I'm gonna fucking make it!!!

I'm gonna fucking make it!!!

Attached: MVIMG_20190827_150808.jpg (1301x1732, 1.49M)

Other urls found in this thread:

menshealth.com/uk/building-muscle/a755117/the-10-best-dumbbell-exercises/
stronglifts.com/5x5/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

people are gonna greentext and say lol nogains but user, i wish you well

Not with those you aren't

making a step forward gj user let us know your progress

Not with your Fisher Price weight set you're not.

Attached: 3160e59ff0292b832bc4d25cf16fc4c7.jpg (1000x1000, 80K)

It's a start. Master those to progress further.

Thanks bros

What's wrong with them? Any actual advice? It's 20kg max

Make what? What are you making, OP?

Not enough weight, no barbell, no squat rack, no bench, I'm sorry but you will achieve exactly nothing with those babyweights

Be consistent and steadfast with a solid plan and you will. This is a good start, bro!

I did OHP 135 for 3x1.

Feelsgoodman

Attached: 1467398E-3127-40F9-9165-7EF4CC3FF7B9.jpg (618x741, 75K)

they're fine if you're a beginner, don't listen to those faggots. just don't do memeshit with them, and make sure you include some bodyweight exercises in your routine.

you'll end up with a decent foundation when you get a gym membership, which you'll have to do in a few months if you don't want to stagnate.

Thanks for the advice. Which exercises are memeshit?

Te has comprado una mancuerna tio?

try lifting

Yes he will you retarded bitchy fuck. Those two dumbbells are his entrance into fitness and he will move up from there and make it.

We all started with two dumbbells in our room or garage and on our journey to make it moved to gyms, martial arts and anything which made us a better version of ourselves.

Attached: 1561531256060.gif (500x368, 1.8M)

You assume way too much. Pseudo-motivation will only go so far. Instead of posting a picture of a couple plates and acting like he’ll lift it, OP should have started lifting then posted before/after stats. This is just attention seeking shitpost.

i mean just don't fill your routine with isolations. you can do plenty of compounds like shoulder press, floor press, one arm rows. even sumo squats depending on how much weight you can get on one dumbbell.

isolations are still fine but they should be an accessory to your compound movements.

This right here
Most people spend some money on somethin like this and then proceed to let it collect dust in about a month if not less.

Some people do need the attention to motivate themself. Or rather, him being here posting that stuff is a byproduct of his motivation.

I will always assume that someone who comes here takes it seriously and I will always help out anyone who asks me about this stuff even if I can bet on the fact that they will ditch it after two weeks.

this is true..
then again, gyms filled with peeps that gain nothing, and definnitely less than many who basically do bodyweight at home

You are retarded. Why didn't you buy the 100€ kit with a barbell and a bench? Unironically not gonna make it

Thanks, I saw the same thing in the sticky. Will start doing some of the exercises from here menshealth.com/uk/building-muscle/a755117/the-10-best-dumbbell-exercises/ that my friend told me are good(all expect 5 6 7 9)

I bought something similar two months ago. I'm still doing it but I'm already looking at buying more weight soon. I'll probably end up just getting a gym membership instead.

I'm glad to hear it

20kg max when a literal child can go into a gym and bench 40kg

understand the problem?

>benching is equivalent to every other exercise

Attached: 1548177803850.jpg (812x1024, 61K)

Good thing he's not gonna be benching dumbbells fucking moron redditspacer

20kg is enough for arms and shoulders.

You can buy 5kg plates for these and stack them up. I think the maximum weight you can load these with is 32kg which would lead to decent upper body gains.

squat, bench press, overhead press and deadlift you can do a variation of with what you have.
(you can do pull ups later) Press ups, sit ups.
Ignore everything else for now

Kiddos really are obsessed with benching.
Any normal male should naturally be able to bench own weight

clever advice thanks

Everyone starts at different places, bro. I couldn't bench 30kg at the start whilst I was 6'2 190lbs skinny fat. It's not some strict linear path exactly the same for everyone. OP if you go into the gym and can't even bench the bar don't let it get you down, just keep fucking going.

Attached: maskticky.webm (1000x800, 303K)

Low IQ powershitter. 20kg can be more than enough to put on some size if you train smart and go hard on isolations. You don't need "the big threeeeeee!" if you are just looking to build muscle. Not everyone wants to be a farting, fat, powerlifting pig.

fucking told

>go hard on isolations
What do you mean by this? I've heard to avoid isolations, do you mean I should do them?
t. OP

Attached: 1563966784550.jpg (474x381, 25K)

You can do a lot as a beginner even with minimal stuff. You should also buy a pullup bar and some bands for pull apart and face pulling (unironically). The only problem with that Decathlon DB is that it takes just Decathlon weights (you can use a file if you want to mount them on a standard DB).

