Is running and cardio healthy?

Is running and cardio healthy?

As I read a bunch of studies that suggest the stress on your heart causes maraton runners to die from heart attacks.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6139872/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3298928

Also, I joined a running club and everyone there looks weak and emasculated. So it seems like running will make you look worse in general.

Is there a way to run and not have the negative effects from running?

Is there a way to run and not become weak and small?

Is running healthy?

Attached: running.jpg (960x1200, 115K)

retard or good bait

If all you do is run, you will adopt the body of someone who only runs.

You will never be the fastest person in your running club if you have a significantly higher BMI, though. That's just physics. Moderate your activities.

Attached: 1560194516005.webm (700x466, 901K)

No I literally started jogging three months ago. The problem is my heart races after I wake up the next day after a long run.

I went to the doctor and he said that isn't normal and made me buy an Apple watch to monitor my heart rate.

It spikes a ton the day after I jog. Its also effecting my lifts, but that is another problem.

Do HIIT with sprints and incline power walks.

Be a sprinter not a shambler

Attached: Sprinter-vs-Jogger-e1453588016896.png (547x441, 71K)

Are we still doing this meme?

Left: USA
Right: Euroshit

pretty sure the nigger is wearing a union jack

That's Dwain Chambers, he was banned for using THG.

human body is designed to run, and run long distances at that

What kind of shill, faggot doctor makes their patient buy an apple watch?

Attached: icyou.jpg (733x733, 88K)

Just don't run a marathon a day and you'll be fine

HIIT seems to get all health benefits of cardio but I still imagine someone who does jogging will get better stamina? So in that case depends entirely what your goal is

>be american
>get apple watch prescription from doctor

Running long distance is literally humankind's greatest evolutionary advantage, of course it's healthy you faggot.

>i don't want to lift because i'm afraid i'll turn into a bodybuilder
>i don't want to run because i'm afraid i'll run marathons

>sprinting turns you into a nigger
wtf I love jogging now

>be American
>have companies who have more worth than most yuropoor countries

My father is 74 and hes been running all his life, sub 3 hour marathon at peak.He healthmogs other people his age and his only problem is pain in one leg.We still go for a jog sometime and you should do cardio if you want to be healthy, dont let anyone fool you.

>made me buy an Apple watch to monitor my heart rate

Attached: 1559744310219.jpg (416x308, 17K)

because you're such a fucking fat pig and never ran in your god damn life your heart is working overtime to regulate yourself due to your piece of shit life style

>running 26 miles is bad for you so you shouldn't run 1-5 miles

Also, sprinting and HITT isn't always better. They are harder to recover from and kind of suck to do first thing in the morning and can effect lifting later. Also more of an effect of cortisol.

An easy 1-2 mile jog fasted in the morning takes hardly any time and is pretty good for effecting hormones and saitity. Plus 100-250 calories extra burnt a day.

Exercise like cardio has a cap to how much a week is healthy. I think it's 7 hours. Past that your body starts degrading. Usually they train past that. Cardio is good for you so long as you don't overdo it. Even if you do lose muscle mass doing it, ultimately your lifespan and health is more important.

walking is better

>See none of the benefits of that money

i know, gieskies!

Also the one on the right is asian.

this

Running isn't the best choice to get fit.

Fucktons of cardio will eat your body down to nothing. And you're not going to have much muscle mass at all.

>Oh but I'm not going to do marathons

Ok, sure, cardio is healthy. Obviously you're not going to look good just running though. You have to lift too.

>Oh ok so lift and run, neat

Hold on you little shit. Just because cardio is healthy doesn't mean you should run. Question is what's the best form of cardio?

Oh. Not running.

>20-80% injury rate a year running. A YEAR. It's a fraction of 1% for competitive powerlifting.

You can pretend everyone else running is an idiot and you're magically super special and these numbers don't apply to you. Guess what, that's a cognitive bias called base rate neglect.

Follow ANY group of runners and it's not hard to see the absurd injury rates. The whole community is a MASSIVE cope, with people discussing the sprains, tears, fractures, plantar fasciitis, whatever that they're CONSTANTLY dealing with.

