud.
L O L
O
L

By using facts and reason, I have reduced you to coping with textspeak. I accept your mental surrender, and give you leave to return to the gym, that you may actually make yourself look less like fettuccine draped over a coat hanger

That was my first post in this thread you absolute autist, you didn't reduce shit
I repeat:
L O L
O
L

I am telling you that in a study, the group that went to failure had significantly higher muscle mass gains.
And nobody knows the whole story, we still know too little about human body to say authoritatively how exactly muscles grow and what's the very best way to facilitate it.

And it doesn't help that everyone who achieved great success in building muscle mass did in on gear.

far and away the best approach towards hypertrophy training is that of renaissance periodization - give it 10 years and they'll be coaching the majority of the world's bodybuilders, you heard it here first

>there is no evidence that OP has been lifting for more than 8 months
>vid from 2015

>there is no evidence that OP doesn't do any volume
It's the quickest assumption that can be made. He likely did either SS or SL as internet memes dictate. Both routines are not optimal when it comes to hypertrophy. Good to get newbies accustomed to the lifts though, not gonna deny that, but don't expect to get big doing that and don't be surprised when people on a bodybuilding program lift less and are bigger

>Because what makes you stronger also makes you bigger
>what is peaking
>what are CNS gains
dense fuck

all this and still no gf

Attached: dgo.jpg (1000x943, 168K)

higher muscle mass gains than who? how was it measured and how long was the study?

redpill me on that stuff
I've turned away from bodybuilding and focused more on Powerlifting in the past year or so, and I feel like my show-off muscles are becoming smaller despite me being significantly stronger. Probably gonna need to implement some pure TuT shit again lamo

>Because what makes you stronger also makes you bigger, you absolute, unlifting spud
this is not true. this is a meme

I calculate my ORM based on my reps. Usually I do about 6 reps and the ORM is calculated from that.

First of all, how do we know he still doesn't look better than you? Post body OP.
Secondly, his bench and especially his squat looked a bit shaky to me. He still has room for improvement. His dead and OHP looked pretty good.

Everything published in a study is fact

someone post it

Bench form was garbage, squat was lowbar allowing to move more weight easier, ohp was perfect and showed how big the upper body was.

Fixing the bench arm flare and transitioning to highbar or more squat weight would do loads. I'd also suspect this guy isn't eating enough and is about 6, 6 which means they might need to hit heavier weight thresholds.

Who the fuck goes to the gym and does 1r?

>That was my first post in this thread you absolute autist, you didn't reduce shit
>MY NATURAL STATE IS THAT OF A TEXTSPEAKING PEBBLEHEAD WITH NO ARGUMENT

Not the cope I was expecting. Please stop posting, stop embarrassing yourself, and just go to the gym.

Attached: Laughing Girls 3.gif (355x201, 2.78M)

most normal lifters do. 1RM is more accurate than e.g. 5RM because that can vary more with training styles

That's what it is, the more volume you can handle the more tears and lactic acid you get in your muscles. As long as you maintain at least 40% of your max per rep it'll work.

>anime (the bad kind)
yeah, opinion discarded. Typical internet neckbeard lifter

Why would I argue with a literal autist bloatlord who doesn't know shit about aesthetics? It's a waste of time. I'd much rather use textspeak to mock you, it's much more efficient.

agreeing with this
volume is king

because they don't know what they're doing and assume when they started looking aesthetic had to magically correlate to them switching to brosplits.
If you spend a year + doing heavy compounds and still look dyel, then switch to brosplits but remain consistent, and start looking better in year 3 of lifting, you already did most of the work for your foundation and would've come to a similar result with the compounds.

read the articles called The Hypertrophy Central Hub and Training Volume Landmarks for Muscle Growth (google them, jap m00t thinks i'm spamming when I tried linking), and if you want a repeat prescription of red pills check out the The RP Diet 2.0 (the best book for physique folk without a shadow of a doubt) and check out the Revive Stronger podcast on YT and check for the episodes with Mike Israetel. Also check out Lyle McDonald's podcasts. you can find most of the literature mentioned in those two link online for free.

Wanna see how freakin' thick, solid and tight you can get.

>vid from 2015
So we have no idea what he looks like now. Actually, we can probably guess he's just posting this video to stir shit, isn't even the guy in the video, and has never actually touched a barbell in his lift, like most of Jow Forums. Still not a useful example to draw conclusions from, because, regardless of all else, he isn't actually strong.

>He likely did either SS or SL as internet memes dictate. Both routines are not optimal when it comes to hypertrophy. Good to get newbies accustomed to the lifts though, not gonna deny that, but don't expect to get big doing that and don't be surprised when people on a bodybuilding program lift less and are bigger

No n00b is going to get big on a fucking "bodybuilding routine" unless that includes a bodybuilding injection routine, because they do not have the work capacity in any form to actually be able to push volume. That is what about 2-4 months on a novice LP is for.

