BPD / NPD

Is there a way of reaching someone who is suffering from borderline personality disorder and/or narsasistic personality disorder?

Attached: 1492856129844-1.jpg (285x350, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=dbt
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it depends on the person, i suppose. i suffer from both and i still manage to remain pretty functional most of the time. that's mainly because i went through years of therapy and help and shit.

some people who had no therapy for it turn out fucking insane, and there's very little hope for those.

Attached: 31ddce5dba4985e35315bd7fac7a4213.jpg (564x705, 69K)

OP dead? shame, i was kinda looking forward to talking about this stuff.

Attached: eb6047252b592cb105a18f2081a7f5de.png (500x500, 215K)

I have bpd, it really depends on how willing the person is to be reached.. dont you think?
In my case I try my hardest to be the most rational I can be

I'm here.
The person to which I was referring has not been to any therapy and is unwilling to admit she is suffering from one or both of those illnesses. I have no doubt someone who is self-aware is not hard to reach, but she lacks that.

You can easily reach them with this but make sure to fasten it tightly around their necks before pulling them up.

Attached: 1529355044198.png (900x1593, 109K)

You should tell them that you like them. Also suck in all insults potentially hurled at you right after.
Got bpd's here.

Attached: hugekonkons.jpg (1000x1397, 694K)

What actually is BPD

It makes people (usually women) insufferable bitchy, lovey dovey pseudo-lovesick, murderous raving psychopaths.

Why try and reach them then

It's a disorder that excuses people for being an asshole. Literally shouldn't existn but then again we have gaming disorder.

So just wait for them to get back to normal surely?

They are amazing in bed.

Sounds like my type where do I meet one?

DBT-meetings. Maybe you should figure out where they are kept, wait outside door. After meeting ends, rank each one that emerges out from there on scale 1 to 10 and try to strike conversation with one. Begin with compliments. We eat that shit up.

Attached: npd.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

I googled it and I'm still not sure what it is, what's DBT?

I'm worried about how I have narcissistic defense mechanisms. I want to take criticism better and be comfortable with being ignored. I try to improve but this stuff is tough.

Attached: catMirror.png (622x622, 362K)

Yup yup. Got my wine, my pills and my knife. You can call me an attention whore but you don't look in the mirror and see a person who hurts your family and friends. I deserve to die.

lmgtfy.com/?q=dbt

what do you mean by reaching?

i have BPD and I'm willing to answer any questions

Wine...! Please, sister. Get me wine! I need it. It's been almost one week.

Attached: remindsmeofward.jpg (400x400, 35K)

What I meant was I'm too stupid to understand the explanations and was hoping you would give me a dumbed down version

It is basically this method of therapy developed by this woman that had bpd herself. It involves recording your feelings, trying to recognize them. Dealing with impulsive behavior. Long process that does not necessarily remove disorder but makes life more manageable for one suffering from bpd. Success varies.

Oh, I see, thank you for the explanation, I understand a bit better now

that's a tough one user, if they're not willing to be be helped or even admit that they have those issues, im not sure what else you could do.

if they're a danger too themselves or others, you could perhaps get them put in psychward, but apart from that there isn't much else you can do.

Attached: pfp2.jpg (782x828, 77K)

Yes, just be a sociopathic Discord daddy dom and emotionally and sexually manipulate them into submission.

For normal people, unfortunately no.

The gist of it is that after a BPD acts like a huge cunt that she is, she writes it all down, and then maybe she can read two months of daily "he wasn't 100% perfect in every way, so I fucked Chad instead" and figure out that this is not the appropriate response to the situation, write how she should have responded instead, and try to act like that next time. It's like slowly teaching a murderous alien how to pretend to give a shit about other people. It only works if they want to be good people in the first place.

The method is so basic that it feels stupid to do, because normal people already have that capacity for self reflection in their heads and they usually do it on their own before they do really dumb shit.

