Graduated with engineering degree

>graduated with engineering degree
>get rejected by a call center

Attached: 1559947132985.jpg (1024x1024, 135K)

Youre too smart to be working at a call center

I keep hearing these kinds of stories and find them hard to believe. Do people really get rejected from jobs even if you have a "good" degree?
T.neet

>graduate with a degree in social work
>get accepted by an engineering firm

Attached: 110.png (554x400, 87K)

yes because your degree doesn't really matter, experience in the workforce is what matters
what people at college are supposed to do is work, get internships, get apprenticeships, etc. while they are going to school so they have some kind of real job experience because that is what employers want

Absolutely. Employers would rather take a drug addict who dropped out of high school but has work experience than an engineering grad with no experience

Law degree and post graduate diploma, don't even get contacted back, I've applied for loads of minimum wage jobs.
I got an email the other day saying that an employer has just viewed my CV and was declining to go further with me. I applied months ago and they had only just looked at it. It was a shit driving job.

Certigied Original post

Attached: anonymous-03-02-12-fri-1739-no-1921453-if-only-you-knew-how-6747612.png (500x522, 135K)

>Do people really get rejected from jobs even if you have a "good" degree
Yes. I don't even have a good degree yet get told "oh well with your resume you won't have any trouble finding a job elsewhere ah-ah"
t.5y NEET

Depending on how shit the driving job is, they may also not want someone who has "Law" anywhere in their CV.
There are some horror stories from truckers I know personally.
Depending on where you are, you could apply as "jobseeking" with whatever office does that over there and get coached. Where I live, you can survive from just the support money if you dont eat in restaurants daily, and there is a huge support structure for people willing to work.

>but has work experience
no, they'd rather take a diversity hire or young kid so they can either get progressive points or underpay

lol do you have student loans and debt too?

Attached: 45X95CM-Working-Wagnaria-Yamada-Aoi-Anime-Cartoon-print-wallpaper-scroll-wall-picture-mural-poster-a (750x750, 168K)

Where do all you people live?

There is virtually no corner of the US where employers aren't literally pounding on the table looking for anyone remotely employable to come in to work. In New England they're combing through the welfare motels and grabbing guys just walking out the door of rehab now.

I have an MS in chemistry and same story here. Every entry level job in my field is actually blocked behind two or three years experience. I apply to all of them and still get denied. Don't even get me started on the jobs that want an MS, all of them want 5 years of experience to boot.

I have rarely found jobs that advertise 3 years of experience OR an MS but those never call me back either.

>Tfw failed American equivalent of high school and have student loans and debt
Send help

How bad is it? Is interest still piling onto it, or do you just have to pay off?
Whats the monthly min/max amount you need to get rid of it before becoming 30/40YO?

>>Tfw failed American equivalent of high school and have student loans and debt
>Send help
LOLLERSKATES
the utter state of people here in the west and their "muh edukayshon"
I am a neet, unemployed, wizard and have 20 000 dollars saved

Experience barely matters even know. It's all just a lottery draw and nepotism. I have 4 years warehouse experience, no criminal record, etc, and still can't find another shitty warehouse job.

why do you lie? ive failed at job hunting for 2 years. then a year after that i got laid off after a season job where i sometimes only worked once a week because thats all they could give me. employers only want 40 year old mexicans who have 20 years experience

>US where employers aren't literally pounding on the table look
I keep hearing this dumb story of how employers are desperate for people yet I sure as hell don't see it. Maybe the COMPANY needs people, but HR is so fucking terrible in US that nobody gets through.

It may just be that the US is a huge place with many different economic situations.

Maybe both are true.

I can imagine the expensive to live areas having an acute worker shortage (Which would be compounded by the partially antiquated railroad hindering cheap frequent travel), while cheaper areas are just saturated with below-minimum-wage workers and the friends and relatives of the bosses.

>have no degree
>get job that starts at $24/hr
Ayy lmao

*Csssk*
*sip*

Yeah i see lots of "now hiring" signs but its still impossible to get a job. Its all smoke and mirrors

Attached: 1525388794348.png (380x349, 77K)

Let me break down this for you brainlets, if you apply for a lower position and you camw flashing your masters engineering degree you are going to get kicked out of McDonalds, because they know that this is just a job that you are going to dump in the blink of an eye when you are offered an entry level position in ANY engineering job, so if you need to get a mennial job dont list your engineering degree you dumb ass

My electric utility has issues with hiring and keeping people. That's mostly because apprentices cant pass climbing school. But they're alawys hiring apprentices.

Climbing school? Like climbing electric towers free hand?

