American Debt Refugee Article

ydr.com/story/news/education/2019/06/11/student-loan-debt-pa-college-graduate-flees-country-escape/1329116001/

This story has me really mad. Especially the comments. I can't believe people are so appalled this dude decided to just bail on his debts. I guess he's just supposed to rot in Pennsylvania and deliver pizzas until he pays the debt off? The really angry boomers and the boot-lickers demand he pick up a second, or even a third job to pay back what he owes for the worthless education he invested time and money in. The guy even claimed to have worked while he went to school. What more can he do? Maybe he had a terrible GPA? I guess that would explain it.

I mostly agree he should pay the debt off because it is doable, and letting debt grow is stupid. He's digging himself a bigger and bigger hole. However, I am totally sickened by the comments that claim he's an idiot for getting a "worthless" degree and that his passport should be revoked and that too many people are getting worthless degrees.

Boomers got these kind of degrees and did OK. Lot's of women get these kind of degrees and do OK.

For example, look at this business's staff page: theaceagency.com/about/

3 out of 17 employees are male. They probably pay above minimum wage. I worked with a woman that now works at this place. I have B.A. in political science. I could work at a place like this. I could do whatever work is being done at this place. I'll never get a chance though because I'm a fucking white man. I had a better GPA and went to a better school than this woman, but I didn't even get an interview, while she got a job there. Honestly, I wouldn't even want to work at that particular company, but you get the idea. I work in retail right now making MINIMUM WAGE.

I fucking sick of people standing up for this rotten system we have. Crabs in a bucket is what it is.

And fuck Trump for not doing shit about the border. The beaners are still flooding into this country.

Attached: oldeconomystevenowandthen.jpg (699x467, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

politico.com/story/2018/12/14/paul-ryan-congress-irish-visas-bill-1032517
bizfluent.com/info-8267948-types-small-businesses-likely-fail.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Chad Albright
well it is a pretty chad move.
>one way to china
eh he fucked up, he would do MUCH better in Thailand or Vietnam. much cheaper, much less xenophopic. If nothing else he could do freelance work with a computer, get paid english lvl wages in a 3rd world area prices. maybe get a job at a bar or a tour group locally.
>I was expected to pay 400 a month and I had no income, college ruined my life
yeah, he looks way too old

In the article it says he now does sales in Ukraine.

The only bad part about this situation is that high schools dont teach about debt or taxes. So you get a bunch of retards who fuck themselves over and then think communism works better. Im fine with migrants doing cheap labor, that has worked for thousands of years. The only lesson from shitty governments that we could use is that complacent people need to just be forced into a job. Give them the skills and tell them they have no choice. There is massive demand for employees but the country is too rich to really care, and yes millennials and zoomers can just play games all day but things start breaking down when nobody knows how ferries or networks work anymore

>Still falling for the racial division meme
Yeah I'm sure it's those immigrants that are responsible for our fucked up society, what with all their wealth and political influence.

>There is massive demand for employees but the country is too rich to really care, and yes millennials and zoomers can just play games all day but things start breaking down when nobody knows how ferries or networks work anymore

If there was actual demand there would be MEANINGFUL wage increases, and ON THE JOB TRAINING. There's not. Just big business demanding more foreign workers.

>Im fine with migrants doing cheap labor, that has worked for thousands of years.

Yeah, just ask the Romans how that worked out. And you're wrong. The labor is only "cheap" because the labor market is bloated with illegals and cheap foreign labor

Just do blue collar work. That's where the real money is, I didn't even have to interview for my current job and I get paid ~$23 an hour with 50+ hours a week.

>not looking at 1960s America VS the America we have now

Yeah. Whatever Pablo. Don't tell me this country doesn't have an immigration problem. Guess you want the US to turn into BRazil or something because that is where this country is headed, and Brazil is a total shithole.

I don't want Russian immigrants or Irish either. For example, I totally disagree with this: politico.com/story/2018/12/14/paul-ryan-congress-irish-visas-bill-1032517

As far as I'm concerned, immigration should come to a complete halt.

