Is walking with a heavy bag on my back to become stronger a good or a bad idea ?

Is walking with a heavy bag on my back to become stronger a good or a bad idea ?

Attached: image.jpg (474x376, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WkRyOOQCVbo
youtube.com/watch?v=snuxyjy1jhg
youtube.com/watch?v=zpEUJ7BIMpM
youtube.com/watch?v=eSs9VbeGxIY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

if you have to ask, then you're currently weak, so all it really does is fuck up your already-weak joints

Yeah.

That was common before standard weights and it builds useful strength to the real world.

Bad. Ask any ex military.a

You dont need to tab or ruck so dont.

You'll become uneven and fuck your posture up.

Bad weight distribution can cause posture problems which cannot be corrected afterwards. This is why practicing proper form and full range of motion is always advised before practicing with weights.

To build a house, you first need a strong foundation. If the foundation is weak or tilted, no matter what you add, it will not last.

Is their a way to stop it from hurting joints ? After doing it for 2 days I am feeling light and my back doesn't hurt me anymore
Thank you user , do you have any other exercises like this I can do ?

So what should I do ? Do I stop doing it ?

The funny thing is that I was doing this to prepare for military

You can get some gnarly stress fractures as well. If you're weak, don't do it.

Fucking this. During my conscription I fucked my back being a auswitch tier skeleton. Specially walking with 50kg on my back for tens on miles with shit posture

i walked like 2 miles from highschool every day for 4 years with a heavy backpack... pretty sure i wrecked my spine because of it

knees ain't no thing but a chickenwing

If you have no muscles, then it is advised to start building muscle by doing calisthenics. Find out if you can support your weight with your muscles. Try the following videos to test your limits. See how far you can go.
youtube.com/watch?v=WkRyOOQCVbo
youtube.com/watch?v=snuxyjy1jhg
youtube.com/watch?v=zpEUJ7BIMpM
youtube.com/watch?v=eSs9VbeGxIY
Research into proper forms for any exercise you find.

Once you get accustomed to your own body weight, you can either start lifting or you can try wearing weighted vests. Wrist and ankle weights are useless, because they only add weight to a certain point, thus causing more harm than good.

If you are limited with your backpack then make sure the weight is distributed evenly inside it. Also the straps have to be tight, so the backpack is fixed to your back above your butt. You should be able to run without your backpack bouncing a lot. Do not do what most teenagers do, when they let the straps loose, and leave their backpacks around the area of the buttocks. This increases comfort, but decreases stability and will strain the body more.

Thank you user , will do

Well then you better learn to ruck buddy.

That won't be a problem

You're better off going to the gym and doing traditional back exercises. A backpack is likely to fuck up your posture, hurt your spine, and put undue stress on your joints. I got a friend who's an inch shorter from running around with a pack in the marines

I see , I don't have access to the gym sadly ,but I'm willing to do what suggested

What I started doing was just 10 reps for each type of exercise. If you are weak, then your muscles will give up after a while. So when that happens just wait a 1, 2 or 10 minutes and try again. Don't have to do all of them, just see which ones are plausible for you. Your muscles will adjust if you exercise every day. So make your own program. These are just examples, there are plenty of more exercises out there.

Thank you man , you are too kind , when did you start to see an effect ?

When I was beginning I had no plan so the first day I did those exercises, I just did them until my muscles gave up without counting. Because I haven't exercised for a long time (more than 10 years), I couldn't do much.

The next day, I was actually weak so I couldn't do much, maybe 3 reps per exercise. My muscles would just start shaking and give up in the middle. So when that happens I would just wait a while and start again. So with each day, you will get used to it, to the point that it becomes easy to do each one 10 times. Then you start researching other exercises and stuff and see what else you can do. But at one point you will reach the optimum with your bodyweight so you will contemplate on either to maintain what you have, or simply go lifting/backpacking. Or if you wish, you may get a job that focuses on manual labor.

I see , thank you user

Np. Do not be discouraged if your muscles start giving up right away. It is the same for everyone. I had period when I would exercise a lot, then give up for few years, and then start over. I remember in elementary school during PE I made the teacher angry and he punished me by making me squat 100 times. I couldn't squat properly so I did half squats. But still when I finished, I couldn't walk up the stairs for a day or two.

That's tough , but I am a dedicated man I will make sure to do it everyday

Eh, we used to slack PE as children, so that punishment was actually a reward. Help me realize I had limits. But I also kind of liked the feeling of muscle fatigue. When your mind can go on, but your muscles just stop.

You can experiment with different stuff. Don't have to do all at once. I used to read a chapter from a book, then do some exercises, then read another chapter, then do other exercises. I used the exercise as a "reward" because reading was boring for me. So options are there, you just have to find the style that suits you.

You can do it. I believe in you.