GOSPEL OF THE DAY

From the Gospel according to Matthew
MT 5:20-26

Jesus said to his disciples:
"I tell you, unless your righteousness surpasses that
of the scribes and Pharisees,
you will not enter into the Kingdom of heaven.

"You have heard that it was said to your ancestors,
You shall not kill; and whoever kills will be liable to judgment.
But I say to you, whoever is angry with his brother
will be liable to judgment,
and whoever says to his brother,
'Raqa,' will be answerable to the Sanhedrin,
and whoever says, 'You fool,' will be liable to fiery Gehenna.
Therefore, if you bring your gift to the altar,
and there recall that your brother
has anything against you,
leave your gift there at the altar,
go first and be reconciled with your brother,
and then come and offer your gift.
Settle with your opponent quickly while on the way to court with him.
Otherwise your opponent will hand you over to the judge,
and the judge will hand you over to the guard,
and you will be thrown into prison.
Amen, I say to you,
you will not be released until you have paid the last penny."

Attached: 1546953275622.jpg (618x741, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

usccb.org/bible/books-of-the-bible/index.cfm
vaticannews.va/en/word-of-the-day.html
usccb.org/bible/matthew/5#48005022-2
usccb.org/bible/exodus/20#02020005-1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

READING OF THE DAY
A Reading from the Second Letter of Paul to the Corinthians
2 COR 3:15-4:1, 3-6

Brothers and sisters:
To this day, whenever Moses is read,
a veil lies over the hearts of the children of Israel,
but whenever a person turns to the Lord the veil is removed.
Now the Lord is the Spirit and where the Spirit of the Lord is,
there is freedom.
All of us, gazing with unveiled face on the glory of the Lord,
are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory,
as from the Lord who is the Spirit.

Therefore, since we have this ministry through the mercy shown us,
we are not discouraged.
And even though our Gospel is veiled,
it is veiled for those who are perishing,
in whose case the god of this age
has blinded the minds of the unbelievers,
so that they may not see the light of the Gospel
of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
For we do not preach ourselves but Jesus Christ as Lord,
and ourselves as your slaves for the sake of Jesus.
For God who said, Let light shine out of darkness,
has shone in our hearts to bring to light
the knowledge of the glory of God
on the face of Jesus Christ.

WORDS OF THE HOLY FATHER

How many times do we in the Church hear these things: how many times! 'But that priest, that man or that woman from the Catholic Action, that bishop, or that Pope tell us we must do this this way!' and then they do the opposite.
This is the scandal that wounds the people and prevents the people of God from growing and going forward. It doesn't free them. 'Strive for perfectionism: reconcile with your brother. Do not insult him. Love him.
And if there is a problem, at the very least settle your differences so that war doesn't break out.' Jesus always knows how to accompany us, he gives us the ideal, he accompanies us towards the ideal,
He frees us from the chains of the laws' rigidity and tells us: 'But do that up to the point that you are capable.' And allow me to use this word that seems a bit strange: it's the tiny sanctity of negotiations.
Let us implore our Lord to teach us, first to escape from all rigidity but also to go out beyond ourselves, so we can adore and praise God
who teaches us to be reconciled amongst ourselves and who also teaches us to reach an agreement up to the point that we are able to do so. (Santa Marta, 9 June 2016)

usccb.org/bible/books-of-the-bible/index.cfm
vaticannews.va/en/word-of-the-day.html

What is to be Raqa, Sanhedrin, and Gehenna? Why do I have to give in to my opponent when I am being righteous as the Lord instructs?

Not trying to be a dick. I'm not Christian, but I accept there could be meaningful philosophy in the Bible. Sometimes there is wisdom, but sometimes it's just hooie fooie.

>What is to be Raqa, Sanhedrin, and Gehenna?
usccb.org/bible/matthew/5#48005022-2
>Why do I have to give in to my opponent when I am being righteous as the Lord instructs?
I'm not too sure about this part. You could read it literally as paying a debt you owe. It is cross referenced with the verse below. I think it is telling you to forgive as you have been forgiven. If you refuse to reconcile with your opponent/brother, you will be held accountable as long as you hold out.
Matthew 18:34-35
Then in anger his master handed him over to the torturers until he should pay back the whole debt. So will my heavenly Father do to you, unless each of you forgives his brother from his heart."

based and redpilled
doing God's work fren

Attached: 1543681423221.gif (425x400, 1.88M)

Ok I can dig it. Reconciliation is badass because then you gain a friend instead of an enemy. And I am in short supply of friends of late.

