Get Jow Forums

>get Jow Forums
>do martial arts

Why don’t you put those muscles to use user?

Attached: 631F8AAC-9D70-42A3-A2AA-152080F1D8ED.jpg (1200x800, 168K)

Or just sports. Doesn't have to martial arts, sports are good even if you aren't smashing a dudes head in.

don't want brain damage

>gets jumped by DYEL twigs
>man I could really use martial arts right now

muscle mass slows you down in the cage
you need lean muscle mass and flexibility if you want to have a chance

>muscle mass slows you down in the cage
>you need lean muscle mass
What

If you live in the greatest country on earth there's no need to use your fists, just use a gun.

What he means is having high muscle mass makes you gas quicker then having less muscle mass. Every person has an optimal range of muscle mass for grappling/striking and it’s usually not that large. Once you get too large it’s almost bad because you gas quicker and aren’t as fast as your opponent. Even if your jacked and do a ton of cardio you would be better off with a little less muscle. Hard to tell where that range is but it’s almost always smaller then the jacked guys in cbt threads. If you’re on gear you can disregard everything I just said.

This, unless you're on EPO like Usman you're going to gas fast.

>I'm sure to win because my speed is superior

t. Can't fight

Remember Kimbo slice vs dada 5000? That's what happens when you put on too much of the wrong mass.

JESUS FUCK I already DO fight you FAGGOT... IlL BEAT UR ASS

Let’s take mong like yourself as an example. Let’s clone you into two separate retards. Ones jacked to the extreme and the other has three times the muscle mass of your dyel self. The jacked one is going to gas quicker and lose. That’s how fighting works.

martial arts is full of brainlets with caveman tier egos and they always try to fight people because they're such a tuffie. i did 6 years of muay thai & bjj.

You're literally retarded.
Pic related is one of the best MMA fighters in his class right nowm guarantee he would literally kill you if you fought him, even if you were 6'3 and 250lbs of pure muscle

Muscle is useless for fighting

Attached: 20190829_032140.jpg (776x812, 342K)

I am cuban tho

even more reason why he would beat you
You're a subhuman low IQ spic and he's white

Retard detected

Bigger strength = stronger punch
Experience is a different thing and getting some muscle would only help this guy

getting more muscle would legit ruin him and make him too heavy/slow,keep coping

>Bigger strength = stronger punch
And slower punch lmao

go to the buffet

>want something with good carryover from lifting
>wrestlers are always fucking huge
>nope, can't wrestle if you didn't start when you were 11
>have to go do the only grappling discipline in the world, BJJ

>my skinnyfat mma fighter shouldn't improve
>he is perfect

>one of the best MMA fighters in his class right now
He's not a top 10 fighter.

I work in a field where my brain/body coordination needs to be optimal.
CTE, arthritis and shakey hands are a nono

anyone who says being in great shape (near natty limit of muscle mass) is detrimental to combat sports is purely coping with the fact they look like shit and are weak. Vast majority of champions in any combat sport are fucking jacked, mike tyson, muhammad ali, gsp, karelin. They all lift a fuck ton. Yes sure you could post an exception to the rule but that exists no matter the subject being debated, rule of thumb is champions = jacked

Attached: gee es pee.jpg (1440x810, 236K)

If you really need any sort of martial arts to beat on some fucking dyel twigs then just end your existence right here and now

Roids

i already lift 5 to 6 days a week when should i do some MA? plus dont want cte. did some kickbox and muay thai years ago.

Is this b8? This is literally a picture of him being held up after he got BTFO in 5 seconds

>Goes out of his way to volunteer for drug testing
GSP is the natty king

This. Natty lifters do not accidentally put on tons of muscle, especially not ones who are constantly doing tons of cardio in the form of martial arts. This is just like women saying "I don't want to get too bulky". They can, however, get significantly stronger, and anyone who has ever grappled before can tell you that being stronger is an advantage.

GSP said in an interview with Rogan he only lifts for looks and stated his efficiency as a fighter is what made him champion

>52187704
Because I'm 5'2 male

do judo or bjj then?

fighting is functional outside of sparring and practise and competition, playing sports isn't
you can grapple full force and go easy o nthe striking, no brain damage
>let me just shoot an unarmed individual who is pushing me
speed>strength in terms of power carryover, there's a point where strength actually detracts from your power output because it slows you down
look at andy ruiz vs anthony joshua, the fat mexican had less muscle and was way fatter and he was faster than the jacked negro
strength is useless after you reach a certain point, it just makes you slower.
>bigger strength = stronger punch
no, bigger strength = stronger push
if you get slower as a result of getting stronger you will at best have the same power and at worst you will have way less of it.
Speed is the biggest thing when it comes to punching power.
The man you just posted admits it himself that getting jacked didn't help his performance one bit and it just improved his body appearance.

based

>one of the best
>ko'd in 5 seconds
OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: Jorge heems Askren in slow mo.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

>top 10

HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAHHAHAHHAAAAHAHAHHAAAHHAAAAAAAAAA

BAHAHHAHAAAAAAHHAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

BOOM ROASTED.

>shoots a double leg right into a flying knee right after talking a mad amount of shit

BAHAHAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHHAAAAAAA

PPFFFFFTTTTAHAAHAHAAAAAAAAAA

When weight is restricted by weight classes, yeah, of course speed matters more, you fucking retard

Speed is really only a benefit to manlets.

i was thinking of getting into fighting but have no idea where to start

is this a difficult discussion to have here?
should i go to a different board

I actually started boxing last month.
This shits hard, they had me sparring the second time i went to train and it's basically just people beating my face in while i try to stay in correct form.
The only strat i can do that works is punch them at the same time they punch me, because im bigger than them.

Anyone got any tips on how to slip better? How do you even train that besides having another person trying yo hit you?

Attached: 1564215582568.jpg (1676x1209, 276K)

>Ginger cunt literally dives head first into his knee
>mfw

Attached: 1566756118244.jpg (705x602, 46K)

Please be in Yuma
Also checked

because im going to get chin + jaw surgery to fix my shit tier genetics and i dont want to have my implants displaced
idk if that's possibke but it definitely seems like a reasonable outcome.

Sounds like they are mugging off the new guy desu... I started about 2 months ago with gloves and pads, to help with conditioning and coordination. The sparring like that will get you in a position to better anticipate your opponent, at which point you can contact spar with someone of a similar skill.

hnnnnng

Yeah, thats what i thought it would be like, and i think you'll have a better base because of it. Not even used to half the basic stuff yet
But everyone that goes to this guy for training, has won their fights. So im just trusting that maybe i'll get better if they beat the shit out of me long enough.

There's judo and sambo dude, as well as many MMA places do practice wrestling.

I use'em to fuck your mom