Is uberman actually sustainable? Also, I want to try biphasic, anybody got any tips? What to do during wake period...

Is uberman actually sustainable? Also, I want to try biphasic, anybody got any tips? What to do during wake period? What day should calories consumed count for?

Attached: f981f57ac70055649d30c71673316b61bfb4d438v2_hq.jpg (810x1024, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

super-memory.com/articles/sleep.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how about you just sleep whenever you feel like sleeping and get up whenever you're awake and see what pattern your body goes towards naturally?

>not waking up by sunrise like a Spartan and fighting Athenians until you either fall asleep or drop dead
never gonna make it

I guess I would go psychotic without a r.e.m. deep sleep mode phase of about 3h two or three times at night. at least one to keep sane should be absolute minimum.

old but good resource on sleep super-memory.com/articles/sleep.htm

tfw can't do an inverted uberman and be asleep 22 hours a day

I did something similar to Everyman 2 on that chart. The benefits were that I could go to sleep almost instantly and I could wake up instantly. The downsides were that I felt constantly tired, almost as if I had a hangover. After a few months I just stopped because I was tired of feeling like shit. The idea of getting back all that time is nice, but that wasn't a life I wanted to live. If I really want to save time then I'd cut out shit like Jow Forums instead.

No. Mid-day napping is a good idea, but I've never been able to "sleep" whenever I've tried.
Big ups to super-memo autist

Because most people have obligations where you can’t just be napping anytime you want

you took that way too literally. i meant sleep when you can, rather than trying to force your body into some sort of an autist pattern you saw in a jaypeg on the chins.

No, it fucks up your brain
t. my dormate tried it and had to take a break year after sophomore year due to how fuck it was

>Tfw Spanish
>Tfw your body tends to siesta but you have an office job
NOOOOOOO!!!!

the only thing sustainable is monophasic/biphasic sleep or biphasic siesta which is common in the mediterranean
anything else than that unless you are some genetic freak is impossible to do and not feel like a meth addict on his 4th sleepless night

That's the real Uberman. The one in the chart op posted is the untermensch.

Do these sleep patterns affect test levels?

Learn about REM sleep and why you need it. OPs pic is a meme, only monophasic is realistic and even that is stupid. Who the fuck has time to sleep for 9 hours?
From experience, everyone is different and rem cycle duration depend on only one factor, genetics. I was born being able to sleep for 5 hours a night and never feel tired during the day. I know people who sleep for less, my cousin and uncle who only need around 4hours, and some people slee for more, my mom needs 8hours. These factors cannot be changed whether you like it or not.
Rem typically takes 90min for a 'cycle' and each time you go through rem sleep that means youre done with that sleep cycle. You need to go through 4 cycles of sleep every night to feel awake/good. Taking a nap can usually tell you what your cycle duration is, add 5min and multiply that by 4 and thats how long you need to sleep at night. Adding 5min is to compensate for waking up at night, after a dream, etc.
For me its 70min cycles + 5min *4 so 300min=5 hours
Fucking around on my own i found that these cycles cant be broken or spaced out too far. I tried to see how long i would last if i slept for 2 cycles (2.5 hours for me) 2 times a day. I did that for a week and never felt good. I tried 2 cycles with a 60min break between them and felt much better. Then 1 cycle with 60min breaks, not very viable if you have a job but it was ok but still felt like shit

Tl;dr
Search for REM sleep and...
I will eventually post everything i learned in a thread but thats when i have enough evidence its true. Just want to help some brothers out

it usually takes me an hour and a half or longer to get to sleep, that's no phone no nada, just lying in bed. Sometimes its longer too. I usually feel really tired as well. So I've never really been able to nap, or at least its not a feasable way of timing a sleep cycle for me. Got any other advice?

Could be anxiety or an overactive brain
If it is any of those 2 you need to get your shit together so that you have less anxiety or exhaust yourself so your brain calms down

>user you're 32, it's time you got a job
>BUT MOOOOM WHAT ABOUT MY DYMAXION SLEEP PATTERN

just sleep when it's dark and don't when it's light you fucking autists

I don't really get stressed or anxious. My brain does seem really active though. Part of it is also that I have this weird urge to move after I've been in one sleeping position for more than a minute or so.

Im the user who made the long ass post
I have trouble falling asleep too, takes about the same time 30min to an hour to sleep. I feel i have an overactive brain, how do i go about fixing that?
Sometime ill drink 2 beers before bed if i have to wake up early because it knocks me out pretty quickly. Working out/cardio to get me tired doesnt help. Is there a healthy quick fix to this or do i have to deconstruct my unconcious and make peace with my superego to fall asleep normally?

>tfw biphasic TED chad

Biphasic SIESTA med reporting, nothing better than a nap after a heavy deadlift session