Wrong it wouldnt work at scale if it wasnt cheap also I specifically said forcing people to learn the skills that the market is missing. Training for many things is already free, like for technical writing, programming, process development, managing people and projects, market analysis etc

i can understand flipping the bird to the whole debt trap bullshit this country is founded on, but for $30k? people borrow more for cars these days

damn, idk, i expected way worse than that when i opened the article

Big business will ALWAYS demand more immigrants because they can pay them dogshit wages and won't complain.

Democrats don't realize this shit and continue to allow mass immigration then complain that people can't afford to live on $15 an hour.

>it wouldnt work at scale if it wasnt cheap

YOU ARE WRONG.

There's been countless studies that McDonalds could easily pay a $15/hour wage and the menu prices would only rise something like 10-25 cents.

And it's easier to work with economies of scale. It's the complete opposite of what you are thingking. Mom and Pop businesses will be hardest hit by these wage increases. And small businesses like restaurants, where minimum wages predominate are the most likely to fail anyway.

bizfluent.com/info-8267948-types-small-businesses-likely-fail.html

You dont need to be stuffing your fucking face with a bunch of cheap burgers made by spics anyway.

Not saying we don't have an immigration problem, just that those people aren't at all to blame for our flawed educational system.

t>those people aren't at all to blame for our flawed educational system.

Did I say they were? I don't think I did. And I agree. There seem to be many countries that have much better systems in place for educating the common man and helping him make a living.

God speed, Chad.
If I had the money and the opportunity, i would honestly do the same. Fuck this country.
Boomers ruined everything and now they except us to clean up their mess.

>Democrats don't realize their party is run by the most rarefied elitist jetsetting corporate shitheads their favourate late night millionaire talkshow host bitches about
As long as they aint the poor racist white pieces of shit trailer park junkies finally getting what they deserve.
.t white democrat

Attached: retard.png (1200x1042, 247K)

Mcdonalds is a kids job, and yes raising min wage would be reasonable if people wanted it. Dont act like raising min wages solves anything though. The immigrants that we were talking about work under the table.

Why even mention it in the original post then? I assumed you were making a connection between them.

As if it's any better to be a Republican. Both parties have been corrupted by the interests of the wealthy, the best thing we can do to improve our conditions is to take money out of politics.

I did, but I was complaining about Trump not doing shit. Just consider that last sentence a separate post. I'm just pissed.

>take money out of politics
But muh universal healthcare
muh free education
muh free programs
Oh wait. Leftists only want money out of politics so they can FUCK everyone with money through politics. Right.

Are you more upset at Trump's unwillingness to compromise with Congress or more so at the fact that the wall isn't built?

yeah but that's actual work, we want to sit in an air conditioned office and fuck around on the internet for half the day and make that or more.

Are you retarded? By taking money out of politics, I mean reducing the ability of the wealthy to buy our politicians and write laws for their own interests. I don't think that's a radical position either. Congress should represent the will of the people.
Tell me how those programs would fuck everyone over.

Those dang ol millenyells at their smartphones amirite?

What do you do?

Where do you work?

I've looked into that but the market is awful in California.

I worked at a gas station, and complete morons drove the trucks. With a CDL and a hazmat cert, you can make 80k a year here. I have a BA, graduated with honors, and I made 22k one year a couple of years ago.

The wall wouldn't do much. Most illegal immigration is due to people disregarding the terms of their visas. And employers should be punished severely for employing illegals.

That's not to say I'm against a wall.

If you play the devil's advocate, then I guess you could make the point those programs are just "gibs" for the people instead of corporations.

I guess I just don't see why it's better to ensure the profitability of corporations at the expense of the public welfare. Like from a utilitarian standpoint it seems better to potentially improve the lives of hundreds of thousands of people rather than a significantly smaller number of elites.

Rather than forcing people to get a job, they should be doing more to create jobs. There's still a lot of unemployment and underemployment around, and until the private sector regains its strength, the government should employ more people even though it means running a bigger deficit.

Or didn't they teach you that no generation will ever have to eliminate the government's debt?
Don't worry, they didn't teach me that at school either.