So is god perfect?

God is perfect

So if he's perfect, but he's also angry, spiteful and jealous, does that mean you those traits aren't bad? Because you can still be perfect while having them apparently.

God is not angry, spiteful or jealous. God punishes the wicked and rewards the good. It's very simple.

exodus 20:5 KJV
>"Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;"
Exodus 34:14
>"For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:"
Job 4:9
"By the breath of God they perish, And by the blast of His anger, they come to an end.

>Jealous: demanding exclusive allegiance.
usccb.org/bible/exodus/20#02020005-1
Why can't God be angry? There is righteous anger. The verse before put this in context.
>As I see it, those who plow mischief and sow trouble will reap them. By the breath of God they perish, and by the blast of his wrath they are consumed.

>quoting the old testament
get with the times boomer

You can't just ignore half the shit
They specifically said he was jealous and that's why he didn't want you to worship other gods
God should be objective if he's making justice related decisions. Strong emotions like anger cause you to make mistakes in the heat of the moment. Regardless of how all-knowing you are.

God's justice is perfect and he doesn't make mistakes. His anger is 100% justified. The devil (or evil) is indifferent.

you don't know what you're talking about, brainlet. read the new testament then apologize for being a retard you inbred jew

So, when he drowned all those people, despite having the power to help change their minds. That was justified?
How?

Wow, thank you, you've really made me reconsider my argument with your amazing rhetorical skills. Explain why I don't know what I'm talking about because if anything this is going to keep me away from your religion if you're going to be that much of an asshole about it, on top of not explaining any of your points.

God can do what He pleases with His creation. He judged them correctly as wicked and corrupt and what He did was justified.

Genesis 6:5-7
When the LORD saw how great the wickedness of human beings was on earth, and how every desire that their heart conceived was always nothing but evil, the LORD regretted making human beings on the earth, and his heart was grieved. So the LORD said: I will wipe out from the earth the human beings I have created, and not only the human beings, but also the animals and the crawling things and the birds of the air, for I regret that I made them.

Genesis 6:11-13
But the earth was corrupt in the view of God and full of lawlessness. When God saw how corrupt the earth had become, since all mortals had corrupted their ways on earth, God said to Noah: I see that the end of all mortals has come, for the earth is full of lawlessness because of them. So I am going to destroy them with the earth.

At the same time Noah found favor and was saved. One possible answer for this course of action is that it allowed Him to establish a covenant with Noah that He would not destroy the earth again. This sets a foundation that those who obey God will find His protection.

jew, pilpul will not save you. what version of the Bible did you take that translation from? Any version other than the King James Version is NWO kike propaganda. The wicked deserve punishment and God deserves to be worshipped as the one and only God because He is.

Accept Jesus Christ into your heart as your Lord and Savior, repent, and ask for forgiveness.

The wicked deserve to be punished.

you do not understand the gift of free will. if God interfered with our free will, we would not be free. God punishes the wicked but allows us to make the decision ourselves. This takes about 5 minutes of critical thinking to figure out, inbred barinlet jew retard.

I'm not arguing he can't do what he wants, because of course, he can but that doesn't make it not awful. In fact, that makes it more horrifying, the idea we're in the hands of a god that could help us because he is all powerful and all knowing but chooses not to for reasons he won't tell us is pretty spooky. Even if there wasn't a way to help change these people he could literally make a way that could do that.

Yes, actually it was from the King James Bible.

I'd say there's a limit. Trusting your son to spend the money from his job wisely is one thing, but not intervining when your eternal soul is on the line and you could spend the rest of eternity suffering as a result. It becomes a different problem.

Even then, he wouldn't have had to brainwash them. He could've sent down someone who was really great at arguing, to the point where they could convince people that what they were doing was wrong. It's not like he hasn't done that before. I'd also say flooding the world because they used their free will is pretty intervene-y.

