QTDDTOT - LAST REP FACE EDITION

Is the anabolic window real? I like to do cardio and sit in the sauna after I lift.

Also is an hour too long for the sauna? I'm basically treating it like an endurance sport at this point.

Attached: 1565979818517.jpg (982x1189, 738K)

just don't mix your sauna with roids.

Left the gym a couple of years ago, and I need to start over. I had great results with SS at the time but I can't get into now. I've tried many times and I end up dropping out the first or second month.

Do you have suggestions for beginners programs ? Preferably something more dynamic than SS, and more focused on the upper body?

Speaking of last rep face, today when doing DB flies I was straining my face and the bottom right part of my face went numb and tingly on me for a second. After I finished my set it quit but I’ve had it happen before and it kinda scares me. Any idea what causes this or how serious this is? Maybe for a minute after it feels a little tingly. It never goes numb but it feels kinda odd.

It’s a myth gym owners want you to believe to increase the selling of post workout protein shakes.
Total daily intake is all that matters.

You're putting pressure on the nerve on the right side of your face. Don't know the implications of this.

Attached: serveimage (7).jpg (300x300, 21K)

Is it possible to go to a suana without having to see old man penis? Should I get blinders like race horses wear?

is it okay to do 3 total body days and 3 swimming days in a week?

'm heading to Lanzarote soon, but the hotel gym has only machines.

>pic related

What machine exercises can I replace the main lifts with? Specifically:

Squat
Deadlift
OHP
Bench
Pendlay Row

I don't think they have even a smith machine.

Attached: Gimnasio-2hrp.jpg (1200x782, 299K)

Attached: 130775573262.gif (320x209, 938K)

Yes
Thanks
PPL. Start with a core lift for a heavy 5. Then another compound for 3 or 4x8, then accessory stuff in sets of 10-12.

It's hard to figure out where to put diddlies in. With legs or with back? And you can't do it consecutively with back or legs either. My solution is just to stick in more Push days. So you could do:

>Bench
>Diddly
>the Press
>Squat
and repeat. With all the accessory work you're basically having two chest/shoulder/tri (Push) days for every pull or leg day, but why not? Bench press. Is. King.

Candito

My last rep face every time.

I have nothing else to add.

Attached: images (1).jpg (300x168, 4K)

Do hand grips actually do anything?

Attached: 1567015425263.jpg (1280x720, 211K)

I just want to understand the whole SS is bad thing
I'm pretty much a beginner (6 months in) and i've been doing SL 5x5 and some upperbody accessories.
My question is, aren't SL and SS basically the same? SL even has more sets for squats which seems to be the basics of the whole "look like a woman" meme
Why isn't SL 5x5 memed in the same way?

If you get the heavy Captains of Crush ones, yeah. The light cheap ones no. Maybe good for w when warmups/endurance

Do I need to load on creatine first or can I just take 1.5-3g each day? I bought some proton powder that has 1.5g per scoop.

Attached: 1506909488392.jpg (400x400, 25K)

Would doing kegels with a boner be better or worse?

Both are necessary. You gotta hold a kegel in the puss sometimes, so better practice.
You don't need to load, but you can if you want to feel the strength boost sooner

What's the difference between doing squats and deadlifts with a hex bar? It seems identical

anyone have success with the le reddit linear progression PPL? i want a new routine i can do 5-6 days a week

more of her?

Attached: 23518907_924611201029962_5842003972988446326_n.jpg (960x960, 78K)

Is losing strength in the first week of a cut normal? I'm on a ~900 calorie deficit right now.

Thanks user. Should I talk to my doctor? This has only happened twice but I don’t want my face to be paralyzed

Will deloading actually make me surpass my plateau, or is that just a meme?

Probably? Idk if there's long term implications like with carpal tunnel and tennis elbow. Idk what there is to do about it either. Bite on a chew toy when lifting?

Is there a good dumbbell routine that I can do more than 3 days a week as a beginner?

What's better for weighted dips/chin ups/pull ups 3x10 or 5x5 in terms of endurance/power/aesthetics

I have retrograde ejaculation I don't know how to make it stop. Its even gotten a little worse since school started

Attached: 204885.jpg (252x239, 53K)

Stop cooooooming

Is there any real difference between doing keto and fasting (24+ hours)?

Lol nerd. Look it up on thundersplace, they have good threads covering the ins and outs of that condition

Is there any drug you can take to make your bones grow more (before your growth plates are closed, obviously)

last rep face

Attached: 20190828_205702.jpg (329x268, 55K)

When is the better time for mobility work: morning a few hours before training or afternoon/evening after?

How long do I have to go to the gym until people on the street are like 'he goes to the gym'

just replace your water bottle with a shaker

Are bicycle crunches actually a good core exercise?

Guys which is better? Light lunch and heavy dinner or vice versa?

I know people tend to eat more at dinner but shouldn't we eat more during the productive part of the day?

If I go to sleep and wake up naturally after just 6 hours, should I get up or go back to sleep? In either case I get up feeling sleepy.