It sounds like behavioral correction so it kinda makes sense. I knew a guy that did something similar and it worked for him

It works well if you just want someone to get into the habit of conforming most of the time so that they can function in society, but you have to remember that she still has the same impulses and she's going to act out on them sooner or later.

To be honest I'm more the type to conform to what they want

BPD girls don't get better. Story inbound.

So any bpd cuties here wanna take my soul apart?

I mean, you could have comorbid OCPD and that might be the only way to reach out to such a person.

I "dated" a borderline girl. At this point I use the word "dated" just to convey to normies that we were involved on a romantic level, because actually taking the time to explain everything is a fucking ten minute odyssey most people can't follow. Moral of the story is though, don't get involved with these girls. They can't be helped. They don't get better. It's just a massive clusterfuck that takes a toll on your sanity.

Okay, so backstory, I was a quarterback in high school, took a few bad hits from guys who eventually made the CFL. Had remnants of a few concussions, went full CTE mode for a few months my senior year, and got hospitalized (I recovered pretty fast). You ever see the movie "It's Kind of a Funny Story", where this kid goes to a psych ward and falls in love with a girl? That's exactly how we met. The movie came out 8 or 9 months after I was discharged.

Before you shit on me for chasing after a girl from the psych ward, you need to understand that if you have a mental breakdown, 1) your prospects of finding a girlfriend go in the shitter because everyone knows and 2) you have nobody your age, or really anybody, to talk openly about mental health issues with. So imagine you wake up one day and God himself places a quite beautiful woman in front of you who 1) doesn't give a fuck you're in a psych ward because she's in there too and 2) fully understands what it's like to have a mental breakdown herself. On paper, this is quite a nice change of pace.

Except the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way.

The first month or two was cool. I want to make it clear that at this point, I really quite liked this girl and she was more or less normal. Then I essentially turned into her therapist, because all these girls do once they get comfortable with you is vent about their problems to the point of exhaustion. I would basically sign onto facebook each day and hear about how she'd gotten into some screaming fight with her parents or didn't sleep or that her dad was "emotionally abusing" her. Once she started mentioning how talking to me was better than any therapy she was in or meds she was on, I got super nervous because we really weren't far enough in the relationship to be saying shit like that.

Also, I became scared that if I said the wrong thing to her, she'd have some sort of breakdown and hurt herself, and the parents would blame me.

This is the point where you should run far away from a BPD girl, but the culture in Canada is a bit different. We have a lot of social media advertisements and PSA's that beg you to be compassionate towards the mentally ill, and if you don't be patient or "understanding" with them, you're seen as a jerk.

So I basically put up with It because that's what muh PSA's told me to do, and in return it got more_ intense. She was constantly in trouble with the police for assault/battery on a family member, and always coming to me with some sort of ridiculous problem that could have been easily avoided if she wasn't fucking psycho and didn't attack her dad over petty bullshit.

Our actual relationship went in cycles. First, she'd spend days unloading these massive, complex personal problems on me. This is when I could talk to her about anything, invite her out, etc. Then she'd just straight up ghost me for a few days. At this point I have no idea where she is. Is she being abused? Did she get arrested again? Is she drunk off her ass and fucking randoms? Did she kill herself? You naturally start to worry what's going on. And then she'd just pop back in my inbox like "oh, soz, life's been crazy busy, I was arrested for throwing a pancake at my dad and kicking a hole in the shower." And thus the cycle starts again.

And those small cycles were part of much larger cycles. So we'd get together or reconnect in like, early summer, and by the fall - this happened several years in a row - she would decide she was a lesbian. This would result in her either sobbing uncontrollably (she was much easier to deal with in this state), or getting extremely angry at me for "not understanding she wasn't into guys" before fucking off and blocking me on everything.

6-8 months later, she'd show up and basically pretend none of this ever happened, and that we should try the relationship again.

So how does shit hit the fan?

