I have to run 1.5 miles in 12 minutes

I have to run 1.5 miles in 12 minutes

tfw 225lb roider that's never done cardio

How do I pull this off?

Attached: 1566694710686.jpg (622x464, 175K)

don't be a bitch

Sprint it. That’s how I passed my IST as a 220 lbs fatbody.

thats literally walking pace, if my math is correct

That’s 9 minute mile pace. Are you wearing gear or carrying a sandbag? Just push yourself past all the walls that come up and you’ll easily make it.

Do the first mile in 10 minutes then the other half mile in 2.5 minutes

>12 minutes
>12.5 minutes

Why are you joining the forces?

What the fuck is wrong with you? Even untrained naturals can do sub-10min miles

based retard

Attached: 1410843105900.jpg (566x480, 64K)

A 2 minute mile is impossible user

Take EQ.
Raises Cardio and RBC. Dont do tren or whatever.

It's 7 minutes you fucking retard

Not OP, but a lifetime of playing video games while laying down will do that to you. I never ran before I turned 22, and the first time I tried 1.5 miles I clocked in at around 36 minutes. My recruiter sent out a search vehicle cause he thought I died lol. I walked and stopped a lot though - couldn’t run lightpost to lightpost without my lungs trying to kill me.

Wtf

I smoke 2 packs a day, and the occasional cock, and i can run without dying. Is vidya really worse than smoking?

I’d say so. Video games are an addiction that leads to sedentary. I’m sure there’s some lasting muscular imbalance in my legs because I’ve never allowed them to develop, since I never used them aside to walk to the kitchen. The smokers I run with all run sub-20’s.

That's fucked up bro

It’s not the worst, just means that I need to work harder than everyone else. Still almost at a 2pl8 squat and 9 minute mile after a couple years.

Try to run 2 miles in 20 minutes. Then reduce that time until you can get to 2 miles in 16 minutes. At that point the 1.5 miles in 12 minutes should be easy.

>walking at more than 7 mph
Must have a killer stride

Start running piggy

Tfw I took part in a quarter mile sprint and had to stop halfway through because I felt faint and couldnt breathe, threw up later too.

You couldnt run an eighth of a mile without stopping?

KEK

is that a fucking challenge?

>I have to run 10 feet in 8 hours
>how can I ever pull off such a super human feat
You're joking right? That's fucking nothing. Just start running. You should be able to do that within a few weeks if you're already in decent shape.

It's 8. How can you both be so fucking stupid? 8*1.5=12. It's not that fucking hard.

Wat?

I weigh 227 and just did it in 13. If you've never ran before run every other day until you feel comfortable enough to run every day. STRETCH. Breathe through nose as much as possible. I repeat STRETCH. I didn't stretch and it set me back a lot. Stretch at night on your own time and run in the morning. Don't just do a bs stretch routine for 3 mins right before you run

You’re not factoring in wind resistance or gravity.

How do I run? You get lots of advice online about how to squat, bench and deadlift but none about how to run. I haven't ran since I was about 11 and I'm in my 30s.

Get a load of this zoomer retard

Common core was a mistake

I’m still practicing it myself, but from what I’ve been doing, use your quads and calves to run, landing on your mid foot and kicking off the ground with your toes. With every step you should try raising your front leg high enough to kick out for a long stride, and your rear leg should curl, almost touching heel to hamstring.

>needs help training for a 12 min 1.5mile
absolutely fucking pathetic

Attached: Finn.jpg (701x565, 51K)

post run

Fucking dumbass it’s 7.5 mph pace

Get on a treadmill

Set speed to like 6.0 MPH (something manageable) run for 12mins straight and see the end result. Do it again the next day and increase speed to 6.1 and keep going until you hit your time. Depends on how long you have though. If a week or less than a month, you're screwed. If you're trying to get into the Air Force (their pt standard is a 1.5 run) then keep working until you get there.

Also, break down the time required per lap. It's 6 laps so jot down the math required. Then shoot for that time on a treadmill or actual track and improve.

Oh sorry little manlet, didn't see you down there with your tiny little legs. For normal sized humans thats a brisk power walk

Hahahaha fucking dumbass

If you're a 300ft giant maybe

Takes 7 mins to run a mile, you should be fine

Long term sedentary living is absolutely terrible for your health, especially your circulatory system.
>Google deep vein thrombosis and you'll never miss a workout

False, even if it's someone who stayed indoors playing video games way longer than they should. Usually only fat people won't be able to run to an acceptable level.

>i never ran before 22
Taking this statement literally, or even semi-literally (meaning barely ever), you represent basically nobody. You're telling me never you ran around outside as a child, or at school, or basically ever. That's child abuse akin to malnutrition.

.5 mile in 12 minutes
>Do the first mile in 10 minutes then the other half mile in 2.5 minutes
>10 minutes
>2.5 minutes

Attached: 1458689583838.png (579x496, 43K)

just fucking do it

just fucking run

go out to a field, catch your stride, then go a bit faster

then more faster till you're running

you fucking idiot

you literally don't even need a brain

running is assisted by the central nervous system

people with paralysis will run their legs if you put them on a treadmill

>how to breathe

The trick is to get the bulk of it out of the way early. You’re gonna wanna do the first half mile in 2 minutes, the second half mile in 4 minutes, and then you’ll have an easy 6 minutes for the last half mile.
When you split it up and pace yourself strategically you’ll have an adnavtage over almost everybody since most people just start running without even thinking, and they’re who the standard is designed for. If you do it this way it’s much easier to finish in time. They don’t expect you to know this type of strategy (don’t tell the instructors about your plan though. It’s kind of like jury nullification. It’s a don’t ask don’t tell sorta thing)

12 kmh for 12 minutes wtf dawg. Just dew it.

Pathetic.

>how do I run
start running?

I didn’t. Maybe walked fast a few times, but never ran. No friends, no sports, no activities. My childhood is literally just myself and a PS1/2/3.

>being this retarded

Post your math

How tf did you even acquire roids?

dude over here running gear to weigh only 225 LMAO

as a 255lb marathon-in-training bro i can tell you that you should be able to do that. i probably could but itd take my all. 10min miles are my comfort pace right now, but every couple pounds i lose that increases in speed. at 225 i think 8min miles should be reasonable if u give yourself 2-3 months to work up to it

it's a decent pace by any measure

Last fitness test was 67 pushup, 60 situp, and 8:58 run, all of them max scores. Wasn't even winded after the run since I don't have to go full effort to run a 9:12 lmao.

You have to run roughly 1.5 miles in under 9:30, after a roughly 800 yard warmup depending on your selection center.
12 minutes is the absolute maximum and unless you're a Gay Sikh Trans Woman we can use in articles about how diverse and tolerant we are, it won't get you a start date.

t. 9'11 masterrace

Take cardarine and build endurance

I was the same way OP, the best advice i can say is be patient and decrease your time by 10 swconds here, another few seconds here. Its not gonna just drop by this one secret trick for just $99.99. Also dont rush joining take your time. Pick the rate you fucking want.

wadio

>anything but walking

Attached: Tucker%20Carlson-1017-GQ-MOCA03-01.jpg (1600x2400, 742K)

Drop acid and do it

thats a pretty slow pace

>60 sit ups???????
fukkin lol i see you ain't ready to be a marine

>8 minute mile
bro i literally never do cardio and i can do that lmao

Sup chair force

You joining the forces m8?

Attached: Britainball.png (640x600, 156K)

cheat harder it got you this far right?