Woke up this morning to my dad telling me that I'm not "meeting his expectations" as a son and hes putting limitations...

Woke up this morning to my dad telling me that I'm not "meeting his expectations" as a son and hes putting limitations on everything I do like I'm in middle school in an effort to "man me up".
Kinda been messing with me feeling like shit right now what's going on fellas

Attached: IMG_20190603_231016.png (663x450, 391K)

you gotta "man up" bro start manning up do it now

what are these restrictions? In reality he's just trying to piss you off enough so you'll get a job and move out.

He wants you out the house, and he wants you to be independent from them. You're not going to linger around them forever.

your dad sounds like a real piece of shit

I have a job. I work at an Escape Room so yeah its minimum wage in an area where minimum wage is still $7.25 an hour. Trying to save up to find my own place but, well, it doesnt make ends meet obviously.
I'd like to not feel like human garbage when I get home from work and just want to relax. He doesnt like the fact I spend all my free time on the computer.

>to whom it may concern
>user has not been measuring up to the expectations assumed to remain in the position of my son
>recommended course of action is to micromanage his efforts for the time being
>if he still does not reach said expectations and hold them on his own, he shall be terminated from his position
>love, dad

Attached: 1.jpg (852x480, 34K)

he wants you to go outside and be social as well as try for a better job. He's just trying to help, though going about it in a wrong way.

just walk into the a job place and pull the manager up by the bootstraps while making eye contact with his firm handshake

Your dad sounds like an idiot boomer who can't actually communicate what he wants. Does he want you to get a better job, be more social, go to school, get a gf? How does restricting you help you reach his expectations?

He is retiring soon. I'm 20, he'll be 60 next year. I know he wants me to start bringing in more money because he wont be able to afford me living rent free in the next few months. I can see where hes coming from but he really put me down and its messing with me

my dad says hes proud of me but at my age both him and my grandfather had a wife, children, and a job

Attached: 1554657122234.jpg (577x453, 117K)

it could be he realizes that males today face a different set of challenges than he and his father did. Or if he was young, regrets having kids that early and is kinda glad you didn't.

I wonder why can't boomers get the concept of positive reinforcement. Everything is negative "motivation" with them.
They believe putting a roof over your head is positive reinforcement. Even with dogs it's obvious you need to use positive reinforcement, why can't old people apply it to their human offspring as well?

Attached: hammer.gif (371x209, 516K)

did he tell you what he wants specifically?
or did he just say "man up"?

Boomers were raised by television and had everything handed to them they don't understand anything other than surface level concepts

To quote him specifically his words were "I dont know what happened to you, but the world is more than that computer. When are you gonna get off that thing and man up."

well maybe you should do some more productive stuff, either on or off the computer
maybe he just think you're a pussy
i really really dislike being told what to do too
the best way to deal with such situations is just to block it out of your mind and pretend it was a goal you set yourself
it's not that bad man, i'm sure if you actually try you can do better

Where's based champ poster when you need him?
You should probably aspire to do more than work at an escape room for minimum wage but I was doing similar shit at age 20. Is your dad planning on retiring early? Most people in the US wait until 65. You might have some time to keep getting high, jacking off, and play vidya. Or, whatever it is you like to do.

Attached: 1551627229794.jpg (852x536, 62K)

He's told me he is retiring by the end of this year. I've never touched weed or even drank all that much, I've been pretty sheltered my whole life. Not to say I dont have friends though but, my family moved to South Carolina right after I graduated high school so I dont have any dont here.
I dunno why I just typed that all out but you guys actually helped me feel a bit better this was my first time posting on r9k so thanks.

>but he really put me down
bro
BRO
bro
you gotta stop being a bitch
my dad full on decked me three separate times
he's not even shouting at you

Attached: 1560031658031.jpg (381x395, 22K)

Since it doesn't sound like eternal NEET life is in the cards for you, let me give you some advice: most people don't love their careers. Some don't even like it. Find something you can tolerate for now and go do that. Opportunities will open up from there. To make any semblance of a living you're probably going to have to go to some type of school. Check out your local community college and technical schools. There's lots of different shit to do in the trades. You can probably get government assistance through student loans and your dad will like you taking the initiative to do something.

Attached: xgVJTaI_d.jpg (600x600, 24K)