Be me

>be me
>Jow Forums encourages me to drink tea
>boil water in kettle
>I smell something weird
>50 seconds later I see smoke rising from plug
>Iwasntevenusingtoaster.jpg
>The moment I unplug it I see real cool lightning spark

So Anons, what did just happened? And what did I do? Is my toaster still usable?

Attached: 7.jpg (2263x2263, 1.32M)

did you buy it abroad?

No, why?

Also my little bro said he might have unpluged the toaster and left it in the socked. I think that retard did it.

The problem is that you have a retarded plug. It's supposed to look like this.

Attached: Fotolia_13001438_S.jpg (850x565, 65K)

user for your own safety please don't follow any suggestion on this board and just toss your toaster / the plug away. You really don't want to fuck around with electricity

well then that's it, your lil bro did it.
go beat him up

>...it's supposed to look like this.
No your the retarded one.
It should look like this
>Pic related

Attached: goodPlug.jpg (550x357, 14K)

if it's aliexpress chink shit, don't buy anything that needs to be plugged in from there again unless you're suicidal.
probably not safe to use it again if smoke is coming out of it, just buy a new and decent one, they're not that expensive. or just get a classic one you put on the stove.

How do you unplug something but also leave it in the socket?

I've seen some knowledged people here before so I trust them. I'll try to get a cable replacement...
No
I guess there is a misunderstanding. It was the toasters plug that was melting. Not the kettles.

pussy
Don't listen to this pussy OP, just stick a fork into your outlet
Pic related

Attached: doItOP.jpg (300x300, 17K)

when you use those multi plug things the longer cables cause it to heat up faster, and a kettle typically uses 1.2 kilowatts of energy you absolute retard. dont run several high wattage appliances using multi sockets

The biggest problem with your NA retard plugs is, you can grab the MAINS VOLTAGE EXPOSED part when plugging out!
just by grabbing it to pull it off quicker you could touch it!
So much to EU plugs are retardet

Who the fuck is sticking their fingers in the socket while unplugging something? Just yank it by the cord.

Meh freedom plugs

Attached: mehMurica.jpg (600x514, 43K)

Extension cords have a Current limit, or a wattage limit
if you plug in too much that draws too much current it just melts.
could be one reason

never mind, see that you're using a power strip. an electric kettle uses a shitload of power so the strip probably can't take it. most of them don't have any safety features so they just overheat once you go over the limit. next time check the labels and make sure you don't use power than the thing can handle.

*use more power

You unplug it but leave it in.
It was the cablelet type... I was supposed to be only using the kettle. I used both of them at the same time in the past.
Also I went and checked, toasters BODY is hot.

I'm giving it all she's got, captain.

Alright user. I'll do it.
It's better than a burnt down house

Its not about
>muh who the fuk is so stupid
there are people that are that stupit
ever heared about the "DAU"?
Dumbest Assumable User
so by designing the plug propperly a DAU could not be able even if he wanted to, to stick there fingers there and FUKING DIE

Why is American electricity so awful despite the fact that Americans rely on it to live? In Bongland we have the safest plug socket design in the world, and we never have to worry about storm surges or anything. From what I hear in Greater Israel you have to unplug everything when a storm comes in case lightning fries it all

Yeah, during thunderstorms we have to unplug everything and huddle together in the living room praying that lightning doesn't strike so we live to see the morning.

don't forget that these retards still use half the voltage and double the amperage instead for their thin ass copper cables compared to Europe

dont use that plug or wall socket again (electric engeniring student)
it will happed again if you do...
kettle use about 2000w.. if there somting wrong with the socket or pulg it will melt and burn

also check the toaster by putting in the the tub with you...

Almost forgot, thanks for reminding me!

>muh but the voltage is safer
you wouldnt have to worry about the voltage, if you FUKING INSTALL PROPPER PLUGS

>also check the toaster by putting in the the tub with you...
This is indeed a very wise idea, totally makes it work again
t. fellow electrical engineering student

What's the benefit of having higher voltage? Everything I own runs fine on the voltage available.

NA electricity is incredibly retarded, though I'll admit your plugs look funny. I still occasionally put a plain cord into the socket to use for high wattage electrolysis...

1. Reduced losses along the way
2. Reduced risk of melting your cables

>Less Current at same Power
>Less Current means smaler cables at same Power
>Less Cable means Less Copper wich is expensive
>Less Current means less Power is disipatet by heat of the resistance of your system

i barfed a little when i saw that plug