/fat/ - Give Up Edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For roly poly round boys who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant in that you should have already but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them.
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories.
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate.
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables.
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking.
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
>be a retard

Previous Thread:

Attached: B62899BE-9D3D-4F5B-A289-8F100EF0E70F.jpg (983x758, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rationalwiki.org/wiki/ECA_stack
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Confess your sins

Attached: 74E4C4C3-B183-4BD9-8370-65A040ED4759.png (900x1720, 2.05M)

Got held up at work so ended up working close to 11 hours
This is going to screw my sleep schedule up for the night unless I skip lifting for lunch for tomorrow and out of the 3 sleep is the one that is least damaging to sacrifice I think
Still pissed about it though

I ate a 400-500 calories deficit(REALLY CAREFUL ON COUNTING), or in other words: I ate at my BMR
I walked/ran 5km a day, drank alot of water, lifted, cut out sugar and drinking calories (except for whey/casein)
And I’ve done that since 10th of August

I ONLY LOST 2KG WATER WEIGHT IN THE FIRST 3 DAYS, WHICH I LATER REGAINED AFTER I TOOK CREATINE. OTHERWISE MY WEIGHT HASNT CHANGED WHATSOEVER

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Attached: B6D51502-6855-4767-8C32-05972036FAEA.jpg (750x546, 147K)

Lifting or making* lunch for tomorrow

>Feel guilty after cheat meal
>Went heavier than I should've
>Been procrastinating about running for a few hours
>Decide to finally do it, because it's getting late
>Tell myself I can beat my 1 mile record time of 7:27
>Shitload of steep hills, and it's humid as fuck
>No fucking way I'm beating the record
>Finish in 7:05
I'm gonna make it bros!

Attached: 1563754750005.png (723x752, 42K)

I'm currently at a point in my weight loss where my old pants are too big but cheap pants are still too small. Can't tuck my shirts in because my jeans look ridiculous all bunched up around the waist.

Hey fatty, weight loss takes longer than 3 days.

Just wear a belt to keep the trousers up mate.
I've lost enough now that none of my mine fit, but I can't justify buying intermediate pants, because this time i'm actually going to make it.

I stopped eating at a deficit. I literally gave up, but for some reason I have not bloated up back to my super obese levels. My BMI is 28 and I'm 5'8.

have been fasting for 3 weeks now, only lost 7kg in the first week, stayed at 107 kg for the 2 weeks now, do cardio and lift weights but nothing changed after the initial loss, gonna try fasting for another month if i don't loose atleast 5 kg in the next month i'm trying something new, i'm 6'1 nobody cares

Attached: SL7jSCQUv5RAnTjBlqRI9mvLTAi__wfccuu4v5TVQfI.jpg (581x457, 50K)

That's what I did, had to buy a new belt because my old one was too big.

Holy fuck cardio is so boring.

thinking of how good you will look after loosing weight from that cardio usually makes it more interesting for me... also counting seconds helps me not get bored

Stationary cardio is boring. I stopped using my treadmill unless the weather was too shitty to walk outside.

I plan on going from 220 to 180 in 90 days.

Plan is to do One Meal a Day with a well rounded dinner of chicken, high nutrient vegetables, and rice, with a side of a multivitamin protein shake.

Oh and a cup of black coffee in the morning to hold me over and stem my cravings.

Activity goal is to do 60 minutes of medium to high intensity indoor cycling 6 days out of the week. But starting today my ass was hurting by the 40 minute mark and had to stop, I plan on improving on that.

Think it's possible bros? I think it sounds pretty solid.

pretty solid plan in my opinion, but why not lift weights alongside that, 3 months of the basic push, pull, legs will make you look much better and help you loose more weight

I only have 2 20lb dumbells at home. Nothing else. And my work/social schedule really doesn't allow for gym time.

I only eat 12-8 for the past 2 months or so. Never was much of a breakfast eater though. Im 6 foot. Went from 205 to 195. I drink and dont workout at the moment

>cut calories
>lose weight
>10 pounds later weight stays exactly the same

There was no reason for this

i have 200 calories for a dessert
what should i have?
context:
>1500 cal daily
>already ran 2 miles and played racquetball for over an hour combined
my eating window closes in ten minutes

So, you can only gain weight through weightlifting on a calorie surplus...

