What belt do you use

And why is it a spud?

Attached: spud-inc-deadlift-belt-web6.jpg (1000x653, 126K)

I use an old $5 belt from a used sporting good store because I'm not an insecure faggot obsessed with brand names and fancy shit I don't need.

Is a belt necessary? I understand the concept but at what point can you wear one and not look like an idiot.

How much do you deadlift? Cheap belts tend to show you why they are cheap above 300lbs in my opinion.

As soon as possible if you don't want back issues later in life. If you think you look more of an idiot lifting with a belt that in a wheelchair then it's your decision

Depends on you. As you get older the hydraulic support is nice.

Ratchet, velcro, single post, double, double ply, triple, leather? What you got and why?

if you get back issues without a belt you most certainly will get back issues with a belt

How do you figure? Do you know how a belt works?

yea

I have a Titan 13 mm lever and a Wahlanders 13 mm quick release

Belts increase torso rigidity allowing for more efficient power transfer, but they aren't going to keep you from getting back problems. They don't protect your back in any way, shape or form.

So you don't think increased hydraulic pressure around the spine during compressive lifts not only stabilizes but also protects the spine?

I have 13mm Pioneer cut belt from General Lethercraft. It's pretty good

No because it doesn't protect your spine from compression at all, just potentially helps with the shear forces a bit. But a belt will not prevent you from rounding or getting a back injury as many people have gotten back injuries, with or without a belt.

The same principles are used in wrist and knee wraps. Pressing into a belt increase abdominal pressure stabilizing the spine. All of this is a saftey improvement over nothing.

Nobody is saying you can lift injury free without a belt regardless of form. They are just saying a belt will help with injury prevention provided you still use good form

"wearing a belt during weightlifting increased intra-abdominal pressure by up to 40 percent, while one study reported that compression of the intervertebral discs was reduced by 50 percent. Increasing intra-abdominal pressure is similar to inflating a balloon inside your abdominal cavity. The pressure inside the abdominal cavity pushes on the spine to support it from the inside, while the core muscles in the abdominal wall and lower back push on the spine from the outside. This inside and outside pressure acts to stabilize the spine and reduce the stress it receives when lifting heavy weights. This is how lifting belts can help to protect against back injuries during lifting. It's not due to the belt supplying the support, it's due to the way that the body reacts to the belt that supplies the spinal support."

They're not even close to the same thing. The goal of wrist or knee wraps is to cast the joint to be immovable, while the main function of a belt is to give you something to brace against. If you think that knee wraps are good for joint health then I have some disappointing news for you

>One study
How many participants? What was the make up of those participants? How were these values determined?

You clearly don't know what you are talking about. Hydraulic pressure is the principle behind wrapping. Good day mam.

>Hydraulic pressure
Last time I checked, the valsalva maneuver doesn't involve using fluids.

>Don't know what I'm talking about
You've clearly never used wrist or knee wraps in your life if you think they give you something to brace against or have anything to do with internal pressure lmfao. Wrist wraps are to cast the wrist and make it immoveable, knee wraps are to get as tight as possible, so they resist as much movement as possible, so they store and release more elastic energy as a result.

You might be actually retarded.

t. Weakling who doesn't lift and has no clue what he's talking about

You don't even seem to know what hydraulic pressure means. Just go away subterranean bridge monkey.

Please be bait

Attached: Screenshot_20190827-174738.png (1440x2560, 732K)

My point proven.

>This moron thinks storing elastic energy in wraps and hydraulic pressure are equivalent
>Also thinking that bracing by diaphragmatically breathing air is hydraulic in nature
Holy fuck lmao

Attached: Screenshot_20190827-175303.png (1440x2560, 627K)

Last I checked dingus there is fluid in the spine, wrist and knee joints. That compression created in the abdominal cavity, by wraps on the knee and wrist create force on that liquid. Liquid not being compressible... causes and increased hydraulic pressure protecting the joint in question and minimizing the ability of the joint to move in conjunction with the external force.
How you managed to survive this long is beyond me but keep your retarded fucked up and horribly wrong opinions to yourself.

>Fluid in spine
Try bracing your core after exhaling all of your air. It's ineffective, because the fluid in your body isn't what supports your spine, it's the air you inhaled.

>Fluid in wrists and knees
That's not what causes them to work though, otherwise a barely tight band would work just the same as wraps. But it doesn't, because they work by casting the joint on the virtues of the strength of the material, its resistance to being stretched, and how tightly the wraps are bound around the joint. Try using some wrist and knee wraps some time, then you'll know what you're actually talking about.

Just stop. You are literally to stupid to hold a conversation.

>Doesn't rebut my points because he can't
>INSTANTLY REPLIES
HOLY FUCK THE DAMAGE CONTROL LMAOOOO

The tighter you wrap, the greater the hydraulic pressure. What a fucking numpty. The same for the abdominal area. It may not be why your pussy ass wears 3ply suit, wrist, knee and belt, but it is what has protected your back, wrist and knee joints. Fucktard.

You have made no point worth touching. Your childlike grasp on the concepts we are discussing can be found in the advertising they box wraps come in contains.

Once again, your point is immediately disproven after just thinking about it for two seconds. If what you claimed were the case, then people would wear belts as tight as possible. But they don't, because wearing a belt too tight is detrimental to bracing. Speaking of too tight, the reason why knee wraps are detrimental to joint health is due to causing improper movement of the patella.