My version of events, which she disputes to this day, is as follows: She calls me in the middle of the night and leaves a voicemail apologizing for all of her behavior up to this point. I drive over to her place the following evening. We sit on the edge of her bed and talk things out. I sleep with her. In the morning, I wake up with her on top of me. She promises that she wants to "do things right this time" and is "done being stupid." We lay in her bed cuddling until nearly four in the afternoon.

Within a month, she is back to her dodgy self, and starts having one of her many dissociative episodes in my inbox. She is rambling on about wanting to be arrested and go to jail for "stability." I offer to take her for coffee so she can explain to me what's bothering her, because this is what normal people do. She blocks me.

It's been three years. I have no more patience for this bullshit. I message a female friend of hers that was always commenting on her facebook posts. I introduce myself as the girl's boyfriend, and explain I'm concerned with how she's acting.

This "friend" was her online lesbian fiancee. She lived nearly 6000 km away in small town Oklahoma, and they were saving up money to run away together & get married. This girl is fucking devastated when I start sending screenshots to prove I'm not bullshitting. I am equally hurt, but I am also getting stoned with my friend, so we're both laughing our asses off at how bizarre this is. I cannot believe any of this is real.

About a week of radio silence goes by, then my ex begins flooding my text message inbox in a total rage. You can tell she's smashing the screen with her thumbs because words are misspelled and capitalization is all over the place. She is claiming we were never in a relationship, that I'm on drugs and delusional to think she ever loved me or had feelings for me, that I'm making up stories about her to "feel better about myself", that I have anger problems, and that I'm harassing her and her girlfriend. These messages roll in for a month straight. We fight daily over subjects I don't even understand. This girl literally woke up one day, pretended we'd never met, and was threatening to call the cops on me while simultaneously calling me a loser and "rubbing it in" that I'd never get to date her, even though I'd slept with her a month prior. I start having small panic attacks anytime my phone vibrates with a new message from her.

Some time passes and, I submit an article about her to TheDirty, because holy shit nigger what is even happening. Turns out I am not the only one to have this kind of experience with her, and I was probably cheated on with multiple people.

I shoot a message over to her sister, because I'm beyond pissed at this point. In the second major plot twist of this saga, the sister profusely apologizes to me and actually handles the whole thing quite maturely. Her whole family was aware that she's nuts and needs help, but was refusing it as she's over 18 and legally they can't do jack shit other than watch her self-destruct. I am assured I haven't done anything wrong.

That last sentence is called foreshadowing.

This conversation got back to my ex, and to retaliate she started calling my house to ask my parents where I lived and where I worked, which was really odd because 1) why does she know my home number if according to her we were never involved and 2) why didn't she just call my cell? Anyways we eventually got in contact again and agreed to meet up in some sketchy ass parking lot outside of a bar.

This goes about as well as you'd expect. She is impossible to have any sort of reasonable discussion with. The cops roll up on us and make fun of us for having "the talk." When they leave, she assaults me, runs off crying, then spends the next week texting me about how much of a loser I am and bragging that she punched me in the face. I am sporting an obvious bruise, but don't go to the cops because at this point, the SJW horseshit has now taken over society, and I know the cops will side with her.

More time passes. Her dad sends me a message on Facebook months later. My post online about her went somewhat viral and it got back to him. He is pissed and is threatening legal action. What he doesn't realize, is that I did my homework. Legally, I am in the clear. Nothing I said about her was untrue, and I could back everything up because I was lazy and had never deleted a single message she'd sent me in the three years I knew her. I told him in a fairly long-winded essay, that his daughter was every bit as psychotic as I implied, that he should know this more than anybody since he was the one who had her committed to a psych ward, and he can blow his empty threats right up his asshole. He blocks me.

