QTDDTOT - FIVE SCOOPS EDITION

Should I swim on my push and pull days or will it interfere with recovery?

Attached: 1566690178769.gif (315x293, 2.48M)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/bXqbAUt
youtube.com/watch?v=D6xk1RmjdsQ
mountaindogdiet.com/basic/basic-training/a-reality-check-for-young-gunners-after-size/
elitefts.com/education/how-to-understand-prevent-and-correct-shoulder-instability/
elitefts.com/education/rehab-recovery/a-brief-overview-of-shoulder-subluxations/
youtu.be/yV-jQmVUEWk
youtu.be/IXDfVk6gKBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=N7lDQ1LQ7jQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Has anyone else here done the eca stack?
I’m on day three

Attached: 7051EB82-443E-45FB-BCD3-AD56EDD5C9C3.png (924x856, 321K)

Anyone have advice on lifting with an anterior shoulder dislocation? I can't safely do back squats or presses without risking a dislocation. I've been thinking mostly rows and pulldowns to strengthen my rotator cuffs.

It'll take you to the edge bro. Not recommended for those with preexisting mental conditions, and you DO post on Jow Forums, so...

Lads as of recently my scapula on the left side of my back has started to feel tired and in pain, this usually happens after squatting.

Now I've had someone check my squat posture and it was alright, i've also had someone check if the bar was parallel on the spine of my scapula, so that it is not crooked, this was also fine and parallel. The only thing I can mention is i feel as if theres more muscle atop the spine of my scapula on the left side of my body as opposed to the right side.

What I think is happening is that the muscle atop the left scapula is pressing down on my scapula with the help of the barbell and thus causing the pain. The muscle in question would be the supraspinatus.

My right side feels perfectly fine and my left side feels tired and in pain and sometimes it causes me to tilt in my squats too. I feel pressure on a muscle on my left scapula but was told that the barbell is parallel so either they misidentified a parallel barbell or the supraspinatus slips under the barbell constantly and I don't know how to prevent it.

Thats all I can say about it, do you guys have any tips for me?

Recommend me quality flat shoes that aren't converse. These fucking things fall apart so easily.

From last thread:
Any other thoughts?

Attached: 9F16DAFB-144D-4C83-888A-879A38D3D3D5.jpg (1200x1174, 201K)

discord.gg/bXqbAUt

How do I try and account for weird forms of cardio throughout my week?
I’m trying to cut fairly hard, but not exceed an ~800 calorie deficit so as to maintain as much muscle mass as possible. Normally my TDEE is about 2300, as I do pretty much no cardio and only lift thrice a week. However uni has just started back up which is gonna require me to ride my longboard to and from school, it’s 2 miles each way and I take two trips to and from school every weekday so that’s 8 total miles a day, 5 days a week. After each 2 mile trip I am absolutely fucking soaked in sweat and fairly exhausted, so I figure I’m burning a decent amount of extra calories.
Should I preemptively bump up my daily calorie intake by like 500 calories and see if I continue to lose weight, or stay my course at 1500 a day and eat a little more each day if I start feeling like shit?

Attached: B02DF70A-1482-4346-A3C4-DB52A80A7239.jpg (592x574, 71K)

What's the purpose of doing isolation exercises if you can just keep doing progressive overload compound movements?

Attached: 1566697566064.webm (744x404, 1.95M)

how bad it is for bench and deadlift if i can't lock out one arm? i can straighten it but lost some range of motion past straight

what's a good martial art to do alongside swimming?

Is two scoop of whey after workout better than one scoop? Or is there no difference?

Should I add the weight of the barbell when telling people how much I can bench/squat/etc? Do most people?

yes otherwise 135 lbs would be something like two 45 pl8s, two 15 pl8s, two 5 pl8s, and two 2.5 pl8s every single time it's referenced

dumbbell side lateral raises gives me acute shoulder pains. what can I do as an alternativw?