Then you've got the cumulative risk of being hit by a car or getting melanoma. That's small, but when we're talking about doing something basically every day for the rest of your life they're odds to consider.

Returning to first principles the real question is "What's the best way to improve my health through physical activity?" Running ain't it. Walk uphill inside, stationary bike, swim.

>Running isn't the best choice to get fit.
Depends what your goals are

>Fucktons of cardio will eat your body down to nothing. And you're not going to have much muscle mass at all.
Well yeah. If gaining muscle is your goal running a lot ain't gonna help unless you're trying to cut. So again, depends on your goals.

>injury spiel
This isn't as clear cut as you make it seem.

there are cheaper less gay options user...

Attached: MicrosoftTeams-image.jpg (750x319, 26K)

humans are made to run bro. The modern shoe industry is to blame for the injuries.

I’m trying to implement cardio into my non gym days by doing HIIT. Problem is I can barely do 5 minutes without wanting to stop. Anybody got any routine for a beginner and somebody who wants to lose fat?

Attached: marathon_sprinter1.jpg (299x296, 19K)

Jesus even a jogger on THG looks like THAT?!

an apple watch instead of a real heart monitor? fuck off with your b8

Couch 2 5K
If you weigh more than 250 lbs don't do anything just diet until you get to 200 lbs then do it.

that's because they're all plant based.
keto adapted runners excel.

I used to jump rope in 2-3minute intervals and in between those I lifted weights or was doing bodyweight excercises.

Not true. Did you ever watch those "le hunter gatherers used to run their preys down using endurance!!!!!!" videos?
Look at them. They don't run.
They walk, and sometimes they do very short sprints.

>stress on your heart causes you to die

dude thats the best way to go

Pretty sure it says Finland right there on his shirt

>Pretty sure it says Perkele right on his shirt
FTFY

Attached: C98E5290-4E15-43E5-8489-9D9C2ECEE925.jpg (1242x1221, 1.12M)

You need to condition yourself slowly user...

idk. i just do 5-30 mile walk/hikes when i can and sprint once a week.

do i have to be a nigger?

>Running long distance is literally humankind's greatest evolutionary advantage
maybe if you look like this and no arms

Attached: 1511413902149.png (768x752, 88K)

most accurate description of Jow Forums mentality

The injury rate is exactly because people run like idiots. It's not bias when emperical evidence exists to support it. You can run for ages if you maintain proper form and slowly build up mileage. Running's low barrier of entry compared to powerlifting ensures a lot of retards jump and and injure themselves due to bad practice.

ffs, dont do HIIT when you have no aerobic base. HIIT is a great addition to your LISS cardio workout. Doing just HIIT, especially when you're fat and have no endurance is a surefire way to get injured.

tl;dr version: fat manlet does mental gymnastics to justify being a lazy tub of shit that looks like shit and has shit lifts

No, retards who cant run properly are to blame

>made me buy an Apple watch to monitor my heart rate.
OH SAY CAN YOU SEEEEEE

>he's not chasing thots until exhaustion
It's almost as if you were an evolutionary dead end.

Nice user, it may be worth getting.thst leg pain looked at by an osteo/physio - keep in mind that along with muscle mass and grip strength, leg strength is an indicator or longevity. If you want your dad living a healthy long life try and convince him to get that sorted, just thought it was worth mentioning.

Yes your mom was and still is addicted to the bbc

In moderation, yes.

Personally, I prefer walking and kettlebell swings.

Don't do hiit. Just run slowly for 20-30 minutes. You won't be exhausted. You can recover more easily. It'll help you lose weight as long as you have your diet under control. Eat enough protein so you won't lose your gains and keep lifting.

>Is there a way to run and not have the negative effects from running?
Don't run marathons if you're so concerned

>So it seems like running will make you look worse in general.
OP you're stupid. They don't lift. If you lift and run you'll look just fine.

>Is there a way to run and not become weak and small?
Lift. You can do both you know. Novel idea, I know.

>Is running healthy?
Yes. If done correctly you have nothing to worry about.

thats not even true, i dont think any country is worth less than any american company

>what is Moldova

Well he said most. Also, how do you even calculate the "worth of a country". moldova might be worth more than apple still