They won't hire you in a dead-end job because they know you're gonna flee that shit. If you want to get a dead-end job you need to be a dead-end yourself. Get in debt and have no choice, they'll hire you then.

typically you have spend your college years interning and establishing a relationship with a company before even getting a degree. if you dont have a job lined up for you before your degree you wont really find one after. some degrees require internship experience before you can even receive the degree

No climbing 60ft wooden poles. Shit isn't hard just the guy who runs it is a sadistic boomer. I help him out when they run climbing school it's actually terrifying when people pass out on the pole and you have to go do poletop rescue.

That is a sound argument.
Not made in a nice way, but this is Jow Forums and this is what we get.

Yeah, my friends cousin is in that situation. She made fun of my buddy for taking forever to get a degree while he was paying it off and has been a manager of a Walmart during that whole time and has a nice management job waiting for him. His cousin on the other hand can't get a job even in fast food.

>Is interest still piling
I guess but very low rates

>Whats the monthly min/max amount you need to get rid of it before becoming 30/40YO?
Already 30yo+ lol
And I've just been pushing it off because unemployed welfare boi. So until then they won't get me

Congrats on hustling lil nigga. And yea I think the education shit is overplayed but you literally need minimum levels of education just for them to look at your resume and I'm about to start lying just to get a job

You should probably inform yourself about the employment situations and demands in nearby countries. As long as you keep some money flowing to pay that debt off, there could be systems in place to help with working abroad, and depending on what you learned, your degree may be worth your mothers weight in gold in other countries.

Try to make use of connections, hell, see what connections you thought you lost, look for old friends, classmates, even bullies (who at a certain age often convert to not assholes) who seem to be better off than you and tell them that you need advice, what you can do and if they know a place that is seeking that skillset, or if they have tips for you (ask for advice first, job opportunities !maybe! second. Otherwise, you are probably annoying to them).

If you truly desire to be rid of this debt, and want to get help, simply ask around.

Be mindful though, do not turn into the annoying dude that keeps asking for a job every second day.
If you have some really nice person you know, who can lend you the debt amount at once at a lower rate, only do it with a contract, just in case. The go to excuse is, "if you get into an accident, I do not want to be at square one" or even better, "To remind me officially, who I owe this money to".
This contract would be the protection wall between you and potential indentured servitude in disguise. Make it sit.

I dunno though, just brainstorming. Take this as a second opinion, not sage advice.

Boy I could tell some stories about almost getting prime jobs but not getting them at the last hurdle (hint: women).

Turns out getting my driving license is a fucking monumental task financially and time-wise.

I was about to get a job paying $20/hr. I accepted the offer letter. Went to get the drug test + physical. Then they tell me 1 day before I'm scheduled to work that my offer was declined.

I haven't learned anything and have no degree in anything lol.
Working in other countries migth be even a larger step then getting a job over here.
Zero contacts and zero social network. Also I don't ask people for help. I prefer not to get involved with people.
Debt is no Biggie I just need to wagecuck a bit. Even tho I shouldn't have been stupid enough to get into it from the beginning. And getting bad credit score for missed payments that further fuck me.

Tldr need a shitty job

Damn. Well, for starters, maybe doing weird stuff on fiver is still a thing...?

"Our offer to you was declined."

Madworld.

Listen brainlet, mcdonald tier jobs have an incredibly high turnover rate of employees, they don't give a fuck if you leave after one day.

Also not very nice, but also a sound argument.
I suppose it depends on the location.

how terrible are your social skills user and did you go to a shit college?

It doesn't happen, only people with meme degrees and shit social skills can't get jobs

>shit social skills
do you know where you are?

This is what the email said.

>Dear user,
>It is with sincere regret that we must withdraw our offer of employment for the position with our Company.
>Thank you for your interest in [redacted]. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

at least they replied. from the hundreds of emails i sent when i still was trying i got two rejections. the rest didn't even bother.

Fast food and retail don't do "diversity hires" you scizophrenic fuck.

I'll raise you with mine:

"user, sorry we didn't call back about the interview. Sadly whilst you have everything we need on paper, you didn't smile once during the interview, and for that reason we hope you try again next year."

Sounds like you could use a joker mask for that second interview.
Go in with suitcase
ask for a moment to get some additional documents
take the mask out of the case
put it on
*COVER BLOWN*
*POLICE IS ON THEIR WAY*
GET THE KEYCARD
TAKE ONE AS A HOSTAGE
RUN TOWARDS THE BASEMENT
GET INSIDE WITH THE HANDPRINT
GET THE DRILL READY
you know, a job interview.

already got a job 6 month ahead of my graduation. Fellow student started applying 3 weeks ago and already has 2 offers and 4 more interviews (applied at 10 companies). Maybe your specialization sucks or you should change your location

I don't know where you're from but in the US every application includes a demographic portion. If you're female, nonwhite or a veteran you're given preference because these demographics provide the business with tax breaks. Generally it's about 80% lazy diversity leeches that stand around in back chatting or playing with their phones and 20% white men who actually do all the work of running the place, directed by another white man who knows how to overwork his peons to get shit done.

