What are you supposed to do when you have a day off but your boss calls you and tells you to come in because they're...

What are you supposed to do when you have a day off but your boss calls you and tells you to come in because they're really short-staffed for the day?

Attached: 1480985330539.png (631x595, 190K)

give an excuse you dumbass, say you're not in the area doing "xyz" just make shit up

If you don't keep your phone in a drawer and ignore all calls on your day off that's your fault.

demand more pay

Say no? Where I work unions forbid them from calling, only mass texts you aren't required to reply to.

This
But if you're dumb enough to pick up the phone
Real robots don't answer at all and the managers or your boss realizes you're not the wagie who's going to clock in whenever they want.

just don't answer the phone unless you want the extra money

This. They don't respect your schedule because you don't respect it. You pick up the phone on a day off that means you didn't really care that much about your day off. They always call the same people on their day off because they know they are pushovers who never negotiate for additional time off or more money to recompense losing a scheduled time off. Refusing to pick up or giving the manager a hard time over it will guarantee they stop calling you.

My overtime rate is $48.75, if my supervisor has overtime approved you can bet your ass I'm working it.

>ask for a raise
>ask for a promotion
>get a second mcjob on your day off

Say "sorry, I'm not available today". Don't bother making up an excuse or whatever, just leave it at that. Or better yet, don't pick up the phone at all. Who gives a fuck.

I snuck into work for a few hours today because I lose my fucking mind on my days off, I always try to work as much as possible to keep my mind off of the past.

Attached: 2918341867924.jpg (591x800, 61K)

dude wtf. how are robots making money like this? I mean I guess it still sucks being stuck in a wage forever not like a business or something where you can scale up but wtf

how do you do it

You are supposed to not answer the phone or tell them you are out of town.

I'm sorry to hear your manager is bad at their job, but it's not your responsibility to fix their fuck-ups.

Get TOPPED

Of course don't answer, but if you do just say you've had a few beers so you can't work, simple.

Just say you can't. At that point they're asking you and even the shitty places I've worked at there's no repercussions for not covering someone else's shift. The people that called out in the first place are the ones in trouble. It's understandable to normies that if you planned a day off or you really need it that you deserve it.
Also maybe anons in this thread have had some shitty managers but imo not picking up the phone at all is pretty niggerish. They'd rather get a confirmed no than no answer.

You go in dummy. Get those wage bux.

Attached: 89798427.png (724x552, 6K)

You quit as soon as you are able.

You either quit or take the shift, do your best and then go home and read Kapital by Karl Marx and realize that the whole system sucks dick and no one is going to be happy until we replace it with something else.