And weightlifting on a calorie deficit results in muscle retention and fat loss...

So if I'm trying to lose weight and weightlifting while I do it, if I overeat on a given day, (to a certain extent) will I just gain it as muscle? Is weightlifting overeating insurance?

fucking muscles, how do they work

Has anyone else done an EC stack?
I lost five pounds already in a few days

rationalwiki.org/wiki/ECA_stack

I’m not even that fat, just impatient

If you can't even think of something you want on your own, then don't eat anything, you fat retard.

living in a dorm and don't have a scale anymore, so my only indication of progress is looking in the mirror

honestly this is how weight loss should be, it is much more based this way

You’re boring. Listen to some intense music and push yourself.

carrot sticks and spinach

only if you lift heavy, otherwise you won't build shit and get fatter

listen to a new album or a podcast

it can't be that much worse than shitposting on Jow Forums

Went from 220lbs to 170lbs just checked today. 50lbs lost bros in about a year. 4 months of that was intense lifting.
Cut sugar, eat healthy, lift heavy, calorie deficit and get that protein.
We’re all gonna make it, bros.

anyone have any ideas for a good low calorie sauce/dip for celery sticks? trying to snack on them but eating them plain is rough

good for you buddy

do not dip your vegetables in fat you retard

you can do vinegar based hot sauce, season them, or you can mix them with other vegetables

>do not dip your vegetables in fat you retard
That wasn't what I meant you fucking asshole
>you can do vinegar based hot sauce
that is what I was looking for, thanks

don't give up
losing weight is a bumpy ride but you'll get there eventually, be consistent and patient and you will lose weight

This 100%
Patience, consistence and discipline.

mix a packet of ranch powder into greek yogurt. it's not really like ranch dressing, but it's pretty good and has protein

>I'm not a different person after three days reee
textbook ngmi

ill write that down thank you user

Look up greek yogurt tzatziki sauce. If the recipe calls for oil just omit it. Flavors are great and goes well with veggies and other things.

This method is also okay but you gotta keep in mind some of the ranch flavor packets don't have the best calories.

Attached: Tazeeky.jpg (533x800, 175K)

maybe youre retaining water in equal proportion to the amount of fat you're burning.

>only lost 7kg in the first week
That's a lot.

6 cloves of garlic blended and added to mayo with a dash of water is tasty for dipping meats and veggies

But, if I do lift heavy I'm building muscle that will help get my momentum going, right?

fat is not your enemy, carbs are
you don't have to omit oil in recipes

the oil is still excess calories
it adds flavor, but tzazzkskiza doesn't need it.

the fats will satiate you faster, making you eat less anyway

ok retard
put oil in your takzaki sauce.

>that user constantly saying retard
damn that guy is so cool and not at all compensating

Attached: u.jpg (906x1200, 59K)

eat less carbs

pick a vegetable that doesn't taste so horrible

Slice cabbage into /steaks/ and fry it in your rendered meat fat

I try to eat like 10k calories a week,But I like to eat like ~1000 calories a day and have huge meals on sunday(~3000kcal total), if I mantain this defict can I get away with this?

have sex

dialate

A-am i going to make it /fat/?

Attached: Screenshot_20190827_213827.png (1127x539, 33K)

Damn I know that feel. I've been stalled the same weight for the past month.

he lost 7 lbs in 8 weeks, almost a pound per week
very respectable numbers, would hardly call it stalling

But no progress for a month afterwards.

oh I see, nevermind

>7 pounds in 8 weeks
>respectable
That’s pretty damn slow. It’s better than staying or gaining I guess, but if you did things properly, you’d have lost twice that weight or more in the same time frame.
Yeah that could work. Though it depends on your TDEE and how fast you want to lose weight.

Can I make it or not user? I want to be 170lbs by November.

Attached: pepe_crying_covers_face.jpg (793x786, 54K)

respectable as in "your parents did a respectable job raising (you)"
doesn't automatically mean well or good, just like your parents job raising you

It's taken me about two years.
You are going to run into set points. Usually those are previous average weights you were at in teen years, 20's, etc.

