My tooth broke in half and I don't have insurance. What do? How much do I need to save up? I'm poor as fuck. Argh!

My tooth broke in half and I don't have insurance. What do? How much do I need to save up? I'm poor as fuck. Argh!

Attached: BrokeTooth2.jpg (800x567, 337K)

If it broken from an impact you may get away with just a crown, which costs about $750 if you get one of those discount cards like Careington and find a dentist that uses it.

If the tooth is fucked because its a rotten pos, you'll need like a root canal which is over $1k easily.

What country are you in? If in the US and you have no income you can go to any hospital, they usually have dental services at county hospitals but University hospitals are so much better. Anyway fill out some forms, hop on the terrible free insurance that is a trap and nightmare and get it taken care of.

Alternatively use Yelp, tell them your income and insurance (none), ask what they can do price wise. Many dentists will help you out. I had a filling and cleaning with x-rays for $125 this way. Versus like $300.

if you're broke, just get it pulled for like 500

im pretty sure the cheapest option is to get it pulled. crowns aren't cheap.

a dremel is only like $100 and you can use it for other things

Attached: 1458682026719.jpg (195x195, 7K)

more like around 150

>having teeth
>WHITE TEETH
Not a true robot, come back here when you get dentures

Attached: 1560278105737.jpg (420x236, 29K)

The only thing is I don't want to look like a bum with a lost tooth.

If you're a USA-fag then google for free clinics. I was able to get an extraction last year (just my far-back molar so nbd) for $60. I think that's a good deal? idk. It was scary.

you already do with that fucked up tooth

if you don't have money there is nothing you can do. cheap option is to get it pulled. depending on how bad the tooth is you can either get a crown, or they'll have to pull it and you can either get a bridge or go straight for an implant (implants are like $1.5k).

>OP still has teeth to worry about

Attached: 1560283517063.jpg (480x318, 17K)

Is 1.5k with or without insurance? I can be patient and not get into debt.

>crown
I'm this person and in my case I didn't have to worry about aesthetics of function, since it was kind of a worthless tooth. I think even if I had a lot of money I would prefer extraction over a crown. I think crowns eventually wear out, so... just getting rid of the tooth seems better.

i dont think any insurance covers implants. they are cosmetic. i think the only things like that covered by insurance are partial or full dentures

a hammer is commonly found in every household for free and you can use it to AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

damn, i guess i can put it on a card and pay it off times ten

Imagine living in a country where you're reluctant to go to the doctor for anything because you can't afford it. Oh, but the US is such a great country otherwise.

How much do dentures cost? I'm sick of my teeth, all the brushing, dental costs, I don't want to worry about that shit anymore.

tooth problems are fun right friends

Attached: Screenshot_20190611-211748_Gallery.jpg (1080x2220, 893K)

Why do people from all over the world come to the US for the best healthcare but people from the US go to other countries for cheap care? Also US healthcare patent rate is 1,000x any other country, it is one of our biggest exports. How is that with such a terrible system and eurofags have such a "superior" system.... Other than the higher deathrate per any equivalent disease state. The governments in massive debt, gdp growth at population growth. Yeah how is that?

One of my old friends is a scum bag and had the same thing happen. He went to a church and acted like he went there and they paid for it.

Are you daft on purpose? It cost like $250 tops to fix something like that.

>Are you daft on purpose?
Yes.

I have several broken teeth, but i'm too much of an anti-social sperg to go out and get them fixed.

I really need to get over my social phobias.

Toothless user here, can be as low as 200 or as much as 12k depending on what you want

>burgerland
>"""first world country"""
>don't even have free dental care
Yeah you are fucked. If you can't get it replaced just rip it out and get a new replacement or live with a gap in your mouth. I would go out my door and protest the bullshit that is your healthcare system personally.

I have a conscience, though

1. The meme about expensive care is more scary than the actual prices. Free clinics are everywhere.
2. If you are wealthy and are too stupid to get insurance, thats not a national problem. Forcing people to all pay insurance as taxes works but there are many other problems there. You still have to elect to go to better hospitals or get specialized plans for better care, and govt has zero incentive to manage that money appropriately.
3. The US already adopted the strategy where young healthy people pay for everyone elses care, like at least 10 years ago homie.
4. Imagine being in a country where you have to wait to get treated, you only have access to generics, or many doctors are unhappy assholes who either have a side gig or practice fake/alternative medicine.

There are pros and cons to the system. For OPs case hes better off in another country, but in most cases probably no. Salaries are generally higher here too

>What do?
Fucking live with it?
Years ago one of my far back molars split in half in a fight, a couple of weeks later part of it completely broke, then a bit later the remainder went away (somewhere, while I was eating a sandwich)
Now I still have the root and a couple of shards of tooth.
From the same fight I have another broken tooth that has been hanging tight for 6 years.

Of course that is if it isn't a rotten piece of garbage sullying your mouth.

Dental school if you are a povo. Besides that, brush as well as you can in the mean time. Can you also post pics of the tooth? I think a bridge sounds like the only option, if you have broken it really good you won't be able to get a crown and implants are way too expensive.
Hyperdontia or just out of place??
Go to the dentist bro, chances are you will get a qt3.14 graduate. Even better chances if you go to a dental school. Also, dentists dont give a fuck about your teeth and how bad they are, even if you are a meth addict. If anything they like seeing patients that actually need proper care instead of giving veneers to soccer mums.

>American
>No insurance

grew in my mollers and the top right one is already rotting away. i like to think i'm like some cool rotting zombie or something.

It's just out of place came out there because of a how the wisdom tooth was, I'll probably get it fixed sooner rather than later

Had this happen to me about 9 months age and had to pay $1200 for a porcelain crown. There are cheaper options but my Jew dentist doesn't offer them unsurprisingly.

meant to say 9 months ago*

If you can prove you have shit income, google sliding fee scale dentists. I go to one right now b/c last year i made like 10k USD (student) and for example fillings were like $60 a pop. Crowns etc would of course be more pricey but it pays to shop around a little bit before committing

Just get drunk, rub some numbing cream on your gum and have someone rip it out. Pack some gauze in there until most of the bleeding stops. It'll still hurt like a bitch, but it's pretty much free.

holy shit it's DenturesAnon. Long time no see, hows it goin you fuckin weirdo?

Attached: 6139994E068A42C6901458EAD9DF4D84.jpg (397x361, 37K)

I recently went to the dentist and I have a missing filling, have no insurance and they said it would cost me two grand to put a crown over it. No thanks