Polyphasic sleep patterns

Who here has tried polyphasic sleep patterns? I wanna give it a shot but I'm worried that it might fuck with my t levels and gains.

Attached: dragonballs.png (884x1135, 232K)

Your body releases recovery hormones and stuff in your sleep, so it's probably bad for your gains. I'm no expert though.
Protip: If you need more time, ditch the chons.

They're comfy as fuck. I did a bi-phasic cycle for a few months. I had vivid dreams all the time and I fell asleep pretty quickly too.

bi-phasic is fine, the rest will slowly turn you insane

Who here /Biphasic TED/
Going to the gym in that 2 hours and having the whole gym to yourself is comfy as fuck

Some of those only give you 2 hours of sleep... That's insomnia levels of sleep, why would you ever do that to yourself?

biphasic is the natural sleep pattern, everything else, including monophasic, is modern bs

>uberman
enjoy your organ failure

I tried it many times, nothing but 6+1.5h or 4.5+3h worked

This is a fucking meme.

DO NOT do this. You'll feel normal because you'll think you're rested but you won't realize how much worse your mental and physical performance is.

I did. For a long time, I worked for a TV company running the morning shift from 0600-1400. I got used to sleeping from 0000-0400 then I'd go home and sleep (Roughly) 1530-1930.
I was so fucking productive it was absurd.

redpill me on this. cant be bothered to watch the ted video.

so i go to sleep at 20. wake up 24. gym for 2h and then wake up at 6 again?

literally how the fuck do you do this without an alarm clock? seem unnatural as fuck
>go to sleep, dont set alarm
>wake up 9 hours later
i dont get it

I'd go to bed a bit later, people will be at the gym at midnight unless you live in bumfuck nowhere.
then you just enjoy supersetting 4 exercises at once.

>redpill me on this
People used to do this all the time before the industrial revolution made them work 12+ hours a day and they didn't have time to sleep. There's tonnes of references to two sleeps in books and shit, the french even have a word for the 2 hour period: dorveille. Tribes untouched by civilisation can be seen doing this today, although they are closer to the siesta pattern.
A bi-phasic sleep schedule should just happen on its own if every time you wake up in the night and can't get back to bed you just get up and do something instead.

>sleep 9 hours straight
you have sleep debt fucko

>no control over his biological clock
you're weak

has anyone got any advice on sleeping, i find it really hard to fall asleep at night :/

All this relies on you being able to fall asleep in 3 minutes. IBi phasic looks fine but I don't see what you're supposed to do in those two hours.

meal prep?

The uberman must fuck you up, doesn't even let you go into REM let alone deep sleep

More excercise and read a book before going to sleep.

>sleep debt
I always sleep 11-12h straight without alarm and find it extremely difficult to wake up any earlier. Been like this for years now, must be sleep debt from my previous lives. Can somebody explain this, if even 9h is abnormal? I wish I could wake up fresh with 8-9h

biphasics are pretty normal sleep cycles and have been observed to occur naturally when people don't have western work schedules forcing them into a monophasic cycle. the rest are memeshit at best and detrimental to your physical and mental health at worst.

Could be a couple things
>deficient in various shit like zinc, vit D, etc
>low test
>carb loading before bed
>sleep less on work days then your normal 11-12 hours on weekends
Also I feel like everyone has a different amount of sleep that works for them.Sometimes I sleep more just because I want to, not because I actually need the sleep. For example, I went to bed at 8pm last night, and woke up at 4am. I was awake enough to check my phone for a minute and decide I wanted to sleep more and slept till 6am.

if I had stayed awake a few minutes longer I would have been fully alert. Your body doesn't /need/ 10-11 hours, but damn does it feel good sometimes.

>Anthropologists have found evidence that during preindustrial Europe, bi-modal sleeping was considered the norm. Sleep onset was determined not by a set bedtime, but by whether there were things to do.

>Historian A. Roger Ekirch's book At Day's Close: Night in Times Past describes how households at this time retired a couple of hours after dusk, woke a few hours later for one to two hours, and then had a second sleep until dawn.

>During this waking period, people would relax, ponder their dreams, or have sex. Some would engage in activities like sewing, chopping wood, or reading, relying on the light of the moon or oil lamps.

Biphasic TED is tedpilled

Does anyone here have experience in biphasic sleep specifically? I'm curious just how much deep sleep one would actually get on this schedule and how it would affect body recovery/muscle protein synthesis/whatever.

Another thing I wonder is this: what if I were to wake up and eat? Say, go to bed at 9pm, wake up at 1am, eat until 3am, then sleep till 7? Which day would I assign those calories to; the previous or next?

If everything checks out I might give this a try.

I'm technically "sleeping" 5 min every 15 min at night, so less than 2h total.
Not feeling tired, but like shit and yes, can confirm that fucks your test and MPS.

If I go to sleep and wake up naturally after just 6 hours, should I get up or go back to sleep? In either case I get up feeling sleepy.

I tried it but it's hard as fuck to maintain, especially if you're not a NEET.

Biphasic siesta due to work. Refueling and mixing for spray planes. They do this due to needing to be alert, and avoiding that afternoon sleepy time. Only about a third the year tho. Sleep a regular mono whatever the rest the year

Biphasic works well. I’ve done it. Takes a while to get used to in modern society.
Uberman is fairly well documented. I tried it and failed after a few days.
I believe dymaxion is a meme and nobody ever really made it work. Freeman Dyson was infamous for overpromising and lying about what his shit could do. Like musk or tesla

Already have a home gym. Entire thing is pointless.

What exactly is the benefit?

>People used to do this all the time before the industrial revolution made them work 12+ hours a day
As opposed to plowing fields for 12+ hours a day?

I had to split my sleep into a 3 hour and a 5 hour block and sometimes a pair of 4 hour blocks for a couple years when my gf was doing shift work, it was the only way we could be together. Once you get the hang of it things feel pretty much the same as any other sleep schedule and you'll eventually learn to pretty much sleep on command, you might want to use melatonin to adjust to it at first. While it didn't have any drawbacks I'll also say I didn't notice any benefits, mostly I had my "middle" hours in the early morning so there's some fun to being the only person out anywhere but it gets annoying when you can't do any errands during the work week.

See a fucking doctor.

Get a sleep study done, your issue could be something life threatening like sleep apnea or lyme disease or it could just be a shitty mattress or blanket, either way sleep in a clinic one night and they'll tell you and then you can get back to sleeping like normal.

>have sex
Well I guess Jow Forums's out then.

>eat until 3am
That's a hell of a bulk, user.

Pls gib sum sleep gain

t. insomnia for the last 8 years

Eh sort of. I eat kinda slow. Plus time to cook, wash the dishes after, etc

God help me I tried to do uberman, but could not stay awake between 3 and 6 am. Was feeling better by the end of one week, but I missed a nap and fell apart. Not worth your time. Based on sleep times of other large mammals, we should be getting between 10 and 13 hours. If you're not eating, lifting or fucking your wife, you should be asleep

Attached: 1499627857339.jpg (2048x2048, 609K)

you average out your calories over at least 7 rolling days. dont worry your pretty little head over "which day".

i've been sleeping wayyy too much lately. it's a form of procrastination for me.