How do I stop having anxiety at the gym? I'm 3 weeks in and I feel so out of place as a skeleton...

How do I stop having anxiety at the gym? I'm 3 weeks in and I feel so out of place as a skeleton. I bench 25kg and I can feel the big guys laughing at me.

Attached: 1505859278143.jpg (691x653, 88K)

Keep going! I believe in you. Push past the fear.

are you chugging a red bull before? that might be why

Big guys are big because they don't waste time laughing at people who want to join them

literally noone cares unless you make a fool out of yourself by doing meme excercises or doing proper excercises with poor form. youre just another dude in the gym. keep it up, skelly.

>I can feel the big guys laughing at me.
They literally aren't. Nobody gives a shit. The only people that draw a lot of attention in the gym are people who grunt loudly while working out which I doubt you do since you're new and working with light weights.

Beginner gains are huge OP. Give it four months and you'll be lifting so much bigger than where you are now. That rapid improvement is a bigger motivator than those yoked guys have because they have to work their asses off to squeeze in a 5% increase. You're good homie, stick with it

Put some earbuds in and listen to some tunes. Will give you a more comfortable, isolated feeling. Just don't give up, op. wgmi frend

Attached: 1564809233628.png (257x196, 12K)

Honestly bro. Nobody give a shit about your 25kg bench. Not trying to be mean or anything but people have things going on in their lives and actual lifting that they're preoccupied with. The nerd benching low numbers at the gym isn't in their top list of priorities. They might look at you for a second and remember when they were skinny nerds like you and have a self chuckle at most

Honestly, and are right. The big guys aren't laughing at you. The big guys are probably the most supportive and helpful dudes there. Some of my good friends are Chads that I met by asking (looking back) stupid questions. Most of them are flattered to be asked for help and are happy to talk about something they love doing.

Get yourself some Chad bros my man. Have a student mentality, ask your questions sincerely and take their advice sincerely. You'll be glad you did.

Started out as a skelly, just today one of the old-timer regulars asked me: "you haven't skipped a single day, have you?" and then gave me an approving nod. Literally nobody whose opinion is worth anything gives a damn, as long as you're not a dickhead. We're all gonna make it brah.

They aren't laughing I can guarantee you 90 percent don't even see you they are more focused on them selfs. 5 percent are happy that you are a Chad in training and the remaining 5 other want to fuck you. But foreal user keep it up I'm rooting for you

Attached: 1561661335550.jpg (600x545, 23K)

Yeah those big guys started out the exact same way. Dont worry about it, focus on you.

Thank you anons for your encouraging words. In my wirst week I only used compound machines and then slowly added barbell excercises. I'll add deadlifts tomorrow.

Another question about vertical pulling. I can't do a single pull up and there is no assisted pull up machine. Should I do negatives or lat pulldowns?

Both, but do negatives before you do pulldowns.

Pullups take a lot of strenght. Lat pulldowns are your stepping stone.

Every big guy around you? They probably had anxiety going to the gym too when they first started out.
Believe me when I say that they either don't give a shit about you (which is a good thing) or quietly approve of you doing your best (which is also a good thing). When I first started, I was surprised at how actually nice people they are once you interact with them from time to time.
You say you "feel" them laughing at you. That's your brain talking. That's anxiety talking. They lie because they're dumb animalistic fuckers. Don't listen to them. I don't advocate complete rationalism, but this is the one time to think rationally.
There's no real reason to worry. Keep lifting. Be consistent. Look at the big guys not as competition, but as goal bodies - if they could do it, so can you.

Before you know it you wont be the smallest guy anymore. It'll be new years at the latest.

First off, pullups are hard. Go for chinups first. For pullups like the other user says work the lat pulldown machine for a bit, then when you try pullups keep a fairly narrow grip and start with negatives ie step/jump up to the bar and let your self down slowly.

a surprisingly high number of those who laugh at others in the gym will eventually quit. For various life reasons, they'll stop working out, get lazy, and end up exactly where you are now.

The drive to stick with it is what separates the truly weak from the truly strong. Nothing gives me, or may give you, more satisfaction than watching your enemies weaken while you grow stronger.

Yes we are laughing at you. Do body weight exercises and build a respectable body before you step into the boneyard when I’m there. If I’m not there do whatever the fuck you want.

Attached: 8A590B9C-BE6F-40EE-B3DE-ACFE84FA6C7F.png (288x435, 242K)

I dont know man l still get mad anxiety. Its just something you have to work through l guess. I still go. I am soending too much time on my phone though

Who the fuck cares about the big guys? Aren't you doing this for yourself?

We do, but why do you care? Who the fuck do you think you are, you entitled twat?

Fuck off brad

Based

OP the guys saying that the big guys are the ones who will support you the most are correct. Also, the ones telling you that no one notices you or cares are also wrong. People do notice and people do care. So what does that mean? It means that if you stick with it and they see you there regularly putting in the effort they will respect you no matter what you think you look like. It’s a lot like a fight or sticking up for yourself. As soon as you show you have spirit others will look up to you and cheer you on. There’s a reason everyone loves an underdog

Hey guys a dude said to me that going from 10 to 15 kilos is harder than going from 40 to 45. Is it true?

Lolno. You can go 10 to 15 in a week depending on the exercise. It’s actually expected if you’re on SS. That guy is coping hard.