/martial arts general/

/martial arts general/

real martial arts only edition
no games

previous thread

Attached: real martial arts.png (1064x467, 175K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m4_AEhV0Ayw&t=28s
youtube.com/watch?v=UjqmBHPKg1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=pY4xU0JIuBo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: mag.jpg (750x750, 121K)

Repost from last thread:
As a beginner in BJJ, how bad is it to train long sessions? My school has gi and nogi back to back, meaning training for almost 3 hours. Is that too much?
Also, is 2 classes and 1 open mat sufficient to improve as a beginner?

watherver you fags say, but judo gave me a body that still get mired even after i train very sparingly

it's not bad whatsoever, the more you roll, the faster you'll get better. just don't get burnt out because you're not recovering in time for you next session, if you're not doing yoga and shit to stay loose and recover you're going to start missing sessions for injuries. 2 classes and an open mat is a perfect schedule for a beginner

judo is a fun game and a fun way to stay in shape, like aikido

Aikido isn't even a game, there's no competition and you're not even worried about overcoming your partner. That said I still like it a lot and it's very enjoyable and great to relax at the end of the day.

its a fun dance, and a fun way to stay in shape

Sweet, thanks. Would 2 lifting sessions also be viable? I'll also incorporate daily stretches for flexibilty and mobility.
Also, what about the double session? Is 1.5 hours of gi followed by 1.5 hours of nogi too much for a beginner?

it all depends on your conditioning and recovery. if you eat, sleep, stretch, etc like a pro fighter, you'll be able to train like one(if you are in shape i mean), if you eat like shit, never sleep, never stretch, even 1 session a week is a lot. i'd say don't be afraid to push your limits adding lifting/rolling if you feel good, but if you get to the next week and you barely even want to roll because you're so beat up and tired, dial it back. don't kill your enjoyment of the game trying to better at it knamean? and yeah double sessions are fine, it all just depends on the things i mentioned above.

Which one is the one John Wick does?

sambo

remember the scene in 3 where they had the russian dudes wrestling in Gi's?

youtube.com/watch?v=m4_AEhV0Ayw&t=28s

>The salty jv wrestler has made his own tier list
Hi fag, you gonna post record yet.

>ties up man bun
>scoots towards you aggressively
woah chill out dude im sorry

Judo or sambo. Gi throws are gi throws. I do know that Keanu Reeves trained at a mixed judo/bjj place, but the movie shows a sambo style thing. Not there's a super large difference between judo and sambo grappling but it's there.

>Uppercuts your takedown
>Nothin' personnel kid
>Maybe if you were a real wrestler I'd have to use more than 5% of my power

ok now you've really done it buster
>begins crab walking aggressively

Thanks man, that helps a lot.

I suppose. That said, when I started doing MT, the stuff I had learned in Aikido and the "martial arts" mindset of focusing and being used to skin to skin contact came extremely handy. Although not really oriented for actual combat, the constant and detailed study of technique makes you very aware and careful with things like posture, balance, and tension.
I hesitate to call it a martial art because it's not really martial, but at the same time calling it a dance is a huge disservice to how much it contributed to my actual fighting.

judochad here, i'd fuck you all up, srs, just don't touch my fucking legs

dancing can make you better at fighting through core strength tension balance and posture
still just dancing
nigga

>Teleports behind you
>Uses my ki chakras
> Blasts you with hadouken

no problem. don't listen to "hurrrrr no such thing as overtraining" bros because there definitely is overtraining, they just haven't felt it because they do a 30min PPL with 40min of talking. on the flip side, a lot of people are fucking pussies and are just scared of being tired/sore, both of which will happen if you work out hard to get better at something physical. what im saying is, just play the middle road. if you're fucked up don't think you're a pussy for skipping a session, if you feel great, then fuck it why not lift/do more sessions, who the fuck is to tell you no. it's all up to you buddy. you are the captain of your soul

That's true, but in a dance you don't practice things like joint locks, break-falls, rolling, and throws. Yes, the ukemi is taken to an extreme degree, but like I said, experiencing all these things contributed greatly. What's your current kyu in Aikido? I hope you're at least talking from experience.

