Are gains harder to see on camera than in a mirror

Are gains harder to see on camera than in a mirror

Attached: 29310A81-6F6F-4CAD-BF8D-B49E702FEFDE.jpg (846x1200, 156K)

Other urls found in this thread:

journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0146167208318601?journalCode=pspc
faculty.chicagobooth.edu/nicholas.epley/EpleyWhitchurch2008.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pic related

Nah
Anyone here have seem themselves in grocies stores, supermakets and shopping cameras from the surveillance tv?

Jesus fuck!
I dont think I'm big at all, i feel regular size, but this one time I was at the supermarket and they had this tv showing the hall I was in.
I look at it and got spooked: this huge dude looking up. I searched him and he was gone: it was me all along

this story made me cry!

and on serious note i was hanging out with a short chick and i felt like im gigamogging her

>this huge dude looking up. I searched him and he was gone: it was me all along
This is beautiful poetry right here.

I hate that fucking face tom makes where it looks like hes jutting his jaw out

i know exactly what you mean. 4k monitors made me look 90s comic book ripped. Had those JoJo outlines.

>when you realize you were the big guy all along

Attached: images (1).jpg (300x287, 11K)

I cry evertym

No, câmeras are different

Did tom get bigger?

kek

The real question is, which one is more close to the reality and how everybody sees you? Your picture or your reflection on the mirror?

mirror is more realistic. Pictures depend on so many things, camera quality, software, lighting, angle, lens, skin tones, sweat ....

If you look good in mirror, chance that you look good in other people's eyes. You just need to flip that mirror image to see the real you.

I have seen many people, both men and women, that are very good looking but they look really bad in photos.

If you wonder why most models are so skinny and ill-looking, it's because these skinny people are more photogenic.

Tom never had gains

Wait, but how is a reflection more accurate than a picture? Also, don’t cameras have something that flips the image to make it look more like reality? I’ve hear also something about snapchat camera and how it’s different. Everybody says different things

I feel like I look better in the mirror than I do in most pictures. Whiter it's front facing or back facing.

I think I look less muscular in a mirror selfie than looking at myself in the mirror. It's annoying cuz i want to flex. Made some big gains.

Attached: t7QZoip.png (460x282, 185K)

Imaginary lat syndrome

Depends a lot on light, angles and focal length.
I can make you look slightly more or less ripped if I want to.

Bros do you find that your face looks decent in the mirror, but absolutely subhuman-tier from a pic on your phone?

In the mirror I look decent, but on camera I notice how one eye is higher than the other, one eyelid droops down lower than the other, my mouth isn't centered, same with my nose, my face looks so long...etc

which is the real me, bros? In the mirror or in the photos?

Doesn’t Tom pull like 4pl8 diddly?

For you(me)

i feel the same way, even in regards to eye alignment, strangely

I was in elevator at work. Evening lighting. I had on black t shirt. I grab the rail and look up. I see man in same shirt as me with sexy as arms and a bitchin body body. I look at face. Amazing beard. Look at eyes of beautiful man. Is only me. I am sexy beautiful one. Reach floor. Get out. Feel confident.

Are u me?

You just need to understand that cameras take pictures by capturing lights. Then the digital light sensors produce the image. So if either one of the lighting, angle, lens, light sensors ... is distorted, the pictures will be distorted. It's very hard to get the perfect combination of the right lighting, angle, lens, cameras ... That's why there is a professional job called photographer. And most amateur people take shitty pictures.

With a mirror, if the mirror is perfectly flat, nothing is distorted here so you will have the realistic image of you (with the flipping obviously).

Makes sense I guess

Here is the true answer.
99% of the time you have seen your face IRL, it has been in a mirror. This is by far the most common way to see your own face. The mirror mirrors (duh) your face, and you've become completely accustomed to the way your face looks in that orientation.
When you take a pic that flips the photo so that your face is a different orientation than usual, it's completely foreign to you. You see your face completely different to how you usually do, and all your flaws and asymmetry stand out 100x more than usual.
This is the same reason that seeing someone you know really well in a selfie will make them look a bit weird, or when people take a group photo, everyone thinks they look weird but everyone else looks good.
Trust me, people don't think you look weird. It's a mind trick.