>but in the US
it's the same in europe too
diversity gets ALL welfare and jobs
just an example:: 50% of couriers are literal niggers while i am a neet bc "overqualified"

IN THE END IT DOESN'T EVEN
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATERR
ERRRR

Attached: real_feels_nigga.jpg (640x793, 68K)

>degree has nothing to do with job ur applying for
>wtf why
being a brainlet is why you got declined

>being a brainlet is why you got declined
t.sjw tranny diversity hire

you're a fucking dumbass.
go back to your own country nigger.

businesses don't get a tax credit for hiring a woman or minority.

t. DERRRRRRRR, MUH DEGREE
MAMA EN PAPA PAY MANY MONEY FOR ME

>t. sjw tranny diversity hire

Are there any incentives for hiring minorities?
The only thing is that women or disabled people are preferred, if they have the same qualifications
Here most of the couriers are locals or eastern Europeans.

Why did you apply to a call centre rather than trying to start your own business?

must suck to live in a minority white country and not even have the brains to move out

>Are there any incentives for hiring minorities?
yes there are, but anyways it's about diversity points and underpaying
>Here most of the couriers are locals or eastern Europeans.
where are you located?
I'm in souther europe and while locals are literally starving all jobs get taken by fresh of the boat niggers

I have been a neet for 5y

>minority white country
my country is 95% white

>yes there are, but anyways it's about diversity points and underpaying
can you ellaborate.. EU or local incentives?
>where are you located?
Pretty much right in the middle of germany. You can find lots of low skilled work here. Cleaners, delivery drivers, factory workers

>businesses hire the cheapest labor
>he blames the migrants instead of the bosses
literally getting cucked by capitalism and all you can do is get mad at people from a different country.

I didn't say minority, I said nonwhite. Which even then is technically inaccurate since hispanics are technically considered """white,""" although somehow they're distinct from white people. It's all just SO intellectually dishonest. Hispanic whites, females, nonwhites, veterans and the disables are favored in hiring and provide tax breaks for the business. Legally the company can't favor them but they do in practice, because it's difficult to actually prove. Take a good look at the cross section of people working at your local walmart. How many are disabled, how many women and nonwhites do you see? It's a large majority and the store saves money because of that.

I'm in a same position. That is why I do not mention my diploma anymore because it is a downside.

>graduated University with a masters in engineering
>became a Burger King manager

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Oshiete! Galko-chan - 05 [720p].mkv_snapshot_00.11_[2019.06.09_19.11.38].png (406x539, 260K)

>local incentives?
local
>right in the middle of germany
thought so, u can't feel the pressure due to the euro jewing us and giving you a 30% lower exchange rate
here people literally starve, it's gonna become africa in 20y, suicide rates off the charts, nobody having kids

but hey, enjoy the rapes

My own ex-girlfriend was raped while visiting relatives in germany

>literally getting cucked by capitalism
who ever said i was a capitalist or approved of open borders?
I literally am gonna kms thanks to that

Attached: tears.gif (300x169, 914K)

What kind of engineering? Is the school abet accredited? Is it an associates or bachelors or what?

>My own ex-girlfriend was raped while visiting relatives in germany

yeah, she was "raped" while you two were together right

Attached: 1559933254840.gif (245x210, 1.29M)

>she was "raped" while you two were together right
what kind of fuckup sociopaths makes fun of that?

she was raped by a literal refugee one night going home, she was so wrecked she tried to kill herself multiple times
i had to leave her bc of just how mentally broken she is now

andre is that originally you

So where are you from? I assumed Greece or Italy because of the immigrant boats.
>My own ex-girlfriend was raped while visiting relatives in germany
really sorry for you ex-gf, luckily never happend to someone i know. And we are not as fucked as Sweden or France which is nice i guess

i'm from italy, there's 1M niggers now with 40% youth unemployment

this is not life
>really sorry for you ex-gf, luckily never happend to someone i know.
you were lucky, please advise your female acquaintances to be careful

>you didn't smile
Lmao, what the fuck? Was this an office job?

they are full of shit my job needs constant engineers more then other positions.

>1M niggers now with 40% youth unemployment
yeah that is really fucked up.. since I know that the financial situation of the state does not allow social reforms.
So I guess you voted for the right wing party (forgot the name sorry), do you thing they will change things?
> please advise your female acquaintances to be careful
I (and the girls I know) feels very safe were we live so I guess I wont do that

STEMfags btfo hahaha

Film Production Runner

i haven't voted in years it's useless
look at the "eurosceptic" goverment it's powerless thanks to the deep state

>I (and the girls I know) feels very safe were we live so I guess I wont do that
my gf felt "very safe" in in Brunswick too fucvking faggot, kys

>Brunswick
funny this is were I live and lived the last 5 years. Was she going to the university here?

