/fat/ Inner peace edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For the caloric elites among us who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.
>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant in that you should have already but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)liamrosen.com/fitness.html
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentagefitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy(Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/(complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html(simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com(better for packaged food)
cronometer.com(better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them.
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories.
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate.
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables.
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking.
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
>be a retard

Attached: 1568674022738.png (490x627, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

healthline.com/nutrition/10-ways-to-replace-bread
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1McAWnnomW8NGc5H_YEncKhoE4miuZ4ay29aukdHcbok/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17klg9ypPatyXN1KUL0330wpxStaT9bBkgN9ZTOXtp_Y/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

when did your weight loss journey stopped being a struggle and just became a part of daily routine? Or is it still a giant pain to make yourself eat less and exercise more? For me it was after losing around 15 kg, the appetite was diminished and I developed the mental and physical strength to push on

When I told myself I either do this now or I will die. I mean I was going on 400lbs as a fucking 5'8 person. I don't know what happened but I literally had my first anxiety attack and from that day onwards I have not faltered in my diet and I will never see 3 in the front of my weight ever again.

5 months for me I think, I'm done now, discovered at BMI 24 that I have loose skin (actually naturally buff farmer genetics) so I've stopped losing weight. Don't wanna waste money on surgery so I am now bulking, I have to fill out this fucking skin motherfucker. Pic related.

Attached: dd69cfce-758f-45ca-97b2-b62be1708696.jpg (500x565, 42K)

When I stoppes defining it as losing weight, and started thinking about gaining health. Then I exercised to feel good, ate healthy food that made me feel good, stoppes eating shit processed food, stopping weighing myself and my weight decreased easily and naturally

you're gonna make it

I had the same epiphany after a health check-up. Pre-diabetic at age 32 is fun stuff... now healthy weight and I know what awaits me if I lose sight of what's important.

Yep just turned 32 as well. I have a 6 year old for fucks sake, I need to be out there with my son and doing shit outside with him instead of thinking every anxiety attack is a heart attack (the anxiety attacks have almost all stopped since I lost about 100lbs since april).

Then good luck my friend. Just track everything that goes in your mouth and remember there is no easy way out.

Attached: Destroying_Chinese_war_junks,_by_E._Duncan_(1843).jpg (1040x681, 171K)

>Sonic was selling chili dogs for only a dollar today
>decide to go get some on the way home instead of go to the gym
>almost there start to realize my mistake
>imagine My 600lb. Life and other negative inspiration
>fuck this, I'm not giving up this easily
At the gym now about to get started for the night. What's your negative inspiration?

Attached: 1554282763197.jpg (652x585, 65K)

Amberlynn Reid

It's still a daily struggle. But it kinda makes sense for it to be a struggle, I'm not gonna suddenly undo 24 years of abusing my body in just 3 years. Maybe once I've maintained for 5+ years it will be easier. But it's still a struggle.

Can I drink if I'm still meeting my caloric intake goals? And do those slimmer belts work?

>being alky in 2019

Yes and no. Is it lager/ales/beer you are drinking?

I skipped gym for a whole month and drink boba tea full of sugar in that same month.

>What's your negative inspiration?
If I fail on any given day I tell myself that I'm now two days behind (the day I gave in to temptation and the day before). That's two days of my life gone because I thought Papa Johns would be ok.

Either Busch Lite or Canadian Hunter Whiskey. Depends on how I'm feeling.

Remind myself how much I fucking hate being fat

>Other 30+ posters
That makes me feel less alone.
The turning point for me was not being able to keep up with my 4 year old and almost 2 year old. I've somehow managed to skirt by without any major medical issues (no diabetes, cholesterol, or elevated blood pressure), but I know I'm a ticking time bomb if I don't get under control.

Attached: 1567379913308.jpg (473x587, 57K)

>tfw your favorite game series fat shames you

Attached: 1528434366851.jpg (476x600, 45K)

In 5’8”
Top 178lbs
Bottom 159lbs

When should I start bulking? I want to bulk soon like October or November. Or should I start sooner? I want to get stronger already. Or should I lose a couple more pounds?

