Always think body dysmorphia was some meme Jow Forums was throwing around

>always think body dysmorphia was some meme Jow Forums was throwing around
>realize yesterday I actually have it now
I WANT OFF THIS RIDE

Attached: 1566797947156.jpg (1124x1018, 475K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cOtXJ4RbB2Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm worried about my dysmorphia but more worried that if atempt to get help they'll make me stop working out

I strongly believe it has everything with the images and information you expose yourself to. If you’re constantly on YouTube or Instagram following people with insane bodies (they’re all roiding btw), or on Jow Forums reading threads that critique the smallest flaws on anyone, it distorts your perception of what is normal. Keep lifting but shut the exposure to social media off. Yes I just called Jow Forums social media.

I don't do YT, Instagram, etc and I rarely even look at CBTs and the like. It's only me and the mirror. Well and dudes at the gym
inb4 >they're also roiding
yes I know but I still compare myself to bigger guys

Sal is the least likeable joker. Change my mind

Don’t let fake nattys and the projecting insecure criticism from this board get you down

Q exists

Agreed. By all objectives I've blown up in the last year, put on almost 22 lbs and my muscles, especially my quads are just "massive", not super toned yet like some guys I see but very big and bulky. And yet when i look at myself in the mirror i just feel like i look small. It sucks but at least I'm self aware of it.

Thanks but that hasn't ever been the case. I've made considerable gains since a year ago and I was noticing and starting to think how much bigger I was getting with every workout until yesterday's workout where I just didn't see myself that way anymore and just did a 180 on how I saw it.

Similar boat but i lost a noticeable amount of weight and everybody thinks im getting too skinny, etc but i still feel too fat, that the loose skin makes it all pointless, pulling and tugging at stomach fat, stuff like that. Not sure if im developing dysmorphia.

part and parcel
>feel like I look small and short at 6' and 210
>feel like shit with 505 DL, 425 squat
>women tell me I have nice arms, disregard them because what the fuck do women know about being a sidewalk-cracker
>mirror holds nothing but sadness
>friend takes a video of me on the beach, posts it to instagram
>look like a thicc monster

Whenever people pat me on my back, or touch me on some way (LatAm so we're very handsy people even with acquantainces), I can't help to later stealth touch the part they did myself, as soon as I can, to check and gauge how solid it feels.

Same when in crowded public transport and people are pressed against me, and if they're somehow pressed against my stomach I have to flex my abs so it doesn't feel soft to them.

Does anybody else do this

I am incredibly autistic about making sure I do the "diagonal hug" with people, with my left hand over and my right hand under their arm so there's no risk that they'll accidentally touch my holster

wtf does that have to do woth dysmorphia

holy fuck same. living with this sort of autism is fucking difficult bros. im down 70lbs and still have the fat on parts on the body i don't want them in. fffff

Why is body dysmorphia bad? Normies do all look like shit. Realizing that is not body dysmorphia.

Is holster an euphemism [for some body part] I'm not aware of?

>>women tell me I have nice arms, disregard them because what the fuck do women know about being a sidewalk-cracker
>>mirror holds nothing but sadness
same height, but i weigh 190.
when does this stop, user?
sometimes ill get this feeling of being "small", similar to when i was a child. ill look down and see tiny hands, and thin wrists.

Is normal. Once you start lifting you'll always want a part of you to get bigger. I've recently gained some muscle but when I look in the mirror I see fat that I need to lose or muscles I'd like to get bigger. It means that you're self critical about yourself. As long as you're putting in work it's good to be self critical. Body dysmorphia is bad if you don't like the way you look so you just lay on the couch crying about it

There is a very big difference between developing standards and developing body dysmorphia. I consider myself better looking than 98% of the population. I don't think I look like shit because I can tell the difference between myself and the 1% or 2% above me. I also don't hyperfocus on the 1 or 2 and think that I'm outside of the top quarter.

Also, body dysmorphia literally is a perceptual disorder where your brain is missing the forest for the trees (pic related).

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-29 at 13.58.22.png (1648x1386, 476K)

This is legitimate mental illness. Seek help

People with body dysmorphia are frequently abuse survivors; it is not the behavior of a psychologically normal and healthy individual.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-29 at 13.57.09.png (1584x1248, 382K)

It's even worse when you're actually small like me or anyone else that gets told that they shouldn't even bother if they're manlet. But at the same time, it fuels my progress and I hope one day I can make it

If you have a mindset that resembles body dysmorphia, you're probably more likely to mistakenly perceive others as bullying you (and you probably also therefore have no sense of humor and have thin skin).

