When you do hanging oblique leg raises...

When you do hanging oblique leg raises, are you supposed to twist at the hips as you lift your legs up or twist at the hips before you even start the movement? I did the former and I didn't feel much tension in my obliques, except at the top.

Attached: hanging-oblique-crunches.jpg (679x381, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-nbJbHMLB00
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well, you're clearly engaging your hip flexors instead. Try lifting your pelvis higher. Another good trick is to place a folded up towel between your thighs and squeeze.

Can you do them straight legged to an inversion?

Wind shield wipers work a lot better at isolating them.

Twisting cable crunch works too.

Agreed, just do windshield wipers. I think I'm the only one in my gym who's ever done them, but they work really well. I usually just do three sets of 20 followed by 20 regular hanging leg raises.

I always LMAO hard when I see people doing these cope ab exercises. I've got abs like the guy in the pic without doing ab exercises ever, it must suck having to do all this shit and still not looking as good as me.

Some people actually care about/need a strong core for their sport

>still not looking as good as me
Post body NOW

>Some people actually care about/need a strong core for their sport
Name one sport that requires you to do ab exercises instead of just.... you know..... doing the sport?

>requires
none
>gets benefits from
basically every non-meme sport

>none
Then user shouldn't have said "need".

>gets benefits from
Again, name one.

i dunno, something about internal vs external obliques. just do a variety of shit.

boxing

not that guy, but anything track and field

>requires
>needs
Nice strawman. Ever heard of assistance excercises kiddo?

I never said you "need" ab excercises. I said need a strong core.

When you get to a certain level there's only so much squatting you can do before you snap your shit. That's where assistance excercises come in

Learn to read
>Doesn't post body
Of course.

I guess I'm not as lucky as you, user =^)

Who gives a fuck about you?

>2019
>not just doing windshield wipers

phew

redpill me on wipers

youtube.com/watch?v=-nbJbHMLB00

probably the highest intensity oblique exercise without doing some meme weighted thing

Really hit a nerve huh.... Cope harder LMAO I'll make sure to laugh out loud next time I see one of you copers do your broom sweeps or whatever the fuck you call them

>still doesn't post body

God why is this board so full of retards jeez

>butthurt gay boy still spams the meme because he ran out of arguments
C O P E
O
P
E

I can guarantee you won't be laughing at anybody because if you ever in your life set foot in a gym it'll be to clean the toilets.

Don't forget your diabetes meds now larp extraordinaire

Looks fun, I'll give them a try later