/mag/ - Martial Arts General

we love tough women

Attached: 1563027389923.png (464x359, 156K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wqcbMuNRkFY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=TT8HJ1-CrFI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>finally had the chance to spar
>forgot my chest guard
How'd I fuck up that bad?

Attached: 1483162046273.gif (320x174, 2.04M)

>talk to a BJJ school about potentially joining
>go for the second trial class yesterday
>message them in advance
>no reply
>no one at the gym
>door locked
>nothing on their facebook or website
Should I look for another gym? The first trial class was decently fun, but this is annoying.

It's a red flag but it might be run by just 1 person. Reach out again, specifically naming what you experienced. They might have an appgroup thats better updated amd used for these things.

It's like 2 black belts and some nogi guys who do the training. I facebook messaged the dojo for the details.

how does it feel to get punched or kicked in the tits?

Attached: 1566840344072.jpg (1103x1397, 963K)

It hurts

>ghosted by a BJJ school
oof

:(

Bump

you free?
wanna work on the template?

What template?

Got my black belt last week boys. Took thirteen long years but I finally did it. We're all gonna make it brash, just gotta stay consistent.

Ok whats the least worst karate school for a fight

OP's
we ain't got one
13 years for a black belt? woah
what are you training?

the one with the most sparring

Congrats fa.m

Nameru

BJJ bro, shit takes a while esp if you train at an old school gym. My Tae Kwon Do black belt took less than half that amount of time.

already told you
kyokushin and hybrid karate styles like american/hawaiian kenpo, chun kuk do and kajukenbo are solid schools
the more sparring and crosstraining the better, though it boils down to the quality of your dojo and the competence of your instructor(s)

well done brah

Thanks man. Now the fun begins: competing in the black belt division.

Surprisingly based post. Hawaiian kenpo and kajukenbo are great, but like with every other traditional martial art you've got to be very wary of mcdojos. I've got my black belt in kaju and I can tell you the majority of schools have the same issues with watered down teachings that other karate styles have. Look for places that teach simple techniques and do real sparring (not point sparring shit). That'll be a good place to start.

Congrats Aikido bro. Now you're free to start an actual martial art

Kyokushin, literally everything else is a total meme.

Not very good at reading are ya?

Tbh this is kinda right. I'm this guy btw

Any other input on this matter?

What kind of bullshit martial art requires chest pads for sparring?

Attached: 1566863903172.jpg (500x375, 65K)

I'm better at reading than you are at takedowns that's for sure
Now get on your butt let's fight

Get in my guard bro

Would you even really call Hawaiian kempo karate? I know it's technically derived from it, but in my experience it's really just in the name.
I train at one of the Pit affiliates (John Hacklemans system), and we're about 50% grappling and our striking looks much more like dutch kickboxing than karate

Yeah outside of hackelman's system it's much more traditional in style. Hackelman added a ton of kickboxing and grappling because he coaches mma fighters. It's definitely more effective but arguably has lost touch with its roots. Do you guys do forms at all? A lot of his guys don't even fight from a bladed stance

Forms as in katas?
We have something like them, but they're really just kickboxing combinations, takedowns, or submissions that we drill over and over and in sequence.
We also don't use a bladed stance - its wider and lower than any straight up striking stance, but higher and more erect than a grappling stance

Yeah that's what I've seen from his guys, more of a classic MMA stance really. It's interesting that you guys didn't keep the old forms at all, but if the idea is to eschew tradition in favor of straight combat effectiveness it makes sense.

Yeah we really don't have much traditional stuff. We occasionally wear gis, the kumu bows us into class, and we have to bow on and off the mat, but that's pretty much it.
Is there an organized association/group for more traditional kajubenbo/American kempo disciplines that you know of?

>soccer kicks you in the face
Cut your hair hippy, your acai has failed you

went mma with my gf and it was her first time. She tapped 3 beginner women because I taught her some guardplay and guillotine, she's very strong as well.

