/bwg/ /bodyweight general/

/bwg/ /bodyweight general/

This is a thread dedicated to bodyweight workouts. Post your favorite and discuss your experience with them.

What are the benefits?
Is there anything to look out for?
How should they be incorporated into a regular workout regimen?

Attached: 99023r2j coiwebw.jpg (700x701, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scribd.com/document/356679137/18-Week-Training-Program-pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=yOIVejD7mQA
youtube.com/watch?v=0g6tVBdfsUw
youtube.com/watch?v=shb2sLhdZ8g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump + anyone incorporating gymnastic rings? what’s your current routine with them?

this one made me yak on Level III.

Attached: seal_bw0923.jpg (930x1316, 182K)

Here is something more standard if you want to do a standard upper lower split or a full body split.

dammit forgot the attachment

Attached: standard_bw0921.jpg (334x500, 48K)

bump

Attached: FB_IMG_1554339502220.jpg (1137x640, 67K)

For beginners. 3 supersets, 30 seconds per exercise and minimize rest between sets.

Attached: beginner_bw90239023.jpg (592x557, 49K)

here's a good hotel workout you can do on the road. I've had success with this. 8 supersets of 8 reps each. Minimize rest.

Attached: bw_travel_hotel2390.png (1396x1092, 1.11M)

What I did was:
- Make a list of exercises from the few infographics I found;
- Search YouTube for videos on how to do them properly, because I cannot really understand the exercises from picture;
- Search YouTube for variations of the exercises;
- Test each exercise and choose those which were plausible for me (I exercise at home, and cannot do some of the exercises like jumping jacks because of neighbors living downstairs).
- Come up with a routine that suits my needs. (For now I am jobless so I have like 16 hours at my disposal if I don't count sleep. So I just do sets throughout the day with regular breaks).

The main challenge that I found was how to actually mix the exercises properly, because I do them until muscle fatigue so I try to switch between abs, push ups, planks, legs.

Convict Conditioning is a very good book on bodyweight training/calisthenics.
It has helped me gain better overhead strength (as well as other things but i focused more on overhead cuz it's what i needed the most ).

it does take a more "strength training" aproach to it than a "condtioning" aproach as the name would sugest but it's still pretty good and i recomend it (plus it's one of the books recomended in the /sticky/ if i'm not mistaken)

Attached: red_panda.gif (250x281, 2M)

you can do this one at home. Add in a 3rd circuit with pullups, chinups, and dips if you have the equipment (same reps).

Attached: advanced_bw09329032.png (1053x1214, 765K)

scribd.com/document/356679137/18-Week-Training-Program-pdf

Body by rings is hands down the best routine I've ever run, which includes weights. You need a $20 ring set, and something to hang them on, like a door frame pull up bar.

I think the very slow tempo he prescribes for each exercise is what does the trick.

What I like about bodyweight is that recovery is a lot less. You can go 2 on and 1 off full body. Recovery is even faster if you include cardio. The only problem is that you need to go up in reps as you progress and eventually, which increases the time of the workout unless you decrease rest time.

Attached: Greek-Athlete-Thumb.jpg (1000x720, 102K)

there are many progressions you can do to increase intensity, though.

like with push ups you can move to one arm and then eventually to hand stand pushups

Anyone read convict conditioning ?
Its a really helpful book

Read this and cmass.
Want hypertrophy from calisthenics.
Wat do?

>hypertrophy
No idea what any of that means user I just started posting a week ago

I need to swap something out for squats for the time being because I'm getting surgery on my meniscus tomorrow so no squatting and no running for a couple months while I heal and do physical therapy. Then I get arthritis in my knee in 10 years. Shit sucks brehs
I'm thinking of trying to hit glutes or back. Anyone got any good results with exercises that don't use your knees too much that will hit those? I already do pull ups and bridges but I might have to axe the bridges too

Attached: 3dface.jpg (820x623, 79K)

Attached: hqdefault (2).jpg (480x360, 17K)

morning glories, supermans, lying abduction, leg extensions, donkey kicks, etc...

There's also the yes/no machine.

>scribd.com/document/356679137/18-Week-Training-Program-pdf
can you rehost this somewhere else please

Burpees white boy

burpees are just a meme

>morning glories
do you mean "good mornings"?

Attached: Tucker%20Carlson-1017-GQ-MOCA03-01.jpg (1600x2400, 742K)

Bump

donkey kick

Attached: bw_low_impact_donkey_kick230923.jpg (480x360, 25K)

for good mornings, pretend there's no bar. Or use very light weight

Attached: good_morning.jpg (1200x859, 210K)

for the ladies

extension of

Attached: bw_for_women0-23.jpg (1242x1215, 124K)

Can you show us another link

I don't want to add my cc

me like

Attached: Screenshot_20190827-234629_Chrome.jpg (1080x1030, 271K)

Attached: convict conditionong complete routine.jpg (3060x1628, 720K)

bump

Attached: hqdefault (3).jpg (480x360, 13K)

I suport this general.
I have nothing to contribute tho.
be starting bodyweight in september if my back contractures allow me.

