Are rack pulls as effective as deadlifts at working the lower back...

are rack pulls as effective as deadlifts at working the lower back? thinking about switching out deadlifts for rack pulls

Attached: IMG_4369.jpg (750x782, 139K)

They're just better for traps.

could i build solid erectors from it tho?

above the knee or below?

Your lock out will be crazy good at the top of a conventional deadlift if you ever go back to doing them. However, you're gonna be weak as shit off the floor since you disregarded any sort of work during that portion of the lift.

But yes, you can build a decent posterior chain with below the knee rack pulls. I use RDL's as my main hip hinge movement and my back valley has only grown. It's really about being consistent. Pick a movement that you see good progress with and then stick with it for 6 months to see the effects.

I find that high handle trap bar deadlifts are easier on my back than standard rack pulls. The barbell is annoying to maneuver around.

What rep set scheme do you use for RDLs I hurt my back and dont want to go to heavy DL for a while but need something

I know this isn't achievable natty, but can you even get close to this natty?

Yeah. Other than the delts of course

I think so but the lifestyle would not be worth it

How close do you mean?

>lifestyle would not be worth it
what do you think it would cost?
same basic shape with slightly less definition and higher bf%

not really, low rack pulls maybe, like block pulls

just do rdls man

perfect diet, sleep, training intensity (which would be a lot), every single day without skipping a beat for probably, give or take, +5 years

you could maybe be 20lbs lighter a couple %bf higher after many many years of consistent training, but you will never *look* like this. Powerful steroids like tren give a full, dry look to muscle that simply isn't possible without them, this seems to be something people can only appreciate when they use steroids themselves

is it possible to use roids as a shortcut to get you through the 5+ years quickly and then hop off them and enjoy a relatively normal natty looking aesthetic? Or do you need to stay on them to sustain any growth?

yes roids are a shortcut and will to you to natty limit in a fraction of the time it usually take. You'll keep some but not all of what you had on the juice. Once you come off you'll hop right back on though when you realise the profound difference gear makes.

I don't want shriveled balls though m8
I also am not into the cost commitment

for context here is a pic of jeff when he is off cycle, compare this to just about any other pic of him and note the difference in the quality of his muscle compared to just about any other pic of him, wait for dipshits on this board to chalk up 30lbs+ of lean pumped muscle to "lighting". HCG to keep testicles intact on cycle, you are right about it being a commitment though, most guys who dip a toe in end up all-in eventually.

Attached: jeffyoffcycle.jpg (600x800, 48K)

that's still an excellent aesthetic I'd be proud to sport in a swimsuit on the beach

Above the knee is worthless

yah I'm not saying it looks bad, but it doesn't really look like OP's pic either ya know