What is good progress after 3 months of lifting?

What is good progress after 3 months of lifting?

Attached: Deadlift.jpg (480x320, 19K)

any

more than 2 months progress, but less than 4 months

Give numbers, for an average sized male with good nutrition and sleep on a linear progression

12 weeks * 3 workouts/wk * 10lbs per workout

Your squat should have gone from the empty bar to 405 for a set of 5

Benh press: 125-315
OHP: 135-230
Squat: 250-600
Deadlift: 250-700
Minimum progress

on a linear progression you should be between 2 and 4, which on a line is around 3

/thread

you should be able to squat at least 5 plate after 3 months

Alright then
I have a 42.5kg press x 3
60kg bench x 3
102.5kg squat x 3
115kg deadlift x 3
at 73kg bodyweight after 12 weeks
Is that bad? I've been cutting the whole time

Is starting off working out at a 25% calorie reduction an excuse for slow gains?

No. If you eat less your gains will be less

The only progress you should be looking at is if you love working out and you can imagine doing this for years to come.

This and thank fuck I love it and will do it forever
t. 3 months in but not OP

cringe

let me tell you what is.

progress is.

gud

Post body

Are you sure? I thought after 3 months you should be near 1/2/3/4

Starting from scratch, 1/2/3/4 is pretty much a ~1 year progress mark.

1/2/3/4 is a huge meme and doesn't account for body weight, fat fucks could hit those weights much easier than a Skelly because they carry around that weight regularly

I cut about 25 lbs for the first three months. I made practically no strength gains. My bench went up maybe 15 and squat like 25. My bf stripped off tho

If you're a beginner then that's terrible

>1/2/3/4
>1 year

Attached: 1398649133315.jpg (500x500, 55K)

You need to provide before AND after numbers.

115kg is good, but not if you started at 110 3 months ago

I started with 60kg deadlift, 40kg squat and 20kg press

That is good and I would say you are reaching near the top of your noob gains. It only gets harder from here on in but at least you are stronger than most normies already.

Also, if it matters, 82.5kg front squat, 95kg deficit sldl, and I do chin ups but I'm lucky if I can get 2 in a row

If you bulk you can double those numbers

I still need to lose more. At least down to 70

I just checked where I was when I started and my lifts at 3 months. All for 5 reps.
Squat 155 - 190
Bench 155 - 170
Ohp 85 - 100
I went from 190lbs to 160 and my lifts started dropping when I went under 165. I was also doing a shit ton of cardio.

>30 lbs in 3 months
How?

I probably cut about 20-25 in 3 months. I continued cutting into the fourth month. I did cardio/lift weights 4x a week and bjj 3x a week. I was barely eating and always tired as fuck.

Even so, that rate is pretty fast

It's not bad. Not stellar either but considering your bw and that you were on a cut, I'd say it's normal progress.

When do you think its time to move onto an intermediate program?

Yeah but it made me realize cutting is easy, just will power. Gaining muscle seems like such a slow process

3 months SL here as well, started as complete dyel skinnyfat at 100kg bw, 194cm

>squat: bar -> 80kg 5x5
>bench: bar -> 60kg 5x5 (lagging behind due to long skelly arms)
>diddly: 40kg -> 110kg 1x5
>ohp: bar -> 45kg 5x5

I've been cutting, down to about 95kg now, still look dyel, but a bit better. Aiming to cut down to 87-90 kg and then start eating properly for good progression, as I feel I'm progressing much slower than I should be right now.

>5kg after 3 months
You can do better than that

Does cutting affect your upper body worse than lower? I can deadlift 115kg for a triple yet I'm lucky if I can get two chin ups in a row at 74kg
wtf

quite based, gains are made over a long period

Wow your progress is almost exactly like mine, same height but I started at 80 kg and am now 90. Good work so far user.

Don't cut below 95kg, user. I'm 90kg@192cm and I'm just skin and bones.

I'm trying to balance between cutting and putting weight on the bar, so I can't go all in into a cut. Besides, I've made some noob muscle gains which add weight (or that's what I like to think lol). I'm also planning to do a 3-4 day water fast in 2 weeks after returning from a work trip.

You must have really thick bones then

Another question; 110kg deadlift was doable but difficult, I'm not sure if I can go to 115kg. Might it be time to move to 2.5kg increases instead?

do 2.5, if you can go past 3 reps first set, add another 2.5

Yes, that's not even a real question. Just add weight to the bar as long as you can do your prescribed number of reps with it. p r o g r e s s i v e o v e r l o a d

>water cut
Why?

fast, not cut
to drop some bf%, I've done a 2 day fast before and it was very effective.

Not as a beginner

Correct.
Shit mindset.

No it isn't. If your progress is incredibly slow you can probably make adjusts to progress faster

This is now a progress thread.
Post your starting number, best numbers, current numbers, whatever.
I started as a fat manlet around 200 lb last year.
Need to start eating more protein (currently eating OMAD and need to start lean bulking since slimming down while trying to clutch to my strength gains).
Really started focusing hard on my press and chins. Want to hit 100lb weighted chin and bodyweight OHP

Attached: strength progress2.jpg (1350x2472, 1.04M)

Maintaining my weight of 90kg/200lbs ever since I started lifting in 2014, slowly getting bigger. Don't have the spreadsheet on hand.

Also pic related is my weight during this time. Started around 200 lb and dieted down to 172 with keto for 2 months, then unironically did SS + GOMAD for a month. Then 2-3 months of eating around maintenance and building strength, then slowly reducing Cals, until finally deciding to go full cut mode (still lifting heavy full body 3x weekly)

Attached: weight.jpg (640x777, 163K)

btw this is from my bluetooth scale, measured my bodyweight every day. those points are all my weight at the end of each month

You don't bench any more? And thats a massive drop in numbers, even with the weight drop. You probably cut too fast

I only really benched for a few months.
I never liked it, 3x shoulder dislocations left arm. always felt off. dips feel ok though.
I think part of the drop is that I recently (past 3-4 months?) went from squat/deadlift 3x weekly to maybe once a week while focusing more on upper body strength and aesthetics. Poor excuse, and I'll be increasing frequency soon so numbers will hopefully bump back up somewhat quickly.

also I hit bench once maybe a month or two ago and did 155 3x5 so haven't lost any strength there, so I'm thinking even more that my squat and deadlift are mostly CNS related and I can get back to previous numbers within 2 months of good training.

kek

How to get good at dips and chin ups

As far as I'm concerned you get good at chin ups by just doing them 6 times a week. My dad installed pull up bar to our garages roof when I was younger. I did pull ups every goddam day. went from 5 to 17 in one month

Frequency
Go full bugenhagen