/mag/ /martial arts general/

/mag/ /martial arts general/

chop frauds fuck thots

youtube.com/watch?v=4x4VTjbZtKc

we don't respect aikido or bujinkan here so don't try

Attached: martial arts general.jpg (1080x1395, 247K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m5JUZrfCT3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=vxOrYV9cfYU
mega.nz/#!eMEFFawA!_U4c_NMybJu_x415YI1zCcmOufQbKD2hqrPnnk3ob48
youtube.com/watch?v=w84H1S2SPgw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: mag.jpg (750x750, 121K)

I don’t respect your stupid image. Thai chi and kung fu? Get the fuck outta here

found the bujinkan nerd
has hatsumi allowed the secret scrolls to be public yet or is he still afraid to admit they're just ancient trap doujinns

Literally the only respectable martial arts are muay Thai, wrestling, and Brazilian Jiu jitsu. Delete this image, or better yet, the entire thread.

Now.

try saying that to a boxer, and i guarantee you'll get boxed up on the spot

Boxers lose to grapplers/kickboxers 10/10 times

Yeah right, watch max Holloway defend 14 takedowns in a row and try and tell me that again faggot, better yet just ask Brian Ortegas face

He's the exception, not the rule. All but two of the current Champs are wrestlers.

That use boxing and not muay thai, wrestling only works in the current rules. If punches to the back of the head and knees/kicks to downed opponents were allowed, wrestling would go the way of bjj in mma. If you weren't a dickhead casual fan you'd know this. Go play with your katana shinobi

Okay, and weren't you defending boxing? I literally listed bjj as one of the respectable arts. Where does boxing fit into your fantasy rule set?

I follow mma and I have no idea what anything you just said meant

You're fucking retarded and clearly can't read. You have no clue what you're even talking about. Big dumb fuckin idiot

Good comeback

Look up hatsumi bujinkan ninjutsu, it's a gold mine of bullshido

>This is one of the best p4p wrestlers on the planet lifting heavy ass weight. He's an olympic champion and multiple time world champion. He has a gold medal. Lifting is good for grappling.
And he was beaten by guy who don't lift.
youtube.com/watch?v=m5JUZrfCT3Q
This interview title literally translates to "Barbell will not help Snyder"

Good lack of come back

Attached: 1565109142231.png (1920x1080, 3.59M)

bump

so still no consensus about weights vs cardio for grappling, I guess?

Guys I need help. I want to become big and strong along with training mma. My stats:
> 6'1 175lbs and almost 1/2/3/4 except squat and DL (my upper body lifts are my strong suit)
>inb4 not even 1/2/3/4
>strong
My goal would be to become a monstrous ufc heavyweight. Now Im not thinking about becoming professional but I want to be proficient in both strength and fighting (and in size).
How would I program my strength training? Am I too much of a manlet? Or do i have to get fat or roid to achieve it?

Attached: unintelligible croat beats fat basketball american.jpg (1484x989, 96K)

Under “modern weaponry” I don’t see “guns”. That is the only effective way to stop an assailant. You gay little faggots can practice your pretend sparring matches on a padded floor, while sensai conveniently charges your bank account every month, but the minute you come face to face with 6’5” tyrone the nigger who’s robbing you at knife point you will bend over and service Tyrone with your unlubed rectum and I will pull out my Taurus Judge and make his thorax look like a bowl of spaghetti. But keep on with your Bruce Lee LARP

I'm a 200lbs guy with a chiseled physique but in the 6 years of lifting never did serious cardio.
Because of that, I gassed out during BJJ after 5 mins of rolling..I wasn't spazzing out or abusing my strength advantage, I just gassed the fuck out.

> My actual question:
how do I train grappling cardio?

just bulk the fuck up, get big by doing both strength and powerlifting programs and on off days you go swimming/boxing/grappling so your mobility and endurance progresses too

Bump

This

jesus christ this image

But what program, I need a balance between lifting and fighting.

5/3/1 or the fighter template of Tacticall Barbell

You're too short to be a really successful heavyweight, you'd have to be a tubby bum unless you have some sort of super elite skillset which you dont. Try 205lbs, that's more your division if you want to be kinda thick built but also fat.

HIIT

>title set to /mag /martial arts general/
>name set to /mag /martial arts general/
>image named /mag /martial arts general/
>first thing said is /mag /martial arts general/

....what was the thread called again?