Attached: 946d420fefff8d4d16777df5df276693.jpg (500x602, 34K)

10 years ago there is no way Jow Forums would have a regular gospel of the day thread. There is also no way that that thread would not be filled with people typing GODS NOT REAL YOU FAGGOTS HAHAH FUNDIES JESUS RAPTOR RELIGOON IS FOR RETARDS.

In recent years Christianity has sort of gained a small foothold on the chans. What is the cause of this? Have fedoras just been mocked into submission or is society so atheistic and liberal now that Christianity seems edgy, dangerous and a bit cool?

listen JEWser. that passage means that God wants us to worship Him and Him alone. It is not our place to judge the word of God but only to listen and do our best to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ who is God and the Lord and savior of us all.

You stupid inbred kikes always try to twist the word of God because you are wicked and you know it. Your jewish pride blinds you to the truth and whether or not you can admit that to yourself, shut the fuck up and don't make a fool out of yourself trying to falsely interpret the Word of God, the only God and the true God and Lord of all.

Go eat a foreskin and jump in an oven you filthy stupid inbred kike faggot nigger little bitch.

Jow Forums is just contrarian. Back in the Bush administration, there were a lot of liberals here
but when liberals became the more represented group Jow Forums got more of a conservative base.
Now that the church is on it's way out as an institution Jow Forums is defending it.

Attached: 7b94d41e55a5afad34516dfececf3206.jpg (471x594, 38K)

>In fact, that makes it more horrifying
That's right and when your fears are misplaced it distorts everything else. Fear God who administers perfect judgement.
Matthew 10:28-31
And do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather, be afraid of the one who can destroy both soul and body in Gehenna. Are not two sparrows sold for a small coin? Yet not one of them falls to the ground without your Father's knowledge. Even all the hairs of your head are counted. So do not be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

Explain how those fears are misplaced?

I figured that the passage meant that, that's why I posted it and if it's not our place to judge the word of god then why do we have the place to judge it's legitimate advice or even that it's conscionable advice?

I'm not even Jewish and if I was why would I also be shitting on the testament I believe in? Also if I'm falsely interpreting the word of god that means there's a right interpretation but if there's an interpretation at all, doesn't that count as a judgment about the word of god?

>Jow Forums is just contrarian. Back in the Bush administration, there were a lot of liberals here
Being a liberal was still sort of edgy back them. Plus the culture of American liberalism was very different. Check out Sarah Silverman Jesus is Magic. There is NO WAY that could get made today; she says the n word multiple times.

>Now that the church is on it's way out as an institution Jow Forums is defending it.
I am a Britbong. Christianity as a seriously believed religion for most of the population has been dead here for a long long time.
But has American Christianity really changed that massively in the last 15 years?

Yeah, I'd say so. At least when it comes to the age group that tends to visit this site.

It's really a shame that liberalism has gotten to the point where it's at.

>i'm not even jewish
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

go jump in an oven you filthy stupid kikel

why is it so hard to get into heaven? its as if we aren't designed to get into heaven but we have to try anyway... its like forcing the square peg into the round hole.

I'd say the opposite, in modern Christianity all you have to do is apologize. So no matter how bad of a person you are, no matter how much you affected other's lives you get a pass. I think that's why the new testiment retconned the whole, "don't sin to get into heaven thing" because they realized it was an unachievable standard to not do any of those things. So as a way to get a broader appeal they just threw up their hands and said fuck it.
Regardless of how it ruins the entire point of being "moral".

>build orphanages
>go to hell for not believing in the right skydaddy
>rape babies for breakfast
>"sorry god lol"
>go to heaven

Attached: 1557998624491.jpg (400x400, 13K)

Those fears are misplaced by fearing what man can do or distracting yourself from fears instead of trusting in God and turning to Him looking for His mercy.

>fearing what man can do
How am I afraid of what man can do when my argument is about God is horrifying?
Also flowery language=/=Deep or meaningful language.

>apologize
Repent is the right word. An insincere apology is not repentance.

>How am I afraid of what man can do when my argument is about God is horrifying?
That would be how the fear is misplaced.

I assumed we were talking about my fears, the fears about how god is sociopathic and chooses to harm us.

Maybe I should have written
>That's right and when those fears are misplaced
I wasn't saying your fears were misplaced.