But yes, the same dad she would kick the shit out of for years on end, was now trying to defend her.

cringe not reading that

It has now been several years since I'd slept with this girl. Things are going okay.
But then a buddy of mine texts me. She'd been asking him questions about me. Another buddy texts me more or less the same thing. I sign on some old social media accounts, she's messaged me on there a bunch of times, just the basic "fuck you asshole" shit. I check her twitter account. There are a handful of cryptic posts about me, made on fucking Canada day when she should be out partying like every other normal person. I don't spook easily. I'm uncomfortable. Empty lawsuit threats from her dad. Calling my folks house. Cryptic social media posts. At least one assault that went unreported. Numerous friends saying she's contacted them. Angry messages on old accounts. How far does this fucking go? Does this bitch show up outside my house one day?

Naw homie, this ain't cool. I go to the police, she's already in the system. One constable I talk with actually responded to a few incidents involving her. They advise me to apply for a court order and to "not operate in the same hemisphere as this girl" because she's completely psychotic. The process is super fucking easy. It's just paperwork.

Then we actually get to the court date, and it's like living in an r9k greentext thread. She pretends not to know me. Her dad pretends he has no idea what the issue is. They try and claim I made facebook accounts to impersonate her, and sent the messages to myself. It is the most bonkers-tier example of lying from an adult male I had ever seen in my life. Also, we are not dealing with trailer trash here. The dad is a tech school instructor and he's got a nice bio on the school's website. This is a clean cut man with a six figure job, who knows his daughter has a serious personality disorder, helping her lie in civil court. I am pooping my pants.

I come back to the police to serve the court order on her (you can do that, cheaper than hiring a process server), and let them know how things went. They are completely bamboozled at the fact that her dad was defending her. They openly comment on how weird that seems. They go through the details of the court order that was granted, and instruct me to actually go back and have it amended because there were a few loopholes she could exploit if she wanted to be vindictive.

Her parents present a sob story that she's been rendered immobile by this drama, has gotten fired from her job because of it, and is scared of me. I am watching two middle aged teachers help make up stories on behalf of a girl who is known to police as a pathological liar. The court threatens me with prosecution if I pursue this any further.

I immediately realize that if I ever knocked this girl up, got a place with her, or married her, this could have been so much worse.

Again, I return to the police, now extremely pissed off that I almost landed in major shit by following their advice. They apologize to me profusely, and I'm fast-tracked into counseling via victim services. Without going into full mgtow mode, the professionals basically acknowledge that this whole chain of events is exactly how girls with BPD can ruin your life, and I got extremely lucky.

She violated the court order a few months later. It was... mind-numbingly stupid and anti-climactic how she did so. I don't know what came of it. Personally, I don't really care.

In the meantime, I was sent down a rabbit-hole of information on BPD, because if anything it makes for a good read on the shitter and I personally found the psychology of this stuff kind of interesting.

Jow Forums presents these girls as quirky and charming, and implies you can fix them if you just put in a bit more effort. This is just straight up not the case. At any given time, they are prone to snapping and putting an absurd amount of effort in to rewriting history, destroying your life, or manipulating other people to fuck with you, for reasons they themselves don't really comprehend.

You might get lucky and only have to deal with a fraction of the above. That is best case scenario.

But realistically, you are playing russian roulette with your emotions. Don't talk to these girls, don't make friends with them, don't date with them, don't sleep with them, don't have kids with them, don't marry them. No matter how hot they are.

Attached: 1509524156204.jpg (1536x2048, 446K)

>She is rambling on about wanting to be arrested and go to jail for "stability."
They always have these fantasies of someone else living their lives for them.

I dislike sneaky bpd girls like this. I rarely ever come up with schemes like this. Just try to tweak things bit that they go my way at best.

My method is grab a knife. Stab, cut. Strangle. I am not very strong but when madness hits me I am able to knock out average guy. Usually with some help, like wall. My partner he has gone through this all. The scars. It makes me feel bad for him. But I am sort of proud that I rarely lie.

Attached: 4124141.jpg (768x1039, 152K)

>This is the point where you should run far away from a BPD girl, but the culture in Canada is a bit different. We have a lot of social media advertisements and PSA's that beg you to be compassionate towards the mentally ill, and if you don't be patient or "understanding" with them, you're seen as a jerk.