The best way to train your cardio for gappling is to keep grappling in live rolls. Keep in mind though, that your technique will see the most improvement from drilling and situational rolls and not live rolling. If you want to do other stuff on the side to improve it, jump rope and do HIIT.

youtube.com/watch?v=vxOrYV9cfYU

Depends on your grappling style and technique. Like striking, some people use strength to make up for lack of technique, and sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. When I wrestled I was one of those, I didn't have many tricks but I was a lot stronger than most people in my weight class, so I could use simple attacks because I had the power to force them. Smarter dudes would use more technique and arguably be better wrestlers for it. But at the end of the day, it doesn't matter if you tied someone up in a gogoplata or guillotine from the feet, a W's a W. Although I will say even strong dudes need cardio, and at elite levels everyone has cardio, and everyone is strong. Which makes this strength vs technique debate really more about what strategy they're employing at that time for that opponent, overpower or outthink.

Here's a tutorial on the philly shell style of boxing used by Floyd Mayweather, James Toney, and others. It assumes that you know the basics of boxing. This is to repay the fag who shared the John danaher pin escapes series.

mega.nz/#!eMEFFawA!_U4c_NMybJu_x415YI1zCcmOufQbKD2hqrPnnk3ob48

>That is the only effective way to stop an assailant
You can be helpless without your gun if you want, I'll go ahead and be deadly either way, because I'm not a pushy

HIIT and grapple. A large part of not gassing while rolling is knowing when it's safe to relax and catch your breath. As a newbie you're constantly flexing because you're always in danger, when you get better you realise oh wait there is no way he's gonna submit me from here now i can chill for sec

Appreciate it fa.m, thanks.

So basically, to get a high level both are needed. Would the best bet then be a basic lifting routine with additional cardio? Of course with the main focus on classes and technique

I dont understand your question. Is your ultimate goal to compete? You want to be a "ufc heavyweight" but don't want go pro? That's like saying you want to play in the NHL but don't want to go pro.

Are you confusing ufc with mma?

Oh my god, are you really implying that you want to lift to be efficient in grappling or just looked at pictures of buffed wrestlers and thought "Oh, I want to look like them!!! Wrestling cool!!!!"?
If you are beginner and want to add to 3x time per week grappling workouts 2-3 additional cardio or strength workouts, you better add 1-2 grappling workouts instead of that.

Lift as much as you can while focusing on grappling. You probably won't be able to do a full on powerlifting program while grappling. You'll get burnt out or hurt. Just do something easy like 531 or whatever that doesn't require a lot of time, doesn't fry your CNS, and has a good structure for slow long term progress.

missed boxing class yesterday
bummer. I'm bored
wish I could spar with you guys, my friends don't like throwing down

Try doing shadow boxing or read books like The Book of Five Rings or Tao of Jeet Kune Do

>If you have a skillsets you can't use a gun ever
Hello fat retard.

If nobody wants to spar with you, you probably spar like an asshole.

I fucking hate doing "light sparring" with some faggot trying to knock people out in the gym, like bitch it's a Tuesday I'm not trying to get KO'd just control yourself goddamn

definitive tierlist
>inb4 BJJ is A tier

Attached: tierlist.png (1248x878, 667K)

>Boxing anything but S+ tier

Good luck throwing those highkicks in jeans or wrestling some faggot with a knife or friends. A clean uno dos then dash is the only useful thing in a street fight. Queer

>kickboxing over muay thai
Oh right because a striking art is BETTER when it ignores clinch work and takedowns. Go throw a crescent kick in a street fight you mongoloid

>go block
>wtf why am I getting hit I'm blocking
This is how boxers fight without pillows on their hands

is sambo a meme? serious question. i have the option of going to a BJJ gym that is close or a sambo place that is a little farther. what do

Attached: 1566717594071.png (736x975, 264K)

You learn to throw the same punches just as well anywhere else
Boxing is literally just cardio training and gloves are a crutch

Depends, sambo itself isn't a meme. But given how little recognition it has in the west, odds are your instructor in it will be a meme, and make your training a meme

>using a taurus judge for self defense
Lmao-ing at your life, get an actual gun

BJJ is bad for dangerous situations and will basically get you killed

it teaches you to crabwalk and roll around on the ground until you can latch onto your opponents leg and trip them into a locking grab

Attached: bjjtournament.png (610x328, 238K)

>Muay Thai is below kickboxing
>Capoeira is ranked that high
>boxing isn't b tier but fucking judo is
>Krav Maga and karate aren't ranked lower
>implying aikido is a martial art to begin with
Nice bait

Not this fucking thread again. This is a farce, no one here talks about anything other than MMA and there are already threads for that on /sp/. Fuck off.

shut up bitch before i ankle pick you

niggaz don't know about gun-fu

>boxing isn't b tier but fucking judo is
the first mma fight was judo vs boxing, and the world class coon boxer who had concealed brass knuckles still got btfo

Attached: fight.png (1088x1380, 1.67M)

Why is it that every wrestler I talk to always says "muh single/double leg takedown" like it's the end all to any fighting technique?

judo is literally a joke, and a game. like bjj. it stopped being anything approaching a martial art the second it banned leg grabs, same way bjj lost their credibility when it became more advantageous to scoot on your butt than learn to stand up and take down. both are games, not martial arts, and are not to be taken seriously.