How do I progress dips? How wide a grip should I take?

lads, I've devised a great exercise for delts and upper back.
And also for chest and front delts

postin actually challenging exercises
Youtube proper form before attempting. I just pinched my ulnar nerve a month ago due to shitty archer pullup & archer pushup form. Still recovering

Attached: calisthenics.png (1920x1080, 76K)

somebody please put an example on how to use this pic, I don't get it by myself.

Best bw workout book out there.
it includes bw exercises for all muscle groups with progressions and variations as well as different workout routines depending on your level. Also explains the progression system as well as general informal about diet and training.
switched to this after years of gym training and never looked back. Combine with a suspension trainer for even better overall stability gains and injury prevention.
also
>tfw you can crank out one handed push-ups to impress the ladies

Attached: images.jpg (212x237, 17K)

does it have advice on how to increase intensity for abs?

follow the progressions from top to bottom
color = skill level; just because an exercise is below another doesn't mean it's harder if the color is the same
some lifts are isometric holds for gymnasts which you might not be interested in but they're still fun to try & keep track of your progress

multiple lines per column mean that the exercises target different group - the legs column has a squat variant line & deadlift / hamstrings line

now give me back the silver spoon

Attached: hangInThere.jpg (480x960, 30K)

The exercises are divided into groups based on which part of your body they train. You start from the easiest exercises and progress further. You look up each exercise on Youtube to see how it works. For example starting from top left:
- German hang: youtube.com/watch?v=yOIVejD7mQA
Then you try it and see if you can master it. If you can, you move forward so next is
- Skin the Cat: youtube.com/watch?v=0g6tVBdfsUw

And you do this with every section and for one of them. Progress through out the colors, so your first program will be just doing the green exercises. When you get comfortable with that, you then incorporate green and blue ones. So in ways you are gamifying your exercise because you have a list of checkpoints which you have to follow.

Yes. Shit ton of abs exercises progressing from very easy to hard as fuck (windshield wipers for ex.) with different variations.
>protip: tabata training to show your abs who's boss.

I have no pull up bar, how do I stop being a backlet?

God that animal gif is cute
Hypertrophy = getting big muscles (not necessarily strong ones)

Did BW for 6 months before buying a pull up bar. There’s no better way to hit your back so just fucking buy one. I got mine for 5 dollars off facebook marketplace.

This

Problem is my apartment is weird and the doors don't have proper frames. Might just have to get a stand.

>Bought set of gymnastic rings from chingchongexpress
>Pirated body by rings program (thanks for the sharing with us, you disgusting mineralfag)
>though the first month of program was easy so I skip to the second
>can't even dip properly, because my hands are shaking like hell
Best $20 ever spent. Shit is legit

question. how are wring for the wrists? it looks like a lot off stress for them, but I could be wrong.

Don't know, man. Feels more natural than bar and you can adjust rings for your liking. But I never had problems with wrists in the first place.

question from antother user who doesn't have the tools or the right homespace for pull ups and chin ups.
Are tricep dips useful for the back? I've tried doing them and it seems the lats get activated, especially if I stay as back as possible.
I've been using the variant where I stick my ass as close as possible to the chair, the hands are on the very edge of the chair, and I don't bend the elbows, but sort of shrug up and down.
Or the opposite, push your ass back behind the hands. You can't bend your elbows very far, but it also activates the biceps and the pecs. It's a sort of weird frontal dips

nice infographics.
Feels good to be intermediate in most things. Nice way to show some eventual weaknesses.
How do I get into ring handstand? this feels extremely hard compared to normal ones (I can barely hold 15sec)

Also, at how many reps / secs of iso hold would you consider an exercise to be owned and the need to go for the next one?

This is a bump

this one is also good.

Attached: bw_butt_workout9032.png (614x794, 142K)

Building on This is a progression toward one arm pushups that worked for me.

Attached: one_arm_pushup_bw9023.jpg (1040x1406, 192K)

>back
>highlights traps
>shows lat exercises

Here is a progression toward muscle-ups on rings with some solid exercises included.

Attached: muscleup-1-625x4165-bw.jpg (625x4165, 482K)

Opinions on calisthenic movement on youtube?
their channel seems to have good stuff

one arm pull-ups in the same vein as

Attached: onearmpullup-bw.jpg (1049x3118, 299K)

>1/2 pull-up
That's sounds reetarded? What's the point of increasing strength in first half of rom? What about the other half?

Good point. Should probably be a step in between handling the second half of the rom. The progression is from beginner to one handed pull-up, so it assumes that anyone on that step can't enough full pull ups. My guess is that the second half is implied. Same with step 8.

You got a hi res?

4 times a week I do this with 3x running a week:

Pull up/Chin up alternating
Dips
Negative Rows
Pike pushup

BUMP
U
M
P

Sadly the animal lifts just for show
youtube.com/watch?v=shb2sLhdZ8g

Diamond push ups tend to work the area between your shoulder blades.
You can also try dumbbell press in front of a mirror, while standing or sitting upright. Make sure your elbows do not fall down because they tend to do it. If you have no dumbbells just fill 2L bottles with water, or sand if you want something heavier.

Here you go. High res version of

Attached: bw_workout_generic_high_res9032.jpg (1003x1500, 255K)

Another progression for human flag

Attached: human_flag_progression320923.jpg (300x891, 68K)