Holy fuck this.

Stories like these are the reminders I need about Axis II disorders being separate from Axis I disorders. Superb luck to you, leafanon.

Not reading anymore, but fuck man, its your fault for dealing with all of this at this point. I was waiting for a point where you'd had been the mature one and left her alone. If i were you, i wouldve ghosted the bitch around the 3rd or 4th time she pissed me off. Ive had to do it before, and reading this just opens my eyes and I thank the lord for making me avoid what could have been.
The bitch is crazy, but so are you. Imagine thinking anyone on here cares about your rambling

>ghosting a bpd girl

this is how you get them to kill themselves, user

no, they will move on to the other boy, any suicide attempt these girls make is a cry for attention. ive seen them admit this. spare yourself, youre not entitled to take care of someone else. live your own life, for yourself, not others. it may sound cruel but that's reality

Every single story on every single bpd support forum reads out like this, whether they're written by ex boyfriends, ex husbands, or even ex family members. It is always some retarded, elongated chain of events taking place over several years that gets progressively off the rails until it is impossible to tell what's happening anymore. That is precisely why any reasonable user will tell you to avoid girls like this. You are not in for a short term relationship even if that's precisely what your goal is. It always evolves from high school-tier drama that is kind of immature to full-blown late night HBO triple plot arc 2 hour long season finales, and it happens so gradually and becomes so routine that you don't notice what's occurring until you're in the middle of season 5.

You had ptsd too, right? Would explain why you act like a berserker instead something else. You got any friends?

Attached: voices.jpg (480x480, 78K)

unironically hope all bpd's kill themselves

at least npd's can go on to do great things that advance society solely through their perfectionist mindset. bpd's are literal succubi and need to be culled

Fuck off, no free will with OCD is terrible. Originally/10

I'll take my by myself, thank you.

Attached: 1529619907816.png (611x239, 15K)

>"no free will"

ahh the classic "it's not my fault" line of thinking of bpd's. get on medication or fucking kill yourself

I was actually saying that NPD implies no free will. Ok....

Attached: 1540395866684.png (661x184, 13K)

I've sometimes thought about reaching out to my BPD exgf's exes to talk about this shit. The only thing holding me back is the shitfest that might ensue if she caught wind.

There's no fucking doubt why all of us have blocked and deleted her from our lives. Psycho cunts.

>Within a month, she is back to her dodgy self, and starts having one of her many dissociative episodes in my inbox. She is rambling on about wanting to be arrested and go to jail for "stability." I offer to take her for coffee so she can explain to me what's bothering her, because this is what normal people do. She blocks me.

What's fucking insane with BPD people is they always choose the most difficult path.

If this girl goes for coffee with this guy and says "hey Im kinda unstable, maybe we shouldn't do this and maybe I jumped the gun telling you i loved you, im really sorry", they avoid EVERYTHING that followed.

But instead the girl thinks its fucking middle school and goes "no hahaha imma block you and make you figure out what the problem is by yourself."

A quick caveat, NPD and Avoidant PD probably make for quick BPD behaviors.

Nope.
I used to. I am not very bad with people at all. I actually enjoy dealing with them but I can't let them too close that's why I am here. You are closest to real friends I've had in a while. However without my partner I would probably hang out with bottom of society (in real life) Jow Forums is closest I can get to virtually. I just feel comfortable here even though I know everyone hates me and it's not healthy.

Attached: 3ef57774959b2e4.jpg (209x242, 13K)

>posting screenshots of what you post

what a pathetic bot you've built lmao

If by bot you meant careful neural networks being consciously allowed to elucidate data, then yes, a fantastic beast indeed.

n-no bully

t. retard that watched one 3-hour youtube video on machine learning

Do you truly deny the existence of hyperlexia?

.34q345

At least you tried.

pathetick

omg thanks for letting me know what Jow Forums is about

SaGeD