What are some other cool submissions she could do? She's 5'9 and 135lbs

m8 its a bjj gym, if you like it keep trying to get in. if your not able too, look for another. bjj is so big rn that you could probably find another one within the same distance

Attached: 1566223903673.jpg (540x564, 67K)

She's tall for a woman, so I'm guessing triangle would be a good idea

I know, and there is an MMA gym with BJJ classes in the same area. I'm just wondering if I should give the first school another shot or not. Just wondering if this is a red flag, as the other user said.

How are the instructors at each? Price? Class schedule?
If all are better at the BJJ school, go there. If they're better at the mma gym, go there

Perhaps, it can also be a smaller gym with simply too little manpower to monitor every communication channel. Usually you need to find out how they communicate, otherwise you miss half the events.

>durrrrrr i know lets call our teachers/masters/sensies professors so we can be special and sound smurt

Both have black belts teaching. The bjj place recently won a team competition in my city, while the mma place has their fighters in smaller promotions but also has good ties with some Bellator fighters.
In my schedule, the bjj place has the opportunity to train 4x (1 open mat), the mma place 3x (1 open mat). The mma place does have the option of doing gi and nogi back to back, meaning the total sessions per week could be 4 as well.
Mma place is pricier (55 euros/month) than the bjj place (40 euros/month). The mma place has options for heavy bag training and striking if I feel like doing that though.

Yeah, could be but I was talking to one of their guys semi-frequently on facebook messenger.

>Mma place is pricier (55 euros/month) than the bjj place (40 euros/month)
are you fucking serious? my MMA gym is 125 per month(with unlimited sessions but still they don't exactly run mma classes all day every day), my sanshou gym before that was 150 a month(3 sessions a week). you're one lucky cunt

forgot to say thats in burgers

Goddamn m8, that sucks. You're welcome to move to the Netherlands and come train here

Why do people shit on kung fu so much here? Is it just because of all the fake schools out there or is the real deal shit as well?

Attached: 1544472369555.jpg (640x360, 22K)

*throws you*
Nothin personnel

Both. Mostly because Kung Fu had a massive reputation in the mid to late 20th century due to Hong Kong cinema. Enough to have a hipster reaction to it. It had a big resurgence with The Matrix as well (althought Neo is seen downloading JuJitsu and other martial arts if you read the screen). The general public had an inflated opinion of it's effectiveness.

Especially compared to Western martial arts like Wrestling and Boxing who if they're not better are trained very differently and so far Traditional Chinese Martial arts have gotten themselves destroyed in cross art sparring. People who box see the way Kung Fu does things and assumes it's just shit form rather than different form. Kung fu has loads of hammer fists and straight punches that don't make sense to a pure striker because they come weapon movements.

I do mostly stickfighting and HEMA fencing and true enough my strongest punch is a straight punch that best mimics the cutting strikes my muscles are most tuned for. Kung Fu forms grew up like this.

Kung Fu has fantastic resources for learning techniques incredibly well. Taking a technique slowly from the ground up mastering it with every part of the body (as opposed to Western training styles were you keep throwing out shit reps until you refine it to something good) but Kung Fu also has a really abstract and inefficient learning syllabus. Learning a bizarre contortionist 5 stage Dance and from that dancing 'applications' that are actually the real techniques. It's nice if you want a more aerobic spiritual friday night class but doesn't deliver fighting abilities let alone cardio gains of 6 months of boxing drills or wrestling.

fuck yeah i just might with those prices. this is the schedule that costs $125 burgers a month for not very nice facilities. don't mind the krav maga and "boot camp" shit, thats just the soccer mom self defense classes and fitness classes, they're their own thing and just do it at our gym

forgot to attach pic

Attached: schedule.jpg (1174x633, 148K)

Only legit kung fu is sanshou

Yeah for Kajukenbo there's KSDI (kajukenbo self defense institute) and KAA (kajukenbo association of america). As for kenpo the only one I know off the top of my head is AKKI (American kenpo karate international). They should all have black belt registries which should help you find instructors in your area.