Are neutral grip pull-ups with a narrow gap any better or worse than regular pull-ups or chin-ups

No, they don't

When doing a clean bulk doing workouts 3 times a week do you still calculate your tdee at sedentary?

bump

Based on all the ncbi articles I read it would be better to save large meals for later in the day. That way you'll digest the food as you sleep and be more efficient with your energy

Only if you're training fasted first thing in the morning even then it makes a minute difference.
idk about the reddit ppl but I ran a 6 day ppl variant with good results
thats expected on a big deficit
dumbbell stopgap ppl
I can do more with them, easier on the joints

Calf workouts that'll make them look juicy as fuark? I'm reading that bent-knee stuff for high reps/light weight (baybeee) is for soleus hypertrophy, and straight-leg stuff for low reps/high weight is for gastrocnemius hypertrophy. Meme or true? Anybody got a routine that's worked for them?

So I can only shit once every 4 days all at once after intense stomach bloating, anyone know what's up with that? Only time I don't have that problem is deep fried or extremely oily food, I eat plenty of vegetables and fruit, more than I eat bread or sugar...

Some guy online suggested rectal stretching, does anyone have a regime for it?

I’m a 5’10 150lb 19 year old male.

I’m fresh out of a month long hospital stay for bradycardia and my only activity is this 3x a week (sedentary the other 4 days)

3x10 bodyweight lunges on each leg
3x10 push ups
3x10 calf raises
30 minutes walking (about a mile)

I’m eating 1700 calories trying to maintain my weight. I’m just afraid I’ll gain weight because that’s over my BMR. What should my body be burning every day with this program?

Thoughts?

Attached: E0E14B76-8DF6-4398-B226-EEF6E8B79B51.jpg (3264x3264, 622K)

Try eating more fat in the diet and more volume like veggies? Those are the primary triggers of the gastrocolic reflex which moves your shit forward, fat and volume. May also consider a doctor to check for a disease

You're adding maybe 100 calories of activity at best. Did the doctors bar you from all other kinds of exercise?

Yes.

Also if this doesn’t bridge my TDEE and BMR, what will?

It’s my understanding my BMR is 1500 and my TDEE is 1800

I don't know where you're getting that number for TDEE, but that routine is essentially 20 minutes of nothing. Literally standing on one foot is not an exercise unless you're a 75 year old woman

It’s supposed to help with balance.

And are you sure push ups, standing rows and lunges won’t help build muscle? What about the 30 minute walk?

Ever since I started lifting my shoulders have been “clicking” when I move them certain ways. It’s not painful at all and doesn’t interfere with my lifts, it’s kind of just there. It hasn’t really gotten worse over time since it started. As far as I know and have been told, my form for exercises that involve my shoulders like bench and OHP is fine. Is this a warning sign that could lead to injury or am I okay?

Would stronglifts do anything with 1700 calories and 100g of protein daily?

Is sugar intake somwhow related to weight-gain, outside of the calorie count?
I keep seeing posts where people talk about their daily sugar intake and whether it is "making them fat or not", which seems strange to even talk about if your calories are under control.

anyone have a good glycine brand? most of the ones i see on amazon or manufactured in china

Attached: Moist.png (273x273, 82K)

I weighed more than 8 lbs less than I did last week at my weekly weigh-in today
I did zero exercise past jogging for about 40 yards at work and walking around a lot
I don't count calories but my largest meal is just a bunch of broccoli and carrots
I'm a 330 (well, 322 now) pound landwhale
Is this normal?

yeah body weight fluctuates

I need some recommendation on how to normalize my sleeping routine. I know I can function with a 6-hour sleep, and that's enough for my body to rest.

Here are the problems:
1) I can't fall asleep withing a short period of time. It might take an hour or two before I pass out while in bed. What to do with this? I even stopped smoking before I go to bed, and nothing changed.

2) Can't wake up at the specific time. When I hear alarm, I wake up, feel myself weak, postpone it 1-2 hours and go back to sleep. Is it just lack of discipline on my side?

PS: fresh air always circulates through my room, it is always perfectly dark in my room thanks to my thick curtains, there are no audible or visual distractions.

Attached: dontwanttobelikethisfaggot.png (500x432, 299K)

Rec me a diuretic that I can buy on Amazon. Meds are giving me side effects of extreme water retention. I can’t go off them, and caffeine or tea isn’t helping.

Thoughts on PHAT?

I have 10 days to improve my Cooper test and situp/pushup score. I know 10 days is a short time but is there anything I can do?

Is it normal for DOMS to be more severe on the second day? It was manageable the first day but now it's hurting like a motherfucker

Attached: 4123A6F9-CCC1-4F7E-BEDB-7CA9642CE714.jpg (540x540, 76K)

GZCLP if you absolutely need those extra tricep pushdowns to get you to go to the gym. Do it as an upperlower or push/pull with legs on pull.

You start to burn fat when you don't have enough sugar to go off of. That's why low carb diets work better than low fat.

I got a question about Greyskull. It says that you can pick 2-3 accessory lifts, and in the example those 2-3 lifts are done in all the training days. So I don't have to pick 2-3 for each training day? I can only pick 2-3 total and have to do them every gym session?