I do powerlifting, looking to pick up a martial art when my schedule frees up a bit. I was considering boxing because it's generally the cheapest, easiest to find, and pretty effective, but powerlifting seems like it would have zero carry over whatsoever unlike something with grappling where it might have like 10% carry over. Should I hold out on finding a MMA place or just accept being a slow as fuck boxer?

This is how I'd rank it

Attached: Capture.jpg (965x498, 49K)

You've been asking the same questions for weeks itt, is there any particular reason why you're not training already?

How is something as incomplete as boxing S tier? Isn't anything with grappling elements far superior?

Do what fits your schedule and what you enjoy.

say that to my face geek ill 1-2 knock you out before you can even fucking spell ippon

lel, the jiu jitsu image is a dude doing a takedown
This is how you know a retard made this image.
S - Old Timey Pankration
A - Free/Folk Wrestling, Judo, Grecco, Sambo, MT
B - BJJ, boxing, Kickboxing
C - Powerlifting
D - Aikido, kung fu, other various meme sports

Attached: 1554368729432[1].png (600x839, 834K)

>Grabs arms
> Does a double kickflip over your head
>Strangles you with your own arms
Heh.....

What's the best martial arts for a fat ass with bad conditioning to work his way into?

Why is judo so low? (srs)

it got nerfed in the latest patch, they banned leg grabs entirely so it's basically shirt-jerk-do

>Pankration
which one

Can't touch the legs which means it's awful for grappling. But they'll say Greco Roman is great, but ignore that Greco roman is even more restricted on takedowns than judo is.

>they'll say Greco Roman
no one has ever said that judchodka
freestyle and folkstyle is what bashes nerds in the year of our lord 1950+69

>Slams you

Attached: ak.jpg (740x470, 68K)

Attached: 1565419659602.gif (280x200, 1.1M)

>funk rolls
>ankle picks
sorry kid, you're askren for trouble

I've never understood this. Boxing is stupid because you can't kick! You truly cant even reap the legs with grecco, and most of Judo is attacking the legs with your legs via footsweeps and reaps like Osoto gari.
I always tell these people to go grapple with someone who specializes in takedowns and don't pull guard. Then imagine if that was on concrete.

>tfw want to join boxing gym but they're asking $300/month for individual instruction
y shit gotta be so expensive

I box and carry two pocket knives, one in each pocket to deal with grapplers.

Nohomobro but I'll fucking cut you up if you try you gay shit on me M8s.

Attached: absolute.jpg (792x710, 97K)

>This guy actually thinks hes better than fucking karelin cause he learned ankle picks last week.
Lmao

*shots you*
nothing personnel kiddo...

Find a cheaper gym

If I don't go to a gym but practice punching at a mirror and watching BJJ youtube videos on a scale of 1-10 how likely am I to be able to defend myself in a 1v1 combat situation with a person 2 inches taller and 50 pounds heavier

Today we had an MMA class and did light full contact sparring, I myself come from a judo/grappling background and went up against a muay thai guy. Never did much striking (not even gauging distance or simple combos).

One thing I immediately noticed was the clinch, he had me in a double collar tie and as he was taller, had a noticeable reach on me.
My actual question: given that this is mma and not strictly muay thai or judo, are there any throws, sweeps or even submissions I can pull off against muay thai clinches?
For now I noticed leg reaps had a great effect

i don't have to be better than karelin, just better than you. it's a low bar desu

Sacrifice throw m8

Post medals

-2/10

Join a gym instead.

your turn bitch

Attached: whats up now pussy.jpg (800x540, 67K)

Body locks work great in my experience.

Filthy gaijin, shamefur dispray. Rir men rook time this

Attached: eO6xn.jpg (397x500, 51K)

you just can't see my bujinkan medals, you'd have to earn my respect before you see my actual trophies.

