Carnivore diet

Greetings fellow scholars of fitness. I am in the need of your wisdom.

I have been considering Carnivore diet for a while now.

The reasons I have not done so yet is:
>be husband and father
>wife makes food
>insufficient knowledge of Carnivore diet
>have no clue what to eat for breakfast and dinner

I have watched some clips on youtube and browsed on the intertubes but I have not fund sufficient informative material to start it.

So far my only plan is eating a 500gram of meat each day, half at work and half at home. This being salmon, chicken, pig and cow meat. But I fear I may become bored rather fast.

I weigh 85 kg and am 175cm tall. and want to weigh 70 kg.

Are you good people able to assist me and share with me your experiences and advice?
tl;dr chubby man wants to eat meat to lose some stones

Attached: 1506091080172.gif (627x502, 940K)

bump

Just started on carnivore myself.

Beef tastes great with a nice sear. Sugar free bacon is good too.

Just eat meat and eggs freely
500g probably won't be enough to satiate yourself, more like 1kg or more

The hardest part by far is not conceding to slips when eating socially (night outs, diners etc)

Must say tho if you want to lean out quickly better combo carnivore diet with fasts (fasts will do most of the work, but carnivore will keep your appetite at bay)

That isn't enough food. Most people suggest eating to satiety when beginning the carnivore diet. As for boredom, it isn't as bad as you would think. I will eat some yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese and milk to break things up, but I consider them treats more than anything. I also eat eggs regularly.As for eating out, your can have cheeseburgers without bread and other meats. I usually just eat at home, then pick at food if I go out, but I am not a big fan of eating out anyway.

Will try that

I have tried fasting years ago. My record was 70 hours straight. Lost 1. kg.
But I will keep the amount in mind. I have not done the maths yet, but is it an expensive diet?

Do you have any comments on consuming alcoholic beverages?

So are you guys thinking of one huge meal or stretching it out through out the day?

its not expensive if you dont buy expensive cuts

t. guy that eats 1.5kg of straight meat everyday

cheap and efficient are pork bellies (if you want to load on fat) pork shoulder (medium protein mediume fat) or beef mince (lower fat high protein)

i do love me some steaks and ribeyes but those are more expensive.

i basically try to eat OMAD with meat only but i dont shy away from dairy like greek yoghurt skyr or milk

i also have sweet tooth but i only eat the sweets just before training at gym for additional carb kick

also salt the fuck out kf your meals and drink plenty of water

Do keto first, once you're in keto and your body is somewhat more adapted to utilising fat as fuel, you can make an easier switch to carnivore.

Once you're doing that, your grehlin levels should stay low and you can avoid significant insulin spikes, keeping you from hunger and enabling you to stay well below your TDEE.

You'll also have an easier time doing intermittent fasting. The last time I tried carnivore, I ended up fasting and not eating every other day just because I wasn't hungry. It was honestly great and much easier than eating clean and counting calories.

Avoid alcohol as much as possible is my best advice. Every time I went to a social event and ended up drinking I ended up breaking my diet. Even when sticking to pure spirits or spirit and soda water, eventually I'd end up having a beer and then eating something I shouldn't have.

Carnivore is expensive, but you eat only meat and less overall so it works out. Figure out what's cheap in your area, cooking bacon and pork is cheap in the UK. Egg's are cheap everywhere. I'd recommend pickling some with no sugar.

pt 2 i live in netherlands and pork shoulder with bone is 6e per kilo, has like 20g protons per 100 and some fat (ehich isnt bad if you want to gain weight especially on omad like i do)

If you are giga lazy then pre made burger patties, dump that in airfryer
i can eat around 1.6kg of that in one sitting with some sauce

>also salt the fuck out kf your meals and drink plenty of water

Oh yeah, this.
Pick up some sports dissovable electrolyte tablets. Whenever I started to feel weird symptoms like a headache or a sting in an old injury, taking one of those in some water stopped it in less than 5 minutes. I've still got a bunch of them left over a year later.

just regular salt with iodine is fine.
potassium needs gonna be covered from meat alone

Alcohol intake should be minimal. Hard alcohol seems to be the way to go when in ketosis, but alcohol metabolism is always prioritized, so the less you drink the better. As far as cost, it can be super cheap or expensive. Beef is pretty affordable in the US, but expensive in other countries. I spend about 20 dollars US a day on food, but I eat ribeye steaks most days.

All right then this thread has given me much more info than a search on websites. Now all I have to do is convince my wife that both of us should do it!

Meat is somewhat expensive here but I have have to research if it will be expensive. It costs like 1k USD a month. But if I shop smart then it should not be a problem!

Eat eggs in the morning, tuna or chicken for lunch, beef for dinner

bump

it's def a bad diet. people who think it's a good idea will point out 1) inuit and 2) massai tribes. and claim that they never got heart disease - but that was based on very old, flawed information, they have fucked up hearts from eating nothing but animal products, and probably too much saturated fat.

Attached: Kathy Nam.jpg (628x767, 71K)

I do periodic carnivore all the time. It’s really good for weeks you are doing extended fasts,

For example say I want to do a 48-72 hour fast during a week, my week will look like this.

Monday - Wednesday
Lift heavy at the gym and eat big carnivore meals afterwards. This helps deplete my glycogen whilst the protein helps muscle recovery. The more glycogen I deplete by eating no carb carnivore during this period the easier my fast will be

Thursday - Saturday
Fast with snake juice and do some steady state cardio. If I really want to cut bf% I’ll take Yohimbine HCL before the cardio. Realistically you should be in Keto pretty quickly because of the carnivore prep you did the three days prior and it’s impact on your glycogen.

Sunday
Lift heavy at the gym then break fast with first meal of bone broth and an easily digestible protein like 4-5 soft boiled eggs. An hour later I’ll have another big meal which will consist of just meat.

From there you can just decide to repeat the process of reintroduce other sorts of food moving into the next week. But yeah I love this routine in works great

Post body

>probably vego-jewish shill
>also cooombrain

looo

One thing I haven't asked is how do you guys feel now compared to when you atr 'normally'

Just fast first. Instead of dealing with keto flu for weeks, you get some mild discomfort for like 3 days tops

They started to get fucked up hearts when they got put on a Western diet, which observedly wreaked havoc on them and caused a lot of problems.

You absolutely need organ meat as well for this to work. Looking up what American fur trappers ate might be a good start, they basically ate only game for half the year without getting sick.

Why salt?

One tip I didn't see mentioned in the thread is to put butter on everything. Fat makes you satiated very fast, so a relatively small cut of meat can turn more filling with a healthy dose of butter.

Feels better. It's been almost two years now, so I can't remember that well the difference. I think my testosterone went up from all the fat, got stronger at the gym and much hornier. But that's conjecture, as I didn't do any tests to check. I also don't have that terrible drowsiness after meals and I'm a lot less hungry than before.

500g of food? lmao.
use cronometer to get a better gauge of how much you should be eating.