Attached: 6D411BB9-8918-41A3-9CAF-723C96441D75.jpg (829x1702, 263K)

I quit drinking when the hangovers got too fierce (can't do the time don't do the crime) so I don't know much about booze except that if you partake in it, neat vodka is the way to go calories wise.

Between now and October you should lose those two pounds, right? Do a clean bulk October 1st.

hell yeah. meal prep, cardio, and lifting. thanks for the advice bro. this is going to be easy

Good stuff m8 and well done getting to where you wanted to be. If you have difficulty with a clean bulk then just add in 5 tablespoons of peanut butter throughout the day plus maintenance.

I've been away for too long, absent from these threads and from discipline

Some setbacks are longer than others. Don't beat yourself up too much over the past. Set yourself up for going forward.

i always thought i became fat because i was lazy

its the other way around

you overeat,become fat then you turn into a lazy fuck because you can't do anything even if you try.

being fat makes you lazy, being lazy does not make you fat. if you become fat its over for you dont over eat ever

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 27K)

you turned "I" into "you" seamlessly, I hardly even noticed

I got fat because I had no ambition, being fat didn't impact my life because I had no life

am not fat anymore

don't think I said you were, wouldn't be relevant anyway

Uyetu.
Confess for me your sins bruddahs an sistahs

Attached: prieststandinwhilefatheris away.png (215x308, 23K)

>go on a 2 days work trip that coincides with bday
>walk, have a round at the pool for a short while the day afterwards
>but eat, "trip eat", restaurant/FastFood/local cuisine that happens to be Mozzarella
>still on the lower end of the Kg I am suppose to be to lose
Well this is all quite silly. Considering I hadn't had a lot of time to exercise the days before too, meaning that I did exercise but not a lot.
I think I am going to make it to 169 before Mid October if I manage it better.

what are some good replacements for sandwiches? I hate eating cooked meals before evening so I normally eat sandwiches for lunch, but fuck bread while trying to lose weight.

Well you could look up bread replacement, I get something like this
healthline.com/nutrition/10-ways-to-replace-bread

But I can't comment on that as I haven't really tried it myself, I understand that bread can have a lot of calories, I had some with 110 a piece, another for sweet things that was 225, again per slice.

What if you made yourself pizza? Even without yeast if you want it very fast, that way you can know what goes into it and how much and make it very thin.
Mixer: Flour, salt, add water slowly until it all comes together and the machine stops, maybe add yeast if you have time to let it levitate but then you got add a teaspoon of sugar to make it levitate faster.
Grab a chunk, roll pin, cook, over the pan with a touch of olive oil, on a microwave, in the oven, until it reaches the desidered consistency and you are done.

I was running errands all day yesterday and ate two chicken curry samosas even though I don't know their nutrient profile so I can't tell if I overate or not

And probably got

wraps or sandwich thins
They've stood by me through 120lbs

Went bowling for mixed league last night, do every thursday, my average was 116.

There's an autistic kid who bowls in my league who throws almost 20 mph, shit's insane.
He wore a kh3 shirt and had a keyblade umbrella that looked cool, but it wasn't raining.
It's like a truck hitting the pins, he doesn't hook the ball or anything but damn.

Today is my last day on the farm before getting laid off, for the next 2 months I'll be getting unemployment and working at max 2 days a week. I have to join a gym monday so I don't lose my gains, I'm nervous about it.

Attached: 1568491017910.png (945x1500, 368K)

this ain't your blog chief

Not gonna stop me from talking about my achievements, last year I was a 250 lb NEET alcoholic.

Now I'm a 166 lb pig farmer who bowls on thursdays and is about to join the gym.

Attached: amianormie.jpg (434x258, 36K)

talking about health and fitness, fine with me
taking about your fucking bowling team, you're in the wrong place

I'm down 20lbs! I still have a long way to go but I'm making good progress. I would never have been able to do it without you guys. We're all going to make it.

Attached: fat_feel.png (205x246, 6K)

>I stopped defining it as losing weight, and started thinking about gaining health

Absolutely based mindset user. We're absolutely going to make it

Is eating raw garlic doing anything for me or is this a meme?

It's good for your heart? I suppose eating something so rancid must be character building as well.

Its good for testosterone, right?

This. The scaled has not moved for me in 2 months but my cardio endurance has tripled and I can see my face thinning out. Now I only weigh myself once a week and make sure that I can run and train harder week after week.

