I hate deadlifts

I hate deadlifts.

Are they really necessary?

Attached: 1564026361712.webm (640x640, 2.6M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RzBr6wof1mw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You hate them because they're not heavy yet, they might feel heavy to you now but keep working at it.
When you're pulling 4pl8+ in a normie gym you'll enjoy them more

>He doesn't like the biggest ego-boosting lift
Ngmi

For muscle growth? No.
For strenght gains in different sports? Yes

T. Highland Games Athlet

Yes, stop being a bitch

just 3 plate and there will be people staring with their mouths agape

>T. Highland Games Athlete
I'm moving to Aberdeen, gonna kick your ass user

>I hate deadlifts
you must be fuckin stupid to hate the best god damn thing in the world

Nah you can probably get the muscle required with squats. I don't deadlift and squat rarely but I have big legs. Injuries associated with the deadlift aren't a big deal for the majority of people pulling under 5-6pl8. Just keep a good form and know your limits. If you still feel weird do sumo

youtube.com/watch?v=RzBr6wof1mw

Im not a big fan so I do rack pulls

I used to love deadlifts, love them. Then I got appendix surgery, then my bowel stuck to the mesh they put in to 'strengthen' the incision site (it wasn't keyhole because of complications) and I got a couple of infections, an intermittent fistula and now not only can I no longer do any lift you can't do seated, I'm going to end up with a colostomy bag at some point. Appreciate the deadlift while you can still do it.

squats are worse
god i fucking hate them
but hey 40kg more to go until 3pl8

>40kg to go to 3pl8

Theatre a pretty round about way of saying you life 2pl8 my dude

>600lb deadlift
>vader fan film COOMIN soon

Attached: IMG_7415.jpg (797x605, 57K)

>If you still feel weird do sumo
and feel weirder

ye i know but "1pl8 until 3pl8" sounded silly in my mind

Fer sur B I'm only just 400kg away from 500kg catch me at the squat rack dawg and I'll see you in Shreddedville
Population:me

Is there a point in doing deadlifts if my sole purpose is to add mass?

Not unless you want to build balanced mass across all of your body and increase strength at the same time.

T R A P B A R
R
A
P
B
A
R

I kinda dislike them too because I'm not sure if my back is always in correct position and I'm scared of wrecking myself. Today I did trapbar deadlifts for the first time and will continue doing them in place of barbell DL. Try those my man.

I just did a GVT deadlift session with the trap bar. It felt a bit wobbly 7 sets in, especially in the quads, but a lot safer than doing straight barbell. I might be converted user.

Fucking hell

deadlifts are absolutely not necessary, a standing cable pull through is a good replacement if you dont want to do them.

Start doing Romanians, and then go do sprints. The hammy boost is unreal.

>ngmi

Attached: 5DFC9803-2114-4E25-96DF-5437D1DF7056.jpg (630x630, 60K)

>not necessary
>recommended cables
Fuck off gains goblin.

EKKERT MÁL

Attached: jón páll.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

No.
>Partial ROM
>Suboptimal for legs
>Suboptimal for core
>Suboptimal for forearms
>High injury risk
>Fatigues your CNS

Praise be unto our lord and savior T R A P B A R
He saveth thy back from untimely snaps
He increaseth thy lifts through mechanically advantageous means
He restoreth thy faith in deadlifts

Attached: 1539451794898.gif (448x487, 1.71M)

Lol we all know that most of fit doesn't pull enough for there to be much risk unless they do it with shit form.
Inb4 manlets coming in and saying that pulling 3pl8 makes them strong.
Spoiler:it doesn't

>suboptimal for forearms

>can’t even pull 3 pl8 double overhand

it still has weight retard, do you know what a cable pull through is?

Why would he feel weird? I don't deadlift but back when I did sumo felt much better

3 plates are 140kg? i can't even do more than 120kg for 5 reps

hope you cashed out on a malpractice suit.

i hope so. just hit 2 plates after 3 months of training

not deadlifts

>partial ROM
Not if you do squatting deadlifts, which are the only real deadlift you should ever be doing.
>manlets
6'3 here, 515lb diddly and I'm at the lowest weight I've been in a long time.
>suboptimal for forearms
I see someone can't pull overhand, try just lifting 500lbs off the rack and see how it feels holding that for more than 5 seconds, let alone with a controlled drop and pull, especially if you keep it from touching the floor.

