Chad PC 2019

I'm really itching to upgrade my 4790k/980ti rig... shit is 4 years old now. Should I drop the dosh on a new Chad PC?

Attached: chad-pc.png (613x831, 199K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/d4jVV6)
pcpartpicker.com/list/VYVdLJ
pcpartpicker.com/list/7TWG9J
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>$2700 for a build like that.
Please don't, at least make a good price/performance computer.
And don't build for more than you need, look at what games you play, and base what you need on that.

Your choice of memory is confusing as hell. You grab an i9, a 2080ti, and then a CL16 3200MHz? That makes no sense.

Besides, the ssd you chose isn't a real m.2, it's the early version of m.2 which is the same speed as a normal ssd, it was only made for form and not performance.
I'm still using my 7 year old pc and it works decently for the games I play, I was fooled by a lot of meme tier info like 4k actually being good at the time, and having an expensive motherboard meant you could do all kinds of overclocks only to realize that I never used any of this and 4k was pretty trash. (pcpartpicker.com/list/d4jVV6)
Spend money in the right places, throw away that rgb ram and do a proper build, you're overpaying by a lot.
I've been looking at making a new build but I'm gonna go pretty budget since I don't play very demanding games.

pcpartpicker.com/list/VYVdLJ
There,i made it better for you and it costs almost $400 less, you can add a dvd drive if you're so inclined.

>multi-thousand dollar shitpost machine
it will make you happier for a few hours at most

pcpartpicker.com/list/7TWG9J

Intel CPU

Attached: 19fa8277c499ea9d2d926eacdfa71ae1.jpg (621x621, 81K)

Honestly why bother. There's nothing worth playing anymore.

I have an i5-2500k and a 560 Ti and I'm not upgrading until it dies.

Holy fuck. Why would you get an i9? Just get an i7 87k for like $300.

Assuming price is irrelevant as it's usually for me when buying things like this.
I have to ask still, what are you planning to use it for?
In my experience very few new games that has come out have been worth a buy lately and most are optimized to dark ages technology of consoles which means a 4 year old build is still basically like a rig on steroids compared to the peasants.
It's always fun to build new but if you have nothing to build for then wait and let new parts that are even better come out along with a game before building

>$850 threadripper
>vega 56
You're retarded man, don't try pc building.

imagine spending 18 dollars extra on a fractal case
imagine spending 200 dollars on 32gb ram for rgb cancer

imagine spending 189 on an rgb motherboard

imagine spending 500 dollars on a processor with integrated graphics you will never use

imagine spending 3 extra dollars on an oem dvd player

imaginine getting a 2tb ssd for 347 dollars to play optimized games

>can't really argue with the power supply but it's still probably overpriced

imagine buying a 2080 ti with no games to play on it, with RGB, which is only a slightly faster card than a 1080 Ti

Imagine spending 2709 on a computer literally no one needs.

This. Unless you're looking to play games at 4k, for whatever reason, you don't need a computer that beefy. I can get close to 60fps at 1080p for most games and I built my computer in 2011.

if it can run minecraft you should be good bud

>Muhh bottlenekk
You do realize the primary purpose for this build is not to play kiddiegames, right? Anyone that's not a 14 year old autist spends more on the CPU.

Then why the fuck do you have a vega 56, if you were going to make a pc for video editing you'd get a quadro or firepro, if it's a workstation you'd get a WX, quadro or titan Xp.
But whatever, the build you posted had nothing to do with the OP and contributed nothing.

Don't fucking tell me that just because it has a threadripper you thouggt it's not a desktop...

OH NONONONONONO
WE HAVE A CORELET AMONGST US

Also quadros and firepros are outdated shit computing GPUs, Matrox and 7nm AMD accelerators are where it's at.
But yeah, the build I posted is not done by an underage cocksucker so it doesn't have anything to do with it, i guess.

lol I know it's shit, I spent 2 minutes on newegg just choosing the first thing that came up so I could create a picture for this thread

Unless I was really well off, I wouldn't spend as much money on this. Your rig will hold up at least 2 more years if you don't care about playing games at 1080p

Then please do tell me what you're going to do that justifies a $850 cpu.
Thought matroxes were mainly made for multimonitor setups but if you say they're good for that I'll take your word for it, they have no market where I live though.
And simply by getting a thread ripper you double the price of the motherboard.
So essentially you're paying $1000 just to have something you won't be able to fully use.
In my eyes that's really bad building.

So do you think a 4790k/980ti/16gb ddr3/1tb SATA III ssd is good enough to last?

I'm not the guy you replied to but yes, that will hold for a couple more years.
Just remember to clean out your gpu and cpu (change the thermal paste on both and remove dust in the gpu)

>8-core,
>3.6Ghz

You are being memed, my dude.

You double the price of the motherboard, but it's going to be supported for a generation more, while Intel mobos are not. You get twice the threads and cores for 70% increase in price and i can agree that it's not good building, but as a former owner of a Xeon, it's just fucking fun. Having the money and buying unreasonable shit is just fun. Seeing how my kernel could compile in under a minute, Firefox in under 2 hours was just laughable. Overkill is nice and I9 is not overkill. It's just a shitty fucking oven.

dont fucking buy intel

You should make a list of what you're actually going to do with it first. Most PC exclusives can be played with a low to mid range machine, so what experience are you going for with a NASA super computer? Do you want to play multi plats at 120 FPS on ultra settings? Do you want to get into virtual reality stuff? Come up with 5-10 games that will make good use of your rig's power so you don't end up spending a billion dollars to play TF2.

That's completely reasonable then, if you personally enjoy it then I have nothing against it.
Also forgot to mention it but I'd have picked a different motherboard, because while the VRM on the Asus Prime is really good, the heatsinks are pretty bad.
So many motherboards go for aesthetics instead of optimizing cooling now which to some may be nice but imo it's kind of a shit trend.

>he fell for the coffee lake meme
prepare for your cpu to be broiling daily

I went for corsair 32 gb ddr4 ram/1 tb samsung ssd/xfx radeon vii/corsair 1200w platinum/msi 470x pro/ryzen 2700x, upgraded from 8gb of ram/r9 380/600w power supply/256 gig ssd

Radeon vii is crazy, 90 mh/s mining on eth

Looks good ano-

>that GPU price

Jesus fuck me.

Except thats wrong you fucking retard. Its all about more RAM

uhh... I don't think this is necessary.

Check out my minecraft-on-ultra build, only $740...

Attached: BUT_MUH_CSGO_EXTREME.png (716x1740, 203K)