Is this mandatory?

Is this mandatory?

Attached: 34625613466.jpg (450x450, 19K)

Of course not

no but it is handy

just make sure to use it when you're supposed to instead of being one of those fuckwits who walk around with it on while doing curls or on the treadmill

almost if you lift heavy but get a real belt and not this trash you posted you casual

At what weight on deads or squats should I actually start considering using a belt? I'm not there yet but I don't to be surprised with a random snap on the road to intermediate lifts

Post good belts/brands pls

Depends on the person
Some people use belts on sub 2pl8, others never use belts

Around 120kg squat. You could use one for 2 plate squat if you want to.

80% - 100% one rep max. When you start to notice that your form breaks. When going for a PR maybe. When coming back from an injury.

I started using one at 170kg deadlift

>80% - 100% one rep max.
What, its not like a beginner doing 1.5pl deadlift for max 2-3 reps will break in half while deadlifting without a belt lmao

not mandatory, no.
but if you get one i suggest a model with an ergonomically formed back straightener (pic related) for optimal comfort.

Attached: weight belt.jpg (1500x1500, 114K)

Spud
Get a belt that is the same size all the way around. Leather or double, triple ply.

Why not? For squats, deadlifts and heavy upright presses it helps protect the spine.

I do 5x5 squat with 130kg never used a belt, hasn't been a problem but don't know if I should actually use one

A belt will give you a solid wall for your stomach to push against. That will increase stability around the spine and also increase pressure in the fluid around the spine helping protect it.
The difference is night and day. Dont fall for the abdominal area not getting worked with a belt. It does.

why do you want a belt?

Inzer, titan, sbd, wahlanders get 13 mm one

Single prong or lever, double prong is a meme.

At what weight should I consider getting a belt?

No but this is

Attached: 3627B7F9-973B-48D8-8089-294405963285.jpg (1000x833, 85K)

Fuck off twink

Attached: 9F81D13F-5C6C-4D32-A6A1-CD4BC4BACA1D.jpg (600x579, 74K)

Only if you want a contusion on your lower abdomen. Lift belts are literally a feather in Dumbo's trunk. They do nothing.

Nope and what did I say wrong, double prong doesn't give any advantage over single prong in terms of stability. Single prong is easier to put on and off.

Attached: 2019-08-11 15.48.54.jpg (3264x2448, 2.41M)

Tbh i broke and started using a belt on everything and thats when i started to make real progress. Ohp went 135 -> 170, bench 225 -> 260, squat 245 -> 320, dead 295 ->365. This was all in 4 months.

Whenever you wanna, nothing to lose by starting to use it now.

No, that's retarded. Get a powerlifting belt.

>tfw got the hernia while doing lateral raise
Fuck you, I always wear the belt since. IP don't listen to this retard. The belt is useful to prevent this shitty injury and there's o objectively literally nothing wrong with wearing it the whole time you're in the gym.
Dyels will disagree.

Tfw I'm one of those guys

Literally does nothing. Research shows that your body just reduces it's bracing in response and you wind up with the same internal pressure. If your core get fatigued and you can't brace than maybe it's useful, but then again the whole point of doing compounds is to train multiple muscles. It's basically straps for grip if grip responded even faster to training.

>gets called a twink
>posts pic and proves it
kek

corelet

Oh post body.

You got a thinner one? Those are good for just keeping on and forgetting I hear.

It reducing your core strength is a meme. You could even wear it for warm ups but nobody does because wearing a belt while doing warm ups looks silly.

Get a treated leather one with a good warranty if you don't do Olympic lifting. Leather is the best for support. For $110 there's a 13" thick 3 or 4 inch treated all leather belt on Pioneer with a lifetime warranty and made in the USA so if you can afford it that's good. If the budget is anywhere around $100 I would probably go for them. They got some suede options for considerably less which is about 10mm of leather and the rest is suede. Everywhere else I'm looking they blend all their belts with suede and still charge $100. Pioneer even admits it's suede is just for aesthetics.

Check the other user suggestions for something cheaper. Some manufacturers are stuck in Space Jam era web design so they're obscure but if google around Reddit threads they can point you to some lesser known brands.

Single prong. It's easier to adjust on the fly.

Attached: 13mm-Power-Belt.jpg (750x750, 74K)

>13"
13mm like the picture says. You can choose 3 or 4 inch coverage for the same price on either.