Because people compare these things like they're pokemon or DBZ or whatever. Just look at people ITT putting arts into tier lists.

because i guarantee i can double leg you and all your friends and there's not a single thing you could do to stop me from full on slamming your whole bodyweight onto the top of your skull on concrete. in one second ill have level changed, shot, and lifted you before you have time to even say 1-2

A martial art with no sport is lost
but the same martial art can get lost in the sport

if you find a good judo/BJJ gym that cares more about survival than sport you're in the clear

>a good judo/BJJ gym that cares more about survival than sport
stop coping and just wrestle lmao

Enjoy being uppercut and choked manlet.

the fact that you don't know the counter to a double leg is a knee proves you're getting fucking slammed buddy, enjoy the ride, you won't remember it

I'm good with my current kickboxing thanks
wrestling's good but the style don't appeal to me

Ok Ben askren

Judo is about getting your opponent on the ground without having to throw yourself on top of him like an idiot, and would be even more effective if you had some type of weapon

You standing up and the other guy on the ground is what you want, no contest. And judo with added striking is the best way to get to that point

if i was ben askren i wouldn't be handing out the counter for free, ol benny boy had to pay for that knowledge judo is about getting your opponent to the ground WHILE throwing yourself on top like an idiot. oh and you can't grab legs. shut up before i ankle pick you

not everyone wants to actually be in shape and thats okay. i do MT too

80% of judo takedowns don't involve getting yourself on the ground

wrestling and bjj can be a death sentence

>Judo is about getting your opponent on the ground without having to throw yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=w84H1S2SPgw

judo is about playing with each others shirts while getting punched in the face until you get knocked the fuck out

watch that video and see how many times they go to the ground. inb4
>hurrrrrr they're not doing it right!?!!!?
when your olympic gold medal contenders aren't doing it right, your sport is a meme

Attached: judo.jpg (1200x800, 105K)

judo literally has you give your back to save points, what the fuck kind of self defense art is that. brb training to get myself murdered execution style

>thread about all martial arts
>talks about martial art
>that combines all martial arts
wow, yeah, what the fuck

T-tony?

Life's a rat race... And I ain't no rat. I'm a turtle,
a ninja turtle.

>that combines ALL martial arts

That's fucking bullshit and you know it.

>uppercut

Attached: 1566906451877.jpg (500x313, 24K)

Which one's your favorite? I like Michelangelo

Wait until you test my conditioning, dog. I’m going to take you into deep waters. I’m going to leave you out there with no fucking snorkel. I’m actually working out as I’m talking. What are you doing, user? Stuffing your face full of tiramisu? It’s not even Tuesday, dog. I bet you're a fucking cake eater. I bet you eat it with a fucking silver-spoon. See I actually train MMA, so i could take that silver spoon, and beat you over the head with it.

the only 2 things that matter are size and pain tolerance

the best part of this thread is all the em-em-aayy bros trying to show off their dick length online

>em-em-aayy bros
imagine having to cope this hard, knowing I could put your hands behind your back like a police lock and beat you like a nigger. keep playing judo though

I'm here to choke necks and cash checks

Tony Ferguson is a goddamn national treasure

have fun fighting on the undercard. professionals can whoop ass a several sizes up and do it all the time, literally why its such a big deal people fight up weight classes and win. Saenchai KO's people as much as 15lbs above him, regularly.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Saenchai hasn't had a real fight in ages bro.

Because the idea of someone sprawling and elbowing them in the neck is something they can't even imagine.

Train balance and hip/leg dexterity and literally never fear a wrestler for the rest of your life

According to that logic though boxing has been a joke since they added gloves, lowered clinch time and prevented tie ups, and forbid grabbing the opponent anywhere.

Redpill me on capoeira boys, os it as shit as everyone says

it looks cool

You think a wrestler is gonna stay under you long enough to get hit if you don't control his head with a headlock or something? How are u gonna deliver that elbow without losing a grip?

I was always told it was dancing with fighting-like dance moves. Good for cardio, maybe less effective in real life compared to boxing or MT or something

By itself? Great martial art to stay in shape, most capoeiristas are insanely fit, gives you some great balance, coordination, etc. Problem is it's not really...combat-based. By itself, anyways - their closest equivalent to sparring is non-contact and slow as hell.
On top of another martial art as a supplement? pretty fuckin' good. I've seen people get KO'd by a capoiera setup into a roundhouse to the head.
TL;DR - if you want to fight, have kickboxing as well. If you want to stay in shape, do it.

Did you miss the entire first part where I mentioned a sprawl and catch?

I'd just maintain a headlock for control and start kneeing