How much have you lost to get loose skin?

It's just a meme. Think about it, why on earth would raw garlic affect your hormone levels?

happy for you lad, godspeed

Does anyone have a goal that physically can't be achieved without weightloss? I want to start rock climbing and it's almost impossible with my current weight, I've tried to do it but although I almost snapped the tendons in my fingers

>Fucked up yesterday and ate a 1,300 calorie surplus
>Tdee is 2,350
If I fasted today, would it be like tommorow didn't happen?

I want to be in better shape for the upcoming ski season

*Would it be like yesterday didn't even happen?
Just woke up sorry

Fast today and you're fine

I want to be a sexy cam model with big muscles. Im trying so hard to go ottermode

yeah, having sex

Attached: 1552036772654.jpg (442x416, 39K)

Fuck it, you're right. Me punishing myself severely will only lead to an unhealthier relationship with food. I'm going to resume today as normal. There have been so many times where i binged, tried to fast, and just gave up halfway through and ate even more after that.

It's never not a struggle. As soon as I relax I start to gain.

what a good surprise today bros

Attached: P8.png (1919x827, 191K)

Actually this

>Confess for me your sins
I really can't stand Hispanics. There's really nowhere I can go to escape the constant fast, high pitched chirping of moon-faced spics.
Or worse the 100% Indio people who look like cavemen.
Everything is in Spanish and English around here
Who thought this was a good idea?
Am I the only one who's concerned about this? I mean like if everyone else is ok with it then like fine I guess it's not that bad but it's like we were invaded and all anyone can say is "don't be hateful".
Is that a sin, Mr niggerman?

>2 slices of peanut butter on toast
>400 calories

BREHS

>breaking a fast with Burger King
I am Emperor retard
Bask in the greatness of my empty skull and constant pure water diarrhea!

Attached: DDupiYAUIAAdWja.jpg (640x640, 21K)

I've done worse. Broke a 40 day lenten water fast with 2 giant open faced reubens in 2018 or 2017

Nothing specific, but I'm hiking a mountain in 2 weeks that I couldn't finish a few years ago. It's a 10 mile hike, the trail is pretty steep and the peak is 12,000ft.

A-am I ready /fat/? 45lbs lighter now. Maybe I'll put down a flag or something for /fat/ if I make it

>I am Emperor retard
Depends if you got fries and drink. Big double whopper with maybe tomato and no cheese is a fucking dream (as plain as possible). If you want to treat yourself keep the bun otherwise throw them at the seagulls.

what was your starting weight? Plant a little flag, it will be a nice memory and a reminder that you've made it in a way.

Does anyone have the link to the fatty contest?
I want to pull done of my weights off of the first two legs.

skimmed milk or not?

>toast

Fatties should stay away from nuts and bread.

I have skipped both workouts this week. Forgive me, faddah.

>both
The week has seven days son.

Starting weight was 209-210lbs, just weighed myself today at 165lbs. I think I was around 185-190ish when I first attempted the hike a few years ago. Felt like I was gonna die hiking it then, hopefully I can make it up.

Attached: IMG_20190920_080905.jpg (1080x1080, 610K)

Lifting is no longer a struggle. The last time I missed more than 1 day (not including my 2 rest days/week) was when I got pneumonia and that set me back a lot. I am now a "healthy" BMI, but eating is a daily struggle and I still want to lose 10-20 pounds to be aesthetic. I can do well all day and completely lose it and binge at the end.

Why do people even eat carbs? They're not even tasty, mostly bland.
Most of the time you need to eat it with something else just to have some taste, why not just eat those something else without the carbs?

if carbs weren't tasty I wouldn't be fat.

I fucking love carbs

You're going to make it bro. It's amazing that even with that big deficit you took 6 days to go below 110.8kg.

I started almost the same day as you (02/09/19), started with 80.4kg, 77.2kg this monday and was feeling bad that was only 77kg today, but I guess this variation is normal. We're going to make it!

Cheap. Can't afford to eat meat and veggies all the time.