Attached: 1469755236912.jpg (564x423, 53K)

My forearms won't grow and are holding back nearly all my lifts at this point, even curls. I do farmer's walks but the gains aren't noticeable. What do, Jow Forums, I've got toddler forearms and any weight I put on just goes to my face and stomach.

Attached: 53BA44D69F0B432A916BC0603B6A4A0B.jpg (381x385, 52K)

You need at least two scoops

Lat raises, but correctly

Variety, they are fun, and isolation exercises are going to help you target specific muscles that may be lacking.
Of course, as a beginner your main focus should be mastering good form on the main compound lifts.

Use proper form, lighten the weight, and warm-up better.
Increase the volume or add additional forearm exercises.
Unfortunately you are just going to have to let it heal. Avoid risky exercises and try some lightweight shoulder exercises. Resistance bands are helpful.
If you are sure you're form is good, it may be that you just need to take some time away from what exercises may be causing you pain. Give it a week and practice the RICE method in the mean time.
Quality? Nearly any "classic" style sneaker has a flat sole. Just pick a brand.
Ride a bike instead. You may find it less taxing. Stay where you are with your calories.
It could be pretty bad if you develop muscle imbalances which can lead to injury.
One that doesn't physically interfere with your swimming goals.
Eat more REAL FOOD. Don't rely so much on whey as your primary source of protein.

Attached: i2jgBg3[1].jpg (480x270, 20K)

cant afford a bike, and im fine with how taxing the longboarding is

Just half of it, or 22.5lbs, plus the weight on one side. Humans have bilateral symmetry, so just say what you lift with one side to avoid redundancy. No need to double it, everyone knows your body will double it anyway

Had that and that's exactly what I did lots of pullups, rows and facepulls. Also I warm up religiously to the point that I do rotator warmups in-between pressing sets. Just know that it won't truly heal without medical intervention.
Cable raise with slow concentric
because eventually you're progress will stall and isolation exercises will help you break through
bad nigga imbalance leads to injuries

>just finished badass homegym workout
>pump is rocking
>running shoes on for post lift cardio
>**THUNDER CRASHES**
>spontaneous heavy tstorm will be in area for 1 hour

How do you use your gains to make the fucking weather die?

Attached: 102511-POD-Olenberger_628_490_s_c1.jpg (628x490, 229K)

>If you are sure you're form is good, it may be that you just need to take some time away from what exercises may be causing you pain. Give it a week and practice the RICE method in the mean time.
Thanks for the RICE thing, I usually do that but not for as long as is suggested by the method.

My issue still stands though, I suspect my supraspinatus is in the way. While the barbell is parallel from the right spine of the scapula to the left, the supraspinatus on the left is still compressed in my squats.

Its kind of difficult to ask this in a proper way but how do I move my supraspinatus out of the way? I truly don't understand why when i'm placing the barbell on my shoulder my left supraspinatus flexes and my right doesnt. Its not something I can undo to my knowledge either when i'm squeezing my shoulder blades together.

I wish you can I was stranded at the gym for 2 hours last night due to heavy rain.

go out anyway, pussy.
if anything, rain hypes me up and makes me run harder

Ok, then if you are unable to recovery fully between workouts, you should consider decreasing you total volume at the gym.

I also hate my wife... that bitch

If it was only rain, I'd be out in it right now. But it's a fucking HEAVY THUNDERSTORM and lightning is striking every single second and lighting kills gains.

Is there any benefit to harm in doing OHP while sitting down? Uni gym is packed and sitting OHP is the only thing that's free

What evidence do you have that it’s your forearms holding you back lmao

If you've gotta do OHP sitting then use dumbbells and do Arnolds.

Not an option I'm on a specific OHP rack. Almost everything else in the gym has been taken. Don't feel like bringing dumbbells to the rack

HOW THE FUCK IS LU XIAOJUN 74KG WHILE ILYA ILYIN IS 104KG??

they're only 2cm different in height - 172 vs 174

Seated OHP are shit tier. Find a time you can hit the gym that it won't be packed.

