OHP or Lateral Raises?

OHP or Lateral Raises?

If my goal is just aesthetics (good for normies) and i already did some heavy bench press (db and bar) on the same workout.

I can't do both, because it would take too long and i still have triceps and facepulls to do.

Attached: a.jpg (960x400, 33K)

Take too long? You are never going to make it if your workout is under 1 hour long, excluding faggy warm up. 1 1/2 + is ideal

You need to do both, and there is enough time. Literally just stop being a pussy.

Its a PPLPPLx, so i hit the same exercises twice week

OHP for sets + rest and lateral raises drop sets on the same workout takes some time

Do both, there’s enough time. I usually do 3 exercises of 3x8 for chest, 2 with 3x8 for shoulders, and 2 for triceps. That puts me at just over an hour.

What if i bi set OHP and lateral raises? Will it lower my ohp weight?

It's called a superset and I'm not the person you asked but I recommend doing them separately. I'm on PPL as well I usually do OHP then incline bench then lateral raise

>only wanting aesthetics
never gonna make it

You sound like a faggot. No one is ever going to make gains with a shit routine like that.

Not the guy who wrote that comment but there‘s nothing wrong with that routine. It’s a classic Push workout. Doing this twice a week will give you more gains than whatever shitty faggot routine you‘re doing, you fucking DYEL.

Both

Both faggot.

>he doesnt know about test drop
enjoy your cortisol fag

Post body

Attached: 1567173561165.jpg (852x969, 157K)

Dumbbell Shoulder Press is better for shoulder growth, do them heavy like 3x5 but also do side lat raises but with more reps, like 4x10-12

Why is there always 10+ workouts I want to do on push days bu only 3 on pull and legs. Shit sucks. I dont enjoy rowing or curling but I love pressing. Is this normal for others?
Also do both, they target different groups and are both great exercises. My typical push day is as so:
Dips
Bench press
OHP
Incline DB press
Random chest flyes or hex press
Tricep extension
Lateral raises

my push day looks like this

Bench Press BB 3x5
Incline Bench DB 3x8
Cable Flies 4x8
Shoulder Press 3x5
Cable side lat raises 4xBLAST THEM
Triceps Push downs Cable 3x8
Triceps Push downs DB behind your head or whatever its called 3x8

i hate push day because doing heavy bench press and db shoulder press fucks with me, especially while cutting

Yeah the whole push day while cutting does kinda suck now that you mention it. I fucked my shoulder recently while doing some max benching. It healed now but it was so tight for a week. My shoulders always feel somewhat tight and tired outside of the gym and Im worried about snapping my shit up.
Doesnt help thar the only way I can bench barbell in my gym is in a fucking smith machine. I have to twist the bar to rack it which is how I fucked my shoulder in the first place.
Thanks for reading my blog

DYEL in my third week of lifting here.
When doing OHP am I meant to keep my back perfectly straight? I find myself naturally bending back a bit when pushing the bar up, but I'm unsure if this is proper form.

Keep the back straight, yes. Otherwise youre putting strain on lower back and possibly harming yourself.
Also, tight your core to keep your back straight, this allows your core to be worked as a secondary muscle during the move. Drop the weight if you have to.

Thank you bro. Difficult staying motivated with this exercise since progress is so slow compared to everything else, but I should stick to my current weight until I can get the form down.

Lateral raises aren't even comparable to OHP. The first is an accessory and the other is a compound movement. You should do lateral raises on the same day as your bench and on another day do heavy OHP instead of bench, it complements it well and helps you build strength.