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-29 at 13.56.29.png (1630x644, 207K)

Back when I was 185, I could conceal my MK23 easily even under a tight shirt
Now at 210, I feel like literally everything prints because I have a huge ass and don't want to go up to XL shirts
never
one thing that helps is have someone record you without you knowing at the gym or doing normal daily activities
it'll either give you a better perspective on how you look or make it much, much worse
Do not use a wide-angle lens like a security camera. it'll make it much, much worse.
>People with body dysmorphia are frequently abuse survivors; it is not the behavior of a psychologically normal and healthy individual.
most people are on Jow Forums because they were made fun of perpetually at a young age by their peers and lift because it makes them feel better

Here's a fun Zuko x Jin image to make those of you with BDD feel better though.

Attached: 1540938901766.png (1000x1039, 956K)

>most people are on Jow Forums because they were made fun of perpetually at a young age by their peers and lift because it helps numb the pain.

Fixed that for you.

So nothing then, and as I suspected you just wanted to hijack the thread to brag/sperg about your concealed carry. And to think I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Why are guntards like this

It never really does, I'm 6' 210-215lbs (actually got much leaner recently lost like 3-4%) @~16% was doing some contact work in rugby training today absolutely mogging my friends, but I still can't help but feel small and weak even tho I'm almost guaranteed to play Cup rugby for the senior team in my school.
You can't beat media and all the fake nattys it holds. But it can beat you, don't let it, remember that if you can bench 225 you can bench more than 80% of people on this planet rn if you are

Q has his moments
youtube.com/watch?v=cOtXJ4RbB2Q

Stop being anorexic and eat, you're wasting away to nothing!

Stop comparing yourself to others, it really doesn't matter. Only compare yourself to the man you were yesterday, stop worrying that their are people ahead of you in the race when it's more than likely they simply started before you.

>dude just stop
Yeah it's not that simple

You don't have body dismorphia, you're just small
Lift more lol

Attached: 1566970071278.gif (87x99, 91K)

I still hate it when people look at me, even though I desperately want some kind of attention

>Q predicted this

I have it also, but reverse where i think im a god but im just a fat piece of shit blessed with decent height and broad shoulders

>be a total DYEL on Jow Forums
>mog everyone at the local gym

t-thanks Jow Forums I wasn't prepared for this

It’s what Americlaps have instead of a normal penis.

hi guys pls this is serious: when I look in the mirror I see myself as symmetrical, but in videos and pictures my eyes and teeth are not symmetrically aligned to the middle of the face.
No matter what mirror it is, in videos and fotos I am not symmetrical. What the fuck is going on?

As soon as you start lifting weights, the ride doesnt end. Constantly looking at areas you want to improve, you look so much better than you ever have in your whole life, but it's not enough. You must look fucking glorious and even then you won't be satisfied. Its fucked.

I feel you bro, people tell me I'm big. But I still feel just as small as when I started working out.

This is completely normal, people are used to seeing themselves in a particular orientation, (usually reversed like in mirrors).
Cameras don’t (usually) reverse the image like a mirror dies, so to you, it seems like your face has been inverted.
Because this looks slightly off, your mind gets vastly exaggerates all the minor asymmetries that you’re normally completely used to; it’s kind of like you’re subconsciously thinking “What’s wrong with this face? It’s not right.”
Other people who look at you IRL are used to seeing you that way round, so they will only see the weird asymmetrical things if they look at you in a mirror.

In case you think this is bullshit, try reversing a picture of you (not a picture you’re extremely familiar with though, because then that seems weird all over again). Alternatively, get your gf/flat mate/bro/whatever to stand in front of the mirror with you. Your face will look normal to you, theirs will look weird and asymmetrical.
t. Photographer

I feel like I have bdd. I want to be big muscle wise but last time I lost weight I turned dyel mode. Started power lifting cause I hated to diet but then got fat. Trying to lose weight cause I hate being fat but don't want to be the skinny dyel. Feel like my penis isn't big enough. Even though everything is average. I just hate average and want to be better
Kinda hurting my relationship too. Making my gf feel like she's not enough. I see improvements in myself. My cardio has gotten better, I lost a little weight. But I think even if I get a shredded body with a huge dick I'll be unhappy.

>Started power lifting cause I hated to diet but then got fat. Trying to lose weight cause I hate being fat but don't want to be the skinny dyel.

This is literally me right now. I'm just going to cut because I hate feeling like a fat fuck even though I'm really only like 15-20lbs over the weight I want to be. Just want improved quality of life and to actually feel like it's possible for me to be desirable.