Stage 1: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1McAWnnomW8NGc5H_YEncKhoE4miuZ4ay29aukdHcbok/

Stage 2: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17klg9ypPatyXN1KUL0330wpxStaT9bBkgN9ZTOXtp_Y/

>shitty chinesium gaymur chair just broke on me
>weld popped off
I'm not even that fat.
I want a nice chair but don't want to spend literal thousands. I never liked my shitty gaymur chair for anything other than being able to recline and have a head rest. I'd lean back with a pillow and blanket in it and watch some tv and movies it was pretty comfy. I don't want to lose this feature, tempted to buy a ~$400 gaymur chair but what else should I be looking at?

Seems like it's mostly premium office style ergonomics stuff without head rests or good reclining features, or a gaymur chair, or a cheap IKEA Markus which looks like it has a bad seat cushion.

Any /fat/ approved office chairs under $400?

I started doing negative chinups a week ago and I'm seeing progress

I use an OpSeat Grandmaster. A lot of gamer/office chairs are dropshipped tho and are the same shit no matter who you buy from.

brehs what are some quick, tasty and nourishing fillings for lettuce wraps?

Attached: 1568921541013.jpg (376x434, 127K)

Chicken egg ham

>Be 290 lbs
>Zero problems getting 3 dates a week
>Lose 50 lbs
>Can't get a date to save my life
???

Why would anyone want to save your life?

I had a week of hell:
>Working 6 days because one of the managers got "sick"
>Raining every damn day
>Had to do shit ton of house work
>didn't have good food so I had to do intermitent fasting so I didn't go above my goal calorie intake
>body aching every day because I just started going to gym
>All my hoodies were dirty and had to go without covering entire body

and you know what? I still went to the gym every day. Now I have no excuse to not go to the gym every day. I think I finally arrived at the god-like mentality, I will make it bros.

but what game is that user

That's not what that phrase means, don't be retarded.

had a burger and my guts are making some almighty noises

this isn't a confession, I was planning today for weeks
glad it's over now because it sucks having no wiggle room

If you want to keep drinking, yet not consume so many calories, here’s my advice: switch drinks.
- If you’re drinking liquor, vodka, tequila, and rum are your best bets. Avoid anything “spiced” or “flavored”; they’re adding sugar which adds calories. Best if you do shots or drink it neat. Chasers and mixers are where the calories especially get added in. Go with the Zero soda options. Don’t ask me why, but I’ve noticed Diet Coke tastes worse in a rum & Coke than Coke Zero. Find healthier versions of mixers or chasers you’d usually use.
- if you’re drinking beer, you’ll be better off with polders and ales, as well as a few Belgians. You don’t have to reach for Michelin Ultra. Looks for beers with less carbs; they’re out there.
Also, try a dry cider. Dry, Not a sweet one or flavored. Again, sweeteners or flavorings add sugar which adds calories.
There’s also other options such as Whiteclaw Or the alcoholic seltzers.
Also, if you intend on getting drunk/hammered, don’t eat before you drink. It’ll hit you harder on an empty stomach.

>had a McDonald's binge last night
>woke up today at 10.30 am
>browse internet, drink coffee
>have retailcuck job interview and realise I have left it too late so I just go in to central London instead and skip the gym
>go for my usual walk on a hot and sunny day while listening to Cumtown
>read 67 pages of a pop-history book in the library
>walk more
>now drinking coffee
>unsure what I'll eat tonight (probably KFC)

Not much to say today. I saw one GigaStacey yesterday on my usual walk and a few Staceys today, which was demoralising.

If I made even £50k, I could save lots of money each montj. I feel bad for not having even £30k in the bank. Not even £10k. I worry that my meek ugly beta charismaless nature dooms me to not even getting to middle management. People in the UK truly find people like me repulsive. If I worked minimum wage while living with my parents, I'd save much more than what I will save from my next job.

I felt bad when reading the pop-his book because I don't even have the patience to write something like that. I don't have any intense interest in any period of history.

I thought about seeing Ad Astra but I feel pathetic for giving rich Hollywood people living in paradise my money unless it's tip top kino.

Under 200lbs for the first time in over a decade.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-20-17-45-54.png (800x1280, 97K)

Sounds like you could use a trip off planet for a couple hours tho user.

We're all already under the boot of capitalism. It's not like you're going to avoid spending money.

Congrats, you're going to make it
Which app is this?

reached onederland, proud of you user