Yeah I'd prefer standing but when it ultimately comes down to it I'm not gonna come here at 8AM just so I can stand while OHPing

Because they look like THIS.

Attached: 20190826_185738.jpg (2560x1440, 815K)

>Only wants to go to the gym when it's most convenient
Not gonna make it

Attached: jesse.png (314x341, 139K)

What's the difference between situps and crunches? Which is better? I don't get crunches at all.

>my left supraspinatus flexes and my right doesnt
It may be flexibility issue if you have one shoulder that is less flexible than the other. Give front squats a try instead and do some stretches to open up you chest. Pic related.

Attached: corner-chest-stretch-1448392501[1].jpg (480x538, 20K)

Just do sitting OHP. Not a big deal. The only difference is that you won't be engaging you core and you will have more stability while sitting.

>bodyweight core exercises
do weighted crunches if you must. or just work your core with compound movements.

Situps have more range of motion while crunches have less. Try planks and leg raises instead, m8.

What compound movements do this?

Squat, deadlift, overhead press, power clean etc...

Shoulder guy, i've been thinking about surgery but im sure it wont be anywhere near 100% after

>squat, overhead press
Really? I don't feel like i'm getting much core work done with my during squats and overhead press. At least it feels weird to trying to squeeze them while doing it. Hell I don't feel much glute use during my squats either.
Leg raises sound good.

Lemme know how retarded this program is, thanks

Day 1 Upper
Bench 4x3-6
Bent over rows 4x3-6
OHP 4x5-8
Neutral grip pullup 4x5-6
Dips 4x8-12
Barbell Bicep Curl 4x8-12

Day 2 Lower
Back squat 4x3-6
SLDL warm up and 1x5
Hack squat 4x5-8
Barbell Side Split Squat 4x5-8
Barbell Calf Raise 4x5-8

Day 3 Rest

Day 4 Upper
OHP 4x5
Landmine Press 3x8-12
One Arm Dumbbell Row 3x8-12
Chin Ups 3x4-6
Banded Chest Fly 3x10-15
Lateral Dumbbell Raise 3x10-15
Barbell Supinating Curl 4x10-15

Day 5 Lower
Front squat 4x8-12
DL warm up and 1x5
Shrugs 4x8-12
Calf Rais 4x8-12

All I have is a barbell, so lemme know what I can do that is better.

Is it a flexibility issue? I wouldn't have guessed as I can push my arms back equally as far on both sides and quite far too. But I did used to do arm stretches which I deemed as a time waste at some point. I'll get to that again then.

But yea i'd like to avoid front squats as much as possible, I'd really prefer doing back squats. Thanks user.

As a beginner, it's difficult to obtain that "mind muscle connection" which will allow you to "feel" your muscles firing. It will come in time the more you exercise.
To engage your core during a set of squats or OHP, breath deep into your belly and let that air trapped in your belly press into your abdominal wall. As you lower the weight, retain that abdominal pressure, then exhale when you push the weight back up. Planks performed while keeping your abs flexed can help a lot in feeling your core engage too.
If you want to feel your glutes as you squat, try spreading the floor outwards with your feet or imagine you have a penny between your ass cheeks and you're trying to fold it in half.

It could also be you have poor mind muscle connection with your back.
This vid might help
youtube.com/watch?v=D6xk1RmjdsQ

Gonna watch it right now, thanks user.

Can you replace back squats with front squats for candito's 6 week program?

Does getting in shape make you hornier?
Since I started getting fit I've been horny as fuck, but today has been unbearable. No matter how much I wank, I keep getting raging boners. Today I've been hard the whole day it's ridiculous. Plus it's huge, like my normal boners are 6 inches, but I'm reaching 6.9 right now. Feels like my dick is gonna explode. Did I fuck something up? Is this the effect of eating onions and garlic every day?