Now you can start a routine with basic movements like floor press, OHP, rows, goblet squats, side and front deadlifts (try side unilateral). Throw in some curls and skullcrushers for arm. Don't neglect weighted carries: farmer walks, suitcase walks, waiter walks...Rinse and repeat. Spend time learning proper form and you won't get injured when you eventually will outgrown your starter set. Consistency is the key. Godspeed user!

Go for it fren

it's a start user. I started with bells and a bench. get a pull up bar next.

Isolations are not as time efficient as compound lifts (OHP, bench press, chinups, squat, deadlift) for putting on lots of muscle. This is because compounds work multiple mucle groups at the same time (i.e. pectorals and triceps for bench press), and allow you to move significantly more weight than isolations. They also engage lots of stabilizing muscles, which is basically like free gains if you compare compounds to isolating the individual primary movers of a lift.

That's a cool as fuck weight set.
I'm jelly.

The case is pointless though. Might as well throw it away if you are using your weights often enough.

I guess it makes for a good travel case to bring your gainz on the road

This

Started with pic related like 20 years ago.

When I encountered this problem ( )...
>not enough weight
I had idea to just put the weights into a sturdy canvas duffel bag I had laying around.

Suddenly was able to do upwards of 80lb bent over rows and using "bitch weight" dumbbells.

First step is to find out the maximum loads you can place on your muscles.

Attached: 20190827_092053.jpg (1624x1244, 1.37M)

Thanks, very helpful, so for now I should just do all compounds?

Get a pullup bar too.

He doesn't have a barbell or a rack, he only has dumbbells so he can't do these compound lifts. Therefore, isolation work is his only option.

Wish you well user, bought same thing and don't regret it at all. Remember you can always buy a barbell and more weights. Max is 20kg "overhead" - which means the clippers can stand 10kg on each side when vertical. (You need to shake the dumbbell rather furiously for them to come off) - and 60 kg when the dumbbell is horizontal. The clippers will be able to stand more weight if you wrap some duct tape around the dumbbell bar at the place you put them. Wish you only the best user, we're all gonna make it!

Because you don't have enough weight on that to get a proper curl, dumbell fly, ohp, bent over row, or skull crusher.

You can maybe get 5 of Arnie's golden 6 out of that and maybe an okay squat start with some solid dumbells, but that's bitch weight and you'll easily outpace that cheap chinkshit set.

Attached: 1538236309600.jpg (619x789, 138K)

Do you need a rack or barbell to pick up some weight from the fucking ground and push it over your head?

This.

Based and redpilled.

Oh!

Bro!

Before you go any further...

Get these!

This is the DLC for dumbbells.
They make the grip thicker and harder to hold onto. This will train your forearms and grip strength.

If you START by using these, you will be much stronger than someone who doesnt use them.
Free gainz that you would otherwise lose out on.

If you feel like grip strength is holding you back on a specific set, you'll always know that you can just take it off to "make it easier". This is an advantage that not everyone has.

This will set you up for progressing to pullup bar, rows, and deadlifts easier.

Attached: 20190827_093551.jpg (1756x963, 1.2M)

Thanks for all your advice man, I'll see where I can get those

Lateral raises is really all you need to do

Floor press the whole case

Bulgarian split squats the whole case each leg

Shoulder press the whole case

One armed row the whole case

Reach these goals for 3 sets of 10 OP and you should graduate and be ready for heavier loads. Fuck these guys who bring you down, you don't need that kind of negativity in life

This.

Based if you bought those because you had no access to gym but cringe if you bought them because you're afraid of going to the gym. You better get a pull up bar as well if you're gonna be working out at home. Check scooby's home workouts. He mostly has exercises that you can do with dumbbells at home and meal planner on his website. Also check out athleanx. He's been releasing vids on dumbbell only exercises for each body part. Good luck user

Attached: 949F063E-3C7D-4C68-A93C-56E0D6858866.jpg (1004x600, 75K)

Based decathlon. You should buy a second hand bench and a barbell from decathlon.

I just wrap a towel around the handles

Fuck the haters OP, I bought a pair of threaded dumbbells and a bunch of cheap weights at a thrift shop when I first started, and I still use them on days where I don't have the time or don't feel like going out to the gym. You can always buy more/heavier weights as you progress.