Are you guys forgetting about overqualification? They don't want highly overqualified people in minimum wage jobs because those people will often just leave the moment they get a job in the field they are qualified in.

he's implying she cheated on you.

That's my ultimate legendary pepe i once put in a "trade pepe" thread.
Goddamnit, my treasure...

That can be said for anyone though. Even the underqualified are always looking out for something that pays better.

there's tax breaks for veterans and the disabled, nobody else.
the stores are probably full of a diverse selection of workers because that's what society actually is you fuck.

Yes, but people with degrees are more likely to do so. Those who are underqualified don't usually have the means of moving up or getting another job, atleast without some experience first. And to have experience, you need to work at one place for a long time, which is what employers want. Even experienced people often don't have the means to rise through the ranks if they are underqualified, and are stuck at the level they are hired at.

okay good luck with that

i even tried to report it and the police didn't care

likely, they're hidind the report rate

Guys,
It's a fucking LOTTERY.
IF YOU ACTUALLY NEED A JOB, APPLY TO WHATEVER WAGE SHIT YOU CAN.
BE IT FACTORY WORK, OFFICE JOB, WAGESLAVING AT A RETAIL OR FAST FOOD CENTER
IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER
DON'T LIST YOUR STUPID FUCKING DEGREE IF IT DOESN'T APPLY
And above all:
LIE, LIE LIE LIE LIE LIE LIE
LIE ON YOUR RESUME
List REAL BUSINESSES that are a couple towns overall to fill in the employment gap, then LIST FAKE REFERENCES.
AND APPLY THAT RESUME TO TEN DIFFERENT EMPLOYERS.
TEN TIMES OUT OF TEN AT LEAST A COUPLE OF THEM WILL HAVE YOU IN A FOR AN INTERVIEW
EMPLOYERS ARE KNOWN NOT TO BACKCHECK REFERENCES.
Goddamn.
t. wageslavie who's been hired by 6 employers within the last 2 years in the same 20,000 pop county. And each employer paid over $12.00 an hour.

With my luck, I've actually been thinking about listing some stupid fucking degree and getting a career job. Doesn't matter what, if I have to actually locate two towns over for it, I will. Fuck the capitalist machine and the society that runs on it.

>i had to leave her bc of just how mentally broken she is now

some love you had for her lmfao

Attached: 1559602231956.jpg (500x390, 71K)

well you cant report it for her. She needs to go herself in order for the police to investigate.
If they stillt dont investigate this would mean a major break of laws ... I dont think the police would do that just do "protect" rapefugees

>100+ resumes submitted
>like 3 interviews
>no job

there are some places i could work but they're too far without a vehicle, even for the bus.

It sounds retarded on paper for that reason alone, but the idea is that those overqualified people have a higher chance of bailing for something better than Becky the dumbass single mother or Dave the crack addict, because for them there really isnt much else for them to go to, in theory at least.
Also this, its all just a big game at this point. Just roll as much as you can, sprinkle in some white lies here and there, and hope RNG blesses you for something not completely shitty. DO NOT list your degree if it isnt relevant, because more often than not it will bite you in the ass. Get skills to help keep up the facade as well, like programming knowledge if you are doing something computer related that stems beyond knowing what Powerpoint and Office is.

Were you interviewed by a woman per chance?

>be me
>20 something civil engineering student
>poor af, horrible living conditions, home place and actual house actually deliver depression, anxiety, and stress
>still living with parents, both of them hate each other deep to the bone
>can't have any hobbies because too poor and living conditions are godawful
>want to get out of current shithole
>only hope is to graduate
>last year
>supposed to graduate this year
>got horribly ill 3 times (pneumonia twice and awful degree of encephalitis from ticks)
>barely survived them all
>feeling tired and like shit
>got called out by professors to take academic timeout/vacation because I missed important assignements
>all the shit is postponed until mid 2020
>tfw can't graduate this year and stuck in depressing parents' shithole
>tfw friends will be making careers and earning big bucks soon, while I'm just sitting in home, feeling like shit

Attached: a1a.jpg (600x631, 40K)

I just had to quit a job because of a knee injury .

>my job needs constant engineers
Minority engineers, they can't be white, straight males matey.

get out of here dabbing normiecunt

normie get out REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
i'm not surprised that this comment was not original

I've been told by several employers that we're in this really annoying in between area. Too qualified for low end jobs but not qualified enough for the ones we want. Just leave out your degrees for the call center tier jobs