30+

I'm turning 30 and have stopped fucking around being neet/using hard drugs.

This is the first time I've had a job and supported myself.

What are the odds of turning my life around at this point?

Attached: 1491404918810.jpg (951x960, 83K)

as a 28 year old user, i have hope for you. can you give a quick rundown of how you made the transition?
>what job did you get
>whats your living situation
>how much are your rent+utilities
>how much money do you have left over

>what job did you get
Pizza delivery and skip the dishes
>whats your living situation
Basement suite with 19yo girl roommate
>how much are your rent+utilities
$500 rent, car insurance $180, phone $80
>how much money do you have left over
I have not learned to budget yet and thats a problem I know. But I make around minimum wage, but I work less hours because delivery shifts are 4 to 5 hours.

>literally lives with a girl
Gtfo normie

Attached: 1526343089146.png (506x409, 267K)

As for how I made the transition, I got sent to rehab for the 5th time and I got off of drugs for a year and a half. 12 step meetings and hanging out with people in that community. lost a lot of weight and gained a lot of muscle.

I'm not sober now though, but I'm keeping it together.

My landlord let me choose the roommate, I chose a girl because they pee sitting down(make less of a mess in the bathroom).

Also turning 30 but I don't want to. I feel extremely unhappy about it. I have not found a boyfriend and it seems impossible.

Honestly, if you work your ass off, there's a 100% chance. You're never too far gone to put in the work

I feel the same, I need to find someone to settle down with and have a way to provide for my family.

Maybe if we get out more, work toward careers we will just naturally find them. I'm guessing we're both shut-ins.

Attached: 1527477445830.png (381x353, 36K)

Not bad.

You can turn your life around at any age. It's easier when you're young, but there are stories of 50 something homeless dudes managing to unfuck themselves get a break and make something of themselves.

My father was a failed bartender till his mid 30s and he then managed to create a sucessful engineering business.

Well I am not a shut in but I have nothing to offer, I am plain, I do not look like a chad or daddy, I have nerd hobbies and interests, I am not tall or rich.
Just a plain guy which is a death sentence.

Idk, but gay seems like easy mode.

If you're a bottom bitch that just want dicks up your ass like a female slut. Yeah or if you're a big guy with big dick then being gay is easy mode.

I would clean up, but I'm glad I'm not gay. I don't like lgbtq culture.

Neither do I but I still want a boyfriend and will never have one.

Workout, do some steroids. You have nothing to lose.

Attached: 1558534911039.jpg (400x400, 112K)

Middle age is mid 50's now, you have 20-25 years.
T - 35 year old robro who has nearly made it.

Attached: 1560133931324.jpg (614x558, 145K)

What do you mean when you say "hard drugs"?
Post your drug list OP
I'm at around 30 at this point during the last ~3 years

>What are the odds of turning my life around at this point?
You will be motivated at the start but over time there will be situations where it feels like a dead end. To pass that is the challange. You will be like "omgee, I am so late in the game and have to do all that extra work is lame, ugh, i wanna quit and do drugs again". If you can endure those situations, you'll be fine.

>have stable job since i'm 18
>have own apartment
>gonna turn 31 this year still khv

getting a job and living on your own feels good atleast.

Odds depend on the person. It's no myth that modern 30 is the old 20, etc. I myself was a useless POS until 28. That was the point when I seriously applied for schools, got in, got a Uni degree, went into work, built a career, and am now enjoying a very, very different life from what I used to.

I have two friends who've been in more or less similar scenarios. One of them was a fat nothing his entire fucking life, joint problems etc at 29-30 range just got tired of it. His own words: tired. So for a few years he started first walking, then biking, then jogging, then into heavy nutritional control and martial arts, and now he's running a successful dojo, has a wife, kids, house, debts, and is fit as fuck.

These are not random motivational stories. These are things that happened. To me, to my friends. But for every one of these in my life at least, there's 1-2 people who are now in their 40's and still haven't done shit with their lives.

So my point? Don't look for validation in others, especially in Jow Forums of all places. Don't think about the odds. Just do it. It's hard fucking work, but it can be done. And if not, well, then at least you know you tried.

And don't buy into the whole millennial horse shit either "waa waa we can't get a job because boomers fucked it all up" it's bullshit. Those are people who have grown into a world where everything was handed to them. Those are people who think whining for more welfare equals bravery. Those are people who think the "hard work" referred to here, means filling a few applications and crying to mommy about it. REAL work, years and years and fucking years of it, 8+ hours almost every day of every week, is something completely different. But if you do it, it will bear results. Just like it always has.

Is that tossed salad and scrambled eggs?

You're a fucking retard. That is all.

Wow, that eloquence. That's like some Dick Hitchens shit right there. You really showed me.

Are you paying 180 a month for your car inssurance? wtf I pay 600 a year and i'm 25 also you're paying way too much for your phone i pay 15 a month for 4giga

35+ neet for years , on government allowence , live and eat comfortable . depression and anxiety .

how will i fix this , i dont know . hope ww3 or something huge will happen.

what did you do ....am in your range..

do you have an owie? tell the doctor where it hurts

What's your phone carrier? I pay 30\month for 2 gigs plus unlimited text\calls. Want a better deal

>hope ww3 or something huge will happen
everyone with half a brain can see the next 10 years are going to be a war torn shit heap.

i'm not an americuck

>be 29
>have an engineering degree
>moved back to mid sized home city after being miserable in decent paying job in a big city elsewhere
>have an opportunity to work with old employer again for $18-20 an hour to start

I'm obviously going to try learning new skills, maybe coding or something that earns more but is $18-20 laughable for a 29 year old with an engineering degree?

Tomorrow I'm gonna try to get my first ever job, in a supermarket no less. If I get it it'll either make me or brake me. Wish me luck frens.

Good luck user wish you all the best

you are on the razors edge. You got to get this shit in order very soon user.

If you have not started using Grindr you need to immediately this will be a positive change for you

>came here in the good days of 2007
>found my girl here
>because of her I had the courage to get the job I love
>own a house
>still together 12 years later
>turning 35 this fall

from what I have seen those born in the mid to early 80s were the last batch of btards or what ever you want to call us here on Jow Forums to be able to make a life. Seems like OPs story is the best case anymore which is rather tragic.

Attached: 1560242700684.jpg (564x402, 26K)

You can do it, user. Originali oregano tbqhf

yea you guys are supposed to be making 50-60k out of the gate

I hope you get a payraise bud.

Yes. That is low.

I made that my first year operating heavy equipment

depends on work skills and trades, at 21 years old I was making $18 an hour to start but in 3 years because of the work environment and skills I was up to $27, currently I'm $42 as a chem tech lead.
What no one fucking tells you is that you got to bust your ass young and fucking grind like hell when you are young because the system dosn't speed up because of your age. If I did what my brother did I be in your shoes nearing my 30s with such petty gains it wouldn't feel worth it to try

No one tells you that because College makes bank on you the longer you stay. Why would they want you to haul ass and get it all done young with about 3 times the chances to pay off your debt with less than 10% interest gathered? They are making more on student debt than the government on taxes. College is a great thing but it takes a hell of responsibility that no one fucking teaches, I'm assuming you are like me and had parents that drove that into you rather than just sit back and put the chains on your ankle.

Attached: 4564567473568.jpg (480x360, 10K)

This is pure boomer nonsense. Real wages have gone down and none of your horse shit justifies that.

is that fucking frasier? I guess his dad is probably dead by now he's got the apartment back to himself, good for him