/fat/ - "Just regular obese, not morbidly obese" edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For dudes of gravity who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant in that you should have already but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them.
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories.
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate.
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables.
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking.
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
>be a retard

Previous

Attached: stavros_halkias_instagram.jpg (600x750, 184K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21717516
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Confess

Attached: PRE_309_AB_0510_0007_RT.jpg.05f694649f86d8a165aa86e3cdd28376.jpg (800x533, 91K)

Went from 227 to 160 pounds at 6 feet. Now I'm just skinnyfat.... I've started doing bodyweight exercises about a month ago and I hope it can help me.

You should have started lifting weights at around 180 lbs. But it doesn't matter much. Find a program (SS, SL, or GSCLP are fine) and stick with it. GET YOUR PROTEIN.

Went from 7.9 a1c to a 5.4 and lost 40 lbs in the process, diabetes is a real kick in the ass reality check

>You should have started lifting weights at around 180 lbs.
You're absolutely correct. I just thought that I just needed to lose more weight to slim down because 180 is close to being overweight. To any other people people trying to lose weight, definitely incorporate weight lifting or at least body weight exercises/calisthenics to prevent being skinny fat like me.

I hate that dude in your pic so much. He's as NPC as they come and sucks at standup.

>have energy and muscles
>be fat
>loose weight
>have no energy or muscles
such is life as a skinnyfat faggot

>wanted to pass 200lbs by the end of august
>last friday was 203, definitely possible
>ate like shit saturday through monday
>now 205 with 3 days left

nothing yet, but it's coming
believe you me

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21717516

>results demonstrated that ECP supplementation significantly contributed to lowering body fat and serum lipid parameters such as total and LDL cholesterols with dose dependence

anyone tried it?

for weight loss I should remove milk from diet including oats+milk right?

Started August at 200, hit 189.8 today. You can do it anons! I just meal prep and do basic cardio and weightlifting

ECP?

Just realised that cough syrup I took for my flu earlier made me break my omad and ruined it over the past few days, fuck.

I’m already on a EC stack and I just found some old Garcinia Cambogia and açaí supplements
Are they memes?

Ecklonia cava, asian algae

Ecklonia cava can someday be especially useful for treating diabetes and obesity in some patients.

Though its health benefits are not yet entirely understood, it is also regularly touted as an herbal remedy for insomnia, hair loss, high cholesterol, asthma, and even erectile dysfunction

Thanks will look into it. I hope you are successful with your future endeavours

ditch the neurosis and you'll be better for it

For once I have nothing to confess. Fellsgoodfather.

Just trying to strive for perfection user

Remove all carbs from your diet.

mum said I'm too thin now

Mullen is funny at least

How can i get skinny quick? Got a new job working security just as they got union. Good pay, benefits. But I sit in a truck for 13 hours a day making sure protestors dont trash anything or rednecks dont do donuts on their ATVs, so I've been getting fatter than usual. My clothes are starting to get tight and I dont like it.
I was thinking of just starving myself and going to the gym every second day on my days off(two weeks in camp, two weeks out) in the hopes that'll make the fat start melting and sliding off of me.
I hate my body and I hate myself and I hate fat people in general but there's literally nothing to do at work except eat and run through the same bullshit converstations over and over again.
Im going to start chewing gum and eating nuts to try and curtail my snacking habits. I figure that if I'm chewing, I will trick myself into not being hungry. Only thing Im going to eat from now on is a bowl of cereal in the morning and a handful of dinner at night. That should be enough, right?

I just want to be slim and agile and sexy, along with being smarter because fat is a poison that rots the mind as well. Hell, I'd even be okay with being underweight I just dont want to see me manboobs anymore.

Attached: Clint Eastwood checking his revolver, 1962.jpg (680x850, 136K)

I am not sure if I Will risk it. I want it for hair though I am just trying to find people epxerience with it

damn stav legit looks better 300+. what would he even do with himself if he stopped being fat

Are you actually underweight, or is she just unused to you not being fat?

the latter I think
bmi is 19

Is benching three plates and squatting four still impressive if I weigh 363 pounds?

>I just want to be slim and agile and sexy, along with being smarter because fat is a poison that rots the mind as well. Hell, I'd even be okay with being underweight I just dont want to see me manboobs anymore.

>>>I just want to be slim and agile and sexy, along with being smarter because fat is a poison that rots the mind as well. Hell, I'd even be okay with being underweight I just dont want to see me manboobs anymore.

>>>>along with being smarter because fat is a poison that rots the mind as well.

fuckin wat

Attached: what the fuck stone cold.gif (200x200, 630K)

Yeah, you're fine. Don't take comments like "you're too skinny" when you're not to heart. They often don't come from people intending to be gains goblins, there's just an awkward struggle in the brain for people to replace their mental image of a formerly fat person with their newly not-fat self.

excuses: the post

Scientifically proven that being overweight puts chemicals into your neurons or whatever, read it in a study once. Probably not the only reason I never got into college, but Im sure if I was peak health as a child I wouldve been much smarter and basically superior in every way. Anyhow, it makes your memory worse, your thinking worse, everything worse. Fatness is a curse on mankind and I hate being fat.

okay then should I go ahead with starving myself or not, you inflammatory faggot? I don't have much time.

