Tennis elbow

this shit isn't going away, i've taken like 5 days off and feel like shit what the fuck am i gonna do

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 9.16.56 PM.png (589x361, 133K)

OP, I had that shit last year after my friend and I did arm wrestling one day. Completely killed my mood to go to the gym and work out. I was fucking stupid and tried working out through the pain, don't make that mistake. Take two weeks off, apply ice, use a elbow band while doing light compression and distention movements. When you go back please for the love of God lower the weights and use the band at all times, otherwise you'll go through a world of pain

thx bro, did it go away for you after a while? I dont want to stop doing pullups/curls and shit but thats where it hurts the most

tennis elbow isn't going to tear your arm apart

It went away after two months I believe. I was a retard and kept doing chin ups and bench presses with it, even squats hurt. Basically anything that had my join angled or moving hurt, only diddlies gave me peace. I eventually stopped going altogether and didn't do shit for two months. An instructor at my gym gave me his own elbow strip and told me to use it and keep it, it worked. It keeps the joint warm like a well oiled machine

Try knitting instead

Had it. Straight up stalled me for 2 months. Ice and shit.

How are you doing your curls? When I used to do straight bar and preacher curls my tennis elbow would always flare up but I got rid of it by going down 5 lb per dumbbell and doing strict curls and hammer curls.

wear one of those goofy wrist brace things. It helped my wife a lot when she had it. Kept her wrist immobilized.

I've fucked 3 different tendons up in my life and by now I've got the healing process down.

Don't use the arm at all for a good 3 days, and I mean at all. Rub it sparsely in the inside of the elbow, only as much as feels natural. Afterward, slowly work your way up from a 15lbs bar or dumbell, no curls, just trying to lift it up with a straight arm. If it feels painful, STOP. Do not overdo your workouts when you have tendinitis, this isn't like a normal muscle. It is far easier to cause permanent damage to and it controls a hell of a lot more than you might think. I ended up healing my first bout of tendinitis like this within 2 weeks. This was a case in which the pain was so bad that it would wake me up during the night.

Just remember - You do not want to snap that tendon, and right now, It's frayed. It takes a lot of time to heal, but once you are thru the worst you need to immediately start working on it or it will never get as strong as it once was. Don't take painkillers, they will only make you unable to tell when you're fucking it even harder, and the same principle applies to ice. You need to know when it hurts, and when it hurts, stop using it.

Yeah, don't use your phone or computer. Go for walks.

All this. Note all the shit that makes it hurt worse and try to figure out what to avoid/rethink at the gym. For me, it was overhand grip lat work. Underhand took a lot of the stress off.

Use RICE: Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. Wear your compression band, and ice that fucker at least once a day and definitely after workouts.

If you can find a good PT, this is also very important. I had dry needling (kinda like acupuncture, but they run electrical pulses through the needles so it's actually effective and not just woo-woo chink bullshit). This REALLY helped to get all the muscles that were in constant spasm around the tendon relaxed, which in turn helped it heal.

You might also want to run a cycle of BPC157. It's, frankly, a miracle in my experience. I don't want to emphasize this too much, because it's important for you to make decisions that don't require you to compromise your standards on injecting drugs...but if I tore up a tendon again, I'd 100% do this. No source talk since I don't want to get jannied

VERY HIGH REP CURLS AND TRICEP EXTENSIONS WITH A RESISTANCE BAND, like 50 BPC-157 and tb500

Tendons don't heal in 5 days, try a month at least

google tennis elbow slow eccentric to find exercices that will heal & strengthen your tendons

You have to go lighter on pressing, possibly change out some exercises that aggravates it and perhaps manage volume as well.

had this and went away after 2 weeks. I got a deep tissue massage which relieved most of it instantly.

At the risk of shilling a product...

Get a Theraband Flexbar ($20) to rehab both tennis and golfers elbow and strengthen those forearms. Works extremely well for these injuries and you can read all the reviews of ppl gushing over them. Definitely sped along my recovery after dealing with golfers elbow for months. Just YouTube the specific tennis elbow exercise you do with it.

Attached: F015D6E3-5C47-49B6-9974-D4B5DABCBC28.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

From tennis, or what?

I got it bad through tennis. One handed backhand. Used a racquet with dead poly string for two matches and that did it. Took weeks to heal. It can take months. Don't rush it.

Get a flexbar, for real. It works wonders.

If tennis related, don't use dead poly. Use a soft poly. Or even no poly at all. If you have a one handed backhand, swing from the shoulder with a straight arm, do NOT make contact with your arm/elbow bent.

thank you bros im fuckin bummed because i dont want to take off that much time but i don't want to wreck my shit, i guess i'll just squat for the next month and see how it goes ;(

from lifting, i think too many bicep curls if im gonna be completely honest

OP now I am scared to do any curls or pulldowns. Fuck.

deadlifting fixed it for me

dont ask why

Unironically neutral grip curls will fix most tendonitis. Supinated and pronated forces aren't natural movements for your arm, look at how you move your arms. Neutral grip rows, neutral grip pullups, neutral grip curls, trap bar deads, etc

Ty

Same, I have it in both elbows during boxing or wrestling but now when I bench 2pl8 for reps it just fucking hurts SO MUCH MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOOOP ÀAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARAFGGFHH

curls actually helped me recover from tennis elbow

Keep moving it, don't give it absolute rest as some suggest. Just make sure to monitor if the pain is worse after each exercise. If it isn't, you can keep doing that. If it is, try something else or make it lighter. E.g. I had pain in elbow after hyper extending it during BJJ. Enough to make heavy benches really unpleasant. However halving the weight and upping volume was ok.
Also don't take painkillers, it will fuck things up further.

And stretch, stretch every day, multiple times a day. See image, keep it on for 30 seconds every time you do it.

Attached: en3165869.jpg (300x300, 11K)

I got this from benching apparently because the force going up through my forearm and elbow was too much for the tendons. Rip unironically says to keep working out through it and it will go away, but I wouldn't follow that advice unless it's worked for you in the past