How is Tom and Jujis channel after tje fiasco?

It's your Flouride Stare and wearing a womens shirt that is distracting your gains. Try contacts and a smaller size t shirt

What fiasco

You should have whipped it out and started jacking right there.

In addition to this. If you take a close picture with your phones front facing camera. It distorts your face. Take a picture with the front facing camera a foot away vs with your arm extended and zoom in. The difference in insane.

Tom just needs to fucking bulk and leave humanity behind

One time I saw a shadow and thought
>damn that's a big guy
It was my shadow

We are always chasing the future, bro

Siiick brah

Camera is magic

Attached: B0F4ACA8-42D1-4196-88EC-C4B1187BA3E0.jpg (1628x532, 293K)

For England, James?

I was trying to take a selfie the other day and I couldn't take a photo without my eyes looking in different directions.

It fucked me up for a bit.

Damn, thanks bro. I always liked myself in the mirror and absolutely horrified by the goblin, that is supposed to be me on the pictures of me. This posts certainly boosted my selft-esteem.

No.. For you.

If I check those tripples, will you die?

Am i the only that looks like a fucking midget from the front camera? Like i legit look like some hobbit character while maybe i am very small irl (5'8) but not fucking 5'0

Attached: 131342535.jpg (1106x1012, 70K)

Had the same thing with fucked up gym mirrors, I don't think I'm big enough yet, but I saw a man in a reflected gym mirror and thought "he's not bad looking, not quite there yet but in a year he'll be huge" and it was me.

Same. My bitch twig arms looks normal, even slightly buff in the gym mirrors.

mirror i always thought i looked like shit cuz pictures but everyone was mirring at the beach so i guess mirrors are more accurate

I remember reading somewhere that people see themselves as naturally more attractive than they are in a mirror (not because of narcissism or anything, just by nature of thinking better of yourself), and that a camera photo is a better representation of you.

DELET

Oh ya here it is.

journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0146167208318601?journalCode=pspc

Yare yare daze

Attached: 1566812847964.jpg (1820x2015, 518K)

I look better in pictures though, unless the lens is shitty and tiny

If that's just our brain coping mechanism, how come it doesn't work on pictures?

> In each experiment, participants' faces were made more or less attractive using a morphing procedure. Participants were more likely to recognize an attractively enhanced version of their own face out of a lineup as their own, and they identified an attractively enhanced version of their face more quickly in a lineup of distracter faces.
Basically, our brain says we always pick the one image of ourself that's more attractive. So with photos, where you have hiccups like we visually see a morphed photo of ourselves that isn't as attractive as the clean mirror look. But when pinned up against other people, we decisively pick the more attractive, even if that means not picking ourself.

This! I've been on Starting Strength for 2 months and can only notice that my arms are big in front of a mirror, and only at certain angles, while the rest of my body in general is complete dyel mode, especially with my clothes off.
Then I went to the supermarket recently and as I went in, for absolutely no reason as I never noticed they had surveillance before in the entrance, I looked up and saw myself on the tv from the camera footage and I looked absolutely more jacked than everyone else around me. Like a mini Johnny Bravo in the making. First self mire I guess.

>take a snapshot of your face from a mirror, clean form
>alter it slightly, producing multiple new versions of your face that are sometimes more attractive and sometimes less
>line them up
>your brain quick picks the most attractive one as your "true" self

Basically what it says.

>But when pinned up against other people, we decisively pick the more attractive, even if that means not picking ourself.
But in selfies we only have ourselves in the picture, there's nobody to compare your face to, and I still come out looking like something out of a freak show

you may have a fridge frame or whatever it's called i'll make you look shorter

Wait, are you saying that I'm actually more ugly than I think I'm?

Attached: 1563760280744.jpg (250x240, 11K)

>camera takes away 5lbs of muscles
>how many cameras are on him now?

