Tell Jow Forums i’m not progressing well with lifts or muscle

>Tell Jow Forums i’m not progressing well with lifts or muscle
>”Dude just eat more lmao”
>Do that
>Just get fatter
What the fuck do I do Jow Forums? When I try to bulk I feel like I just gain more fat when I already hate the way my body looks. But when I cut I have a harder time improving my lifts which are already really shit so it just gets me very upset. It’s coming to the point that i’m embarrassed to tell people if i go to the gym or not cause I don’t look like I do at all. I just want somebody to tell me what to do.

Attached: 3627B4A8-E6A4-4562-8BDA-7B3A0C56EC15.jpg (700x700, 66K)

Fix your form, adjust your macros, sleep more

check your routine, lift harder in the gym

you are doing something wrong, go figure what it is and stop crying like a bitch

because fucks like you bother me so much, I am actually going to give authentic help to OP.
Please post height/weight, lifts, calories and macros. Then, we'll begin

Calories = energy op

Im 18 years old 5’7 and about 170lbs
Lifts are
Bench 135lbs 3x3
Sqaut 165lbs 165
OHP 85lbs 5x5
Deadlifts 200lbs 1x5
I eat about 2000 calories a day with 130grams of protein

Okay. Any estimates as to body fat percentage? Visible abs?

also I do greyskulls with bicep curl and negative pull ups

no abs at all. Maybe 20-25% rough estimate. All the fat is in my stomach.

it's a LOT of work and doesn't come quick. Make sure you eat healthy, if that's hard look for an online nutrient tracker. Work out hard, proper form js a real thing, and make sure you actually take rest days and all your necessary protein.

keep working at it, if still no progress after a couple months contact a personal trainer.

Ok, I think that's enough info. Generally your routine is fine and your diet is fine, problem is you are fatter than you'd like, but your lifts are still very beginner. I say, lower to about 1800 kcal, gradually lose weight until you can see abs again. Just do basic calisthenics during this time period. When you get reasonably lean, adjust cals to maintenance, hold there for 1 month. Then, do a REALLY GENTLE calorie surplus (like +250) and prepare for lifting gains to take a while, be patient. Expect to gain like, 0.5 lbs a week. Never lose sight of your abs.

Not enough volume. Lower weight more reps. more sets

Thanks guys I’ll take this advice.

this

Dude I really hope it works out for you. I got trolled by these fucks once, stayed fat for YEARS. Best of luck

Is there a specific routine you have in mind for a beginner? I do want to increase volume because I read it helps with muscle building.

3 sets of 8-12, I personally do 10 but you have to do them with a weight that is tough to get the final reps in, generally if I can't do more than half the reps I will go down one DB or plate or whatever, if I can do 2 sets of 10 at that weight I'll try the higher weight on the 3rd, I've been getting new PR's on almost everything every week, I do PPL, used to do it as P L P with cardio in between, 5 days, 2 rest, upped it to PPcardioPP week 1, PPcardioPPL week 2 recently since I've been working out over a year, had a setback with food poisoning some months ago and lost strength and muscle, gained it back

I moved legs to once ever 2 weeks because all the gains were going to my legs, and that's great, up to a point, I don't wish to buy new jeans every couple months in a bigger size because they aren't loose enough of on my legs that i want them to be

You don't eat 2000 calories a day if you weigh 170 at 5'7 unless you just started cutting.

T. 3500 calories a day at 5'7 155 lbs 355/260/450 for bare ass maintenance/weight loss

depends how sedentary he is

Yeah all I really do is workout 3 times a week for an hour each. Guess I should just try to be more active in day to day life. Also I’ve trying to include cardio between workout days.