How do you get big arms Jow Forums?

How do you get big arms Jow Forums?

As I've been doing starting strength for a year and my arms have not got bigger. I was under the impression that my arms would grow from bench press and overhead press, but that has not been the case.

How do you even grow your arms without looking like an idiot curling?

Attached: arms.jpg (1064x1082, 249K)

Weighted chin ups grow biceps more than curling does, bench and OHP should grow your triceps well enough on their own.

Do curls fucking retard

Chin ups are a meme for biceps

high rep curls of different types

his delts look weird

Real talk: you gotta curl high volume. Getting a strong OHP/bench gets big tris but compound pulls don’t hit the bis hard enough to get them huge.

Basically just do bench/OHP, tricep isolations like rope pulldowns, and bicep curls heavy and light for high reps

Here's a tip, you don't look retarded doing curls. Instead you look retarded when you're the mongoloid in the gym with matchstick arms saying "Look at those guys with huge arms over there curling, don't they know that bench and OHP are the way to grow your arms"

You don't look like an idiot curling if you have big arms. And you get there by curling.
Cable curls, hammers, and plate curls are the goat.

Attached: rich_piana_6_years_old.jpg (962x962, 70K)

How so?

this

A big thing often forgotten is you need to control the movement all the way up and down, this way the tension always builds

Form and speed > big weights

powershitters lol

How much is high volume? 15-20 reps for 5 sets?

> B-but my arms will get huge doing exercises that don't directly target arms, right?

You want bigger biceps, do bicep workouts
You want bigger triceps, do tricep workouts
You want cut af abs, get your ass on the ground and do situp and crunch variations.

Residual benefits from chinups, OHP, etc will only do so much. Still do them, they're great and will get you bigger than isolations alone, but they're not going to get you arms like pic related by themselves.

Attached: 1566878920552.png (796x588, 92K)

If I’m having an arms day what I do is normally:
Heavy OHP 3x5
Heavy Hammer curls 3x6

Light OHP 4x8
Moderate weight bicep curls 4x8

Cable rope push down 3x12
Cable curls 3x12

I hit 1/2/3 (I refuse to go over 3 plate deadlifts because of a back injury last summer) and had 14 inch arms (started at 11 inches before lifting) and have only been doing this for two months. My arms are 14.75 now which is a big improvement imo

Haha I really like this picture. Do you mind if I save it?

I don't know man, depends on your ecpectations. 16 inch arms are big, people who have lifted 10+ years have often 16ish inch arms. You have lifted for a year.

you dont grow anything if you aren't getting enough calories and protein

>basically it's an 8 hour arm workout; made up of 16 half hour mini workouts

Right babe?

Attached: C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_rich-piana-memes.jpg (500x525, 31K)

>starting strength for a year
>things bench press and OHP grow arms
>thinks you look like an idiot curling

what you really need to do is get the fuck off Jow Forums you gullible, dumb ass kid. god knows how many other memes you fell for

Attached: 1557716957649.gif (200x109, 1.96M)

if youll look closely youll see that its mostly tricep

make big biceps but the real size comes from triceps

i guess dont ignore either?

its not rocket science man

Though bis are important, the key to bug arms are triceps and shoulders.

I've been doing skullcrushers and bicep curls on top of a big pile of compound movements and my arms are still stuck between 14 inch and 14.5 inches even as my lifts go up. Just getting 15 inch arms would be a godsend to me.

This

Arms are just like any other body part, if you want them to grow you gotta punish them. My arms are 18” and I’ve been lifting seriously for just under a year. Here’s my routine brah

>Chin Ups 6 x 2
>Dips 6 x 2
>Barbell Curls 125 x 6 x 2
>Barbell Skullcrushers 125 x 8 x 2
>Cross Body Hammer Curls 40 x 8 x 2
>Tricep Pushdown 100-70 x 12 x 2-Drop set
>Reverse Wrist Curl 30 x 12 x 3
>Wrist Curls 60 x 10 x 3

All sets done to failure, pick a weight where you fail at 6-8reps

Attached: 66C983D5-5826-4138-B259-FB808C0B262E.jpg (800x1033, 242K)

you need to work with different muscles to grow the entire arm idiot,you can't work for only one muscle and expect results for the entire arm, for example pic related is for the shoulder

Attached: Fit_117041_6018243.jpg (900x1391, 424K)

Do full pyramid reps on your bicep curls. Start super low weight + super high reps. Increase weight every set, and decrease reps each set.
Continue increasing weight gradually until your reps start to look like 3-5. Once you hit this point, go in reverse.
Begin lowering weight and increasing reps. Continue until you are all the way back to the starting weight.
I still do this today, twice a week. When i started i could only get 8 chin ups. In a few months time i could do 14, a few more months 20 chin ups. Ima keep going and keep increasing my chin ups.

lol this sounds like some Starting Strength logic.

Squat nerds don't want to do curls because thats what chad does and you are much smarter than chad. Get out of here with that bullshit. Nothing grows triceps better than doing tricep specific work outs.