>Does getting in shape make you hornier?
Yes

If you are just starting out consider a program that doesn't go so heavy (ie 3-6 reps/set) until you have mastered proper form. I realize this may be contrary to what you have been told.
Read this:
mountaindogdiet.com/basic/basic-training/a-reality-check-for-young-gunners-after-size/

This was meant for

What would Candito say?

100% yes. When I was 20 I was in the best shape of my life, and so was my gf at the time. She ran 10 miles at 4 am every day before class and I was doing HIIT, literally in the gym 6 days a week, even if I just rowed or swam.

We were insatiable, regularly fucking for into the small hours of the morning. Every time we tried to do something we would get horny and either go home to fuck or fuck somewhere in pubic. We couldn't even argue without getting horny.

Attached: goose.png (456x337, 189K)

Trust me, I'm there with you. She broke my heart and left for college two years into our relationship. Lost my progress because depression is the greatest gains goblin of all.

Now I'm single and lonely and out of shape.

Attached: 1565804543091.png (500x671, 484K)

What are the squiggly barbells used for, do they provide any extra benefits or disadvantages to using a straight bar

t. retard

What does it mean to cut?

EZ bar. Good for curls and not much else.

I've been doing hook grip for my deadlifts for about two months now and it's only slightly more tolerable than it was in the beginning. I feel like I would be better off switching to mixed grip. Should I stick with hook grip and just hope it gets more comfortable or switch to mixed grip?

Eat at a caloric deficit and lose fat as a result.

You got to chalk up for hookgrip. Good barbells also make a big difference. Honestly I would use straps instead of mixed grip due to the risk of a bicep tear and generating muscle imbalances.

Depends what exercises you're doing. They let you play around with different wrist positions for comfort/safety

Same injury as yours user. Only a few dislocations and always from blunt force rather than random slips. The first few weeks after the injury were rough when attempting certain lifts. Back squats was one of them. Lots of stretching and pt support will be the best option. Eventually got full range of motion back and am able to do most lifts aside from any vertical pressing. It'll take at least 3 months until you can comfortably lift again and even then, be very fucking careful.

Tldr: i dont want surgery either cause I'll be out for half a year.

Goslinposters are next in line once coomposting is irradicated.

Attached: source[1].gif (245x245, 818K)

Thanks for the tip. My form is not perfect but I've been lifting for 1.5 years and 5x5 has stalled and so has 3x5. Hit 1 plate OHP and almost all other standards of 1/2/3/4. Looking for something a little different

Maybe these will help:
elitefts.com/education/how-to-understand-prevent-and-correct-shoulder-instability/
elitefts.com/education/rehab-recovery/a-brief-overview-of-shoulder-subluxations/

Load management is probably going to be the most important part. Start very light on every excercise and back off if things start to hurt.

Has anyone brought Barbell Medicine's routines?

I don't think anyone can give you a straight answer, as there are numerous factor that can go into your lack of progress. I'd say just keep training for the time being. Back off the weights if you keep failing reps, it might be that you just started too heavy for you.

I very much doubt it has anything to do with your supraspinatus being in the way, those muscles are tiny. It might be a flexibility issue like someone else said, you can try this stretch: youtu.be/yV-jQmVUEWk

Otherwise just switch to high bar if low bar is giving you issues. If your goal isn't to be a powerlifter there's no reason to force yourself into a low bar position if it's giving you issues, despite what the SS guys might say.

ARGGHH

The abs are used in those excercises but do not the train the "six pack" muscles to any noteable degree. Here are some ideas: youtu.be/IXDfVk6gKBQ
I like to do leg raises between bench sets, as I'm not spending any more time in the gym doing them. Standing cable crunches are also good as you can throw them into a superset/giantset with cable tricep extensions or facepulls.

If you care more about your front squat than back squat then go ahead. Candito is a powerlifter so he obviously wants to train the back squat, but if that's not your goal then you can do as you please.

