/plg/ powerlifting general

Creatine made mendo it edition

Attached: 1525896302680.jpg (415x604, 50K)

Are dumbbell floor presses dangerous? I am supposed to do floor presses today but I can't do a proper barbell floor press in this hotel gym.

No, I do them all the time.

well boys, I've decided it's time to get back on the horse.

and to do it

i'll be utilizing my brand new, patented "norsefat's beginner routine"

featuring:
>memes
>dreams
>linear progression
>fahve by fahve
and integrated 1100 kcal cut

Attached: revamp.png (1771x507, 30K)

Nice

nah bud. As long as you aren't doing a high RPE and have an easy way to pick them up / set them down they should be totally gucci

Attached: adistar for plebs.jpg (720x672, 52K)

can't wait for you to turn in to norseshredded. How come you only deadlift once a week?

>norseshredded
i think u mean norselean

any way, why would I deadlift more than once a week? I don't think I've ever deadlifted more than once per week. Even on Sheiko it was only sometimes more than once a week and just barely.

also keep in mind that if I'm working glutes or hams that will likely have some considerable carry over to deadlifts. There will likely be a lot of SLDL, hip thrusts, SL good mornings etc

Attached: 500 poons 5x5 4th set.webm (854x480, 1.22M)

>i think u mean norselean
that sounds better.

>any way, why would I deadlift more than once a week?
I have no idea just thought that was the standard. Whatever works.

christ senpai

back in like, 2013,2014 I always watched strongman videos before the gym and it always got me fucking pumped. I'm watching my old videos now and getting jacked lmao

I didn't realize there was a standard. you're absolutely right though
>whatever works

Attached: THE ENFORCER.webm (640x360, 1.67M)

Who even wants to deadlift once a week

I'd like to switch to 0 times per week if they're gonna keep giving me this shit, but has worked for me at least, plenty of other assistance/accessories keeps the CNS happier than pulling from the floor constantly

Attached: juggai.jpg (1382x250, 54K)

Doing external rotations completely transformed by bench and press, holy fucking shit I should have done them 6 months ago. Never done them before until two weeks ago and they've already added lot more stability and power to my bench.

>''AI'' program
its like you want an injury again

How do you setup for dumbbell floor press, seems like quick way to get dumbbell in your face.

And I have trouble getting correct bar path in barbell floor press.

About 6 weeks ago I replaced deadlifts with heavy high pulls and 7 plate+ shrugs.

My back and traps are bigger and I feel better.

Kick em up like you would for regular db bench/DB ohp. Or be a cheater like me and get meme hooks like Mike T and myself

what about erectors tho

The same way you would on a bench?

(Hint, the floor is the pad)

legs are absolutely destroyed by my 5x3 squats after 1.5month of doing fuck all
should I skip them today and just binch and dl? Im afraid of not being able to do one rep and fall srs

Attached: 1482439995-filloncolererisitassticker.png (200x150, 43K)

Wish I had those meme hooks, they look legit.
Sorry I'm low IQ lifter :DD

what a stupid program

They're nice as fuck

High pulls m8, its in the post

Hey g-man, what strength programs do you like?

stretch every day before sleep moran it's scientifically best way to stretch for some reason

So what are the newest memes senpai? I've been out of the loop for a while.

I mean I'd like to deadlift exclusively. If i was more ambitious i owuld only deadlift and front squat and OHP. is this the real Garagebro?

what has worked for you, specifically?

Attached: ready for deadlifts.jpg (500x446, 53K)

Gonna primarily focus on Incline BP as my main press
thoughts?

Attached: SPOILER_1527269363670.jpg (1096x706, 58K)

so high pulls are as good as deadlifts for erectors? sounds like a LIE

go for it but whenever I changed my main press from flat bench it decreased and I got weaker.

can't wait :^)
I'm too autistic/uncoordinated to do anything power-based like high pulls, would probably kill myself
thank you for your valuable input user
In terms of accessories for deadlifts? RDLs recently have been good, but the main thing for me has been block pulls below the knee. I also had snatch grip DL a few blocks ago, that really murders the upper back

I can't find any evidence for your claim (on normal google or google scholar) - wanna provide some evidence for that claim?

nah too lazy
a gym coach told me that
could be that muscle fibers like to grow with uneven length and you'll be making them grow longer if you do it before bed since they mostly grow during sleep
also could be that they stay lenghtened for longer because when you go to bed you're more likely to relax and they won't contract from stress and shit right away

also did 3 sets of breather squats to failure for like 12 12 10 reps it's so much harder than low reps it's not even funny

You should probably do your program

really, truly not worried about that. At all. Thanks for the tip tho

stronk triceps incoming

why are you doing it?