Decathlon's very based indeed.

bench press is the best gauge of RAW PHYSICAL STRENGTH. you only downplay this because you're a pudgy, weak little shit of a manlet with an equally embarrassing bench press.

nobody gives a shit that you can bounce your morbidly obese gut off of your legs for your little bullshit wide stance "squat". nobody cares about your 5 inch ROM sumo "deadlift".

bench. press. is. king.

When I started lifting I used gallon milk jugs full of water. If I needed more weight I would tape more together. Eventually a handle ripped on one, then I got a gym membership lol

Is that the fucking decathlon kit? Lmaoooo

Ohp mogs bench you faggot.
And so do rows and chin ups.

Tbh with only 40kg on the bench if you do the movement powerfully with a lot of reps you can easily get to the point that normies would consider big

>3plate bench
>Cannot complete one single pullup

Attached: tumblr_mw9zmluWK31qbrivdo1_400.gif (400x289, 1.81M)

I can bench 2pl8 for reps but I can only do a single pull-up. I might be able to get 2 if I went in totally fresh. Being fat blows.

You could also fuck these things

git gud OP

Attached: A27E3870-8650-4E16-9E33-96CA904E0A60.jpg (2805x2806, 2.26M)

Nice pasta

More like Bowel reflex

>$300 for a pair of dumbbells
I know they're probably convenient, but jeez.

The world cares about oly lifts and doesnt care about bench press for....reasons.

Attached: 1561819293127.webm (640x640, 1.71M)

If I don't mind making the purchase once just for the convenience/space, are these worth it? Are they sturdy/last long?

Be careful with those suicide clips

wait what? do you adjust the weight by turning the dial? what is this witchcraft?

Post body

Post body

these are worth it to me. I bought a workout bench for $50 off craigslist and do pullups at my local park for a complete workout. I’m only joining the gym when I’ve made it so i can smash thots

link to buy that

turning the dial releases the weird shapes plates.

It's a mass effect field, I ain't gonna explain shit

Attached: 1538855724670.jpg (800x1097, 313K)

user. You will make it. Fuck the naysayers give it your all bro.

they were $500

>getting a clamp kit and not a screwing kit

I work out at my gym because of my gymbros and it's got really good Eleiko racks/bars/plates, but I wish I had a dumbbell rack at home for more isolations. I'm usually pretty beat after my compounds because I do 9 tier one sets and 8 tier two sets every workout, so I tend to rush the tier three sets. I'm very limited on space though, so I wanna buy something similar to those you've got. Just worried if they break easy.

I know they're pretty nice, but when I think about how much equipment I could buy for $500 I just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger.

Also they're only $250 on Amazon and $299 at Dick's, so you way overpaid lol.

i bought at dicks. 299 and the stand is 150

have had them over a year no breaks. just dont slam them like a retard and you’ll be fine

Just work you muscle groups, acclimatize yourself to working out and then worry about shit later. Also, do this at the gym.

stronglifts.com/5x5/

clamps go on 10x faster. Who the fuck would opt for screws

>Just worried if they break easy.
shits plastic it'll break eventually

The first time I used those thing I manage to kill my forearms like never before, I even use them on my pull up bar now

You should get a pullup bar and rings. Or pullup bar and dip bars, but rings will go a longer way. Light dumbbells on their own are shit for everything, but you can use them to make calisthenic exercises a bit harder before you move on to harder calisthenics variations.
If you want to make it with free weights, an adjustable rack, a barbell and weights (4 20kg, 2 10kg, 2 5kg, 2 2.5kg and 2 1.25kg will be enough for the first year or so but you should be looking to eventually buy another 4 20kg and sub-kilo microplates) as well as a bench and safety stands later on.
You cannot and will not ever become big lifting babyweight. Ever. But you don't need to row the dumbbell, you can do pull-ups with in between your feet

Based decathlon customer

what do you think 100 pounds of plastic looks like

Forgot to mention, the bar should be olympic and good quality if you're serious about but the plates can be used if you need to save money. There's no reason beyond aesthetics to buy brand new plates, provided the used ones aren't completely falling apart.
Also, in addition to pullup bar and rings, firm elastic bands are extremely useful and versatile if you need to work out well for little money
Iirc part of the mechanism is plastic. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link

If you take lifting heavy seriously you will outgrow those dumbells in a few months. However if you want to do high rep isolations you could use them for a long while. Don’t be a pussy and get yourself a gym membership soon. Everyone has to start somewhere.

that's fucking adorable where can I buy it

look up hypertrophy routines since at those weights you'll quickly outgrow other routines.
Also start on a cut, that'll also ensure that you'll not outgrow them too quickly. Get all the excess fat off your body and be thin. You'll look good even if you don't put on a lot of muscle.