What do I do if my computer is so god damn slow. ive only had it a year and it is FUCKED

what do I do if my computer is so god damn slow. ive only had it a year and it is FUCKED.

I have nothing going on it but 2 browsers and its fucking DEAD. every time I switch a tab on a browser it just fucking freezes. it fucking takes me like 3 minutes just to switch browsers sometimes. sometimes whenever I go to type it will just fucking freeze forever and then all my words will just type 3 minutes later on their own.

I fucking am so sick of it. when I wanna make a post on Jow Forums its like open tab -> freeze -> type in page -> freeze -> open text box -> freeze -> type -> freeze -> browse for image -> FREEZE FOR FUCKING EVER.

it is so god damn slow dude. I have no viruses on it. all I have downloaded is images and fl studio wow and runescape. its so fucking slow dude. I ran a bunch of virus scans and nothing. I deleted everything I dont use. nothing. its so fucking slow just switching tabs can take all god damn day. trying to right click something in the system tray and close it...forget about it.

whenever I wanna do something I have to like click, watch it freeze, sit around on my phone scroll through my phone, take the next mouse click, it freezes again, sit scroll around on phone look around do something, do next mouse click, freeze get on phone scroll around look around on phone, next mouse click freeze

I have fucking spent so much time just screaming at this thing and clicking the same spot 120000 times while its frozen and just hearing the error noises from every mouse click

Attached: poster,210x230,f8f8f8-pad,210x230,f8f8f8.lite-1.jpg (210x230, 8K)

>fl studio wow and runescape
I bet one of these opens up on startup and fucks everything by running in the background. Check your startup programs.

Doesn't help if we don't know the specs. For all I know you have an absolute rock for a computer

no it doesn't I barely have anything running in the background

buy a refurb i5 laptop/desktop.. My desktop cost 160 and it does everything with ease

its not some maxed out Alienware jesus machine but its not complete garbage either it just has mostly basic stuff tho but its not an old laptop and it runs wow and a few games

Did you try restarting it? Let us know if it worked

That doesnt help either. What CPU you have, HDD or SSD, how much free space you have on it, Is it laptop or PC, how much ram, what GPU. Also has mentioned check your startup programs they usually fuck people without them knowing

I'll help you user, I'm good at this shit.
1. Which OS do you use
2. Ram, CPU, GPU
3. Do you know how to use task manager
4. Have you ever used regedit or task scheduler?

What's your ram and disk usage,
Also open resource monitor and send screenshots.

Don't do this, they'll hack you!!!!!!!

Why are you such a retarded nigger?

1 tb hard drive 8gb of ram and no I check my task manager it says most my resources are being used by chrome and internet explorer

Its possible your hard drive is fucked if your cpu usage is normal during these freezes.

also will running it hot fuck it up? wow is hard for my laptop to run and it gets super hot so I keep it on one of those laptop fan devices that blows cold air onto it and it feels cold on the bottom while I play but resting my hand on the laptop it feels warm

will this make it run like shit or is it good with the fan blowing on it? should I not play wow on it?

Get an SSD

You're literally using the two shittiest browsers. Pick literally any other browser and you'll have a better time with life.

You probably have hardware defects if you're 100% sure that there are no viruses, so cash in on your warranty if you can. Or you might have just bought a really shitty computer that will obviously stop working within a year.

Cpu's have a life of 10-15 years. I own a 9yr old laptop that I've repasted 5 yrs ago and it works fine. (runs at 80 degrees 5-6 hrs a day). You're only in trouble if the CPU hits 90.

Get more ram. Also if you have money upgrade to an SSD

What are your specs? If you didnt pay too much for it it may just be not a very good computer.

Though likely whats going is that you dont have an SSD and the rest of the specs are ok. Get an SSD, they are like 50 bucks these days for a moderate sized one.

It's usually some shitty windows service that is hogging up the disk. Hardware defects are rare as fuck

I have been meaning to renew my warranty. can I still do that? its an hp laptop and it keeps giving me a pop up with the option to renew it online I wanna buy the 3 year plan for it

What's your disk usage user
And what windows version?

how do I control what programs start up when I start my computer up? I noticed theres a couple on there I dont want and theres a virus one that I only use for scanning anyways

Usually when it happens to me, i just delete everything that i don't need, because high memory usage kinda kills my PC slowly

If your disk usage is very high you probably have a damaged hard drive, maybe you bumped it too hard. It happened to me I have a beefy laptop but it was slow as fuck, disk usage was always 80-100% no matter what, replaced my HDD with and SSD and it runs like a dream. Also no more fear of it ever breaking from a bump again.

Task manager there's an option there to pick and disable what you don't want starting

>hasn't disabled the hp bloatware
>wonders why his computer is shit

yeah its already running a lot better with a bunch of shit closed that I didn't need to have opened.

fuck all these god damn software devolopers that think their shit is made of gold and everyone has to have their fucking shit forced on them and shoved down their throats

Disable it from services.msc
If it doesn't work, use Ccleaner

Not sure about warranty, I didnt give a shit about mine. My laptop was dying and it needed an upgrade so I just went with it

have you tried turning it off and on again matey

Damaged hard drives are usually fixed by using sfc /scannow or chkdsk
Did you try them before replacing shit?
Drive failures are generally catastrophic.

I tried yes, getting a 1tb SSD was my last resort,never wanted to spend that much money but it had to be done.

you can fixed damaged hardware with software? doesn't even sound possible

also what the fuck is chromium it keeps popping up and installing itself

take the linuxpill

It's Google's open source version of Chrome.

Get malwarebytes for the chromium.
Error correction is a thing. Look up windows resource protection for more info.

1 tb ssd?? How much money did you spend on it?

thats the virus program i used. closing a bunch of shit on the system tray helped it

I dont know the exact conversion but maybe $375

>Don't open too many tabs at once
>Try a different browser, chrome hogs resources
>Roll back if you updated your computer recently. Sometimes a new windows update can slow your computer down
>Use CCleaner to get rid of unnecessary junk files, cookies, browser cache etc.
>Clean out dust from the vents. High amounts of dust and debris can lower performance and lead to heat spikes
>Take it to a computer repair shop if all else fails. Some places offer free inspections before you have to pay to resolve the issue.

Also have you used Intel XTU?
You should definitely undervolt if your CPU supports it.

im gona see if i can extend my warranty someone told me that if you buy the HP warranty after your warranty expires it just knocks that time off your warranty. like if you wait 3 months after it ends to get a warranty it knocks 3 months off the warranty after you buy it

gonna get the 3 year one with accident protextion

If your CPU dies due to heat, it won't be covered in warranty. Repaste your laptop and undervolt.

Try running chrome with -process-per-site in the shortcut parameter.

Sounds awful. You got an Amazon wishlist user?

Try wise registry cleaner as well. Usually it's a meme but for older laptops it can really do some voodoo shit.

Are you gonna buy him a new computer? Lol

Easiest troubleshooting to try
>Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc
>Navigate to perfomance
>Start doing shit
>Wait for a freeze
>After freeze check the perfomance tab
>See if anything uses 100%