I can lift the back end of a sedan, tell me how I'm not stronger than either of you.

I do, and you're a faggot for suggesting cables over a trapbar.
>inb4 hurrr it's the same amount of weight
Machine fags get out.

I'm new to lifting and deadlifts are literally the only thing I like doing.

So you're admitting at heavy weight, the risk:reward ratio isnt worth it? Good.
woah you can DOH 3pl8!?!?!? BIG BOY!!!! Isometrics are inferior to full ROM lifts.
>Squatting deadlifts
Glad we can agree conventional is a meme
>Muh isometric hold
Yikes.

Because it's the lift thats easiest to add the most weight to. Unfortunately nobody is actually impressed until you hit 5 plates

depends on the gym. I had a boomer tell me he's worried about me and not to hurt myself after a 3pl8 warmup set once.

>implying I was implying
I'm talking about forearm and grip strength, I want to see one of you talking shit on deadlifts as whole, go and load up 500lbs on a rack at waist-height, and try holding it for 5 seconds. That's 10x easier than also controlling a drop and lift with proper form, and if you can't hold it for 5 seconds, well then your grip, and by extension, forearms, are pussy shit and you've got no room to talk about shit forearm development from diddlies.

>dont do deadlifts if you dont play sports
might as well tell people they don't need to bench or squat over 150kg because they aren't powerlifters.

You shouldn't bench in general because it's bad for your shoulders but whatever. Dedicate your benching time to inhuman chest flies and lateral raises and you'll make everyone look like faggots.

lol

>Bro just practice the exercise that's extremely suboptimal at everything its supposed to accomplish!
Do you also practice bosu-ball snatch grip pistol squats? No? Guess your balance and leg strengrh is shit.

Once you get good at them, you'll fucking love em
Work on your form and train often

fuck bench, double up OHP

I'd kill myself and many others

I mean if you're going into heavier weights on any lifts I would say that the risk isn't worth it for any big lift. At that point (600+ lbs) you should just be doing those lifts for competition purposes not so you can brag about it on anonymous forums

When you lock out deadlifts you become a tower of muscle
Take that mentality and apply it to squats imagining all the muscles activating to support the weight on your shoulders
Picture yourself as a unbreakable mountain of powerful muscles controlling the weight and you'll feel much more confident

Attached: 1566925946818.jpg (2048x1858, 187K)

Honestly reaching 2pl8 is, depressingly, all that's needed to impress normies

My bigbox gym doesn't have them, but there's one autist who brings his own...if you own that shit why aren't you just lifting at home bruh?

No. Focus on squat and rows instead. Still recommend 2x week a deadlift set with ~75%1rm, so you can feel the strength gains, don't injure yourself, learn the technique and add some variety

They hurt my upper back

I can do 20 handstand push-ups and single-stance scorpions so I'm not really concerned. You're a faggot if you don't understand what I'm getting at, and you have bitch forearms no doubt.

Keep deadlift coping bro. Its a suboptimal lift, but at least the big numbers on the bar keep autists happy

Keep deadlift coping bro. Its a suboptimal lift, but at least the big numbers on the bar keep autists happy

Yes.

As far as i know they're only liked here because they "impress normies" and thus should only be used if you're an attention whore.

>suboptimal lift

what does this mean lol

i had a persistent issue with some lower back discs for about 6 months. my physiotherapist is the reason why i started getting into the gym. he prescribed a program which focused heavily on deadlifting. i started out with 14kg rdl and have worked my way up to 80kg now (i weigh 75kg).

my back has progressively gotten better as the weight went up. not to mention the benefits of me getting into a good habit of going to the gym 4 times a week. deadlifting has massively improved my quality of life.

>is one of the most effective compound movements really necessary?

You don't lift anyways by the sounds of it so who fucking cares?

similar issues here. the men in my family have some weird hereditary back stuff that give us really fragile backs. like if I fuck up my form when bending down to tie my shoe I'll fuck my shit up, that's how bad it is. anyway, deadlifts cures it completely. they're a fuckin lifesaver. told my dad about em and got him to start as well. they help him too.

No they're stupid and worthless. Just do more squats and make up for the deffecit of spinal erector training by doing back extensions.