I'm pretty sure I have jerked off more times since getting Jow Forums than I have in the entire rest of my life. Every female I see who isn't a whale I just want to pound into the ground with my dick.

Attached: 1561348552613.png (1000x666, 259K)

Newfag here, I'm not sure if I'm exercising right. After I complete all my sets for a day, I redo them from the beginning, and either raise the weight or lower it depending on whether I completed the sets. I usually do this two or three times. Am I doing this right?

Thanks for the suggestions!

It works

>The abs are used in those excercises but do not the train the "six pack" muscles to any noteable degree.
What muscles are six pack muscles? Rectus abdominus? What do squats and OHP's hit?

Transverse abdominis. Jeff Nippard has a video about this: youtube.com/watch?v=N7lDQ1LQ7jQ

Yep, I've tried their legacy 3-day hypertrophy, 4-day hypertrophy, time crunch and 12-week strength templates. I liked them all, but I think the 4-day hypertrophy was my favorite of the bunch. I haven't tried their new templates yet, but I hear that the 4-day hypertophy template is most similar ti their new powerbuilding II template.

How many inches can I add to my height and not be called out for it? Left is supposedly 6'8 and right, 6'5.

t. Manlet

Attached: 20190827_102057.jpg (708x708, 250K)

What do the templates look like? Are you squatting and benching 4 days a week?

For the 4 day routine of course

What apps do you use for timing your workouts?

Attached: 81kVw3CZxzL._SL1500_.jpg (1050x1500, 97K)

does creatine even do something for you if know you won't use it anymore when youre cutting? will you loose all your gains you made from it or will something stay?

It's full body so you're doing lower body and upper body every training day. The competition lifts are 1x per week, and the rest is variations. Total frequency is 2-3x for squat, 2x deadlift, 3-4 for bench and 1-3 for press and 1-2 for back depending on what excercises you select as there are some options. The comp lifts are all on the first 2 days and then the last 2 days are only variations.
There's also 2 optional GPP days which include cardio, arm, ab and upper back work. You can choose to do this on separate days or try to do them after the training session. Personally I do one separate GPP day and then spread the rest of the work over the other training days.

What about volume and progression?

You're doing 4 sets (6@6, 6@7, 6@7, 6@8, 6@8) on comp movements in week 1 ramping up to 7 sets in week 4 (6@6, 6@7, 6@7, 6@7, 6@8, 6@8, 6@8. Variations go from 4-5 sets (8@6, 8@7, 8@8, 8@8, then adding another @8 set). The third movement of the day uses myoreps for the first 4 weeks and the sets across @ 8 from week 5 with either 8 or 11 reps.
From week 5 the volume drops a bit for comp movements to 3x6@8 and heavy singles are added (1@8).

The program uses RPE so progression is based on what you're capable of. You can aim to add weight every week and then adjust as needed. For 4 week especially adding weight might be tough so you might find yourself using your planned @7 weight for the @8 sets as well because of the built up fatigue from the earlier sets. My explanation is probably a bit messy but it's easier to understand in the Excel sheet.

Everything is 6 reps?

How do I eat very low carb, high fat without getting liquid shits?
I wanna enjoy the benefits of eating anabolic-as-fuck foods all day but the diarrhoea is already not fun.
should i just throw a carrot into my daily diet?

Comp lifts are 6 reps, variations are 8 reps.
Third movements use myoreps for the first 4 weeks, which is an activation set of 14-16 reps @8 then 20 seconds rest or 5 deep breaths and perform 3-5 reps and repeat until you have done 5 sets OR you got less reps than in your first post-activation set. After week 5 it's either 8 or 11 reps for third movements.

hammie tendonitis behind the knee, what can I do in addition to RICE and stretching? I was thinking about adding sldl and maybe good mornings to my routine but other than that I am not sure, box squats didn't seem to aggravate the burning sensation as long as I kept them light, hamstring curls don't seem quite adequate