If you genuinely believe that wraps work through hydraulic pressure when there's not a single academic resource that would support that thought, then you're stupider than I am

Nobody could possibly be stupider than you without being monitored 24/7.
Your argument is that if I am correct then people would just crank up the pressure because that "must" be better. Lol. Fuck off with that stupid shit. That would be the same thing as saying more hydrolic pressure is always better. That's stupid. The pressure exceeds the vessel and you have an issue. You really should stop.
Literally posted a quote from medical research that supports the claim while using a belt.
Fuck off in any direction, I am done with you.

How many potions can you carry with that thing you fucking nerd?

Jow Forums is the only fitness forum on the internet where they'll seriously argue that a belt isn't useful for lifting.

>Your argument is that if I am correct then people would just crank up the pressure because that "must" be better.
Because in the case of wraps, it is. The tighter you wrap, the stronger the cast, the more elastic potential energy stored and released. It also applies to belts, because the more support for your torso rigidity, the better force transfer will be. And wearing a belt too tight inhibits your ability to brace because air is what is primarily used as support when bracing, not intracellular fluid.

t. Unable to read because no one claimed this

This is your dumb as fuck statement I was responding to.
"If what you claimed were the case, then people would wear belts as tight as possible."
This is my response.
"Your argument is that if I am correct then people would just crank up the pressure because that "must" be better"
You are a fucking moron. That does not even hold true in machines that utilize hydraulic pressure. The parts can only take so much before the effect is a negative one. You have zero clue what you are arguing against. You think this is an either or situation and that is hysterical.

Your epic retarded ass tried to say belts offer no saftey benefits to the spine. A fucking scientific study was posted that showed they not only did but if you could fucking read you would see hydraulic pressure actually played a part. The same pressures help protect the wrist when it is wrapped tight as the fluids inside pressurized. Same for the knees. The fact whoever fondled you in the gym explained why you use wraps and how they help your lift but skipped over how they help protect you internally is frustrating. Because now we have to deal with you vomiting stupidity into the world.

>Parts can only take so much before the effect is a negative one
But you have less pressure with a tighter belt you dingus. Because like I said, you rely on air for your brace, not body fluids.

>Wraps
If what you said were true then stiffer wraps wouldn't be used for a stronger squat over stretchy ones, but they are, because they resist movement more and allow you to get more weight out of them in the case of knee wraps and keep the wrist in position in the case of wrist wraps. Post lifts and experience, because all I'm getting from this exchange is that you have none.

Who said it would be better to have a tighter belt? Nobody. You are arguing against yourself, not the points I have made.

If what I have said is true then there is an optimal amount of pressure that can be applied via wrap that will maximize the hydraulic effect for helping prevent injury that has absolutely nothing to do with knee wrap choice for maximizing a squat.

You are a stupid stupid man. That means you are fat. That means you don't do anything without triple ply.

Der, your brace actually creates hydraulic pressure of your spinal fluid. It is the belt that allows the internal pressure to get that high because without it the elastic nature of the vessel, your fat body, would just expand outwardly.
When you try to think do you get mad?

same

Do you find leather is uncomfortable compared to canvas? Have you used both for heavy deadlifts?

I bought this inzer belt and i really like the lever. Just arrived today and going to test it out tomorrow.

But even just doing a valsalva with a body squat i can already how stable my core feels

Attached: Inzer-lever-belt-logo_4940c25b-567c-4621-b8dd-707dcbe7ed88.jpg (1013x1013, 94K)

ive never had issues with leather belts, but I can see how some sizes can dig into your body. Depending on your proportions you will have to experiment with different sizes and widths.

>Not the points I have made
You stated that the hydraulic pressure is what protects you from injury. I stated that a big belly breath from diaphragmatically breathing is what protects you from injury. Now do you get it, you moron?

>XDDDDDD U FAT

The big belly breath presses against the belt that leaves nowhere for the pressure to go. As water does not compress that creates hydrolic pressure of the fluid around the spine.
I think you are inbred. Its definitely genetic

At what point should i start using a belt?

Im currently squatting 185
>dyel
But i did feel a sharp pain in the front of my knee today when i was doing a set.
When i corrected my form it went away though.

My spine also sometimes feels really compressed after i do a heavy set. Almost to the point that i need to lie down before i start again.

So should i use a belt to mitigate an injury or should i wait till the weight gets higher?
Or am i just doing it wrong?

I don't think you have the mental capacity to actually follow the conversation. Perhaps if you were to go fuck yourself we could all move on once the IQ of the room jumps dramatically as you exit.

Did you warm up? What % of your ORM is that? Just put a belt on. Not for warm ups and sub 50% ORM. But 60% ORM sure.

Or maybe it's the air that's under pressure, not the intracellular fluid, given that the air is the biggest factor for bracing, and that when a brace is performed normally, that air also gets pressurized

Whenever you feel that you need one, just don't cheap out

Someone still hasn't posted their lifts and training experience yet, really makes me think

I was doing like 135 and i did warm up.

Im thinking i just had bad form was all it was. But i was really afraid i was going to hurt my acl or something

And it was likr 75-80% btw

Ive just heard from other people that you don't need the belt because it teaches you to have bad form and stuff
But until now i was never big enough to wear one

>ex skelly

U might as well break off the locking mechanism of a jerrycan

Attached: ultrakek.jpg (536x284, 40K)

These belts are highly rated and i don't get the joke