Do you know anybody who has committed suicide? What were the effects?

Do you know anybody who has committed suicide? What were the effects?

I'm going to kill myself soon and I want an idea of what the impact will be.

Attached: images(21).jpg (554x554, 47K)

You have a hard on for suicide because there's at least a minimal expectation of retribution and recognition. Sad truth is that very little will care if you kill yourself user.

everyone sheds crocodile tears for a few weeks, then periodically will virtue signal their wholesomeness with a "in memory of user" social media post. after about a year nobody but a few diehards give a fuck. the only people who im sure it really fucks up are parents. everyone else, its genuinely an elongated "meh"

you'll be tears in the rain mate. remembered for a few weeks, then gone.

>im sure it really fucks up are parents
That's the only one I really care about but I'm sure they'll move on if I write a letter explaining why I did it and that it's not their fault.

Most people don't care. I don't think it's because they are super mean and cold and never cared about you - moreso that people come to the conclusion that it takes a lot of guts to actually go against your survival instincts and off yourself so you must have a really good reason, or combination of reasons. A lot will probably think 'if they just told me I would have helped' and leave it at that. They would call you selfish in their minds for doing such a thing though, and ruining their personal flow as well as potentially causing trauma. As for the specifics, please let someone know when you do it or make a 9/11 call so your body doesn't rot, that shit sucks.

t. best friend committed suicide

Thanks. How did your friend's parents take it. Im sad that I'm going to hurt mommy but really it doesn't matter nothing matters at all.

Pretty bad, he was their only son. They were divorced though so his life was over a long time ago as far as I'm concerned. and my life too

I never talked to them after the funeral so whatever.

How did you cope with it?

I was shocked he went through with it but pretty relieved, it wasn't surprising that he did it. This is blog territoryy but the only thing motivating me to get out of bed is to try getting a girlfriend and losing my virginity so I can see there's no true victory in life over the evil in the world and I can kill myself in a perfectly sanitary fashion. I haven't bonded with another guy like him since he died, so I have no friends anymore. I've been this way a long time though, it's why we were friends. I don't blame him. His life was fucked and shitty like most kids from gen Y that have checked out, but like I said in my previous post if he had said he was gonna do it there's something in me that says I would have talked him out of it and kept him going like I keep myself going and I think about these fantasy scenarios pretty often, when new albums by bands he liked come out too it hurts pretty bad, new films, whatever

As for your personal story my little suinaut you can rest assured in apathy if you've never had a friend like this or currently don't. I have no clue how your mother will take it, I can't speculate on that

I do know people who killed themselves. It's fucking pathetic how everyone suddenly loves them after they die. One was a teenage girl who was the kid of a family friend who killed herself after being relentlessly bullied and having it filmed and posted on line, and the other was a young woman (20-something) who killed herself after an argument with her parents about not being able to find work. In life, nobody liked them and they were mistreated by their friends and family. Suddenly, after they set themselves free from this disgusting planet, everyone acted like they had no idea how it could have happened. I also know a few people who attempted suicide and others who were successful, but those two are the most recent that come to mind.

Everyone will pretend like they always loved you for a while, then your name will become a touchy, awkward subject at family dinners. That's all.

Why commit suicide? Testing out a new TNT device? Why not take out a few Minecraft villagers first?

Your parents will never forget it and will live in agony until they die

If they died I'll feel the same. Why must I suffer the agony of their death and not vice versa? We're all going to die one day and somebody's getting hurt either way.

Uhhh old age and suicidal deaths do not impact a person in nearly the same way idiot.

Best question you'll be asked now: Why do you give a shit? Who cares? You will be dust in the ether and this mortal world will no longer concern you. If you want that peace, if life is too hard, go grab it. Fuck everyone else, fuck your parents and your friends. It won't matter in the end, you should not care. Stop fucking whining already and do it or don't. If you don't, acknowledge that there are things in this world that do matter to you on a spiritual/soulful level and work towards making your life more tolerable. Your life probably isn't even that bad. Bitch.

I'm suicidal. I had a friend a few years back blow his head off with a twelve gauge. I think about it every day

>its impossible to be suicidally depressed and still love your parents

We don't all have the emotional range of a cockroach.

>Your life probably isn't even that bad
Depression isn't always about material circumstances. Sometimes it's a chemical imbalance that is difficult to treat even with medication.

Yeah but you'll be dead. Why does it matter what other people think and what the impact will be? Why even worry about it other than some hysterical fantasy? You should definitely be more worried about botching it and being in massive pain, that would suck. I'm just trying to get into the minds of the suicidally depressed and why they always worry about the impact of their death on this board.

Attached: 1D0D48F8-72AA-4842-86C3-D2AED4B9D458.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

You want to give us the whole story?

My girlfriend's brother killed himself little over a year ago. She's still pretty distraught about it.

your results may vary

If you care what happens after your death, you don't really want to kys. Continue shitposting, you'll be less sad in a few hours.

I listened to my best friend kill herself over discord (not an online-only friend we just used discord) after begging her not to do it for a few hours.

