Why do I have to deadlift?

Why do I have to deadlift?

Attached: how_to_deadlift_b.jpg (480x270, 9K)

You dont
And honestly shouldn't unless your goal is to get better at deadlifting

Because half of your body will be weak including your lower back and spine

go away robert

You get a big back.

You don't but it's one of the best exercises for injury prevention if done right.

For traps, core and forearms

at 1/2/3/4 you get a gym mandated gf

Heavy deadlifts prevent you from becoming a little bitch.

That's why we deadlift my friend.

The five compound movements do more for your body than any other exercise. Skipping them is retarded. You are just making more work to achieve the same results.

Basically just cap it at 3 plate to save yourself in the long run

>ngmi

Attached: B49105F2-4C4F-47F6-A96D-9EEB3B2D8661.jpg (630x630, 60K)

this

nothing more than an ego lift

My traps got big after I switched to trap bar diddlys. I'm a manlet so the angle between my arms and my core is quite wide, witch benefits the traps. If your shoulders aren't very wide you should try them.

>witch

I can't be this illiterate

>dies deadlifting

Don’t fall for the deadlift meme bro

Attached: F4F227E3-50CF-4FBF-BBC7-A7D8CCB9968C.png (300x177, 57K)

Reminder that no professional athlete does deadlifts because the risk is too big. Fat powerlifters are not athletes

Attached: 1558165043572.png (390x390, 112K)

this

deadlifts grow:
spinal erectors (better than squats/hypers)
obliques
abs to an extent
forearms to an extent
traps (all of them)
a bunch of other posterior shit

visually it's back thickness + forearms + obliques which zyzz obsessed over
you'd need to add rows shrugs obliques and grip isolation at the very least
or you can just do deadlifts + lat isolation and get the same results

not to mention deads train a bunch of deep core muscles that you can't target with iso

The risk isn't worth it for me desu. You're just one bad form away from crippling lower back pain for life

Well I'm no professional, and I like the core stability it provides.

just do low intensity, high volume

it's fun, and your entire back is trained by it, if you dont notice any back soreness after deadlifting you arent using enough weight

Squats, BP, OHP, Diddly, what's the fifth?

t.

Attached: 1563013384102.jpg (958x1326, 697K)

I have been diddlying in the 300s for weeks and literally have never gotten trap or lat soreness from it.

barbell row

jerk and clean :^)

woah the 300s?! unbelievable

eh ur back is probably pretty strong, try super heavy rack pulls, your lats and traps will be sore next day, promise

The point being, my lats are almost non-existent and I'd like to think that a well over bodyweight DL would help them along and it really hasn't.

trips confirm

ideally you should mostly get glute and hamstring doms and maybe a little lower back too
trap soreness from deadlifts depends on grip width and volume i find

just have decent form and don't push yourself to the point of passing out, fag

Why are you working out if you don't want to get better at picking up heavy things from the ground?

Your lower back should be feeling almost nothing if anything at all. Fix your form.

Wide grip pull ups. If you can do more than 5, add weight until you can only do 2-5 reps per set.

>lifting for strength
>not lifting for health and longevity
>not lifting for aesthetics
strength is just a bonus on top of bigger muscles

>Reminder that no professional athlete does deadlifts
what about olympic lifters? even the ones that do high pulls or power cleans instead of regular ones still do rdls for their backs

It helps me when I'm splitting firewood and picking up logs for my mother :)

>Good form
>Wear belt for 85%+

Just do back extensions. Safer, easier, faster, more targeted.

Not him but completely agree with you.

That being said just deadlifting a bit lighter and more reps, while progressing slower is great way to make sure you never have back issues. Just keep your form good and your ego low.

Fuck off, Oberst. I'm tired of this coping because you get 0 points on every diddly event.

I lifted 225kg a few days ago and had no back soreness.

Soreness/DOMs isn't from intensity or volume alone, it's from a change in or infrequency of

So you can have a superhero moment and lift a car off people trapped after an accident.

I dont ever understand this response. Just drop the fucking weight if your not moving up comfortably. Literally the easiest avoidance compound that we have.

Work on your form then faggot

How the fuck do you do this properly?

Practice a lot at low weight to get the form right. It’s tricky but very effective back exercise

I only do them with trap bars. Much safer. I will never do them with a barbell

cringe

Have fun snapping your shit, fag

I don't have a weak constitution like you

>doing trap bar deadlifts because you're afraid of injury
>calling ohers fags

Eat shit
>knowingly doing an exercise that is infamous for snapping shit
Ok, nigger. You aren't a fag, you're retarded

The point was that deadlifts with good form are great and your fear of injury is irrational, thus making you a gigantic faggot.
But if you snap your shit up doing them you definitely deserved it for fucking up

Fucking this. You only fuck your shit up when you have bad form AND lift beyond your means. Naturally, powerbloaters and retards chasing numbers keep wrecking their shit.
But no, just don't fucking DL. It's not like it's been part of every good routine for half a century.
I don't even know how people fuck the form up, because if you just drag the bar against your body, you literally can not do it wrong. You either lose balance or have to perform movements that OBVIOUSLY feel wrong if you fuck it up while pressing the bar against your body.

My deadlifting and strength training in general was actually useful for my job. I have to pick up heavy things at the workshop, move them from place to place, etc. I have far more stamina and get less tired than most guys there and I'm moving stuff by hand all the time.

Who would have thought that moving around big pieces of metal as a hobby would make me better at moving around big pieces of metal for my job? Astonishing, I know.

Attached: workshop.jpg (1000x663, 126K)

>warehouse wage cuck

Fuck you, kike slave

Attached: 2ED11625-3EF8-4A1B-A443-CBC2AC3194A8.jpg (680x494, 40K)

You do t-bar rows instead

read some books bro

Attached: pavel-tatsouline-headshot_s.jpg (600x600, 39K)

t. dainty faggot

>Why do I have to deadlift?
you gotta deadlift kid
or else...

Attached: 162563.jpg (258x280, 45K)

What the fuck do people even do to replace the DL? "Doing DL is only good for doing DL" is complete horseshit, considering picking shit up from the floor is one of the most basic movements.

Hello bros, I was looking to buy a rack for squat and deadlift, one like pic related should work??

Attached: ghhf.jpg (894x673, 89K)

>One like pic related should work??
No, get a power rack

what's the difference?

Away Oberst.

lifting similar weight to u and i assume my bodyweight is similar
it has helped my traps it seems, then again, i bulked, so i wouldnt know. never really feel DOMS from deadlift because low reps

kys, just get whatever you posted instead and enjoy wasting your money

Do snatch or reeves grip deadlifts on your "light" or "medium diddly days

Looks decent

>whatever you posted
Are you new?

bump