You may need to refeed. As scary as it sounds throw alittle bit of water weight back on and get the metabolism up.
Get some nice dinners over the weekend with some friends, then hit it hard for a month.

Mix up the training. Do more HIIT and explosive training. Battle ropes, burpees, calisthenics, rowing machine (my personal favorite) all for time.
Even just rowing for twenty minutes 3 times a week is enough of a mixup hormonally to continue the weight loss.

You just need to change variables with the weight loss. Sometimes higher defecit or just introducing HIIT. Unironically go with your gut.

Forgot to post progress.
If anybody has any questions I'm down a 100lb and a terrible virginity that I carried through my teen years.

Attached: Screenshot_20190827-220421.png (720x1440, 637K)

I'm thinking about donating blood on thursday. Do I get to eat more after doing that?

Explain how many calories you’re eating per day. And post your TDEE.

I found a bag of Starburst FaveReds I'd bought months ago and had about 20 jellybeans. Not a big slipup, but I'm still not happy with myself. Forgive me, /fat/her.

making blood does not take a significant amount of calories.

You’re gonna make it.

Why is it so much easier for normans? I know normies who never do any cardio and they're lean as fuck

Im trying to consume 1500 calories and my tdee im not sure i'm 5'11 and the weight as you can see (also lift and do cardio)

How am I doing bros? I actually started at 245, but I had it in at 235 from another time I tried losing weight and left it there until I reached it

Attached: Screenshot_20190827-221517_MyFitnessPal.jpg (1080x2220, 289K)

I’m going to the state fair this week and I’m going to eat a lot of fried shit and sweets and I’m not even going to try to attempt to log any of it in MFP and I’m going to feel terrible about it and I’m going to go right back to eating chicken and lettuce

Log it. Look as you throw away progress. Maybe it'll make you think twice about getting so much.

Well? Please can i hit 170lbs by november?

Hunger is temporary
lifting is forever

Here are some tips:
>stay at or less than 1500 calories every day
>eat protein for every meal, it is very filling and will help you deal with the hunger
>drink plenty of water
>get some exercise, cardio of any form is good, do that 3-4 times a week
>chew gum to further help suppress appetite
Follow these steps and you’ll make it

I enjoyed my month of biking while watching Dragon Ball Super, but then I ran out of episodes. Finding something good to watch is the hard part.

Thing is I'm also lifting and trying to maintain my strength, sometimes i get extremely hungry and feel very weak on 1500cals.

cute soundbite but the opposite of reality
(yes I'm autistic)

>I found a bag of Starburst FaveReds

C-can I just sniff the bag?

When are you suppose to have re-feeds?

Attached: pink_wojak_morph.png (808x805, 598K)

I feel so depressed. I want to drink something with sugar and pretend that it's whiskey or some shit like that.

a cheat meal?
once every 4 weeks, something between deficit and maintenance works for me

you're better off with a shot of whiskey than a can of coke

Can I still drink sugar-free sodas? I fucking love Coke Zero, even when I'm not intentionally planning to lose weight.

best not to but it shouldn't impede your efforts to any significant degree

if you really want to kick it then try to wean yourself off it with black coffee or sparkling water

Nice one I also have stretch marks below the shoulder and on the belly like you have did they fade away now for you? I've lost about 40lbs in the past three months with cico and IF but no excercise aside from walking I'm not really sure where to start if I went to a gym.

I like coke zero as well, zero calories fuck it I know it's worse than water but sure tastes better.

I'm making it bros.

I was going to write up a huge post about what I've done, but I'm making it.
We're all gonna to make it.

In my case it's especially difficult to cut out that stuff because my workplace has free unlimited sodas. Thankfully they have plenty of sugar-free options; hell, I think the sugar-free sodas outnumber the regular sodas.

I should ask my boss about stocking sparkling water. I actually really love that stuff because the carbonation is usually stronger than soda, and I like the way it feels.

What should my end goal weight be? (5"10) stocky build

Depends how much muscle i think around 160-170lbs should be good

bmi of 20 to 25

no that spikes insulin which gives you like 4oo calories each time.

>wow you changed a hell of a lot!
>in a good way haha
(Old girl I knew from HS)
I have a date saturday with her, I'm making it bros