I used to do Tbar rows all the time and never saw much progress and had back pain all the time

I used to do Tbar rows all the time and never saw much progress and had back pain all the time.

Then i saw a thread on here and took the barbell row pill, no more back pain, insane lat gains.

Attached: 90A4F854-D3F3-43CA-B2F1-861DFEFC8BD2.png (1320x659, 343K)

Barbell rows are better that deadlifts for back gains.

I’ve been doing these but with the barbell on the ground, I don’t keep it in the air like OP’s pic. Am I doing these right?

Rows off the ground are fine, as are yates rows etc.

I usually start from the ground when im doing heavy explosive sets, basically starts as a deadlift and then you row explosively.

Wait, this doesnt target biceps?

You can use the supinated grip for more bicep

Those are called pendlay rows, but I personally don't like them because they put too much strain on lower back

You mean for more bicep snapping

If you don't do them explosively and don't put excessive strain on the bicep (i.e imaging the arms as meat hooks and pull with the lats), there's much less risk involved.

good form video for these? always feel like i'm snapping my shit up afterwards

I have very long legs and i'm not nearly flexible enough to keep my back AND legs straight while bending. Thus I can't pull the bar from the floor without hitting my knees. Is it ok to do rows without placing the bar on the floor between every rep, or is that snap city?

There is mountains of arguments and little evidence there is any real difference between holding the BB in the air or doing it off the ground

You can also ditch both and do one arm DB rows if you wanted as well, bent over a bench

As long as you're doing one of the above you're good.

aka a cheat row

why the fuck would anyone do T bar rows? they fix the bar path to be awkward as fuck and have about 1/2 the ROM of other rows (if using bar not machine)

You shouldn't be targeting biceps in a back exercise. Why would you want to bring in a small muscle which will tire easily for a large compound which works multiple back muscles?

>bicep snapping
you're not Yates rowing 400. your biceps won't snap unless you're swinging the bar around like literally every retard who thinks they have a strong back

Rows make me use my bicep.
>Inb4 doing it wrong
Arms are moving at the very least biceps are stabilizing

>finding out what works for you

wow whattya know

Yates himself torn his bicep doing supinated row.

there's no right or wrong. if you can better hit the target muscle, whether for strength or hypertrophy purposes, do that. personally I have t-rex arms and long calf bones so touching the ground is an absolute impossibility for me, even with good hamstring and glute mobility. other guys I know in the gym who have longer arms and shorter legs can touch the ground every rep without problems.

in the grand scheme of things, there's going to be very little difference.

>ignore Jow Forumss obsession with BB lifts
>replace everything with DBs
>more gains in 6 months than the last year
God fucking dammit Jow Forums

There is literally nothing wrong with a fixed bar path. And the reason people do them is because it's a narrow grip low row, which emphasises shoulder extension and keeps tension in the lats rather than drifting up into the rhomboids as is the case with a wide, high row.

So did Big Lenny but i think he was trying to row 405

>my point
>your head
yates rowed far more than you ever will, and that's why he got injured. he wasn't the youngest chap and his famously voluminous and heavy workouts made for a totally different physiological environment than the average person will ever experience

I'm similar, just use less weight and focus more on the contraction.

that's fine. also, don't keep your legs dead straight, have a slight bend in the knees if you have to.

fair and valid points. maybe it's just me who can't seem to get the fixed bar path right (which requires constant stance adjustment since the bar path is fixed). I do think the ROM issue is too big of a problem to ignore, however. or maybe i'm wrong.

I love barbell rows but my gym got pic related recently I feel the machine works my back better. I still do barbell rows though because it helps with my grip esp. on high rep sets.

Attached: FMI_pltr-t-bar-row[1].jpg (650x460, 106K)

Anyone else doing dumbbell seal rows? I feel like they're great at hitting upper back

Attached: seal.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

Keep in mind that ROM is often arbitrary. Consider the difference between barbell vs. dumbbell presses. Or consider that your deadlift ROM is determined by the diameter of 45 lb plates, which is ultimately arbitrary.

Imo, it helps to think of ROM as optimal rather than maximal. T-bar rows give you a big stretch, so take advantage of that. If you want a peak contraction, do a different pull in addition to T-bar, like a cable row or dumbbell row. There's a reason we don't just do one exercise. Every exercise hits different parts of your ROM differently and from different angles. You can even intensity sets by utilizing things like partial reps and isoholds, which used limited ROM but increase metabolic stress a fuck load. There's more to the equation than ROM.