RDLs are gr8. Block pulls are the one thing I can't fucking do. I fucked up my back SO bad on them. They throw off my starting position and I hurt my lower back every time.

Snatch grips are fucking amazing for upper back tho, agreed.

Attached: incredible speed.jpg (684x359, 93K)

>whenever I changed my main press from flat bench it decreased and I got weaker

This.

also keg tossing sounds like the best explosive movement to me

>I fucked up my back SO bad on them. They throw off my starting position and I hurt my lower back every time.
Start with 60% of deadlift and work up slowly problem solved.

Shitty bb gym the incline bench is better than the flat one

don't you want MAXIMUM ELITE RESULTS from TACTICAL STRETCHING REGIMENT based on EXTREME SCIENTIFICAL BREAKTHROUGHS from my EXPERIENCED GYM COACHES

i guess you really are content to be mediocre

sacrifice to win

Sounds like majoring in the minors. Have sex

It’s all about fast twitch fibers and how tall you are. Anybody under 5’10” is going to suck at keg toss because they can’t even swing it between their legs.

alright there supple leopard
this is probably the route to go, I'd add that if you can get a side mirror you can check before pulling, you want to try to start similarly to your deadlift at that point. for me at least the main point was pulling from below the knee, if it was at or above knee then the mechanics were all wonky
>have sex with minors
wrong board

well duh it's explosive and manlets aren't people

Below knee pulls start so damn slow. Feels like the weight wont move at all.

really depends on the lifter and their sticking points, some people can do >>their 1rm on em and some can only do low %s, but if it's really slow then maybe that's a good indication you should be doing more of em?

K

Right but my point is keg toss won’t make you explosive. You have to be explosive already.

I have to be more patient with below-the-knee pull than with actual conventional off-the-floor pause. I feel like Tom Martin looks when I do them.

A neuroscientist told me muscle innervation or whatever it is they claim influences explosiveness is trainable, also a sportscientist told me that slow twitch muscle fibers work as well as fast twitch for any sport except for maybe weightlifting (hypertrophy of slow twitch fibers increased results in national level sprinters for example, shaved off like 0,2 seconds on average)

That's wild, I wonder what the difference is, just how loaded you can get your hamstrings on a pause vs taking slack out off blocks?

I agree with all that. The athlete has to be trained in effective triple extension before adding significant resistance such as a fucking keg.

to me, keg toss seems simpler than power clean since you don't have to rack
also the keg would probably move your center of mass forward so it would be more intuitive to lean back and engage posterior chain which seems to be hard for people

What happened to Jakob's leg?

Attached: 1552516043717.png (293x293, 112K)

Who?

My conventional is very stiff-leggy. It's probably lack of hamstrings and relatively weak glutes that makes the BTK pull such a grind.

What that nerd failed to tell you is that your explosiveness is 90% genetic.

That doesn't mean that people should not train to become more explosive, but it helps explain why you're not very quick if you have a vertical jump less than 20 inches

I’ve done keg toss in competition and coached it to people who are proficient in barbell movements. Keg toss is harder.

wow you read rippetoes article congrats

Doesn't help. The injury is just less severe lmao. I really can't do box deadlifts at all

for... what?

you're got damned right I'm willing to settle on "just ok"

when you say "at the knee" do you mean the kneecap or the patella pointy knee thing? Mine were always below the kneecap, at the patella thing and even if i was an inch or two below that the mechanics were just fucked and I couldn't get into the right position.

Attached: sounds good to me.jpg (540x527, 50K)

That's not just rips opinion. It's the observation of any strength and conditioning coach who trains athletes

oh interesting

patella just means kneecap, do you mean patellar tendon? I'd say mine were on or below the tendon, maybe at or slightly above the top of the tibia. That's annoying that it wasn't working for you at that height, maybe drop it even lower with light weight and figure form out if it's something you want to do. You could even try working up from the ground (off ground, 1" block, 2" block, etc) and figure out what is causing the mechanics to change

bench press is the best gauge of RAW PHYSICAL STRENGTH. you only downplay this because you're a pudgy, weak little shit of a manlet with an equally embarrassing bench press.

nobody gives a shit that you can bounce your morbidly obese gut off of your legs for your little bullshit wide stance "squat". nobody cares about your 5 inch ROM sumo "deadlift".

bench. press. is. king.