We talked about everything and eventually, she just said her mind is made up. She asked me to do her one last kindness and be there with her in her final moments, and so I did. I listened to my best friend die over a discord call and I stayed in there after it was over for hours until eventually, she disconnected. I heard her get nervous before doing it and tried to say something but she yelled at me. She started to slit her wrists open, and I heard her yelp in pain and heard the immense relief in her voice after. I talked to her about anything that would come to mind, I just wanted to comfort her the best I possibly could. Eventually the panic set in and she started crying and begging for help, but what the fuck am I going to do? She lived alone, I'm nowhere close, and the EMTs cannot possibly get there in time. I told her I called them (I did) So she cried, and begged, and screamed, and told me how much she didn't want to die, and so I told her she wasn't going to die. I told her everything would be fine and did everything I could not to break down myself. I comforted her, everything would be okay, and she started to calm down. I kept talking and she was really calm and sedated it seemed, I thought I was calming her down pretty successfully.
Then she stopped responding and I couldn't hear breathing anymore.
I told myself she probably just fell asleep or something and I kept trying to get her attention, but it never worked. So there I sat in my chair, at 4 am on a Tuesday, wondering how it was possible for my life to go from bad to catastrophic. I drank all of the liquor in the house and had a full on mental breakdown after she disconnected from the call.

Suicide will affect the people close to you, I will have the scar of trying and failing to save my closest friend forever.

Attached: ujhoab2sgzzz.jpg (1024x576, 106K)

a friend of mine his dad commited suicide and my friend discovered him in the basement

I had a buddy who killed himself. Every now and then feel kinda bad that he was sad enough to do that but also proud that he actually went through with it and was decisive. Genuinely thought he was a great guy originally though, so that might change things.

It went on for hours and all you did was sit there and talk to her on discord?

>Common signs of suicidal thoughts
>having suicidal thoughts

"You see, this water leaking out here? See, that's an indicator of a leak"

Yes. And if I could give you any advice I'd say think really really really hard before doing it. There are people I know that after all this time (10+ years) still haven't recovered and the life is basically in shambles because of it. I myself had to go to therapy for 4 years to get over it.

I won't give you any of the don't do it, it gets better crap. I know for some people it really is the only way. But really look at the people closest too you and realize that once they find out or, god forbid, find your body, they are going to be put through pain you can't even comprehend. Some may get over it. But some might be forever broken.

I'm sorry life has lead you to the conclusion of suicide. I hope you don't do it. But if you do I hope you find peace.

My OP (dad) offed himself and it's still messing with me into my late 20's even though I wasn't super close to him

>What were the effects?
they died

>She lived alone, I'm nowhere close, and the EMTs cannot possibly get there in time. I told her I called them (I did)
i think they did more than sit on discord

wtf you cant just leave me with a boner

That wasn't until after she had already slashed her wrists open and was begging for someone to save her. After knowing hours in advance what she had on her mind.

as someone who has called the cops on someone who was going to kill themselves: why didn't you? if you have their name or phone number they could have been saved

i'm confused ?

origonally

>I had a friend a few years back blow his head off with a twelve gauge
How did it impact his family?

Your family will never forget you, especially if you kill yourself in the house where they live with you
Theyll wake up everyday and walk past your room and rememeber

Your friends will eventually move on but still remember you, they will cry

6/7 if only i got such high scores in school.
how should i do it ?

My first and only girlfriend killed herself when she was 17, I was 18 at the time. She hanged herself. I didn't go to her funeral or anything.

Attached: 9BB1F5B6-5AA2-457B-AA73-8BD2CB8ACBF1.jpg (480x480, 33K)

A guy I served with shot himself in the head with his rifle when I was on duty. Shit was cash, faggot ruined our night of sleep because of his family problems.

Like some dude said. "A lot of things happen after you die they just don't involve you". Dont do it user. we can talk

Condolences man

>I'm going to kill myself soon
No you won't, you're an attention seeking faggot, if you really wanted to die you'd kys right now

I don't get it, couldn't you just call the cops? You had her phone number, hadn't you?

My dad did when I was 13.
>What were the effects?
Well obviously it fucked me up. I'm here after all. I had to live with my uncle until I grew up, we had fuck all money, no aspirations really, did poor academically not because of unintelligence but because I had no motivation. Grew up almost hating myself for it, I wasn't enough for my dad to stick around. I get it though I guess, I reckon he tried.

She threatened suicide by cop if any police showed up, and she actually did own guns so I didn't. I should have, I know I should have, but I've talked to so many suicidal people and she was the first one that followed up on the threats.

Like I said, this is my biggest regret. No matter what therapists, my family, friends, tell me, I know it's my fault. If I was better in that moment she would be alive right now, and nothing I can do changes that.

Attached: gms2ot2oxd101.jpg (339x339, 26K)

>I didn't go to her funeral or anything.
Why?

>implying I haven't set a date
>implying I'm not busy sorting my affairs

Not every suicide is an impulsive move, genius. And you don't have to be sociopathic when you do it. A little preparation can help soften the impact and reduce the amount of work others have to do once I'm gone. What joy do you get bullying suicidal people online?

Attached: images(2).png (274x184, 9K)

why didn't you live with your mom or something user? sorry baout your dad.

The proper word would be "knew"

And no. There was one junkie girl who I really hoped would die for years, but she just disappeared. I'm pissed because I wanted to crash her funeral and tell her family how much of a piece of shit she was and how all they ever did was blame other people for it and enabled her.

for me personally i just want people to care about me for once for at least a short while after, even if they are only faking

She passed away when I was little. That was cancer, not suicide though.

damn, our animal instinct are a bitch
I don't know if I'd call the cops, I don't want the cops called on me when I finally off myself, you know her the best and maybe she really had a reason and would have done it again, this time without a friend by her side

How long ago was this user? Sounds really rough.