>catches your leg and tips your shit off with a heel hook
Heh, nothin personal, kid

and sanshou is literally just wrestle kickboxing from the west that developed as a reaction to kung fu wushu nonsense. only problem i had with sanshou is the same problem a lot of MT guys have, there's very little head movement. my coach was straight outta china and fairly succesfull there so i wasn't getting bullshitted, it's just they don't really care about the damage or KO's, it's more about takedowns. although some people do get knocked the fuck out at sanshou tournaments.

>reaches up and punches your fucking face in while you tickle my foot
thanks for the footrub, kid

>throwing little rabbit punches from the grapple
Stop, that tickles

>bouncing your manbun off the floor as your nose shatters
we're done here kid, nothin personnel, i just finished jerking off is all.

this ERP is over.

Attached: judo.jpg (1200x800, 105K)

>thinking you can make due with just one style and not cross training
Poor thing, its retarded

>bjj nerd telling an mma guy to cross train
?????

Attached: ippon.gif (540x300, 1.92M)

israel adesanya's striking is literally so far ahead of everyone else in his weight class it's not even fucking funny, imagine what would happen if kickboxers or muay thai fighters who were actually good started competing in the UFC

youtube.com/watch?v=wqcbMuNRkFY

>no mma fighters have BJJ blackbelts
Oof

literally nobody, not a single soul said that lmao

Attached: judo for self defense.jpg (1200x675, 77K)

Post link to ur record brah

my belts speak for themselves bitch

Attached: whats up now pussy.jpg (800x540, 67K)

Let's see that record faggot

watch your mouth before i fuck you up, i can throw 12-6 elbows on the streets

Attached: tom-lawlor-just-bleedcreditcombatlifestyle.jpg (428x357, 45K)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=TT8HJ1-CrFI

Bu-But you guy said that kung fu is bullshit and dosent work in a real fight

You haven't even fought have you?
>I'm an mma fighter
LOLE

Aaaaaaaaaajsjdjdjwj

>gets called out
>starts spewing memes like a redditor
oh wow

i'll give you a hint, my name has a T in it

Attached: judo.gif (320x172, 1.45M)

Is it faggot?

hey judocuck long time no see

Attached: 8d6.jpg (645x729, 48K)

You do realize there's a lot of people in the real world that know how to fight? I'm an amateur Muay Thai fighter, state champion wrestler, BJJ purple belt and a gold medalist 2nd dan ITF TKD practitioner at 180lbs.
Most of the guys I train with are a lot more dangerous than I am, and my gym is several hundred people large. There's gyms like this all over the country filled with killers, people that could literally kill the average person with their bare hands in 60 seconds or less.
These roided faggots don't know shit, wait until you get in a ring with a guy that looks like he's made from steel cables with the intent to knock your fucking block right off your shoulders. These dudes wouldn't last 5 fucking minutes in our gyms. They need all their pussy butt buddies on their ass to handle business. Pound for pound, they aren't worth shit. We have 100lb females that would absolute starch these fools.

>I'm an amateur Muay Thai fighter, state champion wrestler, BJJ purple belt and a gold medalist 2nd dan ITF TKD practitioner at 180lbs.
lol my dad works at nintendo

Keker owned

You do realize there's a lot of people in the real world that know how to fight? I'm an amateur Muay Thai fighter, state champion wrestler, BJJ purple belt and a gold medalist 2nd dan ITF TKD practitioner at 180lbs.
Most of the guys I train with are a lot more dangerous than I am, and my gym is several hundred people large. There's gyms like this all over the country filled with killers, people that could literally kill the average person with their bare hands in 60 seconds or less.
These roided faggots don't know shit, wait until you get in a ring with a guy that looks like he's made from steel cables with the intent to knock your fucking block right off your shoulders. These dudes wouldn't last 5 fucking minutes in our gyms They need all their pussy butt buddies on their ass to handle business. Pound for pound, they aren't worth shit. We have 100lb females that would absolute starch these fools.

none of you pussies would last a fucking second against Artem Lobov, the GOAT fighter

>Judocuck
I don't do judo though. I do boxing. Grapplings for fags like you

see
have fun limping for the rest of your life

>Uppercuts your head when you go to hump my legs like the fagboy you are
See I can do it too, little boy. Maybe you should try a real mans sport.