Because your individual picture of yourself that's most attractive is the one in the mirror lad.
Again, you look at yourself in multiple ways, and your brain instinctively picks the most attractive one and then goes "ya that's the REAL me" when in reality that may not be so. In fact, the photograph removes the "imperfection" bias from a mirror that you get (i.e. you ignore over your imperfections when you look in a mirror, particularly at a distance) that you can't ignore in a photo.

I'm sorry lad, but you aren't Chad. You're Igor.

Guess you're naturally good looking then lad.

Igor is a Chad though

It's like Lionel Messi. He isn't actually that short, same height as Tom Cruise, but his proportions make him look like a midget.

>flex my tris to the camera whenever I am waiting for my apartments elevator

You're Sloth then.
Whatever the ugliest fucking vile creature you can think of, that's you.

I look like achad in all my pictures, but less so in the mirror, I think I'm more objective about my appearance though. That being said don't be harshing user's vibes here. We're all a lot bigger than we look even if we haven't made it yet.

I'm just being honest bro. I don't like lying to anons, makes them lose their sense of self.

You're a Chad. The other guy is a abomination. Sad truth of reality.

Yes user. You're unfortunately repulsive.

Oh i see it now. In a mirror you have basically infinite frames to look at, and you move around looking for the best possible angle and then your brain takes like a snapshot of that best looking "frame" that it got and thinks that is you all the time. Interesting theory. Also might I add that in front of a mirror you can see what facial expressions you look best at so you instinctively change your expression to look your best. In a photo, especially group photo, you don't know what you look like at that exact moment the photo is taken so you end up not looking your best self, which is what you are used to seeing in the mirror.

Here's the full scientific publication btw.

Read and judge for yourself.

faculty.chicagobooth.edu/nicholas.epley/EpleyWhitchurch2008.pdf

Ya pretty much. Your brain has a bias in your favor (and for those close to you) and thus makes sure to be selective about what is "best" for you.
It's honestly an interesting study and I wish there were more literature on the nature of people viewing themselves.

>look down at my body and I look fat as fuck
>look in the mirror and I'm ottermode
>take a picture and im skinny
Which is real?

Post body

If what hes says is true then he'll just look skinny

not true.

Many people look beautiful in real life but ugly in photos.

Maybe in a shitty photo.
If you got a proper picture in both, the photo is likely more honest for the person than the mirror.
Mind you I was talking about how people perceive themselves, not so much whether they are objectively attractive or not.

Im not talking about myself but other people.

Some of my friends and people I know look really attractive IRL but look butterface in photos.

And I've met several models, both males and females, they look nothing special IRL but if they take a selfie, the photo just looks much better.

Again youre missing the point that the study was about how people perceive themselves and their close ones/friends.
It literally points out that people think of their friends in their most attractive light, when in reality they may not be as attractive as you perceive them to be. Whereas with strangers people are way more objective.
You say your friends are attractive irl and not so in photos? Well your brain gives deference to the “best” vision of your friends that it can imagine, and so you think of that as the “real” them. But a total stranger doesn’t have that bias. So a photo of said person to a random stranger would probably be more in line of the person’s objective attractiveness

what did u say about avengers and soilent?

i hate that tom doesnt realize what a joke he is. its really sorta sad.

Sometimes when I'm getting on the bus, I'll see someone through the door while it's opening and think to myself "fuck that's a big lad, better step aside to let him through", but it's really my reflection.

Pretty sure he has hit 1/2/3/4, which is decent for an average dude. It's nice to see the average dude that lifts a bit along with juji when they show all these dudes who are crazy at their disciplines gives you perspective.

theyve posted some boring videos of tom trying to train a fellow nu male to lose weight
so another video of tom talking too much with his bare minimum fitness knowledge and spewing lolsorandom humor

im done with the channel lol

Every year I want to do Bane for workplace Halloween but I am never big enough. Never.

>I notice how one eye is higher than the other, one eyelid droops down lower than the other
I think about this every day and it's driving me crazy. People often call me attractive (I'm probably ~8/10) but holy shit do I hate taking photos, I find any excuse to avoid it which makes me look autistic.