Again, unless you are an elderly woman or recovering anorexic, those movements are the most minimal of strength movements. The pushups are more proprioception than strength movement. If it doesn't kill you, do a couple of those pushups and a couple real ones and feel the difference first hand.

It would cause you to lose weight. Lifting and the subsequent recovery raises your energy needs, so 1700 calories would likely put you under your amount to maintain weight

Plz respond

gastroc is the juicy part so focus on those using straight legged calf raises. As for volume, frequency, intensity those varies individually so play around with it.

I did 5x5 and similar routines for close to a year, and had a year where I didnt go to the gym at all.
Now im starting again and a split routine seems more appealing to me, like a pplpp, but it seems it gets recommended after getting the most out of routines like 5x5.
Now should I pickup 5x5 or icf or what have you, then later do the split routines, or can i go into split routines right now?

what's a 1/2/3/4?

What can i do to get better ankle flexibility? I'm so fucking stiff down there, it's holding me back doing proper squats or deadlifts. I tried some stretching routines for a couple of weeks now but nothing ever changes. I feel like a 60 year old fuck.

Attached: Ryan feels.jpg (970x542, 166K)

What is the exact science behind 3x5 5x5 or 3x12? And how do I know for what exercises to use which routine?

Attached: PC wait.jpg (753x707, 331K)

overhead press/ bench press/ squats/ Deadlift

135/225/315/405

This is basically a goal you should aim for when you start lifting

Anything straight legged? Seated leg press calf raises good?

When did you hit 1234?
Whats a reasonable time window to hit it?

seated will train the soleus more, preferably do both and with a 3 second pause at the bottom to take the Achilles tendon out of the movement

In what context? If you're talking about end-stage SS then deloading might allow you to display more of the strength you have previously built by dissipating some of the built up fatigue.

I have that too, it's fine and doesn't mean that your shoulder is broken.

I sweat like a pig while working out. Squating lmao1pl8 makes sweat drop down my face. It wasn't a issue before summer vacation where I took a break from gym. Diet shouldn't be a issue because I don't eat proccesed food (including sugar)

I am a recovering anorexic

What’s the BMR of a 5’10 male who’s 140-150 pounds and totally sedentary?

Is it okay to start out only benching 1/2 pl8

just google TDEE calculator. some of them show your BMR

They all give wildly varying results

So I'm tryna cut, if I only eat protein powder and protein bars which will reduce my calorie intake to about 900 to 1000 calories, would I suffer any terrible effects? I'm 5'6" manlet and I'd still be getting like 120g protein, what do you guys think

Been doing 531 BBB and I really like the routine. The problem I’m having is I enjoy my punching bag workouts as well but I’m not sure when I should incorporate them so I don’t tire out my arms for my primary workout. Currently I do squats-Monday, bench-Tuesday, rest-Wednesday, deadlift-Thursday, press-Friday. Nothing on weekends. When is the best time to do 20-30 minute boxing workouts with a heavy bag so it doesn’t mess up my primary workout?

My weight has stayed the same but my lifts have been going up steadily. Been doing a modest lean bulk. Is this body recomp or something? As long as my lifts keep progressing should I just keep eating the same amount? I could probably add a bit more food to dinner if need be I suppose.

When is the best time to weigh myself for an accurate weight?

Right when you wake up before breakfast.

At 150lbs, I'd say you're recovered enough. If you were below 100 at your height, you might have a case, but you're not and you don't. Talk to your doctor about when you can do real exercises again, not this traumatic injury rehab kinda stuff

Yes. My first day benching, I could only do like 60lbs(27kg). Everyone starts somewhere, and you should always start where your form is safe

>would I suffer any terrible effects
Yes. Lack of fats means your hormonal production will get fucked. Lack of veg means micronutrient deficiencies. Even if you are a morbidly obese manlet, your recovery from exercise (if you're even lifting right now) would get fucked. Suicide cuts are rarely a good idea

If you're not doing something totally new with your heavy bag training (i.e. you've only been hitting for 5 minutes and you're now ramping up to 20) then you can put it where ever. Some things you can't gauge will impact recovery until you actually recognize it. The conditioning may even help your lifts

Yes, but recomps are often vastly overstated for beginners. If you're a noob lifter, more likely your CNS activation is getting more efficient

Before breakfast, post shit/piss and several hours since your last drink of water

thanks

Attached: 1504157188260.png (640x718, 926K)

>if you're a noob lifter
Most likely. I've been at it for 4-4.5 months now. My bf% has gone down a decent amount but that has slowed down (hence the stalled weight gain I think). I'll just keep on keeping on and eat extra if I still feel hungry after my planned lean bulk meals.

Thanks, think I’ll try adding the boxing workouts twice a week to my Mondays and Thursday’s and just hope that my arms are recovered enough the next day for bench and press.

I'm going to start swimming as soon as my local swimming pool reopens after renovations, but is it safe for someone who's overweight and out of shape to start swimming every day without risking injury or overextertion or anything like that, or do I have to start slower?

does 1/2/3/4 include the bar weight?