Attached: 1524117246666.png (492x475, 24K)

yeah, tendon is what i meant.

if I'm being honest, I have no intent to make block pulls work. Hell, I prefer deficit deadlifts any ways lmao.

I'm pretty sure I know what's causing the mechanics to get wonky. When I pull I start with slack in the chain (lower back, glutes, hams) and rise up into the correct position. I absolutely cannot start in that position at a higher height. it's weird. I end up having to push back, and I end up using quads and lower back entirely.

Attached: cyka blyat.jpg (343x395, 24K)

>for... what?
its better as in its bigger
I dont fit in the flat bench I get back cramps mid set because its too narrow and small.
and the bar is way behind my head i need a spotter to unrack like 80% of my 1rm

raise hips off the bench to facilitate offracking
otherwise I feel you

o

Attached: lmao 11 bags.webm (720x402, 161K)

I was doing fives at RPE 6, 7, 8, and 9. I asked a dude to help me set up. Damn, lad, dumbbell floor presses based as fuck.

I ask someone to help me. It's really hard setting up for floor presses in general.

they're fun actually. I like them. I like barbell floor presses too

Attached: Andrey Belyaev 395 kg deadlift.webm (854x476, 1.22M)

>its hard setting up for floor presses in general

How? Lie down in the rack and set the pins where you need them.

>you dont fit
what are you, like 400lbs? you can make a shit bench work. im guessing your set up is shit. pull a free moving bench into the squat rack if you have one.

Im just tall and its short? no squat rack i wouldve thought of that

got damn it feels nice slowly increasing calories after a 11 week cut.

>slowly
okay user..

Looking forward to you blasting past my 5 year PRs in a few months m8

you have to live it

kek who am i fooling, i am 2000cals over my daily limit ahahaha

every day

This is the maybe memme for the next month to unshit my bench and back, I'll try to at least.
Any advice?

Attached: Capture.png (2013x883, 128K)

a trip i have only heard murmurs about
nice to see your return

oh please. I don't even plan to hit my old 1rm's

What is your 5 year PR?

I've popped in and out a few times over the years.

Were they good rumors?

Attached: fucked up 306 kg.webm (1080x1920, 1.8M)

>Lmao elephant bar cheater

bruh your webm...

Attached: 1562702402526.png (1167x656, 588K)

OUTTA MY WAY LANKLET FUCKING SHITS

Attached: 1562719150985.png (657x518, 443K)

holy shit looks like +450 wilks in 2 months tier program

isnt it beautiful

kek

Attached: I TRIED SO HARD AND GOT SO FAR BUT IN THE END IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER.webm (720x1280, 2.02M)

> tfw 'patellar tendon strain' and can't squat outside of box squat

it will pass just keep box squatting for a while

is this the leg day general or something?

To be fair you say this every time I post about programming but so far I've made really good gains since I started using that general template. I did snap my back but that's not because of programming.

Nice blog

big oof

sorry senpai

every day is leg day

Attached: 197.5 kgthis is not in slow motion.webm (854x480, 972K)

>put 2,5kg on his overhead press in 5months
>good progress
now your reply would be somethnig something bench press

and the counter for that argument is you already have good raw pressing strength you just benched consistently plus your bench gains are not that good

Im just trying to give you a reality check, Guy. That program looks like a shitshow

I got the strain after my light week, on the first actual week of new program, when I had finished 10 week BBM.

Odd to say the least.

More like 20 kg in 8 months but ok
Bench went from 5x80 to 5x122.5 in the same timeframe, nothing stellar but still good for being an accessory I didn't care about and skipped every other time I was supposed to do it
>That program looks like a shitshow
Why

how wide do you grip on OHP

you kepe ignoring this question

I forgot to measure it
But I told you already on one bar the inside of my hands is where the knurl changes to smooth, on the other bar it's a bit wider. Neither bar strikes me as being made to competition spec though so I'll just have to bring a tape measure to the gym if I remember it.

His OHP is incline bench -tier.

OHP is like bench, you need to arch your back if you want to press max weight
>muh standing incline bench
either dummy or cope
how wide is the grip relative to your shoulder width