>6x2
>125x6x2
>100-70x12x2
are you writing a routine or equations

Attached: mfw.png (480x320, 233K)

>Hand over the juice, Malfoy

Attached: c064f61b3425c8d756aa9dd04f0f0017.jpg (750x629, 66K)

Kek’d hard at both of these

Weight x Reps x Sets

Not juicing yet just good genes and hard work

Attached: E3459180-5CAB-4838-8476-9E20EC8EF998.jpg (1024x903, 70K)

10sets amrap

>Ive been doing starting strength for a year
so no ones gonna say anything about this?

Close grip bench is nice for tris.

Based. OP is a fussy bitch who cares about how he looks in the gym of all places. Saged

do curls on pull day

where the fuck is his medial delt head.

abs are made in the kitchen

>Says you should curl high volume
>Doesn't actually curl high volume

The bicep is a small muscle that recovers quickly and needs to be worked from a lot of different angles also SS is fake and gay.

>looking like an idiot curling

this is a globohomo psyop, there is nothing more based than doing curls

The “x muscle will get worked from compound movements alone” meme is so fucking stupid. It’s the same with doing core work, why would you purposefully ignore a muscle group?

chekd & feel it

Attached: PicsArt_08-29-01.23.39.jpg (1234x720, 68K)

why would you look like an idiot curling? Rippetoe literally says to add sets of curls to the end of your workout if you want bicep growth. Bench is enough for your triceps and overhead is enough for your shoulders if you're actually doing enough weight. What are your lifts? Also you might just have body dysmorphia and didn't even notice your arms getting bigger. Have you measured your arms? Do your shirt sleeves not feel tighter at all?

...88 burpees?

I'm listening.

Attached: 1548580246412.jpg (476x476, 42K)

Curls breh, you gotta do curls to get arms that arent twigs

you spelled huge wrong bro

Lots of isolation and volume. Don't listen to bloatmaxxed powershitters that say compounds are enough

>Barbell Curls 125 x 6 x 2
>Barbell Skullcrushers 125 x 8 x 2
>Cross Body Hammer Curls 40 x 8 x 2
>Tricep Pushdown 100-70 x 12 x 2-Drop set
>Reverse Wrist Curl 30 x 12 x 3
>Wrist Curls 60 x 10 x 3
Dude, are you preparing for the SATs in math?

>i don't train arms and surprisngly my arms aren't growing how do i grow arms withtou doing arms-specific exercises?
are you retarded?

lmao u fags got baited hard

Attached: 1542168185622.jpg (2500x2010, 1.66M)

Currently doing 5x5 20kgs curls, am I doing too little volume? Maybe I should drop the weight and get more reps in.

Kek

Depends. Most people use 3x10 or 5x10 but I got better results on 5x5, adding 1Kg each time. The actual weight you're using doesn't matter as long as each set approaches failure.

Grease the groove OP. When I wanted bigger chest/arm and shoulders I would do an additional few sets every morning after waking up, I worked out late at night after work so I would have around 10-12hrs between the mini workouts and my actual workouts. I definitely saw more size in a short period, probably just due to the extra volume I was getting in on those areas.
It works, and it doesn't take a lot of effort to do a few high rep sets every morning/night/whenever on top of your normal workouts. Just be careful not to go too far as to debilitate your normal workouts otherwise you'd be defeating the whole point of doing it.

Reminder: Hemsworth became a vegan before this photo was taken.

Without the disgusting animal products such as cholesterol and saturated fat clogging up he circulation to his muscles blood flow/nutrient delivery is maximised hence the higher performance we see here.

which is where i keep my steroids.

>under a year
>18"
you're either a fat fuck or juicing out of your mind.

skull crushers
7-7-7 curls
dips
hi rep drop set hammer curls

Vegetable oils have more cholesterol than animal fats you dolt.

Also it's pretty clear he's juicing.

>muh plant-based steroids
I can't wait to see how that Game Changers doc completely avoids talking about PEDs, pirated of course

Right. I tend to get close to failure on the last sets, but maybe I should add a bit weight.

nice. ill try this

Attached: A6D99AF7-3F29-4066-86AF-18F2CB407279.png (870x852, 1.19M)

still a bretty good thread

1. Vegetable oils don't contain cholesterol
2. Only some vegetables oils contain saturated fat (what you were probably thinking of)
3. Being vegan doesn't mean you have to eat said vegetable oils

> "Muh Roids"
Roids are very much vegan comparable and lol who cares everyone roids

Yes I do mind so BACK OFF!

Is this a joke or what?

That's all well and good but I was hoping for more arachnid arms

eat properly, can't get muscles by eating mars bars all day

I heard some rich guy who plays the piano had an insane arm workout that only 5% would survive.

>without looking like an idiot curling?

Stop giving a fuck and do curls anyway. Also work your triceps.

Attached: Morty Kombat.jpg (960x946, 63K)

10 sets of curls 3 times a week for 30 total sets is the most my body can handle without steroids. Before this I only did compounds + 3 sets of curls