Holy shit dude, that schedule is pretty ass. My mma place has less classes but more 'real' things, so I think I'll give them a try

Lol this kid would get smashed in a real fight

Lmao you like hugging naked man ? You wrestlers are all gay lol martial arts fags ain’t shit all talk lmao you can’t even fight for real with your cute little padding’s on your fists and all that rules. Only thing you kill is time wasted time with that useless crap and you know that shit ain’t worth nothing. That’s how a real man looks you won’t reach that state you don’t even need to try and forget uploading a pic cuz no one wants to see your fugly ass body lmao ain’t even like You would post something lol better stay at martial arts larpibg you ain’t made for bb

Attached: 26BA218D-A7C9-4561-9A2E-ACD24DBEAD19.jpg (1242x941, 506K)

>Heh this guy wouldn't last in a real fight
>Now excuse me while I get stomped to death after taking one dude down
Lmao, keep coping nuthugger. Grappling in a streetfight is a death sentence.

>grappling doesn't work in a streetfighter hurr only if you're a fag who's gonna sick your bros on me once I start choking you out. Otherwise your ass is grass

>Wahh mommy why isn't a streetfight fair wahh
>I can't actually standup or learn foot movement, guess I better hope the other guy is "honorable" in a streetfight
Lmao, are you in highschool? You actually think people play fair in a fucking streetfight. Maybe you can cope by practicing your "pins" in the locker room with the rest of your fag buddies.

based saotome poster

Attached: youreSuchAGoodPervert.png (642x610, 339K)

>all that rules
Oh there we go again. It is not as if you cannot fight if there are suddenly no rules. Also rules are useful.
Consider playing chess. It has all this complicated rules on how you can move the pieces and what constitutes a win in the game. You are the retard that wants to go against the best chess player without learning the rules of chess, because you believe rules are stupid. Even worse, when the match starts, you immediately smash the board and throw the pieces around after which you declare you won. Cool game eh? Fun to watch too!
You are fooling nobody.
Rules allow you to practice, they spin up an environment in which you can compare yourself to others. We can debate which rules are best for one goal or another, but without rule the game simply doesn't exist.

it really is. it's one of those gyms where there's pretty much one dude that's a really good coach, has put a couple people in the ufc, but he's not always around and he's got some other experienced fighers around, but it's definitely not a great gym, especially for the price. but thats life in a small town. i liked my old gym a lot better

some rules prevent injury and only forbid non-technically demanding moves that anyone could do anyways, these are good rules
>no eyepokes, groin kicks, etc
some rules are stupid and make it into too much of a game, these are bad rules
>bro don't touch my legs thats not fair

bro just lose my number, 100%, thats a dicey, DICEY take on it. im not mad at it, for sure, it's just that, man that's a BAD look.

>Any rule that has no strikes
Dumb rule for any martial art. Same for headbutts.

aight lemme practice my eye gouge on you real quick

>A headbutt or a punch is the same as an eye gouge
Have you gotten checked for CTE?

>check
>for CTE
looks like you've already got it if i had to guess

So you and I are in a judo match. There's no points, DQ's shidos, whatever you want to call them. Every time you come near me I move away -every time you try to get grips I just maintain distance and slap your hands away. If you do get a grip I immediately dropped to my stomach and start turtling/crawling out of bounds so you can't submit me. At the end of the match I declare myself the winner because you did not beat me by ippon or submission.

You cool with that?