Attached: Harrison Ford, 1970.jpg (1000x1216, 277K)

I think you're right
I am pretty lanky but the stuff she claims is "scary" is also present on my eternally skinny little brother, like veiny arms and sunken eyes, yet she doesn't have a problem with his size and never has as far as I know.

It's simple.

Attached: One-Punch-Man-Workout.jpg (688x777, 248K)

Start with intermittent fasting work your way upto extended fasts. Also calculate tdee and count calories.

count calories and eat at a modest deficit. Figure out which foods are calorie dense and substitute them with low calorie alternatives, if you don't like low-fat diet alternatives then learn to like them.
And just for being a special little faggot I'll give you another free tip; nuts are a bad idea, they're very fatty and very calorie dense. Mindlessly eating them for 13 hours you will absolute eat 1000 calories in nuts without realizing it.

I was considering this but didnt know if it was a meme or not. Would I have to gradually increase the amount of sit-ups, push-ups, and squats over time in order to keep the weight off, or just if I want to build muscle?
Forgot OPM even existed.

I will research intermittent fasting then, will try this calorie counting thing. Will avoid nuts. Thank you. A new start for me.

good luck fatass

Yep, it's just brain problems. I recently had one of my extended family members tell me that I was way too skinny when I was sitting next to my cousin who is the same height and skinner than I am. Sometimes the human brain is just helplessly retarded by design.

>have energy and muscles
>be fat
either you didn't or you had a very bad diet for weight loss

Hate chocolate and cheese 22 hours ago. Now i'm trying to restart my fast

Went from 307 to 192 in about a year, been slacking on the gym recently. Forgive me father.

Mentally, I'm struggling to eat more than once every other day without feeling hugely guilty. Started off doing IF, then just gradually got more and more restrictive and now I feel like 48 hours is barely enough to justify eating, even if I run almost four miles and go to the gym for 45min in those 48 hrs. I want to eat, but I'm also really scared of staying overweight forever (I'm currently .5 lbs off which is the closest I've ever gotten to a "healthy" BMI).

It's 100% a meme. If you replace the 10km run with 10 kilometers of cycling, it at least becomes feasible for beginners.

i think it's just a lag in their mental image of you updating. comparatively you're much skinnier and look a lot better, so people default to saying you're done.
it happens here a lot in reverse - people who lost a lot of weight say they still feel fat.

50 lbs down. No lose skin. Really easy to stick to my plant based diet. 30-40 lbs away from goal weight, depends if I want a BMI of 21 or 23.

Training for a half marathon so jog 4x a week, and gym 3x week with ice cream fitness 2.0.

I think I'm going to make it.

I'm not that fat now. I used to wear a coat everywhere to hide fat, even through that made no sense at all. I'm even a guy. It used to be really hard to look at myself in the mirror.

I was so self deluded in the past. So lazy and stupid.

Attached: Capture.jpg (789x330, 28K)

>I used to wear a coat everywhere to hide fat, even through that made no sense at all
I have used non-long sleeve shirt for two times in public in the past 5 years.

I don't know what you started at, but if you don't quite hit that don't let your previous effort go to waste because you fucked up once. Use that stress and feeling of failure as a reminder to keep up with it. We're all gonna make it.

gone through 2 pairs of trainers this year
gotta stop buying the cheap ones, false economy

It's true. Shoes are one of few things where it doesn't pay to cheap out. You don't need to get really expensive ones, but don't buy cheapies.

>omad except it's just white wine spritzers

Attached: 1558146757744.jpg (1024x681, 102K)

I just got back from a workout and picked up off my weed guy, thats fine but he gave me a G of Coke for free with it what the fuck

Smashed a few lines now rushing my tits off I AM SO SORRY LADS!

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 12K)

>77 lbs lost
>skin is starting to wrinkle up
It's over for me, isn't it

You can cover loose skin with clothes. Try not to despair over what you can't change, just accept your punishment for getting fat. You're not alone.

120lbs and it's not too bad
standing up at least... sitting down I look like a circus tent

and my ass is a different story, but I don't have to look at that

>people starting to compliment and say I've lost weight and should eat more
You'll all make it, have faith

Attached: hap.jfif.jpg (1228x1228, 184K)

why you sorry? we know you won't eat anything

How am I doing /fat/? still losing, its a long way

Attached: IMG_20190829_222838.jpg (3264x2448, 1.31M)

>started uni
>2 weeks
>can't tell if I'm intermediate fasting properly but I'm only eating 1 meal a day beteen 6am-9am
>I've been alternating between: (1 sandwich and 1 bagel) and (rice and chicken/eggs/bacons)
>no sense of hunger for the entire time
>shitting once a day, usually the next morning after I eat
>also, 5' 9'' 198 lbs and I've been jogging 3 miles everyday (under 30 mins) for the past 2 weeks. I don't lift weights.
>I've "lost" 8 lbs, I understand that it's mostly water weight
Is something wrong with my body?