>Because what makes you stronger also makes you bigger
>what is peaking
>what are CNS gains
Dumbfuck, if you "peak," as a result squat 500 lbs, proceed to build no additional muscle mass, and then "peak" again, you'll just squat 500 lbs again. That's why powerlifters run volume periods, to grow muscles, because that makes them stronger. You absolute lemon.

And "CNS gains" are going to be maximized pretty fucking quickly, between a novice LP and early intermediate training. Even theoretically, you can only reach 100% neuromuscular efficiency. Once you've hit your effective "cap," which you will do relatively quickly, the only thing to do is make more muscle available.

This is why powerlifters run volume, to build muscle. This is because that makes you stronger, because strength=size and vice versa.

thanks m8, really appreciate it
I'm a bit in the rut of strength training this year, wanna focus on aesthetics again towards end of the year, going for 8% wish me luck boyo

Long term isolation aka doing a few sets of static holds at the end of workouts. Nbd

Imagine training like a bodybuilder who bullshit routines then inject oil if their arms are not big enough.

>alphadestiny's 48 set arm workout
>gains 0 (zero) size in his arms after months
Pump chasers are so stupid and they have to lift for half a decade before they even see results.

You only think powerlifters aren't "big" because they tend to carry a higher percentage of bodyfat because that, to a point, improves their ability to lift really heavy weights. And because you seem to think unlifting Jow Forumsizens are "powerlifters" when they're really just weaklings. AND because you think big arms make you "big," and powerlifters generally don't do as much silly "arm work" as preening dweebs.

And you only think bodybuilders aren't "strong" because they got most of their gains as a result of sterons, and have next to zero technical proficiency in any of the powerlifts. Which results in terribly inefficient force transfer into the bar in every respect.

>More cope and projection

You nards won't ever go to the gym, will you?

>No n00b is going to get big on a fucking "bodybuilding routine"
countless casual lifters disprove that

>That's why powerlifters run volume periods
SS victims don't run volume periods and hence remain small while they can still push for higher numbers (that is, for a limited amount of time)

>And "CNS gains" are going to be maximized pretty fucking quickly, between a novice LP and early intermediate training. Even theoretically, you can only reach 100% neuromuscular efficiency. Once you've hit your effective "cap," which you will do relatively quickly, the only thing to do is make more muscle available.
that's what I've been implying the whole fucking thread you retard nigger
strength=size can be applied to top end powerlifters, but to 90% of lifters you'll see outside there will be fuck all correlation you stupid glow in the dark faggot. SS victims =/= veteran lifters

Training for size is like y=x+50 and training for strength is like y=1.5x
Y is size and X is time
Strength will eventually catch up and surpass the weak brosplitter

Strength does not equal size. The sooner this becomes widely accepted, the sooner you'll realize you are literally wasting your time, the sooner you can start actually focusing on building muscle, not lifting 5pl8, 6pl8, 7pl8, 8pl8, etc. No one gives a fuck. You are hampering your own progress for the sake of wanting to show off to a bunch of random old people in your gym. It's retarded.

Compound lifts are for insecure, penile-challenged faggots. Trash like Starting Strength or powerlifting programs should be mocked to fuck on here. I wasted a year getting beyond intermediate strength all for nothing, it was only after that I started a traditional bodybuilder-style program did I start to see any muscular gains even with the same diet, same sleeping schedule, same everything. Compound lifts are a fucking joke, if you want to either be a skinny twink or fat fucker, do your compounds; but if you want to actually look like you go to the gym, start doing a hypertrophy routine.

Fuck compounds and fuck the baby-dicked, ego-lifting retards who promote them.

i've been there too bro - not paying attention to diet, getting too obsessed with numbers on the bar for 3-4 specific lifts ... these days i'm much more about getting big and aesthetic. good luck

>SS victims don't run volume periods
What kind of argument is this? No shit they don't run volume periods you dumb nigger, it's a novice program for untrained people. Once they get strong you transition into programs more suited to your progression, you're not supposed to run SS for more than 4-6 months, and thats if you respond well to it.

that's exactly how most noobs get started, often successfully. it's far from optimal but it's not completely useless. the only real problems are usually junk volume and frequency that's too low but you can make those mistakes and still make gains

People like you are the ones to mock. Imagine devoting so much time and effort to pure vanity. Absolutely disgusting and degenerate. Training your body is based; spending your efforts on enlarging it so you can coom in whores is pathetic.

Attached: 1563224759761.png (480x481, 230K)