You aren't meeting the expectations I've set for you, Champ. You've been spending too much time on the computer. Now...

You aren't meeting the expectations I've set for you, Champ. You've been spending too much time on the computer. Now, we've been through this before: Finding work is as simple as walking into the store, going up to the manager, giving him a firm handshake, and telling him you're the right man for the job.

Persistence pays off, Champ! When I was your age, we were facing our cross-town rivals over at Allentown Prep. They were the best team in the entire state, and they had this monster of a defensive end: A huge fella by the name of Chet Anders. He was 6'5 and 260 pounds -- or he was until I dove at his knees on a cut block and took him out. Sheer luck it took the paramedics 15 minutes to get him to stop screaming. And that was with the scouts from Alabama and Notre Dame in attendance. Last I heard, he leapt off a bridge after he couldn't even hack it in Hacwamanee Community College as a third-stringer.

Attached: CHAMP.png (529x334, 204K)

Very original never been done before post #6584

Champ, back in my day, being a nitpicking weirdo was just another way of saying that you needed a kick in the keyster to get you going.

Now you've been falling short of what I've been expecting outta you, Champ. ou'll practically be rolling in piles of dough when you get that first paycheck! When I was your age, I rucked through the blizzard of '67 to get to the interview down at the factory. Nearly lost my toes and fingers to frostbite that day, but the manager was so impressed when I barged through the door that he hired me right on the spot. Yep, worked my way up from fetching auto parts to eventually becoming the CEO. And needless to say that I raised you, bought the house, three cars, the boat, and our winter vacationer down in Lake Las Vegas. You've got no excuses, Mister."

Now that summer's in full swing, it should be easier for you to walk in and find work. Whaddya mean you're down in the dumps, Champ? Champ, back in my day, depression was just another way of saying that you needed a kick in the keyster to get you going. You've got nothing to be sad about, Champ. Especially when it comes to taking advantage of opportunities like working. Tell ya what: I'll drive you around town to look for a job, and we won't turn back until someone hires you on the spot. It's simply a matter of crawling outta that big shell of yours, walking into the store to speak with the manager, giving him a firm handshake, and refusing to let go until he tells you when you can start. Every journey begins with a single step, Champ.

Attached: 1499028570879.jpg (502x407, 36K)

>tfw looking my manager straight in the eyes and shaking his hand got me my career
You know boomer posting and all but what the fuck man.

"That's because nothing guarantees getting a job like taking the initiative and speaking with the manager in person. You've gotta grab life by the horns, Champ; you can't wait for everything to come to you. When I was your age, I rucked through the worst snowstorm in state history to get to an interview when my Mustang wouldn't start. They've even got a photo of me in the local paper, marching through the driving snow. The manager was so impressed that he shook my hand and hired me right on the spot. I nearly froze to death out there in the driving snow, so you've got it pretty easy compared to me, Champ. Where there's a will, there's a way -- and it's as easy as showing up ten minutes prior, giving the manager a firm handshake, and telling him you'll be the best hire they'll ever make."

"Couldn't hurt to try, especially at a place like this, Champy-wampy. Whatdy'a mean you need connections and certifications to get hired here? Champ, those shiny degrees may seem nice and all, but nothing gets your foot in the door like a firm handshake. Get it, Champ? Ha, ha,ha."

Attached: boomerdad.jpg (502x407, 80K)

Going to the gym again, Champ? You don't need any of that nonsense. You can exercise by helping me do some yardwork. After that, we'll drive around town and get you a job. There's some construction taking place downtown, and I think that's right up your alley. All you've gotta do is show up, speak with the foreman, give him a firm handshake, and refuse to let go until he hires you right on the spot. Time to use those muscles for work, Champ!

What'dya mean you're worried about your mad gains, Champ? Nonsense. When I was your age, I rucked through the worst snowstorm in state history to get to the factory for the interview. The manager was so impressed when I barged through the door that he hired me right on the spot. These days, I stay in shape by taking the stairs and walking up and down the assembly lines, and I'm fitter than all of you youngin's. By golly, you're bound to stay in shape once you get a job, Champ.