Foor, I am the true bujinkan master of the way of a thousand windy fists.

bet I could whoop your ass lol

The cheaper the better with boxing gyms

I want to hit others in the head but not get hit in the head myself

If I go to a boxing gym will people let me do this or will they put me with a very skilled large black man to beat me to death?

How? I don't know where to get a grip on him as I'm a judo goy.

How do you get close to him? His clinch makes my upper body immobile and I'm kind of big already (I'm 210 he's 220)

Yeah but Greco has an actual talent pool compared to Judo. A Judo world champion has said that Judo is filled with unathletic and untalented people who purposely keep the sport niche because they'll lose their place in the sport of Chad was doing Judo

He's got the grip. Either he let's go or goes for a ride.

>I don't know where to get a grip on him as I'm a judo goy.
kek

Attached: judo.jpg (1200x800, 105K)

Did you not learn how to handfight in Judo? I only wrestled in HS and know how to handfight with collar ties and stuff

>Did you not learn how to handfight in Judo
wtf is hand fighting? like slapping or something?

I can't trust anybody that says "boxing + wrestling is god tier" because I know they have never done wrestling. It's a very exclusive club that dries up the second you leave high school unless you're the top 5%.

>throws from clinch
most commonly involve transition to some kind of body lock for hip throws or snapdowns to a toss of some kind etc, learn how to manipulate someones posture in the clinch
>sweeps
watch this guy

youtube.com/watch?v=UjqmBHPKg1Q

>i was too pussy to do it as as kid so its dumb

Never said it's dumb. It's that people talk about it without ever actually doing it. Because you cannot do it after high school

This guy would get REKT in UFC even Bellator

We did, but how do I handfight myself out of an already established double collar clinch? That move is illegal in judo..
Help a brah out

that guy is 39 years old and KO's teeny bopper foreigners like you on a weekly or bi weekly basis

genuinely too fast and coordinated for that silly little yellow guy also probably like 2x as strong

there are a lot of escapes from the clinch, crossface, under or overhook body lock to throw, shooting your hands inside the clinch and out leveraging them, whatever it takes 4 scoops cmon

I told you already, sacrifice throw. Either he gives up the clinch or it becomes grappling, either way you are now a step ahead and making the choices.

youtube.com/watch?v=pY4xU0JIuBo

He's talking about a clinch you aint gon' break

WHAT EVER IT FUCKING TAKES

COME ON

No retard it's fighting for positions in the clinch
>Underhooks
>Collar ties
>2 on 1
Get a HS wrestlers and ask him how to handfight. Than do it with him

that only works with gloves lol

I've been doing Shotokan karate for 9 months; is it a meme?

literally all three of those work with mma gloves

>grabs at me
>slaps hand away
>grabs at him
>he slaps my hand away
>muh hand fighting

hopefully the latter

holy fuck that video at the very end had a black woman in thailand kicking pads wtffffff

>A Judo world champion has said that Judo is filled with unathletic and untalented people who purposely keep the sport niche because they'll lose their place in the sport of Chad was doing Judo
Who?

Assume target is 2x your strength

now it doesn't work

assume your trolling is funny

but know that it's not

Pretty sure Judo is dominated by a single giant black man. The rest are asians.

>its trolling to let somebody know that there are people on this earth whom grip they cannot break

find a smarter way to win

>Guy has his hands above your shoulders
> Literally is up close and has his balance high up
>Judos most simple throws such as a shoulder throw involve the dudes arms above the shoulder
Shoulder throw him.

I'm with you on this one. Getting gripmogged in clinch is normal if you never met a MT guy before.

Good luck, you'll need it user.

Hand fight and get the inside grip. Work pre-emptively.

>durrr too much grib cant budy luck urrrrr

Attached: 8d6.jpg (645x729, 48K)

I mean neat, I don't follow it though. But who's the world champ who said that?

I dont know im not that poster but yeah pretty sure Judo is dominated by literally 1 giant monkey right now and will be for the foreseeable future