Attached: 1564245559180.jpg (1280x720, 301K)

yeah but I'm drinking booze and smoking to deal with the comedown, I am up at 9am tomorrow

He’d have to love all his teeth

I Looked myself in the mirror today at the gym and liked what I saw.

Today was a good day.

Just messaged like 20 girls on okcupid and tinder lads! wish me luck, worked out earlier and it makes me confident as fuck desu

I met stav and he's a nice guy, and in person his standup was fun

It's not gonna be fast bro

are you lifting as well?

You aren't going to make it. It's a lifestyle change, and starving yourself is a bad one, or at least unsustainable because you'll either A)give up and lie about it, or B) die

eat healthier foods, work out (lift weights AND cardio)

do your macros, look up what you need. Stan effarding vertical diet is a great layout for food and has a great range of shit to eat if you're a fat fuck like I was. There is no easy way. Change or get out.

No, I'm just surprised that I'm not feeling hungry. My feet are a bit sore from the running, I expected that. I feel "empty" but, at the same time, I'm not hungry or have any appetite for food during the day. Eating at breakfast sometimes feels like a hassle now.

The first 2 weeks/month is always kinda easy I find, when you get close to 20% bf it starts getting hard.

Any of you /fat/ties have this issue where the underside of your belly pools a little with sweat like liquid and appears slightly yellow with a paper towel? I've never dealt with this until I've started losing weight the last 6 months, it feels a little itchy too so I'm afraid I've got some sort of fungus

See a doctor

Yeah I just wanted to see if it goes away eventually on it's own since it seems like a summer thing

>They ordered chinese food to work again
>ate 3 plates worth of it

Attached: a62c10ee66f4157d74fabc337cf0945b42e04d1f.png (192x192, 6K)

I gave blood today and feel justified in eating 300 cal more than usual.

how bad is a 1000 kcal deficit? If it was over short-term, say 6 weeks? I'm nearly obese on the BMI so would that make it more acceptable until I reached a lower, healthier weight?

How do you calculate the fat lost from draining and rinsing ground beef? Say if I have 88% lean ground beef and I cook it then the drain the fat off, would I have 90% ground beef? 93%? 95%?

Don't, just track your meat by its raw weight. If you end up eating less than you planned it's just a bonus. Most of what gets cooked off is just water anyway.

>rinsing
With water?

it's a marathon bro, I've been at it for over 1 year, so far lost 38kg, only another 5 and I think I'm done. keep fighting.

just drink snake juice and lose the weight fast and easy

>I'm nearly obese on the BMI
If you move even a little bit, you can eat 1500 to 2000 kcals a day and still be on 1000 kcal deficit.

Birthday last week, Ive lost 100lbs, 40 to go. My near-morbidly obese mother MADE a massive ice cream cake. I specifically told her I just wanted a couple of really nice chocolate chip cookies and a gift card, no cake because no one needs that shit. My brother is T2 diabetic now ffs. My whole family is a pack of fucking grains goblins. I took a sliver of the cake to be polite, ate a couple bites and skipped dinner.

Freezer is now fuckin full of crappy "ice cream cake" and I'm legit not interested in having any of it. They even tossed my frozen veggies in the fridge to fit that shit in there.

>having to be surrounded by poisonous family members

Sorry dude, that fucking sucks. I see a few posts from anons in similar situations here. My family are luckily into health and exercise, and when I tell them I'm fasting they're really supportive, I've been an obese guy for ages, been in a viscous cycle of dropping weight and gaining for years. It fucking sucks but if I had fat enabling family members I don't think I could do it.

acid aint half bad for killing appetite lads

acid is the sole thing that fucked me over last time

always thought I was 6 foot just measured myself and im 5'11 may as well kill myself

is it normal to gain a little weight when you start exercising again after years of doing nothing.

in the past, ive lost lot of weight and did weightlifting on the daily, diet was on point too so been there done that.
but event thos im at a 500kcal deficit, i seem to put on wiehgt, wtf.

what am i doing wrong? is it jsut some waterweight due to exercising again?

BANANA AND PROTEIN SHAKE FOR BREAKFAST AND NOW IT'S 11:10AM AND I'M ABSOLUTELY STARVING

first of all, you‘re probably in noob gainz recomp mode
second thing is water retention in muscle tissue, I‘m always 1kg heavier in the morning after my workout

no shit

Losing weight is easy, it's just mass in vs. mass out. If you take in less mass than you excrete, you will lose weight

does cooming burn bellyfat?

Losing weight is easy, it's just mass in vs. mass out. If you take in less mass than you excrete, you will lose weight

1pm to 6pm is always the toughest grind
I miss waking up at noon

I'm on my feet for a large majority of the day at work (regularly hit 600 Apple watch calories) and have been doing weight training M/W/F, am I doing enough to make it? Should I still be going out for runs on my rest days despite having an active job?

>went from morbidly obese to overweight
so close to making it bros

test

>is doing 5km run, 50 pushups and 50 squat for the last couple months and losing 2 months

It's a meme but it's something that you can do at home and can actually help you lose weight, but as I learned, nothing can substitute proper weight exercise

Also,
>ditch the sit-ups and do crunch
>you can't outrun a bad diet