Attached: 1499306854963.jpg (1080x1536, 205K)

But dad I've tried that, even got an interview scheduled once, then the manager didnt show up and never rescheduled

Excuses, schmuses, Champ! Getting a job is as easy as walking up to the manager, giving him a firm handshake, and refusing to let go until he tells you when you can start! We'll drive around town practicing, and we won't turn back until someone hires you right on the spot. Where there's a will, there's a way, Champ!

Attached: 1542679297262.jpg (612x408, 22K)

Honestly, I wish I had a dad half as involved as this. Most mine does is say "wow, times sure have changed" and keep complaining about the job he has

"Of course we're still going to Chick-Fil-A, Champ. I know how much you love their Sweet Tea and Chick-n-Strips, but we've got several stops to make along the way, and this place is one of them. Oh, turn that frown upside down, Champ. By getting a job, you'll be able to do all those things you've always wanted to do -- and the best part is that you won't need to use your mother's credit card anymore to buy those Yun-dahr-ray games you like so much. You'll practically be rolling in piles of dough! Besides, you've gotta start thinking about your future, Champ. One day, you're gonna leave the nest and have a family of your own. And there's no better way to get started than by getting a job. When I was your age, I rucked through the blizzard of '67 to get the down at the factory. Nearly lost my toes and fingers to frostbite that day, but the manager was so impressed when I barged through the door that he hired me right on the spot. It was tough sledding every now and then on the line, and 'Nam got in the way. But I worked my way up through the ranks then I raised you, bought the house, three cars, the boat, and our winter vacationer down in Lake Las Vegas. You've got all the opportunities in the world!"

"Now that all those kids are back in school, it should be easier for you to walk in and find work. Whaddya mean you're down in the dumps, Champ? Champ, back in my day, depression was just another way of saying that you needed a kick in the keyster to get you going. You've got nothing to be sad about, Champ. Especially when it comes to taking advantage of opportunities like working. Tell ya what: I'll drive you around town to look for a job, and we won't turn back until someone hires you on the spot. It's simply a matter of walking into the store to speak with the manager, giving him a firm handshake, and refusing to let go until he tells you when you can start. Every journey begins with a single step, Champ!"

Attached: 1500262632939.png (716x649, 1.79M)

I laugh at this at first but then they kind hurt a bit

Attached: 1554345971639.jpg (300x400, 13K)

None the less we still appreciate boomer posting

Champ I just went into the bathroom to check your logs and there's been a 25% size reduction each time I've done the inspection for a week now. What's going on with those squat hoses, son? We're feeding you good and this is the reward your mom and I get? Tell ya what, champ. You can either double the size of your Brown Town's by the end of the week, or I'm driving you "Around Town" until some straight eye contact and a firm handshake gets you a job. We got a deal or what son?

Attached: 220px-Jim_Braude.jpg (220x318, 16K)

thank you user. take a (You) please

Attached: 1557968054429.jpg (413x465, 48K)

But who is Champ?

we are all champs user

>tfw your father, who struggled so much to earn all what you enjoyed in your life, watches your unfixable mediocrity, conforming with a life sitting in front of a computer
> You won't even give him kids to give him the satisfaction to know his lineage might become great someday

>Mfw my 'father' is a complete piece of shit who fucked up everything and I'll die in the satisfaction that his lineage ends here, denying him the 'legacy'' he goes on so much about
Not even memeing btw

Attached: il_570xN.1168679113_8wr5.jpg (570x431, 33K)

tfw my dad has never had a job ever

>he gave up his own success and feeling of accomplishment just to make his dad mad

You really showed him! BTFO! lmao

>Going to the gym again, Champ? You don't need any of that nonsense. You can exercise by helping me do some yardwork.

Lol, in his time that was true.
Charlton Heston with his shirt off in Planet of the Apes was like the ultimate physique of the 60s.
He probably smoked and ate carbs and just got exercise by doing shit.

Now, if you look like him and not a body builder crossed with an olympic swimmer you're considered average
Eat 100g of protein between your second and third workout of the day. 80 more squats, go!

Attached: hestonapes.jpg (413x550, 33K)