Tfw you will NEVER be a member of a famous band or soloist who creates lauded music and leaves a legacy behind that...

>tfw you will NEVER be a member of a famous band or soloist who creates lauded music and leaves a legacy behind that will last for ages
>tfw you will NEVER be a famous novelist who leaves a legacy behind that will last for ages

h-hold me

Attached: doomer.jpg (197x197, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xQ41gaC6T5c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who cares, as long as you have a positive impact on even a few people it would be worth it, don't abandon your passions for shitty reasons like that

Do you play music or write? If you haven't even tried, then shut the fuck up.

Bet you've never even learned an instrument or tried to write a book.

of course I've tried

It can be pretty unfortunate to have passion in something you have no talent in. This is far from an unusual feel though, the amount of sports players who have felt the same way as you is astronomical.

Let's hear what you've got

Attached: 1*eu4dAuXCqJGM7vjKx3D8WA.png (624x861, 227K)

Not very hard then. I've got no dreams of being published or getting rich from it, but I've written a book, am writing a second and have spent lots of my time crafting worlds and characters that I might never even use.
I believe that some people are prevented from achieving things by circumstances that they'll never overcome, but you have a computer and you can read and write so the only thing that's stopping you is your own lack of passion and drive.

only a fraction of authors get published and only a smaller fraction of them get recognized as having literary merit

passion and drive doesn't cut it

Yeah like I said, some people will never make it. I guess I didn't phrase it well enough though. If you never sat down, wrote an entire book then sent it off to a publisher because you believe it'll never happen then obviously it never will. I'm a fairly passionless man myself, the only thing I really enjoy is world-building and writing, so I get the struggle to find motivation, but you should at least try properly before you say it's unattainable.

i used to think about this often and get worked up about leaving a legacy. now, i just don't care anymore

Living well and creating for yourself is a more enduring legacy than chasing some fame or some idealized story of what being a "soloist" is. Apply yourself, gig a bit or write or whatever you want to do and do it for you.

see khufu, you know who he is? no? he's the guy who built the great pyramid of giza, and we know almost jack shit about him because it was over 4000 years ago. All we have left of him is a tiny statue that might not even be his actual image but what someone thought he looked like 1000 years later when it was made.

Everything turns to dust eventually, focus more on getting a fucking life instead which is what I'm trying to do

>ywn be famous
its almost an every day thing now that i hear retards claim that you would never want to be famous, that its better go around being a nobody. normies have obviously never been a nobody. i'll take money, fame, and fangirls riding my dick off every day over depressing isolation.

This

Ghbbhjbf

Imagine being this much of a needy faggot. Most bands are absolute hacks that are never going to be remembered.

You should keep trying regardless. There are a lot of musicians/authors who were only celebrated decades after their death. Keep making your art because you never know who will appreciate it.

My favorite band is Temple of Baal, and I discovered them by clicking around random pages on RYM. Easily one of the better metal bands out there, but nobody knows about them. How do musicians even get paid? They're pretty much fucked imo.

>Temple of Baal
They suck desu

I listen to a ton of music, like ALOT

Throughout the years ive met or had online interactions with most of my fav artists, pretty comfy knowing that my autism will have affected history in the future on a slight scale

One of my favs: youtube.com/watch?v=xQ41gaC6T5c

But I won't try to convince you. I'm not great at writing about music. My other favorite band is Peccatum. Both these bands are at least less repetitive than your average fare. One thing I like about this is the "wall of sound" effect that almost masks the melodies. Makes it feel powerful to me. And that's all I got. Post your favorite songs so I can tell you they suck lol.

Everything i do is for the long term of my true art, photography, which is the one i talk about the least lol. Itll be appreciated later, not even worried about it because i